|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you were never unemployed, how did you stop being a construction worker, then not long afterwards, a salesman?
Hi Line :)

Hey what is your agenda? How come you post here?

Just curious to know.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You can invent your own terminology for god and eternal life. There's no scientific evidence in support of such inane delusions. Cowardice is attempting to create your own reality to fit your personal delusions.
If you would bother to pay attention (this is where usually you stop reading) you'd know I said I am not creating a reality to suit my needs or desires because I would rather believe the opposite of what I believe. I'd rather cease to exist than have to deal with eternity. Why should I care what the true nature of reality is when I cannot do anything about it? It is what it is, just like you are incapable of paying attention and opening your mind to anything. You however allow yourself to be duped by science the same way the religious allow religion to dupe them. Anyone ever hear of 'middle of the road' around here?

Since: May 12

Accra, Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

I am not a christian. I am a muslim. Read about islam it may take you from the darkness to the light. May god enlighten you.
sweets2360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gen 9:21 And he drank of the wine, and was drunken, and he was uncovered within his tent. 22: And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.
23: And Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father, and their faces were backward and they saw not their fathers nakedness. 24: And Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his younger son had done unto him. 25:And he said, Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall be he unto his brethren.
What a crock. He was drunk and blamed his youngest son for walking into the tent and seeing his drunken ass? That's bible justice for you. Blame the victim.
He was a drunk.....Don't you read the bible?

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
I am not a christian. I am a muslim. Read about islam it may take you from the darkness to the light. May god enlighten you.
<quoted text>
They're stupid and ignorant. They like to assume everyone who's opposed to them is Christian because Christians are all they're really against it seems. Or maybe because it's the only religion they know about. But I'd like to see them try to do away with Mohammad's gods so I can see their atheists asses get their arse's kicked.

“Ahoyhoy all!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is a crude plagiarism of the Jewish faith expounded by an illiterate epileptic preacher called Mohammed. Its belief requires the suspension of reason to the extent that the most naive child would struggle to command. Islam sits alongside Scientology and Heavens Gate as one of the least credible religion. Oh, and Jin don't really exist and Mohammed didn't fly to Miraj on a flying donkey. It simply didn't happen. Your belief system is bogus and you are wasting your life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
But how about on the surface of Mercury and Venus, would you go as far as to say it is conscious? The acidic mess of a surface that Venus has, where no life can ever be sustained, would you say it is possible for it to be conscious?
How about molecules found on Charon the moon of Pluto (granted, it is a gloried chunk of rock in space). Would individual molecules/atoms have consciousness?
That's the whole point. I cannot go as far as to say such things. I told you that I am atheist regarding that idea; I have no belief on it. MAYBE molecules possess some ASPECT of consciousness, which would be DIFFERENT than possessing the SUM of the qualities of consciousness that we ASSOCIATE with sentient life.

POint is it doesn't matter what anyone believes; still, NO ONE can say that science is allowed to claim that it is more probable that consciousness came into existence rather than always being in existence. Why is that so hard to understand?
No time, no space. Only energy. No gravity
And you know this, because you were there, at the BB, observing it? You have no clue as to the nature/structure of existence at the current time, so how can you assume to know anything about it 14 billion years ago? You may as well believe in Yahweh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:

You're the one duped my friend, you say say you don't even know what it is ,but make broad sweeping claims about it.
And it is a fact you don't have to know anything to make claims.
You do it over and over again. Of course we know what the simplest life forms are, there is a *exact criteria to the definition of life. It simply has to meet those definitions, and the simplest forms of life existed billions of years before complex life did.

I realized before you have only a philosophical reasoning of things. You also try to elevate certain things out of bounds, but you can't do that. Just because YOU don't understand these things doesn't mean there aren't people who do understand them.
Hopefully you will come to realize that eventually.
*I* make broad sweeping claims about it? You're a lying turd. I am the one saying that we know nothing tangible about it. I *believe* things about while you claim to *know* things about it. Who's the whackjob here? I don't care what you say, there's no way that science can say that there is a higher probability that awareness came into existence rather than always being in existence. I don't mind typing that over and over ad over while you purposely ignore what I am saying. I'm not typing it for you; I already know you are duped beyond repair.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Ahoyhoy wrote:
<quoted text>
7. Yes, but where's the mountain?
8. Sounds a bit insecure this god?
9. So let's not call it free will. Let's call it what it is...unsolicited inclusion in a divine game. I feel sorry for those people who choose to commit suicide. Not only did they not ask to live, but they end up living lives so intolerable that they end it all and...finally end up in hell. Great thing this free will eh?
10....and what of the emotional impact on Abraham's son to have his father wield a knife to him? Presumably that was all in God's plan? If so, he sounds like a right twat...
7. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Sinai
It's not that big. But there are much smaller mountains. In hebrew and arabic, there is just one word "jabal". It can refer to anything from a hill 2 storeys high to a huge mountain.

8. I wouldn't think so. I cannot profess to know how God feels.

9. It depends on circumstances. For some, it is depression, a psychological illness that makes them suicidal. For others, it is simple attention seeking. For others, it is a seriously intolerable life. God will judge each persons case.

