waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#636668 Jul 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, lovey. I am so glad you responded.:-)
First off, the arguments the atheists on here are the same ones I based my athesim on 50 years ago. Not a thing new has been added since then. However, there have been advances on the theistic/supernatural side supported by science. The BBT being a seed that sprouted for one.
But that isn't what I wanted to talk about. Let's talk NDEs again.
The Topix atheist invariably states emphatically that they are just the release of chemicals in the brain creating a false "reality". Interesting that these releases can produce such seemingly coherent scenarios just from chemical releases.
But let's assume such is correct. Consciousness, and thus perception of reality is pure chemical reactions.
You look lovely this morning, lovey. Let me nibble on your ear, let me hug you, you are so luscious and soft and desireable. Irresistable.
That would get some chemicals released in you in another setting than this. Your reality would change. The power of words to release chemicals in the brain to suit ones desires.
You live in a world full of words. A constant bombardment of them. Some you tune into and some you tune out. What is real and what isn't, lovey? What makes you believe you are really rational and able to decide what is real and what isn't, such as a supernatural force responsible for your existence?
WTF is the difference from a whack on the head and listening to others?
Baaaamm,, there you have it folks!

Read it, and weep....

Well said!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#636669 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No time, no space. Only energy. No gravity
Even IF the universe was created by a quantum fluctuation, there had to be some "thing" that was putting immense pressure...

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmo_const...

...on it to scramble what scientists have described as a highly ordered, initial state, IOWs, the big burp was a reaction to something that already existed.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636670 Jul 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:

define "darkness"
Dumb atheist.

Darkness: the partial or total absence of light.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636671 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know and I'm not interested in your addiction to leprechauns.
Unicorns, vampires, fairies, etc. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't it feel surreal to you if the average person believed in a secret god unicorn in a cave?

Location hidden

#636672 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific apologetics?
No.

Location hidden

#636673 Jul 4, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it should say, "in nothing we trust"....or maybe just..."we don't trust". Would that be suitable?
Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?

Location hidden

#636674 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...
I dunno about timn, but for the "humanist", it would say "In Me We Trust".
Humanism is not about egocentrism. It's basically about affirming and upholding human rights for everyone.

Location hidden

#636675 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like it better if the small child died, too?!
I would like it better if people didn't die brutal deaths. Impossible, I know, but that's the point. It shouldn't happen under the tenure of a loving god. I would also like it if religious people didn't call it a miracle when 1000 people die but some lucky person survives. It's nice for the survivor, I guess.
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#636676 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You spent a really long time to set up this apologist nonsense.
Well, atleast he takes time...

You just blurt it out.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#636677 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore god.
Once again, you said that...not me.

Location hidden

#636678 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime is rampant because of people like you - that are soft on criminals.
Criminals feed off of the "understanding" of society.
Some countries have the death penalty for possession. If your hypothesis was correct, drugs wouldn't exist in those countries. Deterrents do nothing.

And we as a society are not at all soft on crime. Most of us believe in retributive justice, and we have ridiculously harsh penalties for stupid things like drugs. Yet we abuse drugs at a higher rate than pretty much the entire world.

Location hidden

#636679 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya.... You softie liberals have been trying that for several decades.
And the crime rates skyrocket.
Coincidence?
What in the world are you talking about? Crime rates are down, first of all, and there has never been even a correlation between harsher punishments and less crime. You're deluding yourself. The war on drugs is the easiest example. For the past 30 years, and especially during the crack epidemic, we doled out absurd punishments for things like simple possession. Did drug crime go down? No. Billions of dollars and many, many ruined lives later.

Location hidden

#636680 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Unicorns, vampires, fairies, etc. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't it feel surreal to you if the average person believed in a secret god unicorn in a cave?
No.

Even if it did, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them.

Location hidden

#636681 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Seems like it.

Location hidden

#636682 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?
What's wrong with that? Seriously, if 95% of the people believe in a god, why not have it on the currency?

Why should 95% cater to the 5% and lose out?

Location hidden

#636683 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Humanism is not about egocentrism. It's basically about affirming and upholding human rights for everyone.
Bullshit. The humanists' primary importance is to the self. "In Me I Trust" would swoon them fantastically.

Location hidden

#636684 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I would like it better if people didn't die brutal deaths. Impossible, I know, but that's the point. It shouldn't happen under the tenure of a loving god. I would also like it if religious people didn't call it a miracle when 1000 people die but some lucky person survives. It's nice for the survivor, I guess.
Ever seen Bruce Almighty? Remember the part where he answered YES to all prayers? Remember the chaos that ensued?

I know it's just a movie, but that's what would happen.

1,000 people will die no matter what, God chooses not to intervene on us, He gives us free will to make our choices and destiny.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636685 Jul 4, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the love Aura? Where'd it go huh?
I'm still here, myths all gone.

Location hidden

#636686 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some countries have the death penalty for possession. If your hypothesis was correct, drugs wouldn't exist in those countries. Deterrents do nothing.
And we as a society are not at all soft on crime. Most of us believe in retributive justice, and we have ridiculously harsh penalties for stupid things like drugs. Yet we abuse drugs at a higher rate than pretty much the entire world.
That's exactly my point. Drugs, crime, etc wasn't so bad until you liberals started imposing all the social understanding and compassion towards criminals.

Crime deserves harsh punishment. Period.

Location hidden

#636687 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world are you talking about? Crime rates are down, first of all, and there has never been even a correlation between harsher punishments and less crime. You're deluding yourself. The war on drugs is the easiest example. For the past 30 years, and especially during the crack epidemic, we doled out absurd punishments for things like simple possession. Did drug crime go down? No. Billions of dollars and many, many ruined lives later.
That's right, I forgot. Crackheads are crackheads because of the punishments...

You dumb ass liberals make me sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min KiMare 227,429
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min hojo 542,150
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min Charlie Sheen 259,251
Appjoy invite code 59 min NoahSkix 70
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 1 hr bacon hater 1,089
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,456
what happened on 9/15 in briar gate subdivision 1 hr 1316nca 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Chris Clearwater 173,656
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 601,034
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 20 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE