Prove there's a god.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#638405 Jul 9, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my...don't hold your breath!
Why? Hypotheses are changed all the time. New evidence appear around every bend and turn. Why the negative attitude towards scientists?

#638406 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you know what they say..
Sometimes Muhammad must go to the mountain.
Tee hee. I was thinking of a rather good analogy. But being a gentleman, I will say nothing :)

#638407 Jul 9, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..So do they recreate the fossil and then cut into it? I mean, it seems pretty safe to assume that a mark on a bone millions of years old couldn't be identical to mark on a bone from a freshly killed cow. Wouldn't that fossilized bone have undergone some type of change over millions of years?
No, they use a suitable replica of the original bone.

A fossil is no longer a bone. It is mineralised

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#638408 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.viewzone.com/stantest22.html
http://www.viewzone.com/comanche.html
I'm not sure how much mainstream study has been done on this, but he claims to have found a universal alphabet from long, long ago. He has more stories about it. I live about 40 miles from the La Junta petroglyphs, but just don't have what it takes to make the hike. Would love to see them. This area has had human habitation for 12,000 years.
Yeah, I like the Pre European history of the U.S.

I've seen some pretty cool stuff in the places I've lived at across the states. When I was stationed at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, I used to climb extensively, here: http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/hueco/story...

I've by no means seen all of the petroglyphs/rock art there(it's incredibly covered), but I've seen lots during the years climbing Hueco.

Monsoons hit there and a couple times I've been on the rock and one would roll in(about a two week window when it happens in that area), and the "tanks" would be bone dry. By the time the monsoon had passed they'd be over flowing and you could crawl out from under the best overhang or pocket you could find and it was cool to see that happen. Gave you chills.

Back then it was a seldom visited state park and you could go and not see another person all day long, the parking lot would have just your vehicle in it. There was a herd of Mustangs that lived in the area, and there were a few times in the day that they'd be galloping across the desert and the sun was just right and the world was perfect. There were a few times the tracks in the dust in the parking lot looked like it only had my vehicle visiting, say over a weekend.

This is one view of it http://attractions.uptake.com/blog/files/2009... and I can't tell you how many times in total, or the approaches I used climbing that those faces, and the rest of the rock. Sometimes just friction climbing(only about 5 places it's really doable).

Now it's like this: http://www.huecotanks.com/ (scroll down a bit to see the tents) From what I gather it's a hugely popular place these days.

I don't think I'd like it now.

I've seen some similar places in Arizona, New Mexico and such. Never made it to Colorado. Closest I got was Canyon De Chelly.

I looked at those links you supplied and I'm not being obstinate, but the Hebrew character assertion require a huge conceptual leap.

Just sayin.

I couldn't find much info concerning any further research

Was still interesting. I bookmarked the other page you provided.
Peter

Perth, Australia

#638409 Jul 9, 2013
http://www.Creation.com
http://wwwgotquestions.org
300,000 answers to life's questions
Peter

Perth, Australia

#638410 Jul 9, 2013

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#638411 Jul 9, 2013
Peter wrote:
Frankie Sue where ya been, we thought you done went to heaven.

#638412 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What sciences predict that? Answer me and I'll quit saying it.
<quoted text>
It does, very slightly.
<quoted text>
They were ignorant of our current classification system. So what?
Genesis slightly resembles evolution?? By what twisted standards?

Did the plants exist before the sun? No

Were females created from the rib of a man? No

Did snakes talk? No

By what possible reasoning do you makr the statement you made just now?

#638413 Jul 9, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh this one never gets old.
"Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life"
Can we also say that "light comes from the darkness"?
Light comes from a light source. If you do not believe me, keep all your lights off at night and try to make a sammich in the kitchen.

Since: May 11

UK

#638414 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't so that. They were search and destroy. Chasing ghosts.
Guerrillas need a support network. If you want to defeat them you break that network. You don't confine your operations to seeking them out as assembled combat units for destruction. You flat out occupy the areas and if they give problems you destroy where they went home to. If they wish to stay together as a combat group, then you have a much better chance of nailing their asses.
You don't go in to rape, rob, and pillage. You go in, tell them this is the new reality, and you improve their infrastructure, giving them something to lose. Then you destroy it if the wilder asses can't be brought under control. They will tire of listening and supporting the wild asses.
Forced assimilation by providing the modern stuff, improving life, and then forcing them to police themselves to maintain such, which then brings them into the mainstream as that becomes their de facto way of life.. That is real nation building.
Oh I see, A "hearts and minds" campaign.

...weren't these the tactics the US employed in Vietnam?

You declared victory and bugged out of that one too I seem to remember.

Have your boots ever touched the ground in a theatre of war dave?...or are you getting your military strategy from the joint chiefs of Faux Noise; Beck, Hannity and 0'Reality?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#638415 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis slightly resembles evolution?? By what twisted standards?
Did the plants exist before the sun? No
Were females created from the rib of a man? No
Did snakes talk? No
By what possible reasoning do you makr the statement you made just now?
I just asked my Christian friend about the plants thing yesterday. She reckons the plants survived by the light of God.

Since: May 12

Accra, Ghana

#638416 Jul 9, 2013
Hehe nice a little bit more creative. i wish you luck my friend to follow your own opinion. Usually opinions are always wrong. By the way im not hurt, it increases my faith. May Allah guide you.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth hurts. An addiction can be difficult to overcome and religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice. If you're not man enough to leave your self-degrading cultist lifestyle on your own then you should seek professional help immediately, kid.
http://www.islam-watch.org/LeavingIslam/index...

