Prove there's a god.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#638324 Jul 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are you attracted to masculine males? Does masculinity attract you?
makuri buburusu burasto!

http://www.google.ca/imgres...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#638325 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:

RR, you've already admitted you know nothing about biology. Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life.
What sciences predict that? Answer me and I'll quit saying it.
Genesis does not even slightly resemble evolution. You're on crack if you think that.

It does, very slightly.
Yes, the Bible declares bats to be birds. That's patently false. It's false b/c the ancient goatherders who wrote the Bible couldn't differentiate between bat wing and bird wing morphology. They were ignorant people, who made up fables to explain reality rather than explore it.
They were ignorant of our current classification system. So what?
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#638326 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, you've already admitted you know nothing about biology. Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life.
Genesis does not even slightly resemble evolution. You're on crack if you think that.
Yes, the Bible declares bats to be birds. That's patently false. It's false b/c the ancient goatherders who wrote the Bible couldn't differentiate between bat wing and bird wing morphology. They were ignorant people, who made up fables to explain reality rather than explore it.
Oh this one never gets old.

"Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life"

Can we also say that "light comes from the darkness"?

Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#638327 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an anthropologist, working in the field. Ask Kodder who you should believe when it comes to human evolution.
Rice fields?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#638328 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Wow, neat! I didn't know you were into that. So we can add that level of detail by being as familiar with the material as you are. Do you know when art began to be applied to hunting weapons?
I see more artistic examples in the Woodland era, but there are earlier examples, and further beyond into the Archaic I see less. I attribute that to age and the elements erasing the art. But I have some points that are flaked fine enough(the skill is beyond mind boggling at times) that have artistic representations flaked >into< the piece itself that date to the Archaic by typology.

I dunno, overall, it seems like there are periods where there was nothing but strict utilitarian pieces and then you'll find pieces of just a slight difference in style that evidence it again.

Almost as if they went through "spiritual" highs and lows within a short span(100-300-500 years?) Maybe that reflects conflicts, drought, famines, bounty, IE: good times/bad times.

The North American cultures varied quite a bit, especially in this region. Say for instance, while the Mound builders in the Mississippi River Valley were in full effect, you see mounds here, but no where near as grandiose, and instead of major centers, here they appear to be places that were gathering areas at certain times, with the people living scattered around in pockets. So they were influenced by Mound builders, but still had a unique culture unto themselves.

I suspect that's due to the mountainous nature of this region. Different game, foodstuffs and more seasonal pressures, you know what I mean(I could drone/babble on for days about it).

You know, when I was a kid, about 10 or 12, my Grandfather used to take us way back in the mountains and one place we went, had a massive pure white vitreous Quartz boulder(about the size of a kiddie pool) and it was flaked and worked all over the exposed surface. I had found a few arrowheads before that, but on that day I found pocketfuls, laying literally everywhere I looked. I was pretty hooked from that time forward.

That place is now under 400 ft of water and behind a reservoir fed by the Coosawattee River that creates a 3200 acre lake.

But there are - lots - of other places left.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Arky is actually my weak point - I don't know a lot about it. Just the basics.
I'm just a layman, an amateur. I've gotten pretty good at it, to the point of just knowing what land features and terrain components to look for - springs, creeks, rivers, subject to flooding, stone types in the area etc..). It's fun.

Anyway, like I said before, over the years as I've found artifacts and in identifying them, read a lot, researched a lot, compared what I've seen or found against what archaeologists have observed and identified/verified and became pretty versed - in how and what I specifically do. I sorta have an advantage due to my Grandfather and his lineage and ties to the area, and what was passed down to him by his family from around the Turtletown area, we've discussed that before, so I have a light insight concerning what to look for in many respects.

Drop me in Montana or Maine and I'm sure I'd have no idea of where to start or what culture I'm looking at.

hahaaa...

I'm no archaeologist.

Just a regular guy.

(Forgive me if I bored everyone else to death, but I'm more than an atheist, and I don't discuss these things much since the thread is geared towards a different subject....*sorta*)

Or is it related?

