Prove there's a god.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#638585 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh
****hypothetical**** gun, to make a joke.
So you keep protesting.

However you are known as a liar so we assume you are lying.

#638586 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
There is if it is the essence of your being. How else will you be alive and react to the environment?
But you do display a fair amount of disorder in your thinking, the reaction to those external excitations of atomic particles by those excitations of atomic particles within your assembled self.
Do you believe you are a magic being or something that transcends those "physical" "realities"?
Godmagic? No I don’t really think so

Nope, I know that I am the product of billions of years of dust randomly floating about the universe

#638587 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Everyday science isn't news because its everyday science.
Groundbreaking, revolutionary science makes the news.
Science disproving God would be world-changing & totally groundbreaking news.
Why would it be world changing? Science has understood this for years

#638588 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That's great!
Prove it.
<quoted text>
Uh.... No. YOU made the claim. "She is a scholar."
Prove it, liar.
You missed you first post out on the subject in which YOU you made the claim that you did not know of she was a scholar

Perhaps that was just a genuine error on you part but I think not

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638589 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura's link:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/150417-ast...
Did you bother to read it or check it's accuracy?
"These findings aren’t a slam dunk, though. According to our in-house biologist John Hewitt, there’s a strong possibility that the fossils aren’t actually biological in nature — they simply look biological.“This is kind of like finding a Q from Scrabble floating in space; it may be worth 10 points, but finding a few Es first would be a bit more convincing,” Hewitt says. There’s also the fact that the research was published in the Journal of Cosmology, a peer-reviewed journal that has come under critical scrutiny numerous times since it was established in 2009. The journal faced a lot of controversy when it published a paper by NASA engineer Richard Hoover claiming to have found fossils “similar to cyanobacteria” in meteorites.
With that said, the work presented in the Cardiff University research paper does seem to be rather professional."
Debunked.
But you still believe it.
You omitted the end of the paragraph like a good christian.

"With that said, the work presented in the Cardiff University research paper does seem to be rather professional. X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy are not really the kind of tools that you play around with. It would be rather hard to fake the imagery and results that were generated by Cardiff University — not impossible, but unlikely."

Debunked by whom? The second study reinforces the first.

If we have bacteria on earth which exist in arsenic and cyanide and actually have more DNA than humans, it isn't beyond the bounds of probability that life could remain dormant in space, the prion protein is pretty indestructible as are the extremophiles living in caustic lakes and around black smokers at 400 degrees under extremes of pressure deep beneath the sea.

We have evidence for this. god is nowhere to be found hence it is more plausable than any of the gods worshipped by the religious.

and yes I absolutely believe this..."religion is an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance"~ Neil deGrasse Tyson.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#638590 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All light is invisible
What you see is the interaction between light and the object
Haven't looked at the sun lately, hmmm? Moron.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638591 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Again this is not the first time fossil like life, has been found in meteorite. While it isn't conclusive, it is awfully suggestive
especially since they were two different types.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_Dwar...

http://messier.seds.org/more/sagdeg.html

Our solar system is in one of the intersections. It is not a single mass, but a stream orbiting.

A little more sensational link about it with animations and illustrations.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/44cosmic_wisdom/...

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638592 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Godmagic? No I don’t really think so
Nope, I know that I am the product of billions of years of dust randomly floating about the universe
Yeah, just some very generalized perception. Kind of like goddidit.

Show the circuitry that allows for order and your perceptions of reality or confess you are a dingaling.

Ashford, UK

#638593 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew word for day is 'yom'. It has several meanings depending on context.
In the context in Genesis,'yom' means an indeterminate amount of time.
I think Genesis resembles evolution because it demonstrates a gradual growth of all life on earth, unless you read it in a literal form as the Creationists do.
The context in genesis is

"5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

"8 And God called the firmament Heaven. 2 Pet. 3.5 And the evening and the morning were the second day."

"13 And the evening and the morning were the third day."

"19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day."

"23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day."

"31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."

The context is VERY clear, there is not one morning and evening every million years.

The word "Yom" obviouslyy means a 24 hour day as in "Yom Kippur"...'day of' or 'The day of..'

