|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>Lol...So....you're also Aerobatty? What's up with that? I just don't see the necessity in alter egos on this forum...but whatev...
Hmmm.

Interesting.

But HFY is much smarter than me.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for any particle or any photon to follow any order. Order is evidence of intelligence. If you do not believe in a Creator, then by default, you believe that order conveniently exists.
And there is no evidence that man invented the idea of God. There is no evidence of there ever being a time when man did not have some belief or knowledge about God. There is evidence of recurring changes between monotheism and polytheism, but atheism is a new thing. There is not evidence to back the claim that man invented God. If the goddunit attitude was really prevalent, we would not have progressed as a civilisation.
We can conclude only that those who follow an all or nothing attitude about their personal source of knowledge of 'God' being the Bible and the Quran, that say 100% of those books are the word of God, then God must not have been a very "great" or "intelligent" entity, because man has disproved much of what has been written in both books.

On the other side, man has proved nothing as true that has been written in those books that pertain to non-natural events or invisible beings, such as Gods, angels, etc.

Yes, it appears that man has always had 'beliefs' in a supernatural being, or god, but we have discarded, in modern society, most of the more ancient gods, but since God of Abraham is a relatively newer concept of a god, it has not yet been discarded. It has, though, been massively discarded in most of the former "Christian" countries, by the same people or their descendants, that once believed in it, and that seems to have followed the progression of education, and man's discoveries. There are exceptions, of course, but in general, that has been the case.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is 27/4?
LOL...you are hilarious!!!

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just playing. I believe Catcher or Buck stated it - answering posts that were not directed at you as if they were.
I'm not Aero, but I can be if you like. Err...what would Aero say?(Err...WWAS). Probably some humorous one-liner about alter egos. Nope, I don't have it. Sorry.
Damn, I failed the Err...WWAS test!
yeah...I'm like constantly playing clue on here...Professor Plum...in the billiard room...with the.....idk..candlestick.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck started it.
I adopted Buck's practice. It's been a while though.
BTW, go fetch the Buckaroo.
Don't start it back...Jesus...I'm like the worst clue player in history!!!

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.
Interesting.
yes...very interesting...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I tend to agree with you about most of what you said. Those who incite hatred, such as the homophobes on this site and this thread, that have been running rampant for 5 years, should, IMO, be locked up. The only thing that would mitigate that is they are a small minority now, and getting smaller all the time, so soon they will be laughed at, if they open their mouths.
When you mention my opinion on free speech, I had a feeling you were talking to me as if I am an American. I believe in free speech, as a Canadian, but I do not believe in promoting hatred, or harassing various minorities, as is permitted in the USA, but usually not in Canada. We have teachers here who have lost their licenses to teach children because they are hate mongers - one was a neo-Nazi from his school days, and still is in his late 60s.
We sent Ernst Zundel back to Germany to face hate crime charges there, for which he was imprisoned, for a while. The jerk was spreading hatred in Canada for many years, until we finally stopped some of the things he was doing so he went to the USA, and even they finally arrested him, and shipped him back to Canada.
I see your point about inciting violence by those cartoons, and that is why I said it was not a particularly wise thing for those who published that stuff, especially in light of the existing atmosphere about Islam, and I think it showed poor judgement. But the Fatwas and the riots etc showed ignorance and stupidity.
I really don't care what Muslims think about images of their 'God" and/or their prophet. I don't believe in God, and I have absolutely no respect for Muhammad as a human being at all. I think he was a man who took advantage of weak minded people to do whatever he did, and I would rather not even know all that he did, because what I do know about it, is not something I find particularly good.
That people place him at some level almost as high as a god is laughable, IMO. I apologize to you, though, for saying that, because I don't feel your opinions are laughable, and you have been very reasonable in almost everything I have read that you have posted here.
Thank God Canadians can never become superpowers or influence the world much.

Their only export seems to be sanctimoniousness.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God Canadians can never become superpowers or influence the world much.
Their only export seems to be sanctimoniousness.

Since they got lots of oil they could become mini me. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/06/pop...

