Prove there's a god.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#638654 Jul 9, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
I can't prove that God exists to you, but I believe that He does.
You mistake a delusion signifying mental illness for a belief. You should seek professional help immediately.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#638655 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
I think that atheists try to get anything to make sense about the origins of life on earth. Anything except "Goddidit".
Even meteors....
Meteordidit
Ok crypto show me any ....even slight physical evidence of your hypothesis of a creator .

And I will listen eyes wide open.

But you will have to look at the physical evidence, eyes wide open.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#638656 Jul 9, 2013
Pokay wrote:
I lean toward believing the feeling I have that I am separate from my body ... is real, however.
It's a real delusion. You're just as mentally ill as the typical godbot working at convincing themselves that they can communicate with their imaginary friend.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#638657 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the article, you'd see that admit that they didn't test it, they can't test it.
So where are you getting this info from?
The trace fossils can't be tested, but I told you and it indeed has been confirmed
about the building blocks. No We haven't been able to reproduce what happened , but we are getting closer and closer, eventually we will.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638658 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a real delusion. You're just as mentally ill as the typical godbot working at convincing themselves that they can communicate with their imaginary friend.
They keep telling me "it's not a religion, it's a personal relationship"....but not one of them can tell me the last time he sent them a birthday card or bought them a drink.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#638659 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that.
But why do atheists take the word of a non-professional, like Hitchens or Dawkins, as fact?
We don't. If Hitchens told me that dinosaurs evolved before fish, I would tell him he was full of shizzit. If he told me that Nelson Mandela was secretly running a secret war against whites in SA, I would tell him he was full of shizzit. If he told me that Messi is better than Ronaldo, I would tell him that is is full of shizzit.

He did not present a great many facts. It is his philosophy we buy into. In his view on the claims of theists. He is by no means a scientific source to anyone on here

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638660 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Ok crypto show me any ....even slight physical evidence of your hypothesis of a creator .
And I will listen eyes wide open.
But you will have to look at the physical evidence, eyes wide open.
God is not physical. God is Spirit.

Is this too hard for your little brain to grasp?

A meteor is physical.

Biological evidence on that meteor would be physical.

But you're arguing a meteor with biological evidence on it that's 4 billion years old.

How you gonna prove that existed?!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638661 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The trace fossils can't be tested, but I told you and it indeed has been confirmed
about the building blocks. No We haven't been able to reproduce what happened , but we are getting closer and closer, eventually we will.
You've become a fortune teller?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638662 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't. If Hitchens told me that dinosaurs evolved before fish, I would tell him he was full of shizzit. If he told me that Nelson Mandela was secretly running a secret war against whites in SA, I would tell him he was full of shizzit. If he told me that Messi is better than Ronaldo, I would tell him that is is full of shizzit.
He did not present a great many facts. It is his philosophy we buy into. In his view on the claims of theists. He is by no means a scientific source to anyone on here
But why then, when the charismatic Dawkins declares "there's probably no god", do atheists listen like he knows what he's talking about?

#638663 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew word for day is 'yom'. It has several meanings depending on context.
In the context in Genesis,'yom' means an indeterminate amount of time.
I think Genesis resembles evolution because it demonstrates a gradual growth of all life on earth, unless you read it in a literal form as the Creationists do.
It has several meanings, true, but how does these words sound to you? "There was light and there was darkness, that was the first day"? How long, in any kind of context, is a period of light and darkness?

But that aside. Depending on your understanding of 'yom', how long did plants exist before the sun came into existence?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638664 Jul 9, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is irrefutable scientific fact. Creationism isn't science. Grow up, kid!
http://www.huecotanks.com/debunk/
That's not a scientific paper, numnuts.

That's a journalist's article.

See, DF? This is what I mean by atheists seem to believe anything they hear or read that agrees with their belief that God doesn't exist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#638665 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A PhD...
That "works in the field"....
That spends countless hours on a little debate thread, arguing with a redneck....
Uh-huh, uh-huh.
Countless hours? I count less than 20 posts in about a week.

