Prove there's a god.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#637783 Jul 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure Jesus was real?.:-)
Does that even matter? It's an unfalsifiable claim , the same as pokay makes.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#637784 Jul 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And PLeeease don't believe anything a godbot says....they are known 'Liars for Jesus' and they quote 'funny' junkscience.
Really.

What is even worse is educated idiots that recite what they learned from someone else assuring you it is the truth.

Their science gets junked every so often, and thus they are rendered into uneducated idiots reciting what they learned way back when.

It's nice to think you "are in the know", isn't it? Good for the ego.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#637785 Jul 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hagen used to show up when I did the "Lupus in Fabula" chant. I don't think Bucky knows that one.
Hi, Hiding.
Hey Mac! I hope you're super well!

Some stable somewhere

#637786 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't believe that *your* belief in biology is accurate.
Between the two of us here, I'm the professional. If you don't believe in what I am telling you, then you, without any justification whatsoever, simply refuse to believe in scientific evidence.

That's fine and all, but it's willful stupidity.

Some stable somewhere

#637787 Jul 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to kidnap Peebob.
I don't know the reference.

Some stable somewhere

#637788 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Do you believe in math?
How about carpentry, do you believe in carpentry.
Laying tile or I believe in plumbing!
Well said! That's quite funny.

Some stable somewhere

#637789 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How humans acted 160,000 years ago is pure speculation, not fact. It's really that simple.
No. It's pure speculation to you because you don't know the first thing about archaeology or paleoanthropology, and you seem to have forgotten about the times I educated you on just how much information we could gather from a single tooth.

From the humans of 160 000 years ago, we have entire skeletons, places of residence, their tools, middens, art where they made art, and foods that they ate. Of course you don't know the first thing about this and you, very strangely, believe that the rest of human knowledge is limited by your limitations.

Sorry, RR, but science has a much, much greater picture than you are capable of imagining. The very best you seem to capable of is to claim that your personal deity walked with humans a long time ago - nothing specific, no evidence to back up your fantasies, just ridiculous adherence to your childhood enculturation - an indoctrination solely reliant on fables and utterly lacking in evidence.

From any rational standpoint, your religious views of reality are absurd. But, like every other religious believer on the planet, you're entitled to earnestly believe you're right, despite all the evidence we have amassed to the contrary.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#637790 Jul 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the reference.
Bucks Imaginary brother's Fountain and Peebob ....prolly all are his name
Buck Fountain Peebob or is it Buck the Peebob Fountain?

lol

Some stable somewhere

#637791 Jul 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion concerning biology is about as relevant as a crackwhores opinion concerning the blueprints for bridge design and construction.
That's about all there is to say.
And we have very good reasons for not consulting with crackwhores, bakers or even waitresses before constructing buildings, bridges and roads.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637792 Jul 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should do a little research about what's actually going on...9/11 was only a small portion of it. Here's a site that summarizes pretty good...read up!
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/t...
That Pro-Apartheid Zionist nonsense may be of use to you, but not to me. Perhaps a more credible reference, if you have?

“Listen to the sounds”

#637793 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fear death. It's a waste of time and energy to fear the inevitable.
But I do fear taking a life.
And I wouldn't even dream of murdering thousands of innocent people because I think a god told me to.
Neither will I.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#637794 Jul 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What would bring Buck here? Chanting his name over and over? Perhaps a prayer to the football gods? Or building a shrine to the ID movement?
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to kidnap Peebob.
buck has several socks here

“Listen to the sounds”

#637795 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go to the Middle East if you paid me.
Then your opinion of what goes on in the middle east will forever remain worthless.

What do you fear about going to the middle east?

“Listen to the sounds”

#637796 Jul 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the news shows me women wearing sacks covering all but their eyes and hands. Is this ordinary, or extraordinary?
that type of behaviour condemns the morality of the belief system.
That is the dressing of a few Middle eastern cultures, like the Saudis and a few Afghan tribes. They've been wearing that from long before Islam.

Some stable somewhere

#637797 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya right. They find a skull, an arrowhead and a show and all if a sudden they "know" how that person lived.
Think really, really deeply here. What does an arrowhead tell you about a people?

- what animals they hunted (hunter gatherers make different arrowheads for different animals)
- whether they group engages in ritual (if the arrowhead isn't suited for hunting - like it's made out of a breakable material, or impossibly large or something)- and that would further tell us a tiny bit about their spirituality (centered around hunting)
- where they got the arrowhead from (from far away, then they might engage in trade or are at least highly mobile)
- if we can determine the site of the arrowhead, we now know where to look for the kinds of tools they used to extract the stone/obsidian/material, possibly find out how they shaped it, etc
- tools are usually culturally-specific, with each culture making their own style. So the arrowhead can be compared to other finds at other locations and that will give us a rough range of this population
- if the arrowhead has designs, we can compare those to other groups and possibly trace the movement of people and artistry
- if we can find sites that overlap in time, but have different technology, we can build a population map of the humans in that region at that time. Then we can search the sites for signs of trade/overlap, etc.

But you, of course, would never have guessed the above. It's not your fault. You've never been exposed to this way of thinking, nor the tools of archaeology (though I've told you what we can find from teeth before - it should be a simple matter to extrapolate from that example and realize that we can know quite a bit about past peoples based on what you consider to be very little).

What's less forgivable is that you insist your ignorance dictates our ignorance. Sorry, but you quite clearly don't know and can't imagine the first thing about the biological sciences - you are absolutely incompetent here.

And only religion could have produced a person who, entirely lacking in expertise, insists on marking the boundaries of scientific knowledge.

