Prove there's a god.
LineDazzle

Chester, UK

#638707 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I can know yours, and and how you shined in life.
Is just as important as how we remember you in death.
How did I shine in life? Explain, child!
LineDazzle

Chester, UK

#638708 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do you follow an unnatural course?
I know I don't! Be quiet, boy!
LineDazzle

Chester, UK

#638709 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do you follow an unnatural course?
I know that I don't, so be quiet, BOY!

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#638710 Jul 9, 2013
This is a choice everyone in our society has at some point in their lives has meditated on , the choice, to believe or not to believe

FAITH:
confidence or trust in a person or thing:
faith in another's ability.
belief that is not based on proof.
belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.

( I CHOOSE FAITH !) I do have people tell me. They do not believe In GOD, they ask wheres the proof. I SAY I DON'T NEED PROOF I JUST KNOW.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638711 Jul 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just a stupid little teenage boy! Wish you dead!
Such a dutiful christian....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#638712 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
A Pre-Christian 'God' on a Cross?
http://stellarhousepublishing.com/prechristia...
Although the tiny Orpheos ornament disappeared during World War II from the Berlin Bode Museum, there exist drawings and photographs of both it and a cast of it made in modern times. In 2001, a line drawing of the artifact was pictured on the cover of Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy’s The Jesus Mysteries, which created a bit of a sensation, as apologists scrambled to debunk the object because of its similarities to supposed "Christian" iconography. Very soon, cries of "forgery!" were ringing out on the internet and beyond, and the integrity of the Jesus Mysteries authors was impugned with fury, for exposing the amulet to the light of day. But were such charges of forgery appropriate and based on a thorough scientific investigation?
Murdock is a conspiracy theorist.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#638713 Jul 9, 2013
Why does it bother Non believer's that some people can be trusting and have FAITH ?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638714 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not related to any type belief system.
The scientist that has bias to belief has tainted his experiment.
Sure Dave there are lots of successful scientists in freedom.
But belief is secondary to research, and bias to belief is the mind killer. Now show us Dave where belief has shown belief to be true.
It has never been that way, instead reality shows us what to believe by experimentation, and we left our beliefs behind.
\We moved up to knowing it.
The first sentence was true. The rest was just more bullshit.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#638715 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You just gotta love the brainwashed godbots who claim they're not religious, but enjoy having the delusion of a personal relationship with their imaginary father figure in the sky.
If there was a god then he'd join us in laughing hysterically at these pitiful godbots who compulsively pray to him and never get a response.
Chunky flunky, have you no self respect? Go crawl back under that rock you came from .

Ashford, UK

#638716 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You just gotta love the brainwashed godbots who claim they're not religious, but enjoy having the delusion of a personal relationship with their imaginary father figure in the sky.
If there was a god then he'd join us in laughing hysterically at these pitiful godbots who compulsively pray to him and never get a response.
Now would a god who is worthy of worship not expect his creations to operate to their fullest potential? To use all of their faculties to explore and examine the immensity of his creation using critical thinking and enquiry to get closer to their creator even if they; in all honesty could not believe he existed based upon his obvious and intended absence from the plain of existence they inhabit?

or would he expect them to be no better than bronze age goat herders eschewing every scientific discovery with a lie on their lips and making endless excuses and apologies to make up for their gods intended absence?

...Personally, I'm with Bertrand Russell on this particular point. LOL

Ashford, UK

#638717 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The first sentence was true. The rest was just more bullshit.
please expand and extrapolate upon your remark...we can always use a giggle.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#638718 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
And you can't prove me wrong, can you?
<quoted text>
Why do you call that sad?
<quoted text>
It sounds like you believe there is life on other planets, is that right?
I believe there is a real possibility that there is life out there. However I don't believe they are visiting us in flying saucers. Unless someone invents a warp drive or something I doubt we'll ever see them

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#638719 Jul 9, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absurd to be honest. Kinda like me building a Lego tower without a base. it just won't stand up.
Do you understand how scientific theories work?