Up until the last 500-600 years the people had lived here for well over 10,000 years, maybe even 16,000+ years - http://www.allendale-expedition.net/ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topper_ (archaeological_site)- and they never knew of the Yahweh!, the Jesus!, or any of the other deities the rest of the world claim humans really, really, r e a l l y need.

They sure didn't.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#638329 Jul 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of dressing do you recommend for that word salad?
Dressing down.

You bring the salad and I will give you the dressing down.

Since: Sep 08

Ordway, CO

#638330 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Genesis was edited a few times, throughout history.
2. Romans were quite good at math.
3. Romans changed their religions a few times.
4. Ancient Greeks never adopted Christianity nation-wide. There was a population of early Christians in it.
5. Not denying the role played by religion in education. Their aim was to promote their worldview. That came, little by little, with advancing knowledge - and now is utterly absent in science.
Thanks, religion. Here's your crutches and tea.
Uh huh.

Greeks, Romans, Jews, Chinese, Egyptian, Japanese, Indo-Europeans, Celts, Germanic tribes, Persians, and a veritable plethora of cultures and civilizations spread about the globe with very long times to develop science like we have today. Same dirt, air, chemicals,and all other physical forces. Same intelligence capabilities. Yet they couldn't even approach what started three hundred years ago in Christianized Europe.

What was the difference?
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#638331 Jul 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine doesn't lie.
Yes they do. They lie all the time.

Oh sorry my bad, I read it as Christian not Christine.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#638332 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
See that right there is what gets me most...."Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life." I might not be a genius, but that just blows my mind. I mean all the scientific studies on evolution base it on the one notion that all life came from non-life and then evolved...yet not once in history, not in or out of a lab, not from ancient rocks or fossils, not from anything, have we observed this. Why not look for other possibilities?

Ordway, CO

#638333 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they care about the morphology? The damned thing flew. Goats didn't. Goats weren't birds.

Ever hear of a bullbat? It's a bird.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#638334 Jul 8, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
An argument that has been refuted.
I am unable to post a link. You said earlier in the day that you are happy to use Wikipedia, so google the Wiki link to 'mitochondrial Eve'. Read the article, and then follow the links below.
TSI, Creationists and people who propagate Creationism are not scientists. They knowingly and wittingly lie to people like you, because they feel (and they are often right), that you would not fact check the information given.
I have heard all sorts of wacky claims. Kent Hovind said, without dropping a beat, that the geologic column is a lie. Such lies work against scientists, because it makes the Christian world prone to believe the crap they spew.
I am glad you put this forth to Hiding, and she will be able to refute it, out of hand.
Please, be skeptical when hearing abojt anything a Creationist claims. There are cases of them testifying in court where they rigged experiments (Michael Behe, Kitzmiller vs Dover School Distric. They are bottom of the barrel human beings whose only purpose is to lie and deceive.
Do not drink the cool aid
Hmmm,, sounds like you just described Evolution/Science to a T.

Well done.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#638335 Jul 8, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVE I AM GAY!
No need to, you already have.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#638336 Jul 8, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you keep saying, but you can't prove that. Besides, that thought that you have inside of you, of there possibily being a God out there, may very will be the God that can save you..
Something to ponder, while you breath?

I wish there was, there just isn't. It's an illusion created from lies.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#638337 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What sciences predict that? Answer me and I'll quit saying it.
<quoted text>
It does, very slightly.
<quoted text>
They were ignorant of our current classification system. So what?
Yeah, but god should have told them.

