Prove there's a god.

“It's a warrior's desire”

Since: Apr 11

Sydney

#637455 Jul 6, 2013
Firstly a book will be written by the "first" person who may well be the only one who saw it. Next the book becomes "revered" and people will follow presuming they know what it is. They will take on the roll of "Religious" leaders and preach the Word of Object. Finally wars will start by those who don't "believe" in the object ... sounds familiar.
undercontrolgh wrote:
Dear Dave,
I congratulate you for taking the time to think very well about this subject because most people are christian because their parents are and same for Muslims and others religions.

you have taking the time to search for the truth. Lets start of from scratch. Lets suppose there is an unidentifiable object that no one has ever seen. no human being has any idea what this object is. Who is the first person , who will be able to tell you the mechanism of this new object which no one in the world has seen?
<quoted text>

“It's a warrior's desire”

Since: Apr 11

Sydney

#637456 Jul 6, 2013
From my NDE, the illusion seems to have a common thread to it. The tunnel, the light, life flashing before your eyes stuff. But I wish to make it abundantly clear, after the initial experience there was an eternal darkness, nothing. Sorry everyone, no afterlife so enjoy what you have now, no second chances at it was that last horrific "thought" realization or whatever it was that snapped me back to life much to the Doctors amazement.
So, go ahead and judge with "peanuts" etc etc but when the time comes, remember what I just said as you fizzle into oblivion.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Interview with NDE researcher and AWARE Project leader explores limits of experiments on near-death experience.
parnia-bookJoin Skeptiko host Alex Tsakiris for an interview with the NDE expert and author of, What Happens When We Die?, Dr. Sam Parnia. During the interview Dr. Parnia is asked why he suspects NDE is an “illusion”, and a “trick of the mind”. When pressed, Dr Parnia stated,“…It may well be. You’re pushing and I’m giving you honest answers. I don’t know. If I knew the answers then I don’t think I would have engaged and spent 12 years of my life and so much of my medical reputation to try to do this. Because to appreciate people like me, I risk a lot by doing this sort of experiment. So I’m interested in the answers and I don’t know. Like I said, if I was to base everything on the knowledge that I have currently of neuroscience, then the easiest explanation is that this is probably an illusion.”
http://www.skeptiko.com/sam-parnia-claims-nea...
So much for consciousness surviving out of body.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#637457 Jul 6, 2013
Aussie Kev wrote:
From my NDE, the illusion seems to have a common thread to it. The tunnel, the light, life flashing before your eyes stuff. But I wish to make it abundantly clear, after the initial experience there was an eternal darkness, nothing. Sorry everyone, no afterlife so enjoy what you have now, no second chances at it was that last horrific "thought" realization or whatever it was that snapped me back to life much to the Doctors amazement.
So, go ahead and judge with "peanuts" etc etc but when the time comes, remember what I just said as you fizzle into oblivion.
<quoted text>
So it was like every Saturday night, then?

I'm good with that.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#637458 Jul 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The United States almost single handedly defeated
Japan in the South Pacific, with novel help from Australia, in the three largest sea battles ever fought on the planet, along with island wars at the expense of tens of thousands of men.
Yeah.

Also, the knockout blow came in the form of two nukes. But thkse were in the days before ICBM's, Stealh Submarines and Bombers. You har to get in close to drop the nuke. You had to do it the ol' fashioned way. Drive the Japanese back, bit by bit until you are within range. Then throw your haymaker.

No, there is no question that the US was winning the war in the pacific, nukes or not.

#637459 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Germans or the Japanese didn't have M1 rifles. That was one of the biggest game changers of the war.
Perhaps the two hundred gajiilion Russian soldiers, too?

#637460 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Nowhere did I imply the age of the earth. Nowhere. You're making false accusations, scarscar.
For the scarscar record, I believe that Adam was probably the first modern human to exist, after millions of years of evolution, started by God.
Few questions:

1) Define "modern human"
2) You do know that a population with only one breeding pair will die out, yes?
3) There is never any real 'first'. Like dinosaurs into birds... Where would the 'first' bird be? We have fossils of the protobirds (Archaeoptryx, Shenzoraptor, etc), but what we see there is species being more 'bird like'. To actually pinpoint on the first of a species is an impossibility

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#637461 Jul 6, 2013
Aussie Kev wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.

