“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638180 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in fact there is evidence. DNA says there was never a time when our line of Homo-sapiens was down to 1 or 4 mating couples. And we know that the first humans/Homo-sapiens appeared around 200,000 years ago.
Those 2 facts say that the story, "as written in the Babble" is not true.
You've convinced yourself, I see.

But if you were speaking the truth, your supposed facts would be all over the mainstream media and scientific and religious networks.

Instead, it's only discussed here.

Imagine that.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#638181 Jul 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a sexless being. Not just by the fact that you are asexual, but overall. You are unfeminine, disgusting, butch, and masculinity-hating.
You are unable to admire a mans masculinity, even if you had a sex drive, nor are you able to feel proud about your femininity. You are a freak.
GAydazzlei s back!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638182 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitchens was a writer/author and he worked for various magazines here in the States. Fascinating man who died way to early.
A writer/author IS a scholar, yes?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#638183 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. I've considered them being metaphorical, too. There's nothing wrong with that.
Would evidence of Adam & Eve threaten your belief system (that they are myths)?
It would alter my belief system substantially. Given that I'm an atheist, I'd say that evidence that Adam and Eve existed - say we found Eden - would threaten my belief system, absolutely. But so what? I'd have to change. If my beliefs are incompatible with the universe, then I am no longer capable of producing accurate science - I'd have to search for different answers.

At the point where a creator-deity was discovered, I'd have to dramatically realign my non-created view of the universe and biology to a created one. Currently, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, so the reality of that would suggest the Creator is deceptive and enjoys scientists doing the wrong thing. Or that the Creator is not all-powerful and a trickster/liar deity co-exists with It.

That's sort of like me asking you "So, if the Mayan gods turned out to exist, and your deity was some kind of devil or something, would that change your belief system?"

The answer can only be "yes" followed by "uh, that would be awkward."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#638184 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See my response to Aura....
So you ask, I put the science up there, and I get some stupid answer that a fridge would decompose in 160k years.

Nevermind. If you want to stay ignorant, don't bother me.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Santorini Greece

#638185 Jul 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
What things about women attract you?
I need to question you, for the time being, about this matter.
Just about everything my friend.

I've been married 37 years going on 38...to a wonderful women.

I don't have your problem about gays/lesbian. After all if you believe in God....he made them too.

You need to chill
Rush

Columbus, NE

#638186 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So far everything you have posted on this thread is misogynistic trash.
You seem to have a fetish with lesbians, butch lesbians and girly men....are you secretly gay yourself??
I don't think it is much of a secret.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#638187 Jul 8, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess you aren't a soldier for the US
No, actually being a Canadian, I never had a hankerin' to be a soldier for the USA. For that matter I have not been a soldier for Canada either, though I have family members who are, or have been. When I was at the age when guys first decide to become soldiers, the war in Vietnam was on, and a lot of Canadians foolishly went to the USA and signed up. One guy who lived in my general area, though I didn't know him personally (a Native American actually) was killed fighting over there. My ex's uncle went to the USA and joined their army (I don't recall what wars he saw) and then settled there and worked as a cop until retirement.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638188 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong RR.
Much of the Christian Bible has been falsified, not just Adam and Eve.
Adam & Eve have never been falsified, that's just your opinion.

For every "source" you'd post to agree with you, I can counter with an equal "source".

Where's that leave us?

In belief.

At least I admit to it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#638189 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But Hitchens & Dawkins ARE peer reviewed scholars... But Hiding said they can't be trusted.
So believe the university educated only? Is that what you're saying? "trust the diploma mill guy more than the other guy".
Wouldn't you think that'd lead to a very, very biased attitude?
No. That's not what I said. Your religious mind sure warps my writing.

Hitchens is not a scientist. He is not peer reviewed. I wrote this. Apparently you missed it. I'm working with shorter sentences. And only one subject per sentence. Perhaps that will help your comprehension.

I wrote that scientists make mistakes. Outside their discipline. I never wrote they couldn't be trusted. That's you adding words to me. Please don't do that.

Trust the consensus of scientists within a single discipline. Or don't, if you have enough training or understanding. Oops, I broke the simple sentence rule.

Importantly, don't make stupid proclamations when you entirely lack knowledge.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#638190 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What, no old weather vanes or tractors or plows laying about from before then?
The farming evidence you are looking for was large scale to supply a permanent settlement. A nomadic tribe would just throw seeds around in similar dirt and moisture, expanding the growing area, and catch the harvest on the way back. This was important for meat eaters. They had to follow the game. The game gets scarce and they settle into a nice place, throw seeds around, and go hungry until ready to harvest. In the meantime they develop cultivation.
They weren't stupid people, but much of their present day descendants are.
You would have starved to death with your education.
You're right here, Dave. We have evidence that populations in North Africa were eating leavened bread as far back as 30 000 years ago.