Ordway, CO

#638338 Jul 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I see more artistic examples in the Woodland era, but there are earlier examples, and further beyond into the Archaic I see less. I attribute that to age and the elements erasing the art. But I have some points that are flaked fine enough(the skill is beyond mind boggling at times) that have artistic representations flaked >into< the piece itself that date to the Archaic by typology.
I dunno, overall, it seems like there are periods where there was nothing but strict utilitarian pieces and then you'll find pieces of just a slight difference in style that evidence it again.
Almost as if they went through "spiritual" highs and lows within a short span(100-300-500 years?) Maybe that reflects conflicts, drought, famines, bounty, IE: good times/bad times.
The North American cultures varied quite a bit, especially in this region. Say for instance, while the Mound builders in the Mississippi River Valley were in full effect, you see mounds here, but no where near as grandiose, and instead of major centers, here they appear to be places that were gathering areas at certain times, with the people living scattered around in pockets. So they were influenced by Mound builders, but still had a unique culture unto themselves.
I suspect that's due to the mountainous nature of this region. Different game, foodstuffs and more seasonal pressures, you know what I mean(I could drone/babble on for days about it).
You know, when I was a kid, about 10 or 12, my Grandfather used to take us way back in the mountains and one place we went, had a massive pure white vitreous Quartz boulder(about the size of a kiddie pool) and it was flaked and worked all over the exposed surface. I had found a few arrowheads before that, but on that day I found pocketfuls, laying literally everywhere I looked. I was pretty hooked from that time forward.
That place is now under 400 ft of water and behind a reservoir fed by the Coosawattee River that creates a 3200 acre lake.
But there are - lots - of other places left.
<quoted text>
I'm just a layman, an amateur. I've gotten pretty good at it, to the point of just knowing what land features and terrain components to look for - springs, creeks, rivers, subject to flooding, stone types in the area etc..). It's fun.
"edited for space"
hahaaa...
I'm no archaeologist.
Just a regular guy.
(Forgive me if I bored everyone else to death, but I'm more than an atheist, and I don't discuss these things much since the thread is geared towards a different subject....*sorta*)
Or is it related?
Up until the last 500-600 years the people had lived here for well over 10,000 years, maybe even 16,000+ years - http://www.allendale-expedition.net/ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topper_ (archaeological_site)- and they never knew of the Yahweh!, the Jesus!, or any of the other deities the rest of the world claim humans really, really, r e a l l y need.
They sure didn't.
http://www.viewzone.com/stantest22.html

http://www.viewzone.com/comanche.html

I'm not sure how much mainstream study has been done on this, but he claims to have found a universal alphabet from long, long ago. He has more stories about it. I live about 40 miles from the La Junta petroglyphs, but just don't have what it takes to make the hike. Would love to see them. This area has had human habitation for 12,000 years.

Evolution is true.....

#638339 Jul 8, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
See that right there is what gets me most...."Our sciences predict that life comes from non-life." I might not be a genius, but that just blows my mind. I mean all the scientific studies on evolution base it on the one notion that all life came from non-life and then evolved...yet not once in history, not in or out of a lab, not from ancient rocks or fossils, not from anything, have we observed this. Why not look for other possibilities?
Jeez man, give us a break....we've only been seriously looking into abiogenesis for maybe 50 years now.

It has always been that science comes in and replaces a religious 'truth', NEVER the other way round.
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#638340 Jul 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go, thanks
E=MC^2 shows that that no god as described at omnipotent in KYV revelation 19:6 can exit in a universe that contains mass
Now RR has tried to circumvent that my making his own definition for omnipotent. However all that means is that he has made up a definition because the real definition does not suit his purpose.
You do not know what mass is.

Evolution is true.....

#638341 Jul 8, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution does not address the beginning of life. Just what happens after its already going.
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#638342 Jul 8, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not keeping your ego in check.
Check, double check.

Yep, all good.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#638343 Jul 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez man, give us a break....we've only been seriously looking into abiogenesis for maybe 50 years now.
It has always been that science comes in and replaces a religious 'truth', NEVER the other way round.
Really now...so when Darwin proposed life may have begun in a little warm pond, back in what...the 1870's it was just an after thought that the no one considered important until 50 years ago?? That's hilarious...I mean the whole notion is hilarious...but that science didn't jump right on it is even more laughable. The problem is...no one could work through such a dubious claim and therefore only a few attempted publicly humiliating themselves with such hogwash.

but for the sake of argument and amusement...please enlighten me...what progress have you made in 50 years. Any rocks started talking...fish crying on the scientists shoulder about the whale kicking them with their vestigial limb? Please, please enlighten me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Rednek 71,315
Ifitdress.com reviews (Oct '12) 15 min lac 16
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 447,350
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 1 hr Gene Ricker 483
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr ROG 63
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr FathrFlanagan Bug... 699,333
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 8 hr Stormy Marriages 711