Prove there's a god.
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#638344 Jul 8, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
See that right there is what gets me most...."Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life." I might not be a genius, but that just blows my mind. I mean all the scientific studies on evolution base it on the one notion that all life came from non-life and then evolved...yet not once in history, not in or out of a lab, not from ancient rocks or fossils, not from anything, have we observed this. Why not look for other possibilities?
Incredible claim isn't it?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#638345 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution does not address the beginning of life. Just what happens after its already going.
That's absurd to be honest. Kinda like me building a Lego tower without a base. it just won't stand up.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#638346 Jul 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi who:
Yes, the world is based on literal evidence. However, this is where the HUGE difference is, the word of God and the Bible is based on a spiritual book this is why one must be born spiritually to truly understand the word of God. I understand it is impossible to figure this out in our own intellect this is why God must step in to give one spiritual life and that can only happen if God saves one by His word and His Spirit. A good place to start is by reading the word. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Wow,, Garrry,, how and the world are you still here? And how is your brother Dave doing??/lol

I would have thought you left the country, along with date setter Harold Camping?

How is the old coot?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#638347 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's probably best if you look up the word speculation. You're confusing it with "ways of knowing, using the tools of archaeology, that I do not possess."
hahaaa...

That happens with RiversideRedneck concerniing many terms and subjects.

Location hidden

#638348 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans 160,000 years ago were hunter-gatherers" is speculation.
No?
No.

“I speak my mind”

#638349 Jul 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it really is...and evolutionists just keep building on it. I mean really, how do you claim we evolved from something and insist it's a foolproof theory but not have a dang clue what we evolved from? I just don't buy it.

Location hidden

#638350 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a scratch on a fossilized bone and X must've caused it.
I know they're performing very difficult research, but they HAVE to employ some sort of assumption and speculation to get their 'answers'.
There are differences between a 'scratch on a fossilized bone' and multiple incised marks, characterized by regular grooves known to be caused by lithic tools, consistent with evidences seen with numerous other cultures that employ stone implements in preparing or butchering animals.

Are you also aware, that scientists have taken stone implements/tools, and conducted experiments with animal bones and made marks on them(even to the point of using those stone tools to actually remove meat from the bone in a butchering process), then looked at the results and the result, in comparison, is identical? Not just once but hundreds upon hundreds of times.

It even goes into the detail of them knowing the type of marks made by different stone types.

Look at it this way, it's a type of archaeological forensic investigation. They've been doing it for over one hundred(100+) years, and the databases and sciences used only improves.

The methods used and conclusions drawn go far beyond "guesses", and speculation.

Location hidden

#638351 Jul 8, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Kent Hovind is the worst of a bad lot. Trust me, the giant humans are coming. That and a story about how he schooled a Berkley professor on tje Big Bang, while sitting next to him on an airplane.
Here are his credentials: He has a Ph.D from Patriot University, a known diploma mill. They are not accredited, therefore not accepted in academic circles. Currently serving time for tax evasion.
Google his name, plenty of refutations to his claims exist.
Btw, Patriot University - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

That's the entire, "campus".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Bible_Un...
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#638352 Jul 8, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
...that didn't come from an apologist website...
It was disingenuous bullshit, kid.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#638353 Jul 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I see more artistic examples in the Woodland era, but there are earlier examples, and further beyond into the Archaic I see less. I attribute that to age and the elements erasing the art. But I have some points that are flaked fine enough(the skill is beyond mind boggling at times) that have artistic representations flaked >into< the piece itself that date to the Archaic by typology.
I dunno, overall, it seems like there are periods where there was nothing but strict utilitarian pieces and then you'll find pieces of just a slight difference in style that evidence it again.
Almost as if they went through "spiritual" highs and lows within a short span(100-300-500 years?) Maybe that reflects conflicts, drought, famines, bounty, IE: good times/bad times.
The North American cultures varied quite a bit, especially in this region. Say for instance, while the Mound builders in the Mississippi River Valley were in full effect, you see mounds here, but no where near as grandiose, and instead of major centers, here they appear to be places that were gathering areas at certain times, with the people living scattered around in pockets. So they were influenced by Mound builders, but still had a unique culture unto themselves.
I suspect that's due to the mountainous nature of this region. Different game, foodstuffs and more seasonal pressures, you know what I mean(I could drone/babble on for days about it).
You know, when I was a kid, about 10 or 12, my Grandfather used to take us way back in the mountains and one place we went, had a massive pure white vitreous Quartz boulder(about the size of a kiddie pool) and it was flaked and worked all over the exposed surface. I had found a few arrowheads before that, but on that day I found pocketfuls, laying literally everywhere I looked. I was pretty hooked from that time forward.
That place is now under 400 ft of water and behind a reservoir fed by the Coosawattee River that creates a 3200 acre lake.
But there are - lots - of other places left.
<quoted text>

Anyway, like I said before, over the years as I've found artifacts and in identifying them, read a lot, researched a lot, compared what I've seen or found against what archaeologists have observed and identified/verified and became pretty versed - in how and what I specifically do. I sorta have an advantage due to my Grandfather and his lineage and ties to the area, and what was passed down to him by his family from around the Turtletown area, we've discussed that before, so I have a light insight concerning what to look for in many respects.

hahaaa...
I'm no archaeologist.
Just a regular guy.
I'm sorry scaritual I cut some of your post so I would have some room to reply

Great post scaritual. I love to hear other amateur Archaeologists stories.

