Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#637207 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
People say it all the time that this is allowed and that is allowed. They just say it in some feeble attempt to support their case. It doesn't make it true. No where in the entire Quran does it allow or encourage one to kill anyone who disgraces him, and no where in the actions of Muhammed is that found either. Where is your proof that others have praised him? And do you want each of us to publicly denounced this man? I haven't even heard of him before.
That is the most ridiculous thing that westerners expect from Muslims. They expect all 1.5 billion of us to forever be standing up and publicly denouncing every single Muslim criminal in the world. And if we don't do that, then you simply believe what the criminal has to say about Islam.
We have our own lives to lead. We can't be going on marches every time some criminal commits a crime. No society in the world does that. We do not expect the entire U.S. to go on marches and publicly denounce everytime some American commits a crime. So why do you expect that from us?
Yes, I know that to be true, TT, however, and it is likely American-controlled anti-Islam propaganda, but we seem to hear of major Imams and other top Muslim figures endorsing acts that to any sane human being are barbaric.

I suspect that the Muslim man who murdered his wife and daughter in Canada, would not be known in the world, because Canada does not get much coverage in world press, because we are a small population of people.

This man, though, and the others involved, including those who were killed, would have passed within a few hundred metres of where I live (my building can be seen from the highway they would have been on - they were murdered in the city where my son lived for 9 years while getting his medical degree and then doing 5 years of internship), as they allegedly had traveled in two vehicles to Niagara Falls, and on the return trip, the women in the one car were murdered and their car pushed into a canal, where someone discovered it not too many hours after, although the killers had returned to their home in another city.

I don't expect every Muslim to speak out, as naturally the majority would never hear these stories, but it would be nice if some major Muslims, at least in the country where that happened, had made some major denouncement of the actions of these people.

It really doesn't matter to me what Allah or the Quran state, because I don't believe in either of them anyway, but I am aware that there are a lot of Muslims in the world, and they are becoming increasingly in support of some of the atrocities committed by the few idiots. I do understand, though, that is partly due to the heavy handed way the USA responds to the atrocities.

My wife and I share one plot (of 30) in a community garden in our city, of which the majority of the people using that garden are Muslims, and those we have chatted with are very nice people. I don't have any issues with Muslims other than the whole concept and what Islam is doing to the world. I could say the same about what Christianity is doing, but I would have to be going back a century or two, because Christianity is rapidly declining and it is not overtly doing anything, other than the stupid pronouncements of the Popes (who I have no respect or tolerance for at all).
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#637208 Jul 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
the persona you post, is the most self-centered I have ever seen. it is a caricature
I disagree, Karl.

The god delusion leads to extreme narcissism when brainwashed godbots sincerely believe they are so important to have a personal relationship with their imaginary father figure in the sky.

The retarded and revolting Riverside Redneck is one of those sociopathic and narcissistic godbots to believe he has a personal relationship with his entirely imaginary friend.

Not surprisingly, he spams this forum with a plethora of definitively wrong statements on a daily basis and lacks the capacity to accept irrefutable facts in contradiction to his Christian brainwashing.

He's unquestionably one of the most psychologically disturbed godbots to ever post in this forum and should be institutionalized immediately.

I'd encourage you and everyone else to cease giving this stark raving mad insane lunatic the attention he so desperately craves.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#637209 Jul 6, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
God say...
No mythical character from any fictional book has ever uttered a single damn word. You're making a complete as of yourself on an international forums with your willful ignorance of science and personal delusions. Grow up, kid!

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#637210 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh... Ok, just stop. You're burning my eyes.
Yeah...mine too! What in the world is he thinking? Apparently, Timn has never worked hard for something only to have a "petty thief" steal it from him, sell it and buy drugs. I have...and as far as I'm concerned, that petty theif is just as bad as a bank robber, because he took something that didn't belong to him...something I worked to pay for.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#637211 Jul 6, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
unfortunately its Religion that makes good people do Evil

youll never see atheist preaching hate like religionists do

www.evilbible.com
www.thereligionofpeace.com
Two great websites that all Christian and Muslim godbots should visit.

Since: May 12

Ghana

#637212 Jul 6, 2013
Hehe i never there is modern definition of god.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I did but you're obviously too retarded to understand the modern definition of "god".
The myth you call "god" is the essential element of intelligently designed dogma based indoctrination systems to control death denying cowards like you.

“Ahoyhoy all!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#637213 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your definition of God?
The theist god, ie a creating, intervening entity who cares about what we do and the way we live our lives.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#637214 Jul 6, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Hehe i never there is modern definition of god.
Here's another definition for you:

An ex-godbot is an enlightened former religious cultist who understands the primary purpose of intelligently designed dogma based indoctrination systems, and why the mythical character of "god" and delusion of an eternal afterlife are essential to these abominations.