Some stable somewhere

#637462 Jul 6, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Few questions:
1) Define "modern human"
2) You do know that a population with only one breeding pair will die out, yes?
3) There is never any real 'first'. Like dinosaurs into birds... Where would the 'first' bird be? We have fossils of the protobirds (Archaeoptryx, Shenzoraptor, etc), but what we see there is species being more 'bird like'. To actually pinpoint on the first of a species is an impossibility
Species are arbitrary, culturally constructed categories. They don't exist in nature.
RR doesn't understand this, and so thinks that the human lineage had a first.
It's a very naive point of view. Sorry, RR. Not a single person who actually understands genetics would assume there was a "first" of any species.

Some stable somewhere

#637463 Jul 6, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Also, the knockout blow came in the form of two nukes. But thkse were in the days before ICBM's, Stealh Submarines and Bombers. You har to get in close to drop the nuke. You had to do it the ol' fashioned way. Drive the Japanese back, bit by bit until you are within range. Then throw your haymaker.
No, there is no question that the US was winning the war in the pacific, nukes or not.
Japan was defeated before the nuking. It's manufacturing base was already lost, it had no ships for fishing, it's timber was in ruins, and it's farmland couldn't produce enough - peasants were starving, what cities that remained were soon to follow.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#637464 Jul 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Species are arbitrary, culturally constructed categories. They don't exist in nature.
It's a very naive point of view. Sorry, RR. Not a single person who actually understands genetics would assume there was a "first" of any species.
Really?

So, I'm like all the rest?

Dammit, that makes my losing the Intergalactic Space Phone even more embarrassing.

I think Dave has it.

#637465 Jul 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding!!

Is it you, or is Double Fine seeing things??

*Coats Hiding with Double Fine musk*

Since: Jul 13

Khan Na Yao, Thailand

#637466 Jul 7, 2013
there is a God, and it's Ken!

#637467 Jul 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan was defeated before the nuking. It's manufacturing base was already lost, it had no ships for fishing, it's timber was in ruins, and it's farmland couldn't produce enough - peasants were starving, what cities that remained were soon to follow.
Agreed.

It would have taken longer without the nukes, but defeat would have followed.

Double Fine is glad he did not have to make that call, though. Unleashing a weapon like that... It is a moral dilemma.

Did you miss your favourite gwailo (hope I have the word right!)

Oh... H! H! H!

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#637468 Jul 7, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

I watched a documentary about the island wars, the Japanese stormed machinegun nests, and died by the thousands. They said they couldn't believe they would just keep attacking, and they stacked them up like cords of wood. He then said we couldn't think like they were human , if we had we would have gone insane.

I think this is why they dropped the bomb, a ground invasion would have failed. Or taken years and killed millions. They were scared of that kind of bravery.
Foolish but brave, it's kinda sad really.

BTW hello hiding we missed you.

#637469 Jul 7, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So, I'm like all the rest?
Dammit, that makes my losing the Intergalactic Space Phone even more embarrassing.
I think Dave has it.
Oh no, you are very special.

Step inside Double Fine's dimly lit office and we will, err, dicuss it there.

Leave the space gun behind, though.

#637470 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched a documentary about the island wars, the Japanese stormed machinegun nests, and died by the thousands. They said they couldn't believe they would just keep attacking, and they stacked them up like cords of wood. He then said we couldn't think like they were human , if we had we would have gone insane.
I think this is why they dropped the bomb, a ground invasion would have failed. Or taken years and killed millions. They were scared of that kind of bravery.
Foolish but brave, it's kinda sad really.
BTW hello hiding we missed you.
*dominance display*

Hiding... Mine... You... Impostor!

*aggressive stance*

Since: Jul 13

Khan Na Yao, Thailand

#637471 Jul 7, 2013
anybody know where the 'worst CD posters' thread is ???

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#637472 Jul 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Dumb atheist.
Darkness: the partial or total absence of light.
<quoted text>
Dumb atheist.
Light: The natural agent that stimulates and makes things visible; a source of illumination.
trivial definitions not suited to the discussion, the kind of thing one would expect from the undereducated.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#637473 Jul 7, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, you are very special.
Step inside Double Fine's dimly lit office and we will, err, dicuss it there.
Leave the space gun behind, though.
Again?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#637474 Jul 7, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
*dominance display*
Hiding... Mine... You... Impostor!
*aggressive stance*
Have you gone loopy?
I know.... it must be that young buck in the rut syndrome.

heheheh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min YOUR FATHER LOVES... 56,344
Kristen Bell shares photos from her wedding to ... 2 min Kristen Bell 1
bambam 5 min brandy trujillo 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Pad 649,894
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Student 44,926
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min Toby 106,057
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,475
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 8 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web