Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

[QUOTE who='Aura Mytha"]When the hospitals finish their NDE study and they find people actually saw the hidden picture, I will believe consciousness may exist outside the body. I don't think it does, for one I tried astral projection.[/QUOTE]Interesting that you would find that compelling. I don't have too much faith in studies like that because there are no concrete reference points. I hope they figure something out but I'm not holding my breath. Like you would believe a study like that if they tried to claim consciousness can exist separate from the body. You? Ha! I wouldn't believe it myself, why would you? Sounds like I'm more atheist than you. Me? Ha!
I succeeded and thought I had done it, but what I saw out of body was completely wrong. Which led me to think it is hallucination.
It seemed real but it wasn't, it couldn't have been because what I saw was wrong. But I'm still going to read what the hospitals determine in the study with the hidden picture only a out of body person could see.
I love how you are so sure of things you can't be sure of at all. What you experienced "out of body" was wrong? How do you know? I had quite a number of OBEs myself and have spent time exploring my own consciousness through meditation, and guess what? I'd like to think that what I experience is real. I'd like to think the fact that I feel separate from my body is real. But how can I know for sure? I can't. See I'm not making claims to fact.*You* are the one doing that.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't believe that *your* belief in biology is accurate.
What about biology do you find inaccurate??

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God Canadians can never become superpowers or influence the world much.
Their only export seems to be sanctimoniousness.
We exported that all to the USA a long time ago.:)

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Let me try that again, sorry.
Aura Mytha wrote:
When the hospitals finish their NDE study and they find people actually saw the hidden picture, I will believe consciousness may exist outside the body. I don't think it does, for one I tried astral projection.
Interesting that you would find that compelling. I don't have too much faith in studies like that because there are no concrete reference points. I hope they figure something out but I'm not holding my breath. Like you would believe a study like that if they tried to claim consciousness can exist separate from the body. You? Ha! I wouldn't believe it myself, why would you? Sounds like I'm more atheist than you. Me? Ha!
I succeeded and thought I had done it, but what I saw out of body was completely wrong. Which led me to think it is hallucination.
It seemed real but it wasn't, it couldn't have been because what I saw was wrong. But I'm still going to read what the hospitals determine in the study with the hidden picture only a out of body person could see.
I love how you are so sure of things you can't be sure of at all. What you experienced "out of body" was wrong? How do you know?

I had quite a number of OBEs myself and have spent time exploring my own consciousness through meditation, and guess what? I'd like to think that what I experience is real. I'd like to think the fact that I feel separate from my body is real. But how can I know for sure? I can't. See I'm not making claims to fact.*You* are the one doing that.

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the "history" lesson but all that is pure speculation.
I'll remain skeptical.
So tell me RR, do you believe God started humanity sometime recently, or just started the process four and a half billion years ago and walked away??

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'alls belief that we know so much.

I think we don't know FAR more than we do know.

But y'all go on and on and on with your beliefs like they're facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it doesn't matter that the United Kingdom, later joined by Russia, France, Australia, Canada, Poland, Germany and many other western allies sent their troops to fight against the Taliban as well....only the US is responsible for the deaths of innocent people??? Suppose the fact that 75% to 80 % of the civilian deaths were largely due to car bombers, suicide bombers and IEDs, all which came from their own Taliban insurgents doesn't matter either?? That's Hogwash. Clearly, TT, has a beef with America...and that's fine...but terrosist attacks by the Taliban have been reported in multuple other coutries and be rest assured, regardless of who holds the most weight, the US isn't the only country who wants to see the Taliban completely dismantled.
I despise the terrorist bombers, or at least their leaders, because the ones who actually kill themselves are so badly brainwashed that one could hardly considered they make well thought out decisions.

However, on the other side, once the USA goes to war, any soldier who goes with them essentially becomes a brain-washed pawn too, because they obey orders or are court-martialed, and I would guess that 98% of the foot soldiers don't really have a clue about what the war is about anyway.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
We exported that all to the USA a long time ago.:)
Then what are you, boooots, the mould they kept to stamp out more?

God help us.

It is rather ironic that your moralizing and sermonizing is a direct product of your religious training and experience you have told us about. Does it bother you that you are copy of those you rail against now? You just did away with the God and put yourself in that slot.

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'alls belief that we know so much.
I think we don't know FAR more than we do know.
But y'all go on and on and on with your beliefs like they're facts.
Is there any specific thing or things you believe wrong, or is this just an 'in general' disbelief because some part of biology has contradicted your religious beliefs??