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#638594 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You omitted the end of the paragraph like a good christian.
"With that said, the work presented in the Cardiff University research paper does seem to be rather professional. X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy are not really the kind of tools that you play around with. It would be rather hard to fake the imagery and results that were generated by Cardiff University — not impossible, but unlikely."
Debunked by whom? The second study reinforces the first.
If we have bacteria on earth which exist in arsenic and cyanide and actually have more DNA than humans, it isn't beyond the bounds of probability that life could remain dormant in space, the prion protein is pretty indestructible as are the extremophiles living in caustic lakes and around black smokers at 400 degrees under extremes of pressure deep beneath the sea.
We have evidence for this. god is nowhere to be found hence it is more plausable than any of the gods worshipped by the religious.
and yes I absolutely believe this..."religion is an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance"~ Neil deGrasse Tyson.
RR's and others here in topix's constant denial is the death throes of the faiths that wont except where the evidence leads. This is exactly why the Catholics accepted evolution, they were at least smart enough to see they can't deny the microscope, and telescope.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#638595 Jul 9, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
I can't prove that God exists to you, but I believe that He does.

Ashford, UK

#638596 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> RR's and others here in topix's constant denial is the death throes of the faiths that wont except where the evidence leads. This is exactly why the Catholics accepted evolution, they were at least smart enough to see they can't deny the microscope, and telescope.
When Hawking met with John Paul II the pope said that no one should attempt to go back further than one full second after the big bang...

Little did he know...

'god' used to be all the things we didn't understand...he's been downsized.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638598 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say belief, I said more plausable...meteors do actually exist.
Yes,'meteors exist' is a fact, not a belief.

But 'life on earth came from meteors' is a belief, not a fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638599 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, technically it IS possible that a meteor/comet can bring simple life to earth, or at the very least, amino acids. No problem.
But that may be an attempt to evade the issue, methinks. Somehow or another, LIFE STARTED. If a meteor brought a single celled organism along, that single celled organism had to come from somewhere.
Now, I am no expert on this. But if I had to select a place where abiogenesis would take place, and I had to select between the earth, with its nice and cozy atmosphere, its modest temperature range and abundance of water, and some space rock, floating in the asteroid belt at -130C (or however cold it is there), I would choose earth to be far more likely
I agree.

I think that atheists try to get anything to make sense about the origins of life on earth. Anything except "Goddidit".

Even meteors....

Meteordidit

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638600 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the first time someone found fossil like evidence in meteorite, I didn't say it was for sure, but the organic matter that assembles into the building blocks of DNA on impact is confirmed. That my friend is direct evidence of how life started when it did.
The funny thing is the experiment was to find out if
if the organic matter could survive impact without burning up.
Not only does it survive, it combines into the same type building blocks DNA is made from. That was unexpected, and part the explanation why bacteria formed while the Earth was still molten,
we didn't think that was even possible, but found it did.
And now we know why.
If you read the article, you'd see that admit that they didn't test it, they can't test it.

So where are you getting this info from?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638601 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
This was before the experiment and the reason for it.
The experiment showed it's more likely than not.
What experiment? There was no experiment.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638602 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Again this is not the first time fossil like life, has been found in meteorite. While it isn't conclusive, it is awfully suggestive
especially since they were two different types.
I'll admit, it's very interesting - that life may be on meteors that are hitting earth. That's cool shit, it'd make an excellent sci-fi movie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638603 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it be world changing? Science has understood this for years
HA!

You atheists are as confused as we thiests. Y'all can't agree on anything. DF & Hiding say that science isn't in the business of proving or disproving gods, myths, legends, stories, tales, whatever.

But Koder says they have "understood it for years".

You're funny.

Ashford, UK

#638604 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,'meteors exist' is a fact, not a belief.
But 'life on earth came from meteors' is a belief, not a fact.
I didn't say I believed that life on earth came from meteors, I said it was more plausible than any of the gods worshipped by the religious being responsible.

Meteors exist, when gods are proven to exist they can be entered into the equation, until then they just 'aren't'.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638605 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
You missed you first post out on the subject in which YOU you made the claim that you did not know of she was a scholar
Yes, I made the claim that I don't know if she's a scholar. So? I don't. Neither do you, unless you kow her personally and have seen her credentials.
Perhaps that was just a genuine error on you part but I think not
No error on my part. But you still haven't provided ANY evidence of your claim that "she is a scholar".

Go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 56,056
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 45 min MUQ2 44,961
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr WaxBabydoll 423
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,068
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,331
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 650,325
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 1 hr WasteWater 23
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 hr Dr Banonator 37
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web