Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#637383 Jul 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave the word meaning from the language it was originally written in, Greek.
Lets look again...
scaritual wrote:
In the original Greek, the meaning for the translated word was:
"the Almighty, All-Powerful, Omnipotent (One) only of God"
The fonts won't show here, so I gave only the translated word.
That came from BibleWorks 9.0 http://www.bibleworks.com/ .
The translation is from the BGT, more information here: http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/index.php...
The word in the language it is said to be written in, is "Omnipotent", certainly.
If you'd followed the links and did a little research on your own, then read up a little you wouldn't look so foolish right now.
More info.
"Written in Koine Greek, its title is derived from the first word of the text, apokalypsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation". The author of the work identifies himself in the text as "John" and says that he was on Patmos, an island in the Aegean, when he "heard a great voice" instructing him to write the book." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelat...
The translation for the word used, in Koine Greek, means:
"the Almighty, All-Powerful, Omnipotent (One) only of God"
Your original links were useless to me, as you need a pc or Mac to even use it.

And yes, I see your definition: Almighty, All-Powerful, Omnipotent (One) only of God.

What do you suppose the "(One)" is there for, hmmm?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637384 Jul 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, I never use the KJV unless it's for contrast, and then I generally include 2-3 or more versions from other translations, as I'm sure you are aware.
Usually, yes you do.

But in this case you refuse to. Revelation 19:6 only works for your argument if you use the KJV.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#637385 Jul 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Into the La Brea Tar Pits? When they holler "help!) throw them a cannon ball. heheheh
That's where I'm heading to tomorrow btw...
Then to see World War Z.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637386 Jul 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man...we really think alike...I just left a post before seeing this that says the same thing. Didn't think about the sterilization...but that definitely needs done.
I know it sounds evil and Hitler-esque, but sterilization of the lanes of society would be beneficial to all, ESPECIALLY to the starving kids that would no longer need to be starving.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#637387 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then take the children away. Use the money that was gonna go to the drug addict parents and use it to fund the orphanages.
Then either sterilize or euthanize the 'parents'...
Then we'll have entire portions of our population that are institutionalized, from birth or an early age, and will be accustomed to being provided for.

Plus, your suggestion sounds Orwellian.

Christianity certainly doesn't want that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637388 Jul 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed.
As a matter of fact, RiversideRedneck, by pointing to that hypothesis, that "Adam" wrote Genesis, has tied himself somewhat to the literal biblical fundamentalist belief that the earth is 10,000 years old or less.
There's a good chance he didn't read the link he supplied, however, and has no idea that is what was included as part of the 'hypothesis".
No.

Nowhere did I imply the age of the earth. Nowhere. You're making false accusations, scarscar.

For the scarscar record, I believe that Adam was probably the first modern human to exist, after millions of years of evolution, started by God.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#637389 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw how noble, they helped the Muslims against the Soviets. The U.S. and the Soviets were having their own scuffles over being the dominant military power and controlling major resource reserves.
And you claims about the world view on Muslims is nothing but your own wishful thinking. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, the fastest growing in Europe and possibly the U.S. as well. The most common profile of a muslim convert is a western European woman. Tourism in the middle east has never been higher even despite the unrest in some countries. And investment has never been higher either. There has been an explosion in interest in Islam and Muslims, with Islam being one of the most documented faiths in the world. Even despite all the negative publicity, Islam is growing faster than ever before.
The Arabs own perhaps half of London, including the tallest building in Europe, the Shard. I find it very sick of you to dismiss the poor ones as expendable. The developed world is built on the backs of the poor. Cut them off, and you chop your own legs. And there will always be people who want other people dead.
We are not afraid of death in any case. I need not pray about anyones weapons technology. You may have this world.
Call us what you want. Your opinion matters not. It only reveals your ignorance of socio-economic world issues.
I would say that your point of Islam rapidly expanding in the West is highly over-stated, TT. Yes, they are increasing in the poor countries where they predominately reside anyway, and that is mainly due to more births, and the fact that a Muslim has a very difficult road to travel should he decide to not be a Muslim, at least in some places. While I would not support any form of discrimination against Muslims, because they are Muslims, the West will never let Islam take over here, except if that happens with military forces, and that isn't going to happen that way for a very long time.

Hopefully, by then those from Muslim countries who move to non-Muslim countries will start to see the good of being a westerner without being a Muslim, and Islam, like Christianity will die a very necessary death. So necessary, that the ultimate future of humans on this earth depends on that. Humans cannot continue to live lives controlled by magical thinking and invisible deities, and as is happening rapidly in the west, as we become better educated, we are moving away from that kind of thinking. Religions have some earthy benefits for their adherents but the negatives far exceed the benefits when looking at the whole world.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637390 Jul 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
George S. Patton, Jr. said that the M1 was; "the greatest single battle implement ever devised by man."
Thank Science for the greatest single battle implement ever devised by man.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637392 Jul 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we'll have entire portions of our population that are institutionalized, from birth or an early age, and will be accustomed to being provided for.
Plus, your suggestion sounds Orwellian.
Christianity certainly doesn't want that.
You think it's better for those kids to be left in the inept care of their drug addict 'parents' instead of a well-funded orphanage?

