Prove there's a god.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#638556 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Interaction covers a lot of territory.
True, you can't see the light itself, only its effects. It is thought the energy imparted to an object then causes that object to emit its own light which is what we "see". However, we can't see transmitted light, so it is the effect of that light on the circuitry in our bodies that we "see". Excitation of neurons, etc. "Feel" is also part of it, as in feeling the warmth of sunlight.
So we really don't "see" anything, we just sense it based upon how the sensors are designed and the input is decoded within the brain, which is actually just another transfer of this "light" energy via the neurons.
Interesting interaction of EM and "heat".
So you have this EM traveling rather fast, and in great variation as its effects get passed around the universe, yet it is done so that your circuitry can experience and maintain it for several orbits about the sun.
Surprisingly ordered for so much seemingly random action. Ripples of energy feeling ripples of energy for quite a while.
Yes that’s what I said, you cannot see light

What we see is - the reflected photon energy is converted to electrical energy by the eye which in turn is transmitted by neurones to the relevant part of the brain

http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...

Nothing ordered about it.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#638557 Jul 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I command you to ask the female posters whether they think I am gay ;) They will tell you I am far from it!
(Add a bit of rape + women, ahhh, beautiful)!
.. ever see a cat trying to cover up shit on a living room carpet ??..

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#638558 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Dosn't apply to those who have been deemed to be criminally insane. Brady is a psychopathic sadist, he will stay in Broadmoor until he dies the methods of determining his sentence are not within the remit of the Judiciary it is purely a medical asessment.
The likes of Bamber, Vinter and Moore are not insane, they have been deemed fit to stand trial. Now either our justice system is about rehabilitation and societal retraining or it is an instrument of revenge and retribution. It can't be both so the Ministry of Justice needs to come out and say what it is.
Are they saying that men of normal mind can never be rehabilitated? Are we saying once a (convicted)criminal always a criminal? Because if we are then there are something like one tenth of the population who are and ever shall be criminals.
One cannot serve in the metropolitan police if there is a conviction for dishonesty anywhere in your past...however it is somewhat more flexible where convictions for violence are concerned...one can never be rehabilitated for a crime against property but one can be rehabilitated for a crime against the person?
There's a journal article in here somewhere, maybe I'll start writing LOL.
Yes but his recent court appearance was to get his status changed, it failed thank goodness, had it not failed…

Multiple and sadistic killing are not the work of a normal mind.

As for the rest, there is a saying that I am sure you are aware of – the law is an ass

It has been built up piecemeal over hundreds of years, in some parts contradict other parts, come parts countermand other parts and some parts validate parts that other parts countermand and contradict

It is really any wonder that the average Joe is clueless and needs to place his trust and money in barristers? Who at least make the claim to understand it.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#638559 Jul 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some.
If you find a plant growing in the wild and it has been surviving for a while it is likely the conditions are OK for its growth all by its lonesome. Particularly if it drops seeds and they grow year after year, even if they get spread a bit. I think this is how forests, underbrush, grass, and a few other vegetative thingies have spread about the planet.
So you throw the seeds of a plant that survived an area in similar ground in the area. Good chance it will grow, too.
Some Indians of the American Southwest planted corn before they moved to another area for that part of the year and harvested it when they got back. References to that may be in one of those links I posted last night.
Speaking of cultivating and gardening, did I tell you about a cedar tree that used to be at Coral Castle? It had been there for quite a while before a hurricane took it out. About 25-30 foot tall, planted next to a rock wall that was about 8 foot high. The wall ran E-W, and the tree was in the middle of it. Normal budding and pruning below the top of the wall. Above the wall the branches grew only E-W. Looked like a big menorah. No buds or pruning marks.
Very cool. At my old house near Pretoria, I had Canary palms, banana trees, Azaleas, peach trees, all growing wildly. No fertiliser, all taking direct sun. Beauties. Sadly, I traded it for the concrete jungle in 2011.

Anyways. My point. Agriculture is not such an obvious activity to start doing. Hell, gardening is not such an easy thing to do. Even with murseries clse by, a whole host of products to use and expert advice available on the Net, sometimes plants just die. Sometimes, you were stupid, like planting that Fuschia just too close to your Azalea or Gardenia. Other times, for no apparent reason at all, they die.

