Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Unicorns, vampires, fairies, etc. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't it feel surreal to you if the average person believed in a secret god unicorn in a cave?
No.

Even if it did, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Seems like it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?
What's wrong with that? Seriously, if 95% of the people believe in a god, why not have it on the currency?

Why should 95% cater to the 5% and lose out?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Humanism is not about egocentrism. It's basically about affirming and upholding human rights for everyone.
Bullshit. The humanists' primary importance is to the self. "In Me I Trust" would swoon them fantastically.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I would like it better if people didn't die brutal deaths. Impossible, I know, but that's the point. It shouldn't happen under the tenure of a loving god. I would also like it if religious people didn't call it a miracle when 1000 people die but some lucky person survives. It's nice for the survivor, I guess.
Ever seen Bruce Almighty? Remember the part where he answered YES to all prayers? Remember the chaos that ensued?

I know it's just a movie, but that's what would happen.

1,000 people will die no matter what, God chooses not to intervene on us, He gives us free will to make our choices and destiny.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the love Aura? Where'd it go huh?
I'm still here, myths all gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some countries have the death penalty for possession. If your hypothesis was correct, drugs wouldn't exist in those countries. Deterrents do nothing.
And we as a society are not at all soft on crime. Most of us believe in retributive justice, and we have ridiculously harsh penalties for stupid things like drugs. Yet we abuse drugs at a higher rate than pretty much the entire world.
That's exactly my point. Drugs, crime, etc wasn't so bad until you liberals started imposing all the social understanding and compassion towards criminals.

Crime deserves harsh punishment. Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world are you talking about? Crime rates are down, first of all, and there has never been even a correlation between harsher punishments and less crime. You're deluding yourself. The war on drugs is the easiest example. For the past 30 years, and especially during the crack epidemic, we doled out absurd punishments for things like simple possession. Did drug crime go down? No. Billions of dollars and many, many ruined lives later.
That's right, I forgot. Crackheads are crackheads because of the punishments...

You dumb ass liberals make me sick.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, it's 2 scientists. 2 scientists vs. 99.9% of their colleagues. Why should I value their opinion? The fact that we don't know *exactly* how some of the phyla present in the cambrian evolved does nothing to discredit the TOE.
You're projecting your religious feelings on me. I can tell you with 100% honestly it would not upset me if evolution were overturned. Why would it? I don't believe my soul depends on it. That's like telling someone that they would be upset if the theory of gravity was overturned.
And yes, you are bound to creationism. That's what faith is. There is a reason why you dispute one of the, if not the most robust theory that mankind has ever created - your religion. You believe that your fate is completely dependent on pleasing your anthropomorphic deity - how could you not be bound to such a belief?
Yes, 2 scientists and 99.9% of their colleagues agree with them...yet you don't. Hence, their colleagues have come up with a multitude of new hypotheses in an attempt to tie the Cambrian animals back in with the Precambrian, including the Ediacarans, which they currently can't prove are ancestral. seems kinda like they have an agenda...you know...to give credence to the TOE. No Precambrian rabbit necessary. Without evidence of an ancestral tie...How will they explain the diverse phyla? Yes...they need an answer so they do have an agenda.

As for projecting...lol...why would I need to project? If they had 100% proof that there is no God...what have I lost? would I still question evolution? Yes...I would. Most Christians don't give evolution a second thought. They simply believe in God...end of story. That is not me. Otherwise, I wouldn't be on here questioning the whole theory.

And last, NO...I am not bound by creationism. I can choose to deny God at any time...therefore, I am not bound. Faith is believing and trusting in a God I have no tangible proof of.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

My daddy won the war, but it wasn't July 4th 1776.

That was the day I said to pull back and leave this long haired country boy alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

That was October 19, 1781 when Cornwallis surrendered to my DaddyO!

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out this order you ask me to think about? From the atomic level to the level of the universe there is no order. I am not interested...

Honey please donít try indoctrinating me into your deliberate ignorance, I am way beyond that stupidity...
Bullshit.

The universe is ordered even at the subatomic level, which is the one that counts the most...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_structure_c... ;

...since if it was NOT there wouldn't be a universe for you to be making an ass of yourself inside of. These constants are the glue that holds all of reality together.

You ARE way beyond "something" but it sure isn't "stupidity".

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb atheist.
Darkness: the partial or total absence of light.
The sky is getting dark.

I see clouds.

I'm looking for heavenly stuff.

So far, nada.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A book?! aww...
Isn't there a BBC documentary or something I can watch?
Lol, thanks Mac. It's only a penny(in euros), I'll see if I can swing that.
Erm, I don't know.

Dammit, no, there does not seem to be any such.

May I recommend this instead?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051155/

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly my point. Drugs, crime, etc wasn't so bad until you liberals started imposing all the social understanding and compassion towards criminals.
Whatcha drinking, RR?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
Who you calling a pister?
You mutha f......
Pistels are hot!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit.
The universe is ordered even at the subatomic level, which is the one that counts the most...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_structure_c... ;
...since if it was NOT there wouldn't be a universe for you to be making an ass of yourself inside of. These constants are the glue that holds all of reality together.
You ARE way beyond "something" but it sure isn't "stupidity".
Happy fourth, nano.

May your fireworks explode in many colors.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?

Perhaps we should change our name to the Divided States of America because we are trying to change everything that our forefathers put in place. And No, I don't believe the majorityshould impose their will on others..yet they do it all the time. I wonder does it bother you when majority and even minorities try to impose their will on us...outside of religion?

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky is getting dark.
I see clouds.
I'm looking for heavenly stuff.
So far, nada.
We're waiting for the display by the lake to start. They usually have first fire at around 9:30.

The reflection off the water makes it worth it, mosquitoes and all.

Goodnight.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
Is there such thing as injustice? No. Injustice is the absence of justice. Is there such a thing as evil? Isn't evil the absence of good? If there is evil in the world, sir, and we all agree there is, then God if he exists, must be accomplishing a work through the agency of evil. What is that work God is accomplishing? Islam tells us it is to see if each one of us will, choose good over evil. I would have thought that the absence of God's moral code in this world is probably one of the most observable Phenomena going. Newspapers make billions of dollars reporting it every week!
Tell me, sir. Do you teach people that they evolved from a monkey? Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes? Since no-one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavour, are you not teaching your opinion, sir?
<quoted text>
opinion(s) are not equal in value

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

371 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 8 min YES 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min Johnny 1,603
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 14 min whogivesarstsbutt 25
Gusto ko po sana magampon ng baby. (Dec '13) 20 min jazzlen 18
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Commander Bunny 256,963
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 34 min andet1987 5,271
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min The Awakener 172,544
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 115,598
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 533,566