Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#637238 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>It was me, boooots. I wasn't signed in, just doin a quickie :)

It is theorized that Adam wrote the first parts of genesis. I don't know if you care to find out, but here's an interesting article about it.

http://www.british-israel.ca/Genesis.htm#.Udg...
Adam who?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637239 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>COnsulting an islamophobic website for knowledge on Islam? Where is your objectivity? Where is your shame?

Most of those verses came in the context of the Muslims in Medina being under attack by pagan armies often up to 3 times in number. Those verses were battle strategies. It wasn't anything new of radically different from wars at that time. If a small army is under attack by a large army, the only way for the small army to prevail is to become absolutely barbaric against the large army, to make the individuals in that army afraid and lose all taste for battle.

I see many of those other verses are for treason as well, committed by the hypocrites of Medina who were feeding the pagan army information on how to attack Medina.

Perhaps read up a bit about the psychology and rules of war, then you'll understand. The reason why Islam grew so rapidly was because of the fairness and mercy Muhammed showed towards his enemies. This doesn't mean he was some flower child, but he was incredibly merciful and diplomatic in the context of war.
Just pointing out the error of your previous statement.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637240 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You think the US government favors the Christian God?
Yes.

Absolutely.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#637241 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you make them miserable enough, people are going to start getting killed. A lot of them non violent offenders.
And if you spend less money on luxuries for the prisoners and more on prison guards...there would be more monitoring to prevent prison violence and more jobs for the people who actually contribute to society. If we're gonna spend like mad, let's at least use it wisely.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637242 Jul 6, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE WRONG!
I studied theology and also the Quran in college...you are taking the verses out of CONTEXT!
They were in the midst of WAR< and being attacked FIRST!
The ONLY time they are allowed (in the Quran) to KILL non believers is if they are being attacked FIRST!
If a group of people came to YOUR country, and tried to kill you...you'd fight them back to...eh?
If somebody is persecuting and fighting a group of people, they have a right to resist or fight back. That is a right recognized by all almost all systems, and it should not be considered as a call for violence. The next two verses say:
This verse should clear everything up for you:
Quran 2 191
And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
[2.192] But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
[2.193] And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.
So if they desist, Muslims should do the same.
SEE??????
O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people.- 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding.- 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land.- 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers.- 9:2-3

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637243 Jul 6, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I studied the Quran in College...you are absolutely CORRECT! Thank you for writing this!
Although I do not agree with the Muslim religion, I promote TRUTH!
...and that's the truth :)
So why did we deserve 9/11.

I'm sure there are many reasons.

I'm guessing you and TT feel that was justified? Certainly many Muslims did.

And don't think I'm painting the US as a saint, but was 9/11 somehow justified?

And please, don't insult me by claiming it was a tiny percentage of radicals. A tiny percentage of more than a billion is a LOT of radicals.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Location hidden

#637244 Jul 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you before the evidence IS that consciousness emerged with the formation of the neural networks and associated brain functions.
This is the prevalent thought of scholars throughout the scientific world, and the basis of relevant study into all fields related.
The question is not if this is true, but when exactly did it come to be, the answer to that is unknown, but one hypothesis puts it as the cause of the Cambrian explosion. But to put it before life evolved is asking if it existed before the Earth itself. Now this maybe so, but until we find extraterrestrial life that existed before Earth. Is without a doubt putting the cart before the horse.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12662512
http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/penrose-h...
You just don't get it, but that's ok. I'm pretty much done. Consider that, in every reply you post, you are making assumptions about consciousness/awareness that you cannot make, when no one can know. You're obviously not paying attention to what I am writing. Keep clueless, till I see you next time.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637245 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>As far as drugs go, summary execution of those possessing man made iilicit drugs other than what a user may have on them. You try to rehabilitate the user, you kill the suppliers. Eliminate drugs and scum that way.
Yeah.

That sure worked for alcohol.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637246 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's EXACTLY my point! They don't care about going to jail, most repeat criminals don't.

Why?

Because today's prison system is NOT a harsh punishment.

One guy I worked with, a former inmate and repeat offender, once told me "prison ain't so bad. You can get everything in there that you can out here, except p_ssy."

O_o

He even said that the drugs in prison are better than the drugs on the street.

WTF?

WHY are we allowing them access to drugs?!? They are in prison and CAN be easily controlled but smooth-talking, tongue-wielding liberals like you WANT inmates, criminals, to feel "comfortable" because "they have rights, too".

It is PEOPLE LIKE YOU that create repeat offenders.
Do you know what being institutionalized means?

After a while, many of these guys just don't know any other life.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#637247 Jul 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your god has yet to be proven, what it wants is of no consequence.
God has been proven to me.

