Prove there's a god.

Since: May 12

Accra, Ghana

#637098 Jul 6, 2013
Salam bro,

They do not believe in the existence of God; yet they do not know what they don't believe in. they don't have a definition. So far no atheist gave us a concrete definition. Very sad.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your definition of God?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637099 Jul 6, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that what you say is true, TT, but we still see places like Egypt, which is one of the most progressive of predominately Muslim countries in the world, and we get activities such as have been going on there the past few days (longer actually) and it seems that Islam rears its head very dominantly in that picture, even if the individuals have personal grievances.
I actually was not even aware of what has been happening there, as I don't pay a lot of attention on a regular basis to current news, but I think the activities in Egypt and most of the other mainly Muslim countries, in Africa and the Middle East that have had uprisings (though likely behind the scenes initiated by the USA or Israel), all seem to have one thing in common - Muslims.
I am going to hate myself after I post this as it seems to be blatant bigotry, but IMO there is some real truth to it too. There is something very inherently wrong with religions, especially Islam (and Christianity and Judaism, more so in the past).
I am willing to accept the full brunt of your refutations of what I have said, TT.
You guys put the TV on and see a whole lot of people marching and striking and crying "Allahu Akbar!", and you think to yourself "Islam is disrupting this world, country by country!". Yet the issue is not Islamic at all. It is all political. It's about things like service delivery and the secular government giving undue power to themselves.

Who are those people crying "Allahu Akbar!"? Do you think they are Islamists? That's not correct, because there are Christians in that crowd crying "Allahu Akbar!" as well.

What do you think that "Allahu Akbar!" is all about? Do you think they want to impose the worship of Allah? Impose Islam? That's not correct. "Allahu Akbar!" simply means "God is Great!". They shout it in the context of asserting the president to stop being arrogant and power hungry. It is said in the context of "Morsi! You think you are great? God is Great!".

I aught to know, I was in Egypt last December. Our tour guides were all Christians and our driver was a Muslim. They all hated Morsi. The whole of Cairo hated him. The walls of many buildings were painted at many corners "F*ck Morsi!". If it was anyone who could've told us about Islamic oppression and imposition, it would've been those Christians we spent 4 days with. I asked them repeatedly till they got fed up of me. They told me apart from a few criminals, there is no religious problem in Egypt. It's all political.

The news is so misrepresentative of what is going on in the streets of the world, it's really not funny. And you sit in your developed and well governed country and take it all for granted. You don't realise that it just takes two or three consecutively bad presidents, and your children will be the ones marching in the streets and vandalising property and the rest of the world will be talking about what a failure secularism is and citing your children on tv as evidence.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#637100 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with that? Seriously, if 95% of the people believe in a god, why not have it on the currency?
Why should 95% cater to the 5% and lose out?
there are other people in the world

and you hope that they will accept your currency.

why make it filthy?

Location hidden

#637101 Jul 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. The humanists' primary importance is to the self. "In Me I Trust" would swoon them fantastically.
that is projection

the persona you post, is the most self-centered I have ever seen.

it is a caricature

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#637102 Jul 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, but the problems are the problems. Same with the Christian and Jewish extremists . That's why I'm a non believer, but as a note to your credit I loathe the Jews even more because of twofold reason.
They helped create the tension in the Mideast, and their belief they are better makes some of them amongst the most bigoted people on Earth. The truth be known , It is my thinking that say's religion makes people stupid, it make good people do bad things.
Like a drug it can make bad people do terrible things.
But there are those who do none of the above, It is my belief religion has nothing to do with that, and these good people would be good people , despite the religion they chose.
I don't loathe the Jews or support anyone who generalises and collectively loathes them. Most are quite alright, though simply misguided. What I do loathe however, are the Zionists. Those are the power hungry slave drivers sitting at the top of Israeli bureaucracy, indoctrinating children to hate the gentiles.

"The Chosen people" - that is their great downfall. Nearly a third of the Quran is addressed to Jews and Christians, and the main message to the Jews is that they must give up this silly idea of being "The chosen people". In the Quran, Allah reminds them of how when they were oppressed repeatedly, Allah helped them, and when they were the oppressors and corrupters, Allah abandoned them and watched them suffer, just as He did with all other people. Temple after temple destroyed. They have to give up this idea, and accept that they are equal with the rest of humanity.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#637103 Jul 6, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Far out you people are really not that smart are you ?
DF, I'm really sorry but I am saying the same about you too.
Hey, we simply ask questions. Is that wrong?