I apologize, but based on your comment above, I'm guessing no.

Some stable somewhere

#638720 Jul 9, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it really is...and evolutionists just keep building on it. I mean really, how do you claim we evolved from something and insist it's a foolproof theory but not have a dang clue what we evolved from? I just don't buy it.
We have an incredible phylogeny for hominin. The best out of almost all species, save perhaps certain bivalves.

Ashford, UK

#638721 Jul 9, 2013
COMEDYMOM wrote:
Why does it bother Non believer's that some people can be trusting and have FAITH ?
I don't share your faith like millions of others, keep it to yourself and keep it out of government and keep it out of the schools and everything will be copasetic.

When you shut up, we'll shut up.

Some stable somewhere

#638722 Jul 9, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it really is...and evolutionists just keep building on it. I mean really, how do you claim we evolved from something and insist it's a foolproof theory but not have a dang clue what we evolved from? I just don't buy it.
In fact, what I find amazing is that people like you feel that you can make authoritative proclamations about sciences that you quite clearly don't know the first bit about.

It's like the electrician comes to your place and you tell him "no, it's not the wiring. Could you check the paint?"

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638723 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
It has several meanings, true, but how does these words sound to you? "There was light and there was darkness, that was the first day"? How long, in any kind of context, is a period of light and darkness?
But that aside. Depending on your understanding of 'yom', how long did plants exist before the sun came into existence?
That depends on your location. Go up to the north pole and you get six month days. Go a few hundred miles above the North Pole, into space, and you have constant light, no darkness. That would be a very long "day".

Dunno. God provided some form of light to help those plants grow. There are more sources of light than just the sun....

As an avid pot smoker, you should be well aware that plants can grow without sunlight. If humans can do it, why do you assume God can't?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#638724 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a bit, in fact we know that meteor's carry the building blocks of life and their impacts assemble them into the compounds used in DNA. strange
Well...that's interesting. Not so much that we might find hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, or carbon on a meteor, but that their impacts can "assemble" them into same compounds found in DNA. I've read some of the articles on these studies...but none have enough evidence to prove such a theory...I'm doubting that's ever really gone fly, since conditions now aren't even close to what they assume they may have been billions of years ago for this to happen. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for significant proof on this theory...but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!:)

Some stable somewhere

#638725 Jul 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry scaritual I cut some of your post so I would have some room to reply
Great post scaritual. I love to hear other amateur Archaeologists stories.
I myself have more than a passing interest in the field. I live in the Southwest and for 20 or 25 years have explored and learned of the Anasazi who lived in the four corners area where Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico meet.
There are literally thousands of sites in about a 200 mile diameter area. We have some land in the area and we have found many sherds and some complete pieces.
There are places out there that will blow your mind. Mesa Verde, Chaco Canyon, Bandelier, Kayenta, Hovenweep, Canyon De Chelly, Monument Valley, etc.,the names roll off the tongue and creates unforgettable images in my mind of exploring these places. You can stand in some of the Cliff Dwellings or ruins and you can almost picture yourself back in time.
There is a place in New Mexico (dirt road) where you can very slowly drive your car along the road, open your door and look down and literally find thousands of pot-sherds.
My wife can make some uncanny reproductions of some of the ancient pieces, but she retired her pottery genius a few years ago due to arthritis.
Good Memories....
I love pottery! Just getting into it - very sorry to hear that your wife doesn't do it anymore, and in awe that she could replicate ancient artifacts!

Ashford, UK

#638726 Jul 9, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Chunky flunky, have you no self respect? Go crawl back under that rock you came from .
Bungle it's common knowledge that you are Spokey Dokey or whatever the hell you've been calling yourself for the past 5 minutes.

That ship has sailed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Pegasus 281,810
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 653,574
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 44 min lucky 29
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 48 min thetruth 9,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 50 min Bongo 63,257
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 51 min prbentley 102
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 54 min lucky 13
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Steve III 618,740
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web