Besides, if the sterilization started today, those problems would be gone in one generation.

It's far-fetched and a pipe dream, I know. But what else do we do about those people?

Location hidden

#637393 Jul 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 'lunatics' carried out a very complex plan that involved some of them coming to the states and learning how to fly the particular plane they were going to take over and fly into the buildings.
Also they had the backing of Saudi Arabia.
Sadly Saudi Arabia is probably one of the most evil countries in the Muslim world, but very necessary for the USA to stay on good terms with. No country should have been attacked after 911, but if attacking a country was going to happen anyway, then it should have been Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan and Iraq.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#637395 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, oops. That should read "wouldn't have won"

Impossible.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#637396 Jul 6, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You like butch women who do all the masculine work for you?
Proper men like doing work, they like being masculine, and doing masculine work, and they enjoy females admiring them for it!
The only thing we see is you admiring yourself, do you feel masculine for it?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#637397 Jul 6, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
But that ship was just lucky it survived.
Yep, everyone that went to war and came back can say that....

Location hidden

#637398 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Unless you can demonstrate the Adam wasn't the first homo-sapien.......
Come now, RR, show a little intelligence. There is no possible way that there could be even a shred of truth to the Adam and Eve myth. That is a known fact.

Location hidden

#637399 Jul 6, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you're just blind to it or if or what...but the children are going hungry anyway...and they're also learning the tricks of their parents trade...furthering the cycle. The government could spend the checks they were once giving the drug abusing parents on institutions that employ well trained people to care for them. As it is, most orphanages are funded by states or organizations that don't have the funds to adequately employ trained caregivers. They could mandate adoption procedures and costs that would allow good people, who aren't loaded, to actually adopt the children whose parents never attempt to rehabilitate. There are numerous answers or at the least, options to the problems that arise regarding the kids...but allowing them to stay in the home with drug abusers and providing the drug abusers with continued money is definitely not the best choice.
Lemme get this clear....

So institutionalization of the parents and the children of those parents is your solution?

Sounds like prisons, for both the parent and the children.

I think it was you that mentioned in an earlier post -(correct me if it wasn't)- that you had a friend that contemplated the "easy life" of prison for retirement, and it didn't sound too bad to you either.

I wonder what those children will decide?

As far as adoption goes for older children, that is a dismal outlook for those kids. Family splits(siblings separated etc...).
http://tinyurl.com/lv8xroy (google url)

I've got to point out, everything you've mentioned seems like it requires more "nanny state" govt. intrusions into our lives, because, if it's okay to take the children of those people who abuse the system and have addiction problems, then where does it stop?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#637400 Jul 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly Saudi Arabia is probably one of the most evil countries in the Muslim world, but very necessary for the USA to stay on good terms with. No country should have been attacked after 911, but if attacking a country was going to happen anyway, then it should have been Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan and Iraq.

Boots the King of Saudi Arabia was in the US when it happened.
He received presidential protection to return to his own country.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#637401 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't even be so bold as to say 1%. I'm not sure anyone is qualified to predict a percentage. Thing is, often we don't know something because we don't even know it is out there to know. We are just not aware, it didn't occur to us, the question did not register in our minds as yet.
Exactly. But out of generosity, let's give 1%. So my question is to atheists and agnostics:

If the human race can only claim 1% knowledge out of the total of 100% that has existed in human history, then that means there is 99% we don't know.

If we don't know 99%, is it possible that God exists within that 99% of total knowledge?

Location hidden

#637402 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your original links were useless to me, as you need a pc or Mac to even use it.
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And yes, I see your definition: Almighty, All-Powerful, Omnipotent (One) only of God.
It isn't *my* definition.

It's the word used in the Koine Greek manuscript.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What do you suppose the "(One)" is there for, hmmm?
Sorta blows the majority of Christianities Yahweh/Jesus/Holy Spirit - triune - hypothesis out of the water, huh.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#637404 Jul 6, 2013
whack job waaaz up wrote:
cowardly
You've openly acknowledged being a religiously retarded redneck in a death-denying hate cult that's become the most divisive political force in the history of this country in flagrant violation of the First Amendment. You demonstrate with each of your inane self-degrading posts that you're one of the greatest whack jobs to ever post in this forum.

As a willfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted imbecilic sociopathic punk, you're a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell without a single socially redeemable quality. You should be sterilized and institutionalized for the rest of your absolutely worthless life.
waaaz up

London, KY

#637405 Jul 6, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's irrefutable historical fact that organized religion is a hoax created to control death-denying cowards who are perfectly willing to live as slaves to Dark Ages dogma and desperately cling to their inane delusions of eternal salvation.
Liar, "Flagged Spam".....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Drumpf Disaster 2,205
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min nanoanomaly 118,654
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr worthless crap 678,643
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr worthless crap 46,208
The Catholic and Moslem debate 2 hr worthless crap 3
white supremacist freemasons 2 hr worthless crap 6
More from around the web