Accra, Ghana

#637104 Jul 6, 2013
I agree that the extremist which are the minority are creating a bad picture of Islam. Nevertheless, i am sure you are aware that Islam is the fastest growing religion, specially in the West. So i don't see why the future is not looking good for Islam. It might not be looking good for the middle east but not Islam. Plus 80% of Muslims are non-Arabs. I personally see a bright future for Islam. I hope i live to see that.

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not an atheist.
Muslims have allowed their religion of peace to be hijacked for political purposes, and violence by thugs advancing such. They have stood by and watched and let it happen just because those thugs called themselves Muslims.
It is now stained with too much innocent blood.
Islam is rooted in the third world. The most vulnerable people on the planet, and those falling prey to bloodlust and revenge spread by those thugs.
The future is not looking good for Islam.

Accra, Ghana

#637105 Jul 6, 2013
Let me just add up to what you say. The Prophet (PBUH) said ;

O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa). Listen to me. Did I convey this to you properly? People responded, Yes. O messenger of God, The Prophet then said, then each one of you who is there must convey this to everyone not present.(Excerpt from the Prophet's Last Sermon as in Baihiqi)

Islam abolished slavery 1300 before Abraham Lincoln. We are all the same.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't loathe the Jews or support anyone who generalises and collectively loathes them. Most are quite alright, though simply misguided. What I do loathe however, are the Zionists. Those are the power hungry slave drivers sitting at the top of Israeli bureaucracy, indoctrinating children to hate the gentiles.
"The Chosen people" - that is their great downfall. Nearly a third of the Quran is addressed to Jews and Christians, and the main message to the Jews is that they must give up this silly idea of being "The chosen people". In the Quran, Allah reminds them of how when they were oppressed repeatedly, Allah helped them, and when they were the oppressors and corrupters, Allah abandoned them and watched them suffer, just as He did with all other people. Temple after temple destroyed. They have to give up this idea, and accept that they are equal with the rest of humanity.

Location hidden

#637106 Jul 6, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Ahh! SCIENCE!Sir, you state that science is the study of observed phenomena. Science is a premise which is flawed...an example of what I mean!Is there anyone in this forum who has ever seen air, Oxygen, molecules, atoms, Mr. Karl44 brain?Is there anyone here who has ever heard Mr.karl44 brain... felt Mr. Karl44 brain, touched or smelt Mr. Karl44 brain?I doubt anyone has.
It surely appears to me no-one on this forum or anyone who knows Karl44 in this world has had any sensory perception of Mr. Karl44 brain whatsoever. Well, according to the rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science, I DECLARE that Mr.Karl44 has no brain!
<quoted text>
you lack the education to understand the science.
the solution to your cognitive dissonance is to study the history of your belief system.
there is no solution for your lack of intellect
curse the god who allowed your birth

#637107 Jul 6, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Salam bro,
They do not believe in the existence of God; yet they do not know what they don't believe in. they don't have a definition. So far no atheist gave us a concrete definition. Very sad.
<quoted text>
Why is it up to us to define any deity? With all the 40,000 deities conceived by man, I for one is not going to examine each and every one.

So let me give you some broad strokes. To us:

1) Any deity who has a literature written in its honour citing Minotaurs, Pegasi, talking snakes or flying donkeys is not worth considering.
2) Any eternal being who demands worship from petty humans is a contradiction. Why should a god need worship? Insecurity is a human feeling. Seeing that property in a supposed deity is only more cevidence that it was conceived by man
3) Any deity who would allow any of its members to commit attrocities, terrorism of human rights infringements, is not worth even considering. Another clue that this is not a true deity.