Have you ever studied biology at all, or looked into that part that you are in disagreement with??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that as if the soldiers just went over there and non-chalantly shot down innocent people all because the president said "god is with you". The soldiers who have been and are still there, come back absolutely mentally tortured as a result of what they've seen or had to do. But they enlisted in the armed forces to keep our countries safe. You want a Taliban made nuclear bomb pointing toward your country with the finger of a terrorist who was brainwashed to kill laying on the button to set it off? Oh...I bet you'd go to war to save a frictkin tree though...What is wrong with you people? Have you no clue what is going on in the world?
Actually, other than in times of forced enlistment, such as the Vietnam War, most of the young guys that go into the military do it for a job, excitement, travel, and a pay cheque. Also young kids think they are invincible. I saw a couple days ago that the USA lost more military men in Afghanistan in 2012 to suicide than to combat deaths.

Can you explain to me how the USA and the other countries that followed it, because they really had not a lot of say, attacking Iraq and Afghanistan stopped the possibility of a terrorist pushing the button on a nuclear bomb? Other than there has not been any successful large scale attacks such as 911 against the USA landmass, I would think that the terrorists are still very plentiful, and likely more determined now than before 911. The USA has not won friends in the countries that they have attacked, and they also have turned a lot of others against them, at least in opinion.

What exactly were the results of those wars, other than a couple high level creeps were assassinated, and two countries were literally demolished (which of course makes lots of jobs and money for Americans when it is time to rebuild)? What about the destroyed lives of the families in America who had kids killed or permanently maimed, or mentally damaged due to being over there? If you have a handful of people in the USA killed by two brain-washed brothers, at a Marathon, you spare no expense in finding the culprits and then running a fine toothed comb through every last detail, but you send hundreds of thousands of troops to a foreign country, and thousands don't considered acceptable.

At one time too, Canada had the highest fatality rate in Afghanistan of all troops there. Not number of fatalities but the percent of men they sent there that were killed. That wasn't due to their lack of ability either, but more likely to the amount of involvement they were in.

Strangely, we were visiting with an acquaintance here near us a couple days ago, who we met recently, who was telling us of her son spending several months in Afghanistan, and of how he and some of his army buddies were in their home celebrating their son's wedding before being deployed, and two of those buddies died in Afghanistan.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter where it is observed when you have no clue what it truly is? Energy is associated with everything in existence; does that mean it came into existence or does it mean it always was in existence? I'm asking you because you seem to know things that science cannot even know.
But I do know what it is, it is you who is claiming it's some big mystery. How it is IS a mystery, what it is, IS NOT.
It is also YOU claiming science does not know, sure it doesn't know everything, but it knows it stems from chemical and electrical reactions in the brain. There is no evidence it exists before life
outside of life, or in the inanimate. However we may be able to create it outside the body eventually.

Your assertion is no different than me saying
"I could be a direct descendant of Jesus Christ"
You can't prove I'm not, you can't find any evidence of it.
Science cannot know If I'm the descendant of Jesus Christ.
Therefore I am the descendant of Jesus Christ!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a disease.
Chickenshits that proclaim a great morality while they are nothing but pseudo-intellectuals ducking the responsibilities of the group that supports them. They do their patriotic duty by telling everyone else they are moral failures. Parasites, pure and simple. I learned to hate them after watching them in the Vietnam era.
Their bullshit has caused a lot of American lives to be lost. Soldiers aren't sent to fight a war, they are sent to be sensitive policemen and social workers. And they get killed and overstressed because of the sensitivities of those parasites.
I really have the lowest regard for them.
My brother's son is in a force now that very likely could end up in Afghanistan. My wife's best friend's son spent his time over there. My brother-in-law from my first marriage, who since left the army for a civilian position, was the chief commander of all forces in one of the countries, that was a major disaster in the past 20 years (prior to 911).

My son was getting close to military age at the time of the first Gulf War, but he would never have gone there, because if that possibility arose, he would have had up to 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms which would have rendered him unsuited to fight. I exaggerate a little to make my point, because I would never physically do that to my son, but I would have somehow prevented him from going overseas.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting that you would find that compelling. I don't have too much faith in studies like that because there are no concrete reference points. I hope they figure something out but I'm not holding my breath. Like you would believe a study like that if they tried to claim consciousness can exist separate from the body. You? Ha! I wouldn't believe it myself, why would you? Sounds like I'm more atheist than you. Me? Ha!
<quoted text>I love how you are so sure of things you can't be sure of at all. What you experienced "out of body" was wrong? How do you know? I had quite a number of OBEs myself and have spent time exploring my own consciousness through meditation, and guess what? I'd like to think that what I experience is real. I'd like to think the fact that I feel separate from my body is real. But how can I know for sure? I can't. See I'm not making claims to fact.*You* are the one doing that.
I wasn't alone , I tested it . This is the thing science does is test it.
The person was in another room. I told them what I saw them doing.
It was false, it's hallucination, the doctor in the study said it is hallucination, another poster said it is hallucination.
I have to guess it's drum roll......hallucination.

