Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#636787 Jul 5, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Because what if you are the 5%?
What if? You need to understand that you're the minority and you need to take it in stride and go along with it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636788 Jul 5, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Crackheads are crackheads because of poor socionomic conditions. Fix that, before buying nooses
It's not societies fault that a person becomes a crackhead loser. It's the person's fault. Fizx that. With a noose.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636789 Jul 5, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
I thank God, i can at least think. Ohh, it would be scary to hear someone tell me that a tornado passed by a junkyard and reassembled an old mercedes benz by chance and then i believe it. Do you think someone who believes this has a brain? I suggest you ask a 5th grader.:) <quoted text>
Yet a tornado passed above the firmament and created a god, a much more complex thing than a Mercedes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636790 Jul 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
But you've stated that you're 100% certain.
That is not belief. That is knowledge.
Which is it? Belief or knowledge?
So?

I'm also 100% certain that my wife loves me dearly.

It's a belief with certainty.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#636791 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HERE IT IS, FOLKS!
LIBERALISM 101:
<quoted text>
That's right. Shoplifters are good people that're just trying to feed their family by stealing clothes....
pssst: shoplifting isn'a a three strikes offense.
Get a job to feed your family.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636792 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't talking only about the death penalty, but about crime in general and the way these sissy American liberals have the need to pamper criminals and "feel for them". Read timn's posts, he's going on and on like it's not the criminal's fault, it's the law's.
O_o
I had my truck stolen once, about 15 years ago. It had all my work tools in it. I got the truck back in a few days but all the tools were gone. ALL of them. They were my livelihood, I needed them to feed my family and I spent years accumulating them.
The little meth head f_ckhead that stole my truck got caught, got sentenced to 30 days in county jail and was released in two weeks.
TWO WEEKS! It took me over a year to repurchase all my tools. It was like I was being punished for some meth head's crime.
Would any sane person think that he learned his lesson and has repaid his debt to society? No. All that accomplished was untold thousands spent on lega fees and two weeks for that SOB to catch up on his sleep. He learned nothing, he didn't feel punished and he stole more cars.
Our system is f_cked. People like that need to be thrown in a dungeon for a year, cold and damp and scary. They NEED to be afraid to go to prison. They NEED to be afraid to break the law.
Did you learn that you shouldn't keep necessary tools in a vehicle than can be easily removed? Did you learn that lesson? Have you ever read the Constitution? Did you petition the court for restitution? Did you use civil means as redress for your stupidity of keeping your "livelihood tools" in an easily absconded storage area? Did you reconcile that you were too lazy each evening to properly secure your tools?

Since: May 12

Ghana

#636793 Jul 5, 2013
I totally AGREE bro!Well said.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't talking only about the death penalty, but about crime in general and the way these sissy American liberals have the need to pamper criminals and "feel for them". Read timn's posts, he's going on and on like it's not the criminal's fault, it's the law's.
O_o
I had my truck stolen once, about 15 years ago. It had all my work tools in it. I got the truck back in a few days but all the tools were gone. ALL of them. They were my livelihood, I needed them to feed my family and I spent years accumulating them.
The little meth head f_ckhead that stole my truck got caught, got sentenced to 30 days in county jail and was released in two weeks.
TWO WEEKS! It took me over a year to repurchase all my tools. It was like I was being punished for some meth head's crime.
Would any sane person think that he learned his lesson and has repaid his debt to society? No. All that accomplished was untold thousands spent on lega fees and two weeks for that SOB to catch up on his sleep. He learned nothing, he didn't feel punished and he stole more cars.
Our system is f_cked. People like that need to be thrown in a dungeon for a year, cold and damp and scary. They NEED to be afraid to go to prison. They NEED to be afraid to break the law.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636794 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not societies fault that a person becomes a crackhead loser. It's the person's fault. Fizx that. With a noose.
You're Un-American.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636795 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What if? You need to understand that you're the minority and you need to take it in stride and go along with it.
More Un-Americanism. The Constitution was written to protect from the tyranny of the majority.

You love Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_m...

"If a majority are capable of preferring their own private interest, or that of their families, counties, and party, to that of the nation collectively, some provision must be made in the constitution, in favor of justice, to compel all to respect the common right, the public good, the universal law, in preference to all private and partial considerations... And that the desires of the majority of the people are often for injustice and inhumanity against the minority, is demonstrated by every page of history... To remedy the dangers attendant upon the arbitrary use of power, checks, however multiplied, will scarcely avail without an explicit admission some limitation of the right of the majority to excercise sovereign authority over the individual citizen... In popular governments [democracies], minorities [individuals] constantly run much greater risk of suffering from arbitrary power than in absolute monarchies..." - John Adams

“America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”
&#8213; Alexis de Tocqueville

“Every nation that has ended in tyranny has come to that end by way of good order. It certainly does not follow from this that peoples should scorn public peace, but neither should they be satisfied with that and nothing more. A nation that