#638417 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
Double Fine & Hiding say there's no such thing as a "first".
But you say there was.
Who to believe........
*shrugs*
Y'all can work it out.
Like I told you. Believe the scholar. Kitten is a smart lady, but she is not a scholar on the subject. Hiding's opinion should weigh more.

Same with me. If I make a statement regarding human evolution and Hiding makes a contradictory one, you can without any doubt dismiss my opinion as faulty.

UK

#638418 Jul 9, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If your country had just flattened the whole place, then the U.S. would be blatantly seen as a tyrant. You will lose allies like flies, and probably start WWIII. Your government is clever. They know how to bluff their allies that cause is oh so noble.
I'd say most of your soldiers are noble and courageous, but misguided. Their noble thoughts and intentions are wasted on your lobby-controlled government.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =akm3nYN8aG8XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I was stationed briefly at Incirlik in Turkey, it was an insertion point for NATO forces to enter the in the North of Iraq. This is also where NATO was policing the Northern no fly zone to protect the Kurds...

Incirlik is split down the middle...NATO on one side, Turkey on the other. The NATO aircraft were taking off to protect the Kurds on one side of the base and the Turks were taking off and bombing the Kurds on the other.

I never met anyone who could understand the logic of this on any level. Perhaps it was better for the Kurds to be killed by someone who was 'just not OUR enemy'.

Somehow the diplomats and bureaucrats were able to justify and compartmentalise these actions, I never met a soldier who could.

Of course the Turks were big buyers of defence equipment...

Afghanistan and Iraq were invaded because they were "a breeding ground for terrorists"(WMD/Regime Change/Democracy Export)...depending on who you listen to) but the action against Saudi Arabia which ACTUALLY bred the 9/11 hijackers and Mr Bin Laden was not to bomb it back to the stone age but to shower it and the princes of the house of Saud with favours money and platitudes for being 'a good friend' in the region.

...and of course there was the Al Yamama contracts with Saudi Arabia and BAe Systems which has been described as 'the biggest commercial contract by anyone anywhere at any time'...perhaps this was a factor...

When the will to wage war is strong one just has to look at the instigators of the conflict to see where the profits flow, Dick Cheney and his massive holdings of un-exercised stock options in Halliburton spring to mind.

#638419 Jul 9, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I just asked my Christian friend about the plants thing yesterday. She reckons the plants survived by the light of God.
Did you manage to keep a straight face?

#638421 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see, A "hearts and minds" campaign.
...weren't these the tactics the US employed in Vietnam?
You declared victory and bugged out of that one too I seem to remember.
Have your boots ever touched the ground in a theatre of war dave?...or are you getting your military strategy from the joint chiefs of Faux Noise; Beck, Hannity and 0'Reality?
Kudos on a successful Lions tour!

UK

#638422 Jul 9, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You should ask your Christian/Creationist friend....

If everything arrived on the planet as they are and have not changed...why is it that chickens possess the genetic material to grow teeth(inactive but they possess it all the same). It seems a little odd that a god who sticks everything here in its current unchanging form would imbue a chicken with the redundant capability to grow teeth.

UK

#638423 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos on a successful Lions tour!
Sadly I didn't watch it, but I have been regaled by stories told to me by the locals for whom rugby is a religion.

They were very tickled by the number of Welsh internationals on the squad and really wanted to serve it up to Australia.

I think there are some 80 year olds in the village who can die happy now.

#638424 Jul 9, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I just have my doubts about the dating the methods...a lot of assumptions must be made when dating that far back...But if I did bring up some creationists research that made valid points...would you be against arguing it? Or would that be to much to ask?
Yes, it would. Because you want technical details and you are asking it from lay persons. There is no onus on us to help you, we do, because we are generally nice.

If you really care about radiometric dating, why not read up some?

Here is what you do. Google "radiometric dating". Check out the Wiki article and how it is presented (a good start). Then, follow the links at the Wiki references. See who wrote the boiks and who are the experts.

Now, go to a museum or University, and try to speak to a Geologist. If you know one, all the better. At a university, you have to pay for his time. At a museum, probably not.

They would be able to answer any and all of your questions. But to copy and paste Creationist papers and ask us to refute it, puts a heavy workload on us (because face it, the technical details are not easy to find).

Or, even better, I can hook you up with not one, but two geologists here on Topix. One of them is a retired professor, have published a dissertation (thus holds a Ph.D), and have thirty years of experience in the field. You want to speak to anyone, he is the man you want to speak to

#638425 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I didn't watch it, but I have been regaled by stories told to me by the locals for whom rugby is a religion.
They were very tickled by the number of Welsh internationals on the squad and really wanted to serve it up to Australia.
I think there are some 80 year olds in the village who can die happy now.
Wales is going to be a force in World Rugby, and soon. During the nineties, our Boks humiliated them with massive scorelines (96-13 still stands out in memory). However, this changed gradually. At 2011 WC, we beat them by a solitary point!

The Welsh Dragon is back and let me tell you... The Southern Hemisphere sides are taking notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Student 40,844
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min truth 612,887
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min ChristineM 1,899
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Pegasus 272,398
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 min Halle Berry Sister 2,762
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min dollarsbill 6,336
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 min andet1987 6,287
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Tony17 599,312
More from around the web