I myself have more than a passing interest in the field. I live in the Southwest and for 20 or 25 years have explored and learned of the Anasazi who lived in the four corners area where Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico meet.

There are literally thousands of sites in about a 200 mile diameter area. We have some land in the area and we have found many sherds and some complete pieces.

There are places out there that will blow your mind. Mesa Verde, Chaco Canyon, Bandelier, Kayenta, Hovenweep, Canyon De Chelly, Monument Valley, etc.,the names roll off the tongue and creates unforgettable images in my mind of exploring these places. You can stand in some of the Cliff Dwellings or ruins and you can almost picture yourself back in time.

There is a place in New Mexico (dirt road) where you can very slowly drive your car along the road, open your door and look down and literally find thousands of pot-sherds.

My wife can make some uncanny reproductions of some of the ancient pieces, but she retired her pottery genius a few years ago due to arthritis.

Good Memories....
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#638354 Jul 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
Actually, it's common sense to all rational people. An extraordinary claim is crediting an invisible spaceman with the creation of the universe and life on earth when no evidence for this spaceman or his design has ever been observed. Grow up, fool!

“I speak my mind”

#638355 Jul 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
There are differences between a 'scratch on a fossilized bone' and multiple incised marks, characterized by regular grooves known to be caused by lithic tools, consistent with evidences seen with numerous other cultures that employ stone implements in preparing or butchering animals.
Are you also aware, that scientists have taken stone implements/tools, and conducted experiments with animal bones and made marks on them(even to the point of using those stone tools to actually remove meat from the bone in a butchering process), then looked at the results and the result, in comparison, is identical? Not just once but hundreds upon hundreds of times.
It even goes into the detail of them knowing the type of marks made by different stone types.
Look at it this way, it's a type of archaeological forensic investigation. They've been doing it for over one hundred(100+) years, and the databases and sciences used only improves.
The methods used and conclusions drawn go far beyond "guesses", and speculation.
Wow..So do they recreate the fossil and then cut into it? I mean, it seems pretty safe to assume that a mark on a bone millions of years old couldn't be identical to mark on a bone from a freshly killed cow. Wouldn't that fossilized bone have undergone some type of change over millions of years?
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#638356 Jul 8, 2013
That's absurd to be honest. Kinda like me building a Lego tower without a base. it just won't stand up.
Mo, it's not absurd. You're totally humiliating yourself on an international forum with your willful ignorance of science.

Darwin hypothesized about the origin of life then documented his observations on the evolution of life. He was probably right about the origin of life too!
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#638357 Jul 8, 2013
Yeah it really is...and evolutionists just keep building on it. I mean really, how do you claim we evolved from something and insist it's a foolproof theory but not have a dang clue what we evolved from? I just don't buy it.
You vehemently refuse to accept irrefutable scientific facts in contradiction to your Christian brainwashing because you're a death-denying coward and should be totally ashamed of yourself!

Location hidden

#638358 Jul 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He made a statement about inaccuracy in carbon dating due to varying concentrations of C14 in the atmosphere throughout history. I think that is worth investigating, since if that was true, that'll really throw the dating system out.
(...)
That's why there are numerous other dating methods that can be employed to verify, substantiate, or - exclude - results that are suspected of being in error.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dat...

“I speak my mind”

#638359 Jul 8, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It was disingenuous bullshit, kid.
no, it was scientific fact. Prove it wrong...
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#638360 Jul 8, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's common sense to all rational people. An extraordinary claim is crediting an invisible spaceman with the creation of the universe and life on earth when no evidence for this spaceman or his design has ever been observed. Grow up, fool!
What? All life came from non-life.
So that means I'm only alive due to the fact that I was at some stage not alive?

You really should get over calling energy "an invisible spaceman" , you and you alone envision "God" as either an old invisible man, or a invisible spaceman.
You have created an image of "God" which you yourself do not like.
Go figure.

Location hidden

#638361 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish there was, there just isn't. It's an illusion created from lies.
Ever heard of the word "reprobate"?

Location hidden

#638362 Jul 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Florida was very nice.
Full of Southerners though
Hey, I resemble that remark.รพ)
Catcher1 wrote:
, and oh, the obesity.
But not that one, and yeah, there is a problem here with some people eating a bit too much in the Southeast.

I keep in shape - you don't see too many obese wood cutters around - and right now is my slow part of the year, but I'm still doing work in prep for the upcoming season, but today, I went to the river and ambled around for a bit.

We've had around 7 days of almost continuous rain and it was nice to see some sunshine.
Catcher1 wrote:
Now flying Jacksonville-Dallas.
I'm glad I'm not doing that.

Location hidden

#638363 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez man, give us a break....we've only been seriously looking into abiogenesis for maybe 50 years now.
It has always been that science comes in and replaces a religious 'truth', NEVER the other way round.
Do you even realize how much of Science in the "Evolution of mankind" aspect of it, is "circular reasnoing"???

What authority does Science have/use to say they have "facts and truth"? What method does Science use to say that Science/Evolution is fact and truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 703,879
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 223,084
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 2 hr Goku Black the Vi... 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Gotti 88,640
The REAL reason TWA Flight 800 broke in half 3 hr bohart 10
How to a approach a top foreign dating coach? 11 hr ramon40 1
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 11 hr Rocky 15