Prove there's a god.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637878 Jul 8, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanist... (2001–present)
I have no idea what you might consider as a credible reference...but Wikipedia seems pretty objective. Listen, I don't necessarily agree with all the decisions made during this 10 year war, but the fact is, the US and allies went in initially to dismantle the Taliaban. We had good reason to go over there in the beginning. Do you think allowing terrorist to fly suicide bombers into our country and kill thousands should have been ignored? We ended up staying in Afghanistan to assist the civilians in the civil war only to find the number of Taliban insurgents growing in numbers rather than decreasing. We've broke our own country, spending billions of dollars, trying to help your civilians build their own army so they can fight against their own radical people. As Americans, it really isn't our duty to fix the problems of the world, but that is apparently what our government thinks. I've lost family members from both Canada and the US in this war, so don't assume I don't feel the devastation of it, believe me, I do. And honestly, as horrible as I feel for the innocent people of the Middle East, it's people like you that make one part of me wanna say, pull all of our troops outta that Godforsaken place and let them figure it out on their own. I'm sure the loss of your innocent people is beyond devastating, but don't assume we are the reason. Your own radicals are the cause of this war, from the beginning up to the present.
Afghanistan had their own civil war going on in the rural areas by various warlords. The U.S. was not prepared to make an enemy of all of them, so they sided with certain groups, giving them loads of cash in exchange for their loyalty. And now these warlords, collectively called insurgents, are carrying out attacks. For the past three years they were responsible for most civilian deaths, but since the start of the invasion, the U.S. takes the cake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualt... (2001%E2%80%93present)

3 years into the invasion, I guess you can say you "got your revenge". Over 3100 afghan civilians killed. Well, that's the reporting of the U.S. government. Independent sources say up to 20000 may have been killed due to starvation during their refugee status. All through U.S. airstrikes. You made the whole situation a lot worse. It was contained, and now its spilled into Pakistan because of the U.S. government.

How long before you call the Pakistanis barbaric and cite how they killing each other? How long before you pick on their oppression of women? Their girls can no longer go to school without being shot by the Taliban. You drove the Taliban into their land.

They are not "my innocent people" and "my radicals". I'm South African. Those are Afghans, Iraqis, Pakistanis. FYI, this was never a war between the United States of America and the United States of Islam. There is no United States of Islam. It was the U.S. against Afghanistan, and then the U.S. against Iraq.

“Listen to the sounds”

#637879 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fear going to the Middle East, I just have no desire to. There's nothing there that holds my interest that would warrant the expense of going.
That's fine. That's your choice. But then why do you judge people of the middle east? I've never been to your state and I don't judge your people. I've only been to Florida.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#637880 Jul 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand gravity.
It is the implosion of electromagnetic waves into shorter and shorter wavelengths. That's what gravity is.
Every atom is a miniature black hole that attracts light into itself giving the illusion of mass, an atom is really just a mass of energy.
So if we are made up of atoms than you can see where our energy comes from. The light energy is always attracted to us due to us being ( and I know this sounds silly ) but walking talking observable black holes
Is that what gravity is?

Gravity is a force of attraction a field influence, that that exists between any two masses. Other than that no one – not even you knows what it is.

Wrong, I suggest you go back to school and ask for you fees back because they were wasted.

Yes it sounds silly because (and only because) it is silly

#637881 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a professional, too. Just in a different profession than you.
Your ego has become overinflated, you can believe what you want.
I'll remain skeptical.
You mean they pay you for shovelling your sh|t? wow.

#637882 Jul 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Take planets and stars wavelengths for example, they are huge compared to that of an atom, however when their wavelengths fit into the Fibonacci sequence of the Golden mean, they interfere non-destructively , they implode and form a fractal attractor that we know as gravity.
This is actually how planets and stars are connected by means of imploding electromagnetic waves that we know as gravity.
Yes right, ok. Ermmmm, have you seen about a refund yet?

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#637883 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remain skeptical.
Yo RR. You have not answered any of her points raised. Your 'skepticism' does resemble denial.

Why not just back away from the argument? She is the professional in this discussion. She has brought up a great many points you are unable to address. She is up to date with all the latest fossil finds, dissertations and schools of thought.

I believe it an admirable trait, to knkw when you are beaten. No one here gets some sick pleasure at besting you in a discussion they know more of than you. So that is what I would have done - acknowledge that you are outgunned and argue some other point.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#637884 Jul 8, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
wow some serious science there.
or is it drug fuelled word vomit?
Drugs dull the ego, so no , it certainly isn't drug fuelled.

#637885 Jul 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. That's your choice. But then why do you judge people of the middle east? I've never been to your state and I don't judge your people. I've only been to Florida.
Because that the RR way, he reads some supermarket tabloid hate sheet and is told to judge everyone not RR

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#637886 Jul 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Could be "crazy" why?
Because he asked a question that you could not answer.
Just because you readily admit that you don't know / understand doesn't mean you can say he "could be crazy".
Keep you're ego in check.
[Quoted text]

Absolutely not. Though I'm under educated I'm not a complete moron.
Because: He asked a few times why no one had answered his questions, whoever I answered, said that maybe it was because they were crazy questions. I found them, was intrigued. And didn't know if they were crazy questions or not. Wasn't sure if it was religious or scientific.
Yes, thank you, I will keep my ego in check.
Greens - tuf

Annandale, Australia

#637887 Jul 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You could of just said , "wow you have a amazing understanding of the Universe, one that I just cannot comprehend, I am jealous".
Goodnight.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#637888 Jul 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh allow me to post the rest....

"[...]So if the universe is in essence a hologram and there is only one principle that shapes everything from atoms to planets, stars, and the universe at large, we should find proof of these vortexes, Platonic Solids, and doughnut structures in all parts of the universe.