Some people woild just chuck in a plant and go while it grows, others would pamper it with superphosphate and bonemeal, compost and organic fertiliser, and still the plant would die.

I am sure humankind learnt the connection between seeds and plantgrowth, but their knowledge about the plants themselves were lacking.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638560 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can laugh at a joke, I just don’t laugh at threats of christian violence made my sick in the head rednecks.
So your kids would think it funny that you got them in your sites, well that explains a lot about the way you raise them
Oh look daddy is pointing his gun at us, that is so funny.
Ugh

****hypothetical**** gun, to make a joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638561 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...more plausible than one of the myriads of gods out there.
I understand your belief.

#638562 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turns against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. Here I must stand."~ Dr Kurt Wise Ph.D.(Harvard), Director of the Truett-McConnell Creation Research Center.
I wouldn't buy a used car from that good christian scientist let alone take anything seriously which he had to say.
I have to ask. A Ph.D in what?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638563 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that’s what I said, you cannot see light
What we see is - the reflected photon energy is converted to electrical energy by the eye which in turn is transmitted by neurones to the relevant part of the brain
http://www.astro.cornell.edu/share/sharvari/w...
Nothing ordered about it.
LOL!

There is if it is the essence of your being. How else will you be alive and react to the environment?

But you do display a fair amount of disorder in your thinking, the reaction to those external excitations of atomic particles by those excitations of atomic particles within your assembled self.

Do you believe you are a magic being or something that transcends those "physical" "realities"?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638564 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://intellihub.com/2013/04/10/increasing-n...
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16215-m...
http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/news/2013/...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/...
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/150417-ast...
The more we look the more we find, sorry if it ruins your day.
But there not only is evidence , there's lots of evidence, and more of it's coming everyday.
Those aren't evidence that a meteor originally seeded life on earth.

Here's the 1st one:

In 2010, Duane P. Snyder announced the discovery of the first and only known Ice Meteorite containing Extraterrestrial Life-forms.
The results, photos and reports where then posted on Snyder’s website snydericyrite.com .

If you read the site, you'll see they can't even test it yet, but they've already made the alien proclamation....

Read it.

http://snydericyrite.com/info.html

#638565 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh
****hypothetical**** gun, to make a joke.
Never point a gun to anyone you do not want to shoot. Not even a hypothetical one

Tee hee

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#638566 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cool. At my old house near Pretoria, I had Canary palms, banana trees, Azaleas, peach trees, all growing wildly. No fertiliser, all taking direct sun. Beauties. Sadly, I traded it for the concrete jungle in 2011.
Anyways. My point. Agriculture is not such an obvious activity to start doing. Hell, gardening is not such an easy thing to do. Even with murseries clse by, a whole host of products to use and expert advice available on the Net, sometimes plants just die. Sometimes, you were stupid, like planting that Fuschia just too close to your Azalea or Gardenia. Other times, for no apparent reason at all, they die.
Some people woild just chuck in a plant and go while it grows, others would pamper it with superphosphate and bonemeal, compost and organic fertiliser, and still the plant would die.
I am sure humankind learnt the connection between seeds and plantgrowth, but their knowledge about the plants themselves were lacking.
Ever hear of root women? The ones that know all about plants, herbs, etc. They go back to the earliest of mankind. Observation and experimentation. Chemistry. Cooking is chemistry. They didn't need to write it in a book and publish it, and get it peer reviewed. They just learned it and used it to survive. I am sure the sense of taste was important in their studies.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638567 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
"Exactly how and when organic molecules appeared in abundance on the young Earth, leading to the origin of life about 4 billion years ago, has been unclear. But new research suggests that meteor impacts could have created amino acids, the building blocks of life."

"Could have" is not evidence.

I think you see where I'm going with this......