Don't believe me? You do the test maybe you can get a positive result.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I despise the terrorist bombers, or at least their leaders, because the ones who actually kill themselves are so badly brainwashed that one could hardly considered they make well thought out decisions.
However, on the other side, once the USA goes to war, any soldier who goes with them essentially becomes a brain-washed pawn too, because they obey orders or are court-martialed, and I would guess that 98% of the foot soldiers don't really have a clue about what the war is about anyway.
I would guess you aren't a soldier for the US

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Been doing some reading, and it's funny how you have dodged the questions of the poster "Waaaz up"....

Why is that? I mean you ask questions, and they respect you enough to answer them. Why cant you do the same?

Looks like he/she has exposed you as knowing their is a God, but here you are trying to disprove God..

Funny..
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
I had quite a number of OBEs myself and have spent time exploring my own consciousness through meditation, and guess what? I'd like to think that what I experience is real. I'd like to think the fact that I feel separate from my body is real. But how can I know for sure? I can't. See I'm not making claims to fact.*You* are the one doing that.
No, you haven't! A team of doctors in Switzerland have stimulated one brain region to trigger an outofbody experience. You can accomplish this phenomenon through meditation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-138...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-138...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> But I do know what it is, it is you who is claiming it's some big mystery. How it is IS a mystery, what it is, IS NOT.
It is also YOU claiming science does not know, sure it doesn't know everything, but it knows it stems from chemical and electrical reactions in the brain. There is no evidence it exists before life
outside of life, or in the inanimate. However we may be able to create it outside the body eventually.
Your assertion is no different than me saying
"I could be a direct descendant of Jesus Christ"
You can't prove I'm not, you can't find any evidence of it.
Science cannot know If I'm the descendant of Jesus Christ.
Therefore I am the descendant of Jesus Christ!
Science is a tool, nothing more. Science can only study the "already existing" laws that make up this universe. Science cannot make or creat any laws. Therefore, something is "greater" than Science and the men/women of it..

Get over yourself, AM....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother's son is in a force now that very likely could end up in Afghanistan. My wife's best friend's son spent his time over there. My brother-in-law from my first marriage, who since left the army for a civilian position, was the chief commander of all forces in one of the countries, that was a major disaster in the past 20 years (prior to 911).
My son was getting close to military age at the time of the first Gulf War, but he would never have gone there, because if that possibility arose, he would have had up to 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms which would have rendered him unsuited to fight. I exaggerate a little to make my point, because I would never physically do that to my son, but I would have somehow prevented him from going overseas.
That is supposed to be justification for your false morality hindering their war fighting ability and endangering their lives even more?

You kill your fucking enemies. They will kill your children, friends, and relatives.

You are violating your laws of evolution with your self delusion.

As it is, Canada has plenty of those jihadists burrowed within your society now. Those people are tribal oriented. Those tribes have long reaches and very strong influence. They don't share your values. You are sitting on a ticking bomb.
Myth Buster

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
Science is a tool, nothing more. Science can only study the "already existing" laws that make up this universe. Science cannot make or creat any laws. Therefore, something is "greater" than Science and the men/women of it.. Get over yourself, AM....
Your imaginary friend didn't create scientific laws or anything else. Therefore, you're going to die and your imaginary friend isn't going to be rewarding you for wasted life of ignorance with eternal salvation. Get over it, kid!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imaginary friend didn't create scientific laws or anything else. Therefore, you're going to die and your imaginary friend isn't going to be rewarding you for wasted life of ignorance with eternal salvation. Get over it, kid!
And do you have evidence that prove that? Of course not, so again their is "something" greater then Science, and the majority of the World believe this..

The head in sand pose may temporarily hide danger from the ostrich, but the hungry lion has no misconceptions about the truly dire nature of that bird's predicament.

The ostrich, being you.. And the Lion being Satan.

He is like a mighty roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 605,601 - 605,620 of680,323
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

627 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 512,199
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 7 min Ricky F 23,829
body to body massage abu-dhabi.massage at abu d... (May '13) 9 min kareen 37
Which Group Needs To Be Deported? 10 min Johnny 119
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Go Le Gay Levi GO 109,630
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Catcher1 217,056
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,571
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 27 min ryanm654321 258
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••