This Pope will rejuvenate the Catholic Church.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you seriously believe that biology is accurate (and I'm sorry, I find that laughable)
What more is there to say?
You don't believe that biology is accurate???

Do you believe you breathe...for fun? What about eating? Do you believe you eat just because?

Are genes not real? Are they fictions, myths told to us by crazed researchers?

Try not eating and see how fictional biology is :) Or, if you get very ill, insist on using prayer only - tell the doctors they are crazy, none of that medicine stuff works, and you'll just pray yourself better.

(I don't recommend that, though, but it will be instructional for you)

Since: May 12

Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

You know nothing about Islam and Muslims. Please before you debate anyone on any subject make sure you learn more about it because you tend to belittle yourself. That is an advice. Take.it or leave it.
If that's what you think of it then you haven't understood it at all, as much as you're acting as though you've thought about it.. it's not about the superiority of one over another, it's about the superiority of the truth over falsehoods .. and after having made that criticism you haven't tried to defend the other way of seeing it at all, haven't bothered trying to argue that all humans are equal, because we're not.. the ignorant aren't superior to the knowledgeable, children aren't the equals of adults, and according to the qur'an, a non-believer in Islam isn't the equal of a believer .. if you disagree then you can either show me what's a better way to divide mankind, or you can show me that all humans are equal in all ways and nobody's the superior or inferior of anybody else and i'm exactly as strong as arnie schwartzenegger was in his prime .. until then all you've done is you've said 'i don't think i like this idea but i'm not sure why..'

The article say "Muhammad was once asked if these words pertained to Jews and Christians. His response was, "Whom else?" (Bukhari 56:662)."
If you look at surah 3:110 it says good Christians and Jews will be loved by god, therefore that bukhari hadith is referring to the idol worshipping Christians and bad Jews who now plot against God always. We know this for certain because that very same hadith the prophet says ""You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors"" the keyword is wrong ways. It refers to Christians and Jews who take the wrong path away from god.

You say about taxes surah 9 orders us to kill and force payment ect ect (9:29)

Yet we can grant nonuslims protection (9:6), surah 9 goes on and on about maintaining peace treaty with polytheists and not to break it, The surah also refers to specific polytheists. Also 9:12 says "And if they break their oaths after their treaty and defame your religion" which means only in retaliation from when they attack first are we allowed self defence and fight them. Now that you have been completely annihilated and exposed I am off to bed.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. 9:32
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Quran...
Islam is a supremacist ideology in which the role of non-believers is subordinate to the position of Muslims. Those who resist Islamic rule are to be fought until they are either killed or fully humiliated and forced to acknowledge their inferior status by converting to Islam or by paying a poll-tax and otherwise accepting the subjugation of their own religion.
There is simply no other religion on earth that draws such sharp distinction between its own members and others, or devotes as much time of its holist text toward condemning and dehumanizing those who merely choose not to follow its dogma.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.
Interesting.
Hey me! My, you look handsome. Let's me and me go out for a little us time, maybe share some beers and nachos! Yum!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck started it.
I adopted Buck's practice. It's been a while though.
BTW, go fetch the Buckaroo.
What would bring Buck here? Chanting his name over and over? Perhaps a prayer to the football gods? Or building a shrine to the ID movement?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo...there IS an afterlife?
Cool.
Yeah. But only atheists reach it :)

It turns out some kind of polytheistic ancestor worship is actually the one, true religion. So, when the religious die, they get sucked into a stone or large tree, where they spend most of eternity awaiting offerings from their family members.