But not to you.

Go figure.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637248 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:

Adam who?
Adam Ant.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637249 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Absolutely.
Aw...

Poor you.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637251 Jul 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what do you mean by "ordered?"
Everything from the atom to the galaxies exists in consistent patterns. If you throw an apple up, it will come down every time. The laws of physics prevail throughout and within us as well.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#637252 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this...I think in America, I don't know about everywhere else, that often the punishment doesn't fit the crime. I mean I know a guy who got 24 years for buying votes and another who got 10, which was later amended to 5 yrs for murder. Our government and justice system is a complete joke. However, that fact is not a secret. With that said, the most appropriate answer...is don't be a criminal and don't run put yourself in a position where you could potentially find yourself accused of something you didn't do. I mean really, at the end of the day, whose fault is it that these guys don't know any other life but that of institutionalization?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#637253 Jul 6, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You just don't get it, but that's ok. I'm pretty much done. Consider that, in every reply you post, you are making assumptions about consciousness/awareness that you cannot make, when no one can know. You're obviously not paying attention to what I am writing. Keep clueless, till I see you next time.
No not even if you type it 10 million times, The point is YOU don't get it. I'm not making assumption , I'm basing this on the same evidence the leaders in every field related to brain and neuroscience do, and this is the consensus among them.
You however are making assumption and conjecture that it cannot be known, but just because YOU do not know, does not mean that it is unknowable. But by your very own assertion provided,
it is YOU who is clueless.
So stay clueless, clueless wonder.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637254 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did we deserve 9/11.
I'm sure there are many reasons.
I'm guessing you and TT feel that was justified? Certainly many Muslims did.
And don't think I'm painting the US as a saint, but was 9/11 somehow justified?
And please, don't insult me by claiming it was a tiny percentage of radicals. A tiny percentage of more than a billion is a LOT of radicals.
Oh boy, and here we go again...

9/11 was an atrocious crime against innocent civilians.

Now, one question. Ok I wont bother asking to see if you know, since you can easily google and give the answer. So just honestly ask yourself, how many civilians died in Iraq during the U.S. led invasion? Or how many civilians died during U.S. airstrikes in the Gulf War? Ask yourself honestly, if you know these figures.

I'm not bringing this up to guilt you as an American or trivialise 9/11. It's just that you Americans have been singing this 9/11 song for a long time, know all of its details, know the exact number of people who died etc. Yet ask the average American how many people died in U.S. operations in various countries in the middle east, before 9/11, before Al-Qaeeda, and after 9/11, and they cannot even give a rough figure.

Are we non-Americans worth less than Americans? Are Arabs or Muslims worth less than westerners? You keep singing this song and playing the victim yet many of you don't know and don't care what shit your government does in the world in the name of the "American way of life".

Despite the condemnation of almost every Muslim country and every Muslim organisation in the U.S. of the attacks of 9/11, you keep pointing your finger at us stating "The Muslims didn't condemn the acts", "Why was there not a big uproar in the Muslim world?".

Let me ask you a factual question now: Why is it that from over 300 million of you, hardly any of you stood up and asked your government "What did you do this time?"? Not one of you stood up and said "Our government brought this war to our people and now our children are dying".

No. Oh contrai'e, you sent more of your children to join the government.

You can keep mourning for your 9/11. But I am done. There is no time anymore. We have to mourn for Iraqis now and it will take a lot more time to mourn for them. A hell of a lot more time.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#637255 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they do. If you would've really read my post, you would've seen the part where I said they had new lives, they had good, well-paying jobs, two of them lived with their girlfriends and the other one lived in a halfway house, rent free.

They had new lives but they decided to relive their old life; a life of drugs and crime which inevitably lead them back to prison-where they wanted to be in the first place. They're lazy, period. They didn't want to "worry" about bills, work and responsibility.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#637256 Jul 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing greater than your ego is your humility. ;)
Usually, that would be a paradox... But not for Double Fine :)

Yo, Aero

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#637257 Jul 6, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
You see thats the problem with atheist, whenever they are faced with the reality that God exist they tend to runaway by making fun of themselves. Anyways double fine, try to reply maturely, i know its difficult for you but well give it shot. You never know, everything is possible.
<quoted text>
Okay sorry. I just get tooazy too read your posts until the end. Or halfway. Okay, past the third sentence.

So tell me about your flying donkey in the wormhole again.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#637258 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Aw...

Poor you.
Not from my perspective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Pegasus 280,457
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 18 min sameer 131
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min macumazahn 104,194
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Liam 637,060
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min lightbeamrider 28,056
Russia to be #1 Non-GMO Food Exporter... 1 hr Truthiness 5
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,702
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 44,081
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 3,593
More from around the web