Furthermore, have you investigated any of the claims she had made, to judge for yourself just how much she knows?

But, I get your point. I told you to take the word of the scholar, and yes, HFY may be a thirteen year old boy from Venezuela, or a purple alien from Jupiter.

But, on the subject of anthropology, she is able to bring forth much more facts than anyone else on here. Facts which are verifiable. Facts that you can check up on

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638666 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But why then, when the charismatic Dawkins declares "there's probably no god", do atheists listen like he knows what he's talking about?
because we agree with him?

You know there'd still be atheists without Richard Dawkins?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#638667 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity has adapted quite well to new technologies and sciences over the years. I wouldn't say it was in its death throes.
However, atheistic systems die with every generation, and is replaced by religions until the next crop of idiots pop up.
Admit it you are, if you reject science then you are doomed.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#638668 Jul 9, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I asked you a question. Where is the answer? I asked how we can assume whether energy was always in existence or whether it came into existence just because of the fact that it exists right now?
And you further show your inability to understand simple facts like the fact that no one knows what consciousness really is. How can you say that we know what it is? That's an outright lie. We don't know if consciousness is more than we define it to be. Period. No one knows. Time you start thinking here, you're embarrassing yourself badly.
Please tell me how science "knows" it stems from what you say it stems from. My "assertion"? I am only asserting that no one knows. YOU are asserting that science knows what consciousness is and that it must have come into existence simply because we see it associated with life. That's absurd.

Oh we know what it is, you can pretend all you want that we don't.
But we have a grip on the neural correlates of consciousness.
You assert you do not know, but we already knew that.

#638669 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You're a Creationsis now?
You know yom also means a 12-hour period?
I don't know if this link will work, but he explains in logical terms that yom in Genesis CANNOT be interpreted as 24 hours.
www.godandscience.org/youngearth/genesis.html... ;
Again, you have an explanation of somebody's take on the Book of Genesis, referring to the Creation account. Whatever his, your, my, the RCC, the NSA, the YMCA, the USSWU, NAMBLA, NASA or anybody else's opinion is, in the Bible it is written as a measure of time the equivalent of an earth day - as explained by the 'evening and morning' bits.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#638670 Jul 9, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Ok so you couldn't do that. I can't do that either. How does that answer the question of whether energy came into existence? That doesn't prove that some form of self awareness can't exist after death, or otherwise separate from the body either.
No one has been able in a hundred years to show a positive result , under controlled conditions.
Feel free to experiment and show the result , careful to use the right control measures so your work isn't faked.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#638671 Jul 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall determine what is proof, son!
You cristards have tried that for thousands of years, with your Cryptostupidity.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Evolution is true.....

#638672 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not physical. God is Spirit.
Is this too hard for your little brain to grasp?
A meteor is physical.
Biological evidence on that meteor would be physical.
But you're arguing a meteor with biological evidence on it that's 4 billion years old.
How you gonna prove that existed?!
Most all of the meteors that fall to earth are 4+- billion years old. The meteors that fall to earth are from our solar system and our solar system began about 4+- billion years ago.

Debris from the formation of the planets and moons.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638673 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Admit it you are, if you reject science then you are doomed.
I will tell you a fact.

Theists have accepted science more than atheists.

For every atheist that accepts science, you will have 5 theists are more doing the same.

That is why science is here for atheists to try and hijack for their own, and more advancement has been made by theists in science than by atheists.

Topix atheists are too stupid to be real scientists because they don't understand that.

Let's get modern, though. You had a generation of atheism in the USSR. Which made the largest and most significant advancements in science in that time? Them or the still relatively theistic West? Throw China in there, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 685,658
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min MAGA_ITN 25,763
.........now that you're gone 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Narada contemporary violinist Doug Cameron: "Jo... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Nursing home..sandy hook 3 hr Peggyjones 1
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 20
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr ChromiuMan 6,446
More from around the web