It's time for you to aspire to be an ex-godbot and grow up!

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#637215 Jul 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that crackheads are worried about breaking the law in the first place? They aren't. The last thing an addict is thinking about is the legality of their drug of choice. That's the point - harsh deterrents don't work,*especially* when it comes to drugs.
I didn't say that all addicts are just waiting for someone to offer help - that's one of the reasons why addiction is so difficult to treat. But the alternatives (prison/harsh drug laws) are even less effective than rehabilitation. If harsh punishments did anything at all, please explain to me why we, as a country, still abuse drugs at the same (or higher) rates than when the drug war began. Treatment may not be perfect, and it certainly doesn't work for everyone, but it's far and away better than locking people up. That only gives us older addicts.
Now to the issues of money. First, there's the inherent contradiction in complaining about money being spent on attempting to improve lives and therefore society as a whole in favor of spending money on locking people up in these "cushy" prisons you speak of, and releasing them into society no better than when they began their sentence. Second, treatment is *cheaper* than simply filling prison cells with addicts, so there goes your already flimsy argument.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/06...
In 2007 the annual cost of incarceration was 74 billion...In 2009 the annual cost of government drug abuse related costs was $468 billion....do the math.

Ghana

#637216 Jul 6, 2013
You see thats the problem with atheist, whenever they are faced with the reality that God exist they tend to runaway by making fun of themselves. Anyways double fine, try to reply maturely, i know its difficult for you but well give it shot. You never know, everything is possible.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like Men In Black 3, yes?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#637217 Jul 6, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Adults with imaginary friends are insane and should be institutionalized. You should seek professional help for your delusions immediately.
Do you ever worry about UFOs beaming you up while gazing up at that starry AZ night? Aren't you afraid they will take you to Dulce? You would be perfect to transplant a brain into.

Watch out, they can measure body and mind signatures. You would be like a blank check.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#637218 Jul 6, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of shit and you know it so stop trying to fool yourself! Provide scientific observations in support of the existence of your hypothetical eternal consciousness AND its supposed creation of the first living cell.
Science is based in reality on observations and experiments. Rational people understand the difference between scientific hypotheses, theories and laws. There's no duping involved in studying science, but you're not a rational person so lack the capacity to understand.
Yeah, ok, as soon as you provide evidence that consciousness came into existence rather than 'always being'. Where's your evidence that consciousness did not always exist?

YOU are the one that is full of sh*t. You are claiming it came into existence. I'm not claiming anything other than the FACT that no one knows whether awareness was always in existence or whether it came into existence. I'm claiming we don't know and that is a valid claim so KMA,@$$

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#637219 Jul 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
for you; I already know you are duped beyond repair.
What you are saying is unsupported by any evidence, and is sheer conjecture. You can make any claim you want like that, but it has no meaning. Yes you are the whack job making a claim that is backed up by nothing. You can say there is no backside to the sun , and it has the same scientific weight...none.
Yes we can say "what if" about anything , what if there is a Russell's teapot? What if?

The evidence is that consciousness has a direct relationship with the development of life and evolved with it period.
Hey, sh*t@$$, I'm not saying anything that resembles a factual claim. I'm saying we don't know whether awareness was always in existence and you are claiming that you have some sort of evidence that it came into existence.

Ghana

#637220 Jul 6, 2013
You never give answers, your only belittling yourself by thinking your very enlightened and smart. I wish you luck man. The smartter you think your the more ignorant you become and the more ignorant you become the pitiful you are and the more pitiful you are the funnier you are.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's another definition for you:
An ex-godbot is an enlightened former religious cultist who understands the primary purpose of intelligently designed dogma based indoctrination systems, and why the mythical character of "god" and delusion of an eternal afterlife are essential to these abominations.
It's time for you to aspire to be an ex-godbot and grow up!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#637221 Jul 6, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, ok, as soon as you provide evidence that consciousness came into existence rather than 'always being'. Where's your evidence that consciousness did not always exist?
YOU are the one that is full of sh*t. You are claiming it came into existence. I'm not claiming anything other than the FACT that no one knows whether awareness was always in existence or whether it came into existence. I'm claiming we don't know and that is a valid claim so KMA,@$$
You fail to understand, "consciousness" is merely a description of the base functions of the brain. That's it, no magic needed.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#637222 Jul 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...mine too! What in the world is he thinking? Apparently, Timn has never worked hard for something only to have a "petty thief" steal it from him, sell it and buy drugs. I have...and as far as I'm concerned, that petty theif is just as bad as a bank robber, because he took something that didn't belong to him...something I worked to pay for.
Apparently not. Maybe some "petty thief" should break into his locked house and steal his TV so he'll understand.