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#638568 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but his recent court appearance was to get his status changed, it failed thank goodness, had it not failed…
Multiple and sadistic killing are not the work of a normal mind.
As for the rest, there is a saying that I am sure you are aware of – the law is an ass
It has been built up piecemeal over hundreds of years, in some parts contradict other parts, come parts countermand other parts and some parts validate parts that other parts countermand and contradict
It is really any wonder that the average Joe is clueless and needs to place his trust and money in barristers? Who at least make the claim to understand it.
The law degree is a research degree, one does not 'know the law' after completing an LL.B., one simply knows where to look, the Bachelor of Law then completes a BVC(as it was when I did it) it's a BPTC now, and if he's lucky or has the time he gets an LL.M. in Legal Professional Practice(£2000 extra and five 5000 word dissertations), this tells him how the law works, how the court system works, how to conduct himself in court because this is where he will live. Then he is called to the Bar.

If he's good enough he gets a 12 month pupilage where he works minor cases and upon completion he is qualified and can practice.

...as far as understanding the Law... you may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638569 Jul 9, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"religion is an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance"~ Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Aura's link:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/150417-ast...

Did you bother to read it or check it's accuracy?

"These findings aren’t a slam dunk, though. According to our in-house biologist John Hewitt, there’s a strong possibility that the fossils aren’t actually biological in nature — they simply look biological.“This is kind of like finding a Q from Scrabble floating in space; it may be worth 10 points, but finding a few Es first would be a bit more convincing,” Hewitt says. There’s also the fact that the research was published in the Journal of Cosmology, a peer-reviewed journal that has come under critical scrutiny numerous times since it was established in 2009. The journal faced a lot of controversy when it published a paper by NASA engineer Richard Hoover claiming to have found fossils “similar to cyanobacteria” in meteorites.

With that said, the work presented in the Cardiff University research paper does seem to be rather professional."

Debunked.

But you still believe it.

Ashford, UK

#638570 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to ask. A Ph.D in what?
Oh he's a real Ph.D. in Geology...but truth escapes him when it conflicts with his dogma.

Ashford, UK

#638571 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say belief, I said more plausable...meteors do actually exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638572 Jul 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well for starters, you don't know shit about evolution, and what you have learned you reject every damn day.
We can tell she has studied it, and knows a great deal.
It has nothing to do with debate, it has to do with facts.
She isn't a great debater, but can supply a mountain of evolutionary facts.
"You just don't understand."

Shit, I haven't heard that in a few days, I was wondering what y'all were waiting for.

I do understand plenty about evolution. Not as much as Hiding, to be sure.

But to say she's a scientist because she knows more about evolution than I is ridiculous.

#638573 Jul 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, technically it IS possible that a meteor/comet can bring simple life to earth, or at the very least, amino acids. No problem.

But that may be an attempt to evade the issue, methinks. Somehow or another, LIFE STARTED. If a meteor brought a single celled organism along, that single celled organism had to come from somewhere.

Now, I am no expert on this. But if I had to select a place where abiogenesis would take place, and I had to select between the earth, with its nice and cozy atmosphere, its modest temperature range and abundance of water, and some space rock, floating in the asteroid belt at -130C (or however cold it is there), I would choose earth to be far more likely

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638574 Jul 9, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We would take his word as far as it goes about interpretation of texts, etc. But as for demonstrating the deity? As for contacting the deity? Not gonna fly
I get that.

But why do atheists take the word of a non-professional, like Hitchens or Dawkins, as fact?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#638575 Jul 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has created synthetic life, not news. Science has discovered the missing particle, not news. Science has provided a mathematics that will combine atomic and quantum calculations, not news. Which incidentally allows mathematicians and scientist to work at levels involving black holes, singularities and the big bang, not news. Which incidentally allows scientists to now state that although they don’t know precisely what happened (there are at least 27 valid and justifiable theories) one thing is certain, no god did it, not news.
Why is this not news? Because it is just everyday science, science is not there to disprove a god, that is just a coincidental result of the science.
However as far as deities are concerned the energy mass equivalence formula disproves any “omnipotent” god as claimed in revelation 19:6, nothing more, nothing less. It does not disprove Zeus or Thor or the flying spaghetti monster or Ra or any of the other close on 2500 deities who do not claim omnipotence.
You are missing the big picture…
Sure. Everyday science isn't news because its everyday science.

Groundbreaking, revolutionary science makes the news.

Science disproving God would be world-changing & totally groundbreaking news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 665,471
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 9 min Peter Ross 625
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min Seentheotherside 45,847
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min Ricky F 184,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 284,623
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 46 min guest 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 50 min Clearwater 619,143
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr truth 88,379
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web