“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#636660 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough.
God is spiritual in nature, He can't live in the clouds. God is all around us.
I know classical art and ancient Christians portrayed Heaven as being in the clouds and God's 'throne' as formed by clouds, but that's just ridiculous.
You don't have to tell me that, but the bible is where the notion comes from.

The mythic Moses went up on that cloud enveloped mountain to talk to something and get something for some reason, no?
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#636661 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. There are people on here that absolutely dwarf my knowledge in some subjects, and when they correct some misconception I have, I am grateful. It's not like anyone sits behind their computer cackling with joy when they get to correct someone.
Liar...

You snap "crackle" and pop..........

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636662 Jul 4, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to tell me that, but the bible is where the notion comes from.
The mythic Moses went up on that cloud enveloped mountain to talk to something and get something for some reason, no?
Yes, he did.

I'm totally done with this convo, scar.

You can have the last word.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#636663 Jul 4, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Lol, its very funny. I have written so many post with alot questions to be answered and i have not gotten one answer to any of the questions.
<quoted text>
you lack the education to understand the science.

the solution to your cognitive dissonance is to study the history of your belief system.

there is no solution for your lack of intellect
curse the god who allowed your birth

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636664 Jul 4, 2013
waaaz up wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you "know" that, for certain?
Lemma guess, because Science said so, or guessed so?
You cant even answer your own claim, so what makes you think i would want your time?
Atheists seem to have a hard time discerning fact from opinion.

"The sun and earth formed. Yes, by chance" is a completely unprovable claim.

But they'll never admit it's a claim, they'll say that all the evidence points to that claim.

And when you ask for that evidence, you get called ignorant because of your supposed indoctrination.

O_o

Location hidden

#636665 Jul 4, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> The more interesting question is why would anyone respond to an obvious crackpot like Myth? Any well adjusted,rational person can tell Myth is either not for real or worse yet,dead serious in which case his grasp of reality and sanity is questionable.Either way that is a poster one should avoid agreeing with no matter what common ground you may have. It pollutes and dilutes your authority by doing so.
he is quite accurate, his delivery is unsubtle.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636666 Jul 4, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Lol, its very funny. I have written so many post with alot questions to be answered and i have not gotten one answer to any of the questions.
karl44 wrote:

you lack the education to understand the science.
the solution to your cognitive dissonance is to study the history of your belief system.
there is no solution for your lack of intellect
curse the god who allowed your birth
HA HA HA !!!!!

See my last post...

Location hidden

#636667 Jul 4, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
As in, do you know the temperature that energy would need for there to be darkness.
Is there a certain temperature that could do it ?
define "darkness"
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#636668 Jul 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, lovey. I am so glad you responded.:-)
First off, the arguments the atheists on here are the same ones I based my athesim on 50 years ago. Not a thing new has been added since then. However, there have been advances on the theistic/supernatural side supported by science. The BBT being a seed that sprouted for one.
But that isn't what I wanted to talk about. Let's talk NDEs again.
The Topix atheist invariably states emphatically that they are just the release of chemicals in the brain creating a false "reality". Interesting that these releases can produce such seemingly coherent scenarios just from chemical releases.
But let's assume such is correct. Consciousness, and thus perception of reality is pure chemical reactions.
You look lovely this morning, lovey. Let me nibble on your ear, let me hug you, you are so luscious and soft and desireable. Irresistable.
That would get some chemicals released in you in another setting than this. Your reality would change. The power of words to release chemicals in the brain to suit ones desires.
You live in a world full of words. A constant bombardment of them. Some you tune into and some you tune out. What is real and what isn't, lovey? What makes you believe you are really rational and able to decide what is real and what isn't, such as a supernatural force responsible for your existence?
WTF is the difference from a whack on the head and listening to others?
Baaaamm,, there you have it folks!

Read it, and weep....

Well said!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#636669 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No time, no space. Only energy. No gravity
Even IF the universe was created by a quantum fluctuation, there had to be some "thing" that was putting immense pressure...

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmo_const...

...on it to scramble what scientists have described as a highly ordered, initial state, IOWs, the big burp was a reaction to something that already existed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636670 Jul 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:

define "darkness"
Dumb atheist.

Darkness: the partial or total absence of light.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636671 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know and I'm not interested in your addiction to leprechauns.
Unicorns, vampires, fairies, etc. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't it feel surreal to you if the average person believed in a secret god unicorn in a cave?

Location hidden

#636672 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific apologetics?
No.

Location hidden

#636673 Jul 4, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it should say, "in nothing we trust"....or maybe just..."we don't trust". Would that be suitable?
Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?

Location hidden

#636674 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...
I dunno about timn, but for the "humanist", it would say "In Me We Trust".
Humanism is not about egocentrism. It's basically about affirming and upholding human rights for everyone.

Location hidden

#636675 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like it better if the small child died, too?!
I would like it better if people didn't die brutal deaths. Impossible, I know, but that's the point. It shouldn't happen under the tenure of a loving god. I would also like it if religious people didn't call it a miracle when 1000 people die but some lucky person survives. It's nice for the survivor, I guess.
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#636676 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You spent a really long time to set up this apologist nonsense.
Well, atleast he takes time...

You just blurt it out.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#636677 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore god.
Once again, you said that...not me.

Location hidden

#636678 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime is rampant because of people like you - that are soft on criminals.
Criminals feed off of the "understanding" of society.
Some countries have the death penalty for possession. If your hypothesis was correct, drugs wouldn't exist in those countries. Deterrents do nothing.

And we as a society are not at all soft on crime. Most of us believe in retributive justice, and we have ridiculously harsh penalties for stupid things like drugs. Yet we abuse drugs at a higher rate than pretty much the entire world.

Location hidden

#636679 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya.... You softie liberals have been trying that for several decades.
And the crime rates skyrocket.
Coincidence?
What in the world are you talking about? Crime rates are down, first of all, and there has never been even a correlation between harsher punishments and less crime. You're deluding yourself. The war on drugs is the easiest example. For the past 30 years, and especially during the crack epidemic, we doled out absurd punishments for things like simple possession. Did drug crime go down? No. Billions of dollars and many, many ruined lives later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min Johnny 4,884
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Epiphany2 605,334
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr just American 41
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 2 hr Easton 100
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 2 hr Protester 16,461
how to lose weight by subway diet 2 hr saly ramy 1
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 2 hr shem 81
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Oxbow 560,442
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rick in Kansas 265,444
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 8 hr Trannyfucker 136
More from around the web