Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636678 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime is rampant because of people like you - that are soft on criminals.
Criminals feed off of the "understanding" of society.
Some countries have the death penalty for possession. If your hypothesis was correct, drugs wouldn't exist in those countries. Deterrents do nothing.

And we as a society are not at all soft on crime. Most of us believe in retributive justice, and we have ridiculously harsh penalties for stupid things like drugs. Yet we abuse drugs at a higher rate than pretty much the entire world.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636679 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya.... You softie liberals have been trying that for several decades.
And the crime rates skyrocket.
Coincidence?
What in the world are you talking about? Crime rates are down, first of all, and there has never been even a correlation between harsher punishments and less crime. You're deluding yourself. The war on drugs is the easiest example. For the past 30 years, and especially during the crack epidemic, we doled out absurd punishments for things like simple possession. Did drug crime go down? No. Billions of dollars and many, many ruined lives later.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636680 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Unicorns, vampires, fairies, etc. Doesn't matter. Wouldn't it feel surreal to you if the average person believed in a secret god unicorn in a cave?
No.

Even if it did, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636681 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Seems like it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636682 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?
What's wrong with that? Seriously, if 95% of the people believe in a god, why not have it on the currency?

Why should 95% cater to the 5% and lose out?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636683 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Humanism is not about egocentrism. It's basically about affirming and upholding human rights for everyone.
Bullshit. The humanists' primary importance is to the self. "In Me I Trust" would swoon them fantastically.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636684 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I would like it better if people didn't die brutal deaths. Impossible, I know, but that's the point. It shouldn't happen under the tenure of a loving god. I would also like it if religious people didn't call it a miracle when 1000 people die but some lucky person survives. It's nice for the survivor, I guess.
Ever seen Bruce Almighty? Remember the part where he answered YES to all prayers? Remember the chaos that ensued?

I know it's just a movie, but that's what would happen.

1,000 people will die no matter what, God chooses not to intervene on us, He gives us free will to make our choices and destiny.

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636685 Jul 4, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the love Aura? Where'd it go huh?
I'm still here, myths all gone.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636686 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some countries have the death penalty for possession. If your hypothesis was correct, drugs wouldn't exist in those countries. Deterrents do nothing.
And we as a society are not at all soft on crime. Most of us believe in retributive justice, and we have ridiculously harsh penalties for stupid things like drugs. Yet we abuse drugs at a higher rate than pretty much the entire world.
That's exactly my point. Drugs, crime, etc wasn't so bad until you liberals started imposing all the social understanding and compassion towards criminals.

Crime deserves harsh punishment. Period.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636687 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world are you talking about? Crime rates are down, first of all, and there has never been even a correlation between harsher punishments and less crime. You're deluding yourself. The war on drugs is the easiest example. For the past 30 years, and especially during the crack epidemic, we doled out absurd punishments for things like simple possession. Did drug crime go down? No. Billions of dollars and many, many ruined lives later.
That's right, I forgot. Crackheads are crackheads because of the punishments...

You dumb ass liberals make me sick.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#636688 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, it's 2 scientists. 2 scientists vs. 99.9% of their colleagues. Why should I value their opinion? The fact that we don't know *exactly* how some of the phyla present in the cambrian evolved does nothing to discredit the TOE.
You're projecting your religious feelings on me. I can tell you with 100% honestly it would not upset me if evolution were overturned. Why would it? I don't believe my soul depends on it. That's like telling someone that they would be upset if the theory of gravity was overturned.
And yes, you are bound to creationism. That's what faith is. There is a reason why you dispute one of the, if not the most robust theory that mankind has ever created - your religion. You believe that your fate is completely dependent on pleasing your anthropomorphic deity - how could you not be bound to such a belief?
Yes, 2 scientists and 99.9% of their colleagues agree with them...yet you don't. Hence, their colleagues have come up with a multitude of new hypotheses in an attempt to tie the Cambrian animals back in with the Precambrian, including the Ediacarans, which they currently can't prove are ancestral. seems kinda like they have an agenda...you know...to give credence to the TOE. No Precambrian rabbit necessary. Without evidence of an ancestral tie...How will they explain the diverse phyla? Yes...they need an answer so they do have an agenda.

As for projecting...lol...why would I need to project? If they had 100% proof that there is no God...what have I lost? would I still question evolution? Yes...I would. Most Christians don't give evolution a second thought. They simply believe in God...end of story. That is not me. Otherwise, I wouldn't be on here questioning the whole theory.

And last, NO...I am not bound by creationism. I can choose to deny God at any time...therefore, I am not bound. Faith is believing and trusting in a God I have no tangible proof of.

“God of War”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636689 Jul 4, 2013
My daddy won the war, but it wasn't July 4th 1776.

That was the day I said to pull back and leave this long haired country boy alone.



That was October 19, 1781 when Cornwallis surrendered to my DaddyO!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#636690 Jul 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out this order you ask me to think about? From the atomic level to the level of the universe there is no order. I am not interested...

Honey please donít try indoctrinating me into your deliberate ignorance, I am way beyond that stupidity...
Bullshit.

The universe is ordered even at the subatomic level, which is the one that counts the most...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_structure_c... ;

...since if it was NOT there wouldn't be a universe for you to be making an ass of yourself inside of. These constants are the glue that holds all of reality together.

You ARE way beyond "something" but it sure isn't "stupidity".

Since: Sep 10

United States

#636691 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb atheist.
Darkness: the partial or total absence of light.
The sky is getting dark.

I see clouds.

I'm looking for heavenly stuff.

So far, nada.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#636692 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A book?! aww...
Isn't there a BBC documentary or something I can watch?
Lol, thanks Mac. It's only a penny(in euros), I'll see if I can swing that.
Erm, I don't know.

Dammit, no, there does not seem to be any such.

May I recommend this instead?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051155/

Since: Sep 10

United States

#636693 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly my point. Drugs, crime, etc wasn't so bad until you liberals started imposing all the social understanding and compassion towards criminals.
Crime deserves harsh punishment. Period.
Whatcha drinking, RR?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#636694 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
Who you calling a pister?
You mutha f......
Pistels are hot!

Since: Sep 10

United States

#636695 Jul 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit.
The universe is ordered even at the subatomic level, which is the one that counts the most...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_structure_c... ;
...since if it was NOT there wouldn't be a universe for you to be making an ass of yourself inside of. These constants are the glue that holds all of reality together.
You ARE way beyond "something" but it sure isn't "stupidity".
Happy fourth, nano.

May your fireworks explode in many colors.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#636697 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it shouldn't say anything religious at all? Or do you agree that the majority religion should impose it's will on everyone else?
.

Perhaps we should change our name to the Divided States of America because we are trying to change everything that our forefathers put in place. And No, I don't believe the majorityshould impose their will on others..yet they do it all the time. I wonder does it bother you when majority and even minorities try to impose their will on us...outside of religion?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#636698 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly my point. Drugs, crime, etc wasn't so bad until you liberals started imposing all the social understanding and compassion towards criminals.
Crime deserves harsh punishment. Period.
AMEN!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 574,286
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min KiMare 97,902
__POPE to Lead U.N. 1-World GOVT "Launching" 28 min YouTubeHeadlines 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min RADEKT 269,004
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min trifecta1 608,241
CAPE TOWN: Lesbian/Bisexual Women Whatsapp (Feb '14) 37 min chantel 20
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr biology 150 221,750
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 11 hr viky235 164
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 21 hr Coolsa 205
More from around the web