Unfortunately, contemporary religions have largely ignored that so religious people just brood for all eternity. Us atheists don't get so tied, and we are free to interact with the universe. Most of us go on to explore non-Earth places, but I stuck behind to try to offer some education to those who badly need it - like those who don't believe in biology.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
You know nothing about Islam and Muslims. Please before you debate anyone on any subject make sure you learn more about it because you tend to belittle yourself. That is an advice. Take.it or leave it.
If that's what you think of it then you haven't understood it at all, as much as you're acting as though you've thought about it.. it's not about the superiority of one over another, it's about the superiority of the truth over falsehoods .. and after having made that criticism you haven't tried to defend the other way of seeing it at all, haven't bothered trying to argue that all humans are equal, because we're not.. the ignorant aren't superior to the knowledgeable, children aren't the equals of adults, and according to the qur'an, a non-believer in Islam isn't the equal of a believer .. if you disagree then you can either show me what's a better way to divide mankind, or you can show me that all humans are equal in all ways and nobody's the superior or inferior of anybody else and i'm exactly as strong as arnie schwartzenegger was in his prime .. until then all you've done is you've said 'i don't think i like this idea but i'm not sure why..'
The article say "Muhammad was once asked if these words pertained to Jews and Christians. His response was, "Whom else?" (Bukhari 56:662)."
If you look at surah 3:110 it says good Christians and Jews will be loved by god, therefore that bukhari hadith is referring to the idol worshipping Christians and bad Jews who now plot against God always. We know this for certain because that very same hadith the prophet says ""You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors"" the keyword is wrong ways. It refers to Christians and Jews who take the wrong path away from god.
You say about taxes surah 9 orders us to kill and force payment ect ect (9:29)
Yet we can grant nonuslims protection (9:6), surah 9 goes on and on about maintaining peace treaty with polytheists and not to break it, The surah also refers to specific polytheists. Also 9:12 says "And if they break their oaths after their treaty and defame your religion" which means only in retaliation from when they attack first are we allowed self defence and fight them. Now that you have been completely annihilated and exposed I am off to bed.
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. 9:32
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah yeah no true Scotsman yada yada yada ...blah blah blah one true god zippity do dah zippity day.

Camel crockery vs Cowpatty vs lambchop = bunch of nuts

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. But only atheists reach it :)
It turns out some kind of polytheistic ancestor worship is actually the one, true religion. So, when the religious die, they get sucked into a stone or large tree, where they spend most of eternity awaiting offerings from their family members.
Unfortunately, contemporary religions have largely ignored that so religious people just brood for all eternity. Us atheists don't get so tied, and we are free to interact with the universe. Most of us go on to explore non-Earth places, but I stuck behind to try to offer some education to those who badly need it - like those who don't believe in biology.
The bone of grandpaw? lol

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

I wrote:
Please, tell me, how does the fact that 'consciousness exists now' "certify" that it did not always exist?
and
Aura Mytha wrote:
Because all the evidence points to it?

What would make you think it did, is there any observation or tangible evidence of it?
You are saying a classic Russell's teapot assertion.
Where is it out there, or how do you know it is?
Because you said so? I'm afraid you will have do better than that.
When the hospitals finish their NDE study and they find people actually saw the hidden picture, I will believe consciousness may exist outside the body. I don't think it does, for one I tried astral projection.

I succeeded and thought I had done it, but what I saw out of body was completely wrong. Which led me to think it is hallucination.
It seemed real but it wasn't, it couldn't have been because what I saw was wrong. But I'm still going to read what the hospitals determine in the study with the hidden picture only a out of body person could see.
I asked you a question. What in your reply addresses that question directly? Anything? There is no evidence on the matter at hand. Try again.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What would bring Buck here? Chanting his name over and over? Perhaps a prayer to the football gods? Or building a shrine to the ID movement?
Hagen used to show up when I did the "Lupus in Fabula" chant. I don't think Bucky knows that one.

Hi, Hiding.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>and
<quoted text>I asked you a question. What in your reply addresses that question directly? Anything? There is no evidence on the matter at hand. Try again.
The fact you are making a unsupportable claim that cannot be demonstrated simply escapes your ability to reason. There is zero evidence consciousness has ever existed anywhere but in the neural tissues and within the neural networks of living organisms that it is found. Therefore no reason to make conjecture that it does or ever even has, as the only evidence supports that this is exactly where it resides. All you do is create a Russel's teapot out of consciousness.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

undercontrolgh wrote:
You know nothing about Islam
Religious brainwashing retards intellectual development and you're obviously too retarded to understand that organized religion is a hoax to control the gullible. It's YOU who truly knows NOTHING about Islam, kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••