This holographic principle of the universe was first mentioned by the ancient Greek Hermes Trismegistus as one of the seven Hermetic principles ‘As above, so below, as below, so above’."

This is from the musing of a gentleman called Billy Yeager who calls himself "Jesus of Malibu"....

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#637889 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remain skeptical.
No.

You will remain ignorant.

Proudly, stubbornly ignorant.

You won't even enrol in a single Community College course.

Instead, you just embarrass yourself here.

Australia

#637890 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
That's probably why so many people are misdiagnosed and/or killed by medical science - because they think they know what they're doing.
Good idea, just dismiss all the people saved, because of Biology, and some amazingly dedicated, super knowledgeable people.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#637891 Jul 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fear going to the Middle East, I just have no desire to. There's nothing there that holds my interest that would warrant the expense of going.
Nor do you have any interest in experiencing Europe, Asia, Africa, or South America.

One more way to remain ignorant: Stay in your cave.

Australia

#637892 Jul 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
You could of just said , "wow you have a amazing understanding of the Universe, one that I just cannot comprehend, I am jealous".
Goodnight.
Your not keeping your ego in check.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#637893 Jul 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Afghanistan had their own civil war going on in the rural areas by various warlords. The U.S. was not prepared to make an enemy of all of them, so they sided with certain groups, giving them loads of cash in exchange for their loyalty. And now these warlords, collectively called insurgents, are carrying out attacks. For the past three years they were responsible for most civilian deaths, but since the start of the invasion, the U.S. takes the cake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualt... (2001%E2%80%93present)
3 years into the invasion, I guess you can say you "got your revenge". Over 3100 afghan civilians killed. Well, that's the reporting of the U.S. government. Independent sources say up to 20000 may have been killed due to starvation during their refugee status. All through U.S. airstrikes. You made the whole situation a lot worse. It was contained, and now its spilled into Pakistan because of the U.S. government.
How long before you call the Pakistanis barbaric and cite how they killing each other? How long before you pick on their oppression of women? Their girls can no longer go to school without being shot by the Taliban. You drove the Taliban into their land.
They are not "my innocent people" and "my radicals". I'm South African. Those are Afghans, Iraqis, Pakistanis. FYI, this was never a war between the United States of America and the United States of Islam. There is no United States of Islam. It was the U.S. against Afghanistan, and then the U.S. against Iraq.
There would have been no invasion of Afghanistan if Mullah Omar had turned over Bin Laden.

Omar was actually a good and honorable man, but he let the thugs manipulate him under the guise of religious solidarity. This is an issue Muslims worldwide are doing, and will eventually have to deal with the consequences of. Muslims need to kill their rabid dogs.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#637894 Jul 8, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not pure speculation. Tools, cave drawings, fossils and artifacs such as pottery shards, show our ancestors to be quite intelligent and adept. They hunted Mastodons and Mammoths into near extinction.. And they had nkthing more to use than spears! Do you think any else than human intelligence could have done that?
Hell, if I took ten friends now, armed with spears and you let is hunt a wild African Elephant (much less formidable than a mammoth), then we would all die. Those hunters were clever. They had wits, savvy and a hell of a lot of survival skills. They would have made Green Berets look like contestants on an episode of Survivor.
Ok, maybe not "pure" speculation, but there is a lot of specualtion involved.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637895 Jul 8, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
You are commiting Red Herring fallacy here, amigo
Firstly, you have not commented on her claims of human kind's first written language and the dates involved. You have not addressed the fact that you were wrong about the 'first of a species' question - because there is no real 'first'.
Now, onto your question. 160,000 years ago? No, we cannot put in too many details. We can put in broad strokes. No mind you, I am nk expert on early homo sapiens, but the following evidence can be gathered
1) we can find evidence of where they stayed. Is there evidence that they could build decent huts?
2) we can find tools. Sharpened rocks. Grinding stones. Evidence of advanced tool use, for weapons, cutting, milling, grinding, fishing, foraging
3) Analysis of teeth and jaw structure gives clue as to what they ate.
So no, it is not a hell of a lot of info. But we do know that Biblical Adam is a myth
I did comment on her claims.

How can I be wrong for asking a question?

Because we've found other human remains, you think that proves Adam is a myth? All that proves is the human remains were there, nothing about Adam.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637896 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We actually know a fair amount about them, bits of their migration patterns, some of their religious materials, glimpses of their art (in only some locations), and tiny bits of their genes (mostly degraded), in addition to what you name above.
In the words of an archaeologist friend "I can tell you more about my grandmother, how she lived, what she ate, where it came from, if you give me her bones than if I talk to her." Clearly he was exaggerating. I think. Well, maybe his grandmother was reticent.
I think your friend loves to indulge in speculation.

“Listen to the sounds”

#637897 Jul 8, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There would have been no invasion of Afghanistan if Mullah Omar had turned over Bin Laden.
Omar was actually a good and honorable man, but he let the thugs manipulate him under the guise of religious solidarity. This is an issue Muslims worldwide are doing, and will eventually have to deal with the consequences of. Muslims need to kill their rabid dogs.
Yes they do need to kill their rabid dogs. The problem with many middle eastern countries is their pathetic governments, which had no control over much of the rural areas in the first place. When the U.S. came to Afghanistan, in many rural regions different tribes were already at it, and for a long time too. They were even rolling in old soviet tanks and the Afghan government was nowhere on the scene.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min NotSoDivineMsM 15,670
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min PadMark 683,630
gay guys for fun on skype (Jan '13) 40 min Dave Matthews 4
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 1 hr BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 2 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 2 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web