10. I'm not sure of the Biblical narrative, but the Islamic version of it is that Abraham's son was just as enthusiastic to obey God's command. The story is quite highly celebrated in Islam, with aspects of it observed during the Hajj.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
How would we make consciousness a tangible thing? By creating it ourselves? By understanding it? Why are we not allowed to assume anything about it until we make it "tangible?"
Usually one cannot assume that something came into existence when we haven't a clue. You can interpret science anyway you want, it's too bad you are corrupting it by giving it your own meaning. And I get accused of creating reality. You people are creating your own interpretations of the science that exists and the science that exists is not able to even approach the nature of consciousness/awareness, yet you claim it does.
Must we discover the graviton and invent artificial gravity before we can assume that gravity has something to do with mass?
Yeah maybe so. We cannot assume that mass causes gravity until we know it does. You can believe it does but you can't claim it as the most probable scenario until you know what it is. It is ASSOCIATED but who knows what the whole deal is? Inasmuch as gravity is associated with mass it has 'that' to do with it, but that is only an association. But that does not help in assuming a cause.
I think it's a safe assumption that consciousness is an emergent property of life. Not definite by any means, but reasonable.
Yea that's a reasonable statement, but not any more reasonable than saying it was always in existence; we just have no evidence to make it lean one way or the other. I don't get how you can't understand that.

“Listen to the sounds”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Ahoyhoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is a crude plagiarism of the Jewish faith expounded by an illiterate epileptic preacher called Mohammed. Its belief requires the suspension of reason to the extent that the most naive child would struggle to command. Islam sits alongside Scientology and Heavens Gate as one of the least credible religion. Oh, and Jin don't really exist and Mohammed didn't fly to Miraj on a flying donkey. It simply didn't happen. Your belief system is bogus and you are wasting your life.
Evidently you did not read the Quran or do any objective study of Islam for that matter.

You seem like a gnostic atheist. How do you know jin do not exist? How do you know Muhammed did not go on the journey of Meraj? You are asserting such claims. The one who asserts the claim must prove the claim.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in Jesus, God, because of the historical evidence.
I am on this thread though, in order to attack Riverside Redneck, a child abuser.
I wouldn't waste my time posting here hun if I were you. Atheists are too hard headed. Only thing that's gonna get through their head is a bullet if they keep on....

You see I've been gone for days. No point in trying to talk to these morons. They wont listen to you. It's a waste of time. I came back to see if there were any new like-minded people I can make friends with. Apparently the thread just got flooded with more atheists. But I found me some blogs made by people who think like me where I can spend my time exchanging thoughts. You should do the same.:/

“Listen to the sounds”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Ahoyhoy wrote:
<quoted text>
And to top it all, you presume to know what people should do with their life. Thank God you are not in any position of power. Wo knows what Stalinist state you'll impose.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
Gravity is the weakest force in the universe, yet it is in perfect balance.
Gravity wasn't created by your imaginary friend. Once again, you're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately.

“Truth and kindness”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read many parts of the Quaran, but islam also follows the same God of Abraham and the old testament.

I have no use for a god who condones mass murder, slavery and oppression of women and children. I don't believe in women covering every inch of their bodies because men cant be trusted, or selling your daughter to the man who can put up the biggest dowery to make yourself have a better standing in your community or killing and maiming your daughter because she may run away or refuse to be married to a possible 50 yo pervert she doesn't love.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have said not that long ago that you don't live in California.
Don't use daft humour, to carm yourself down, or other silly words, to divert your attention from the stress or panic.
Lol, stress? What stress?

If you think I said that I don't live in California, find the post or drop it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you were never unemployed, how did you stop being a construction worker, then not long afterwards, a salesman?
It's pretty simple, dude.

On a Friday I was in construction and the following Monday I had my new job.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
<quoted text>Well i guess now you heard!
Yeah.

It didn't convince me before.

It does now.

Who'd a thunk?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So?

I'm also 100% certain that my wife loves me dearly.

It's a belief with certainty.
You seem confused.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
You however allow yourself to be duped by science the same way the religious allow religion to dupe them.
You're full of shit and you know it so stop trying to fool yourself! Provide scientific observations in support of the existence of your hypothetical eternal consciousness AND its supposed creation of the first living cell.

Science is based in reality on observations and experiments. Rational people understand the difference between scientific hypotheses, theories and laws. There's no duping involved in studying science, but you're not a rational person so lack the capacity to understand.

“Ahoyhoy all!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
7. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Sinai
It's not that big. But there are much smaller mountains. In hebrew and arabic, there is just one word "jabal". It can refer to anything from a hill 2 storeys high to a huge mountain.
8. I wouldn't think so. I cannot profess to know how God feels.
9. It depends on circumstances. For some, it is depression, a psychological illness that makes them suicidal. For others, it is simple attention seeking. For others, it is a seriously intolerable life. God will judge each persons case.
10. I'm not sure of the Biblical narrative, but the Islamic version of it is that Abraham's son was just as enthusiastic to obey God's command. The story is quite highly celebrated in Islam, with aspects of it observed during the Hajj.
7. That can't be it...the scriptures teach that Mount Sinai is somewhere in north Saudi Arabia.
8. We do know how god feels though...the evidence is in the Bible. He's a jealous, vengeful, cruel egotist who expects those who believe in him to praise him for eternity.
9. Regardless of the circumstances, what they all have in common is the need to exit god's capricious plan.
10. It just gets creepier and creepier....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 604,581 - 604,600 of717,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

467 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min ChristineM 223,314
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Free Download Full Ver... 19 min awaka 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min seriously the original 5,186
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min scirocco 114,700
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min RoSesz 530,354
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min AussieBobby 255,765
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 31 min gikoooo4 349
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 171,520
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••