Maybe he can visit the petty thief in jail and offer assistance because the thief was just trying to feed his family.......

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637223 Jul 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know that to be true, TT, however, and it is likely American-controlled anti-Islam propaganda, but we seem to hear of major Imams and other top Muslim figures endorsing acts that to any sane human being are barbaric.
I suspect that the Muslim man who murdered his wife and daughter in Canada, would not be known in the world, because Canada does not get much coverage in world press, because we are a small population of people.
This man, though, and the others involved, including those who were killed, would have passed within a few hundred metres of where I live (my building can be seen from the highway they would have been on - they were murdered in the city where my son lived for 9 years while getting his medical degree and then doing 5 years of internship), as they allegedly had traveled in two vehicles to Niagara Falls, and on the return trip, the women in the one car were murdered and their car pushed into a canal, where someone discovered it not too many hours after, although the killers had returned to their home in another city.
I don't expect every Muslim to speak out, as naturally the majority would never hear these stories, but it would be nice if some major Muslims, at least in the country where that happened, had made some major denouncement of the actions of these people.
It really doesn't matter to me what Allah or the Quran state, because I don't believe in either of them anyway, but I am aware that there are a lot of Muslims in the world, and they are becoming increasingly in support of some of the atrocities committed by the few idiots. I do understand, though, that is partly due to the heavy handed way the USA responds to the atrocities.
My wife and I share one plot (of 30) in a community garden in our city, of which the majority of the people using that garden are Muslims, and those we have chatted with are very nice people. I don't have any issues with Muslims other than the whole concept and what Islam is doing to the world. I could say the same about what Christianity is doing, but I would have to be going back a century or two, because Christianity is rapidly declining and it is not overtly doing anything, other than the stupid pronouncements of the Popes (who I have no respect or tolerance for at all).
So you want a high profile Canadian Muslim to denounce these acts? As far as other Canadian Muslims are concerned, the guy and his family were simply criminals. I live in South Africa. Muslims are a minority group here. No one here ever expects the rest of us to do anything whenever we hear of some psychopath who happens to be Muslim committing a crime. To the Non-Muslims, we are all South Africans, and the psychopaths are psychopaths. They belong in a mental asylum. The criminals belong in jail. And that's the end of it. And if they are psychopaths or criminals, no one cares what religion they invoke. They are the bottom of the barrel of society.

Imam are just imams. Some are looney, some are not. We don't have an equivalent of a pope in Islam. And in the middle east, if you are seeing a looney imam on TV, you must realise just how terrible and looney the secular dictator before him was, that the looney imam is actually seen as sane by the people.

“Listen to the sounds”

#637224 Jul 6, 2013
Ahoyhoy wrote:
<quoted text>
The theist god, ie a creating, intervening entity who cares about what we do and the way we live our lives.
Ok, thanks for your definition. It is something we can discuss.

You perceive a god to be the Creator. I share the same perception. I believe in a Creator and my evidence is the ordered universe all around me and within me. Everything is ordered, testable, manipulable, and sensible. The order around me and within me is highly complex, elegant and thus to me it evident of an Intelligent Creator. What lack of evidence do you see?

An intervening entity? Intervening in what? You seem to have the notion that there is nature, and there is God, and God seems to be intervening in nature. That is weird to me, since if God exists, then it means God created nature. Nature is part of God.

One who cares what we do, and the way we live our lives. This is indeed a matter of belief. There is no verifiable evidence of this. This is simply what I and all theists choose to believe. Evidence is typically of a non-scientific nature, and hence not testable. The emotional reasons aside, it is usually a philosophical position. Sometimes its about life in the face of certain death, or success in the face of certain failure. Sometimes it is religious texts which perhaps cause one to think and reflect, revealing a surprisingly higher level of logic. All that is up for criticism of course, but that is the way it is.

“Listen to the sounds”

#637225 Jul 6, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, crime and corruption run rampant in thailand. Deterrents do not work.
It's not as simple as that. It depends on the enforcement of the deterrent and the approach. If law enforcement itself is corrupt, then it doesn't matter how harsh the law is.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#637226 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not as simple as that. It depends on the enforcement of the deterrent and the approach. If law enforcement itself is corrupt, then it doesn't matter how harsh the law is.
Very true.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Gods r Delusions ... 573,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Pegasus 268,831
gigolo 24 min vikar pijat erotis 6
Casual Dating in Your Area 26 min AnythingYouWant 3
Moses never existed 31 min KiMare 1,272
CAPE TOWN: Lesbian/Bisexual Women Whatsapp (Feb '14) 41 min het4u 19
Charles Smith 1 hr Marlene and Holly 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Naked Truth from ... 608,142
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 16 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web