Farming began in earnest in Papua New Guinea at least 40 000 years ago, potentially as far back as 60kya. Before Auz was settled, anyways. People have been farming in PNG for at least 40 000 years and were only interrupted when white people took WWII to their doorstep.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#638191 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>BZZZZZT!

Wrong again.

As a matter of fact, I'm awaiting a book from Amazon that Mac recommended. "We Need To Talk About Kelvin".

It cost me a penny, so it better be good!
Cool.

Get it?
LineDazzle

Hawarden, UK

#638192 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So far everything you have posted on this thread is misogynistic trash.
You seem to have a fetish with lesbians, butch lesbians and girly men....are you secretly gay yourself??
Butch lesbians and girly men are not real people, so there is no misogyny.

Feminine women are beautiful, butch ones are shit. And feminine men are hated by real women.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#638193 Jul 8, 2013
Delusional Dave Nelson wrote:
No one will believe you could be a real atheist.
A theist has been brainwashed to mindlessly adhere to a dogma based indoctrination system.

An anti-theist is opposed to all dogma based indoctrination systems.

Anti-theism is the ONLY rational and humane position to hold in regards to religious brainwashing.
LineDazzle

Hawarden, UK

#638194 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Just about everything my friend.
I've been married 37 years going on 38...to a wonderful women.
I don't have your problem about gays/lesbian. After all if you believe in God....he made them too.
You need to chill
Do you admire feminine women?
LineDazzle

Hawarden, UK

#638195 Jul 8, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is much of a secret.
PROVE I AM GAY!
BTW YOU ARE VERY EFFEMINATE RUSH! YOU ARE A PLAIN MAN!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#638196 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's a tough call...

[QUOTE] Is there any profession or trade that you consider to be error and accident free? "

Strippers.
I'll assume you're joking.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#638197 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Gotcha.
2. Yes I am.
3. Really?! A two second search found this:
http://www.superscholar.org/features/20-most-...
And there's plenty more.
That web page does not list any scholars who believe in Biblical Adam. The closest is a writer who wrote:

"Marilynne Robinson (b. 1943) is both a fiction and non-fiction writer. She is author of the novel Home, which won the Orange Prize (2009) and the Los Angeles Times Book Award. Her Gilead (Farrar, Strauss, and Giroux, 2004) won a Pulitzer Prize. She also wrote Housekeeping (FSG, 1980), as well as two books of nonfiction, Mother Country (FSG, 1989) and The Death of Adam."

The book discusses the failure of religion to make it into science.

The other guy - Francisco Ayala - a Christian evolutionary biologist "...urges lay people to embrace Darwinism and has called design “blasphemous.”"

Uhm...so, thanks for that monumental insight. I mean, bait and switch.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#638198 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you have southerners in Cali too right?
There is fat people everywhere, they are so fat up in NYC they banned big gulps, and they don't even say y'all.
A Damn Yankee told me he learned the best saying from southerners to express himself at people he didn't like and incorporated into his vocabulary , he proceeded to show me what it was, which takes a bit of body language to say it also.
He sorta leaned back flipped up his bird finger and said
"fuck y'all"
I understand, and I don't mean to profile.

I travel a lot though, and my experience is that the obesity problem is worst in the South, closely followed by the Midwest. Omaha stands out in my mind.

No offense, Aura.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#638199 Jul 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Been doing some reading, and it's funny how you have dodged the questions of the poster "Waaaz up"....
Why is that? I mean you ask questions, and they respect you enough to answer them. Why cant you do the same?
Looks like he/she has exposed you as knowing their is a God, but here you are trying to disprove God..
Funny..
How would one disprove God, when nobody can prove God? Kind of an impossibility, is it not?

I think the best that anyone can do is disprove some of the stories concerning "God" that believers believe are true, and there have been many of those stories that have been proved to be untrue. That does not, in any way, disprove God, but it kind of shakes up the knowledge base, from which those who believe learn about this entity, a bit.

Our current knowledge would indicate that likely there is no God, but I doubt we will ever prove that no god exists. Even if we could reach as far out to whatever or wherever that proof might be found, and not find any, it is always possible that there is more evidence far beyond human ability to find. Personally, based on the history of the Abrahamic God beliefs, and beliefs in other gods that man has believed in, I highly doubt that anyone will ever prove the existence of God (meaning the Abrahamic God).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min truth 603,604
Moses never existed 25 min truth 555
Dog Food Secrets 53 min Jack dog training 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr leyan sha 1,180
(Last Update) All grand theft auto cheats for P... 1 hr gta cheats 1
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 1 hr Jack Miller 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr arabian 5,425
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 554,868
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Catcher1 175,040