“Listen to the sounds”

#637798 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya sure, and y'all also invented delusions, sharia law, fascism, jihad, murder, war, hate, homophobia, oppression of women, suicide bombing.
You don't believe what we invented? Go google it. Google Muslim scientists, Islamic Golden Age, or even the Timeline of science. Google Andalusia/Al-Andalus.

Suicide bombing, far as I know, were invented by the Japanese.

fascism, murder, war, hate, homophobia? That's invented a long time ago by many different people.

Holy War? That was invented by the Christians. Google crusades.

Oppression of women? The first University in the world was built by a muslim woman. Some muslim countries have even had woman presidents. When has the U.S. had a female president???

The only thing you were correct on here, was sharia law, a system no country in the world follows today. So I don't even know why you bring it up.

Think before you make accusations next time.

Some stable somewhere

#637799 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'alls belief that we know so much.
I think we don't know FAR more than we do know.
But y'all go on and on and on with your beliefs like they're facts.
You got this right - we know almost nothing. And the more we know, the more we know we don't know.

One thing I have learned in science is that my knowledge gets rapidly outdated - especially in neuroscience. Better technology leads to a better, finer understanding of how life works. It reveals our images to be gross (too large) and mistaken.

That isn't to say we don't build on the basics - everything in science is based on past science. It's just that, as our ability to distinguish becomes finer and finer, much more is revealed. Old problems fade, new problems emerge.

If you could say the same thing about your spirituality, that you are constantly amazed by where it takes you, in awe of what you can learn through it, then I would be moved and impressed.

“Listen to the sounds”

#637800 Jul 7, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
TT wants to blame all the innocent deaths on the US but apparently doesn't realize that the US along with other collaborating countries, don't use car bombs, suicide bombers, and IEDs...I wonder if he/she has looked at the number of innocent lives taken at the hands of their own people.
There is no single official figure for the overall number of civilians killed by the war since 2001, but estimates for specific years or periods have been published by a number of organizations. According to a report by the United Nations, the Taliban were responsible for 76% of civilian casualties in Afghanistan in 2009.[321] A UN report in June 2011 stated that 2,777 civilians were known to have been killed in 2010, with insurgents being responsible for 75% of the civilian casualties.[322] Another United Nations report issued in July 2011 said "1,462 non-combatants died" in the first six months of 2011, with insurgents being responsible for 80% of the deaths.[323] In 2011 a record 3,021 civilians were killed in the ongoing insurgency, the fifth successive annual rise.[324] Very few people in Afghanistan have been unaffected by the armed conflict there. Those with direct personal experience make up 60% of the population, and most others also report suffering a range of serious hardships. In total, almost everyone (96%) has been affected in some way – either personally or due to the wider consequences of armed conflict.[325]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanist... (2001–present)
I do not blame it all on the U.S., but the U.S. has been directly responsible for most civilians deaths due to their sloppy airstrikes.

Here is the testament of one of your commanders on the ground:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/hp/ssi/w...

Google other references of Mathew Hoh if you wish.

Let's not forget that these thugs are running wild in Afghanistan because the U.S. invaded and created this instability. You think the U.S. fought all the terrorists? They didn't do that. They fought key personnel, enough to topple the government, and the rest of the warlords they paid off to be quiet and not cause trouble. Millions of dollars of hard cash. And now that the effort is winding down, these warlords are using that cash to fund a civil war. The same thing is going on in Iraq and the U.S. government tells you that it is "age old sectarian violence". What a load of hogwash. Shias and Sunnis have even married each other in many cases.

You paid for all of that. They took your tax and gave suitcases of green to these insurgents. And what's worse, the situation has spilled into Pakistan. They didn't have a taliban problem. But now they do, all thanks to your government.

Your government arms the scum, the criminals, the dregs of Middle eastern society, and now you can sit back and say "See how violent they are! They even kill each other!"

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#637801 Jul 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's pure speculation to you because you don't know the first thing about archaeology or paleoanthropology, and you seem to have forgotten about the times I educated you on just how much information we could gather from a single tooth.
From the humans of 160 000 years ago, we have entire skeletons, places of residence, their tools, middens, art where they made art, and foods that they ate. Of course you don't know the first thing about this and you, very strangely, believe that the rest of human knowledge is limited by your limitations.
Sorry, RR, but science has a much, much greater picture than you are capable of imagining. The very best you seem to capable of is to claim that your personal deity walked with humans a long time ago - nothing specific, no evidence to back up your fantasies, just ridiculous adherence to your childhood enculturation - an indoctrination solely reliant on fables and utterly lacking in evidence.
From any rational standpoint, your religious views of reality are absurd. But, like every other religious believer on the planet, you're entitled to earnestly believe you're right, despite all the evidence we have amassed to the contrary.
Can I get an AMEN sister?

:-)

Australia

#637802 Jul 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I wasn't alone , I tested it . This is the thing science does is test it.
The person was in another room. I told them what I saw them doing.
It was false, it's hallucination, the doctor in the study said it is hallucination, another poster said it is hallucination.
I have to guess it's drum roll......hallucination.
Don't believe me? You do the test maybe you can get a positive result.
I had OBE for at least 20 years. I didn't want it to happen it just did. I was 12 when I had the first experience. Very frightening!
It's a hallucination> "Extreme" lucid dreaming is what I tell people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 1 min Moanz4058 64
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Kissez8098 2,064
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 92,608
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min crucifiedguy 286,021
Why Yahoo Account Showing Unusual Activities ? 9 min Cuddles6778 10
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 13 min Sugar3838 70
The Tell Payless Survey Website - www.tellpayle... (Dec '12) 22 min Fresh4226 21
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Charm7664 667,731
More from around the web