Now. There *may* be a god, but according to me (and most atheists on here)
he would not be jealous, not have a doctrine, would not require worship

Location hidden

#637108 Jul 6, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute nothingness.
Zero.
ahh

there ya go

tell it to that ignorant christian

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#637109 Jul 6, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Let me just add up to what you say. The Prophet (PBUH) said ;
O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa). Listen to me. Did I convey this to you properly? People responded, Yes. O messenger of God, The Prophet then said, then each one of you who is there must convey this to everyone not present.(Excerpt from the Prophet's Last Sermon as in Baihiqi)
Islam abolished slavery 1300 before Abraham Lincoln. We are all the same.
<quoted text>
Quite to the contrary The Sokoto Caliphate was the one of the very reasons there were slaves to begin with. They were part of a triad that profited from slaves.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#637110 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually that is exactly what I was saying, but did not clarify very well.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#637111 Jul 6, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
You got " trophies and everything"
What sort of everything?
Hugs?
High fives?
Beer?
Knowledge?
Sex?
Oh it will take way too long to type "everything"
Well, four outta five ain't bad.

You are still massively out of your class.

#637112 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is the case of most nations. Those who 'speak' for the nations/ethnic group or religion. I do not like the AWB speaking for me, I am sure you don't like Al-Queda speaking for you.

The Borderland of Sol

#637113 Jul 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very dangerous and destructive generalization. The dumb women, the bimbos like to be objectified because they have nothing other than their looks. But the vast majority of women want to be seen as intelligent human beings.
You are making some very dangerous claims here. Abortion is undesirable. I would not call it evil.
I can just see poor ol' Diz trying that. With, say, my daughter.

He'd wind up with his nadgers around his larynx and a Blood Eagle on his chest.

#637114 Jul 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, four outta five ain't bad.
You are still massively out of your class.
As an aside, which one of the five did you not get?

Morning, Mac

Gillingham, UK

#637115 Jul 6, 2013
I think this thread may be confused somewhat. The whole idea of God is faith. If god could be proved then it would not be faith it would be fact! x Check www.GiggaDate.com out people. We're trying to do something good for the world. Not sure what you believe but i have this thing that i live by.... It's just my opinion so don't go mad...... Somewhere along the line there was a miss translation... 2 words, God and Good. I believe everyone has Good in them.

The Borderland of Sol

#637116 Jul 6, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
As an aside, which one of the five did you not get?
Morning, Mac
One remains tactfully mute.

Hi, DF!

Accra, Ghana

#637117 Jul 6, 2013
Answers to your questions:
1) God say Be and IT IS. Everything is possible with Him. He created this universe. You were born in this world and you saw birds fly. Let say there were Donkeys flying instead. It would have been normal to see a donkey fly then. God chose how this universe should be.
2) Goad created humans in the best form. He gave one hands, legs, eyes, fruits, place to live, and on and on. If were to count the bounties of God, we will never stop. Don't you think we needs to be grateful for what he gave us. Lets say you have a son that is ill, and you have giving him money, comfort and many more so he can be cured and then your son is never grateful to what you have done for him, how would feel? You would want some appreciation. God doesn't need us, if we believe in him its for our own good and if we don't believe in him its our loss.
3) God does not allow any of the ones you mentioned. We humans are bloody people. Goad has giving us the criterion. We decide what to do. We will be judge at the end. In school, for instance, they give us the blueprint of how to study and to graduate from school. We decide if we want to study or not, according to what we do, we either fail or pass.

I am just curious to know, on what ground do Atheist rely on? They have no books but man made science books to rely on. Science is not always right. They tend to change their opinions every once in a while and we all know that. If you need any links to prove my statement, it would be my pleasure.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it up to us to define any deity? With all the 40,000 deities conceived by man, I for one is not going to examine each and every one.
So let me give you some broad strokes. To us:
1) Any deity who has a literature written in its honour citing Minotaurs, Pegasi, talking snakes or flying donkeys is not worth considering.
2) Any eternal being who demands worship from petty humans is a contradiction. Why should a god need worship? Insecurity is a human feeling. Seeing that property in a supposed deity is only more cevidence that it was conceived by man
3) Any deity who would allow any of its members to commit attrocities, terrorism of human rights infringements, is not worth even considering. Another clue that this is not a true deity.
Now. There *may* be a god, but according to me (and most atheists on here)
he would not be jealous, not have a doctrine, would not require worship

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min River Tam 110,663
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 33 min stirringYTube 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 675,907
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 53 min ardith 246
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,773
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Nacked Truth 46,200
Why does shopping feel so good? 3 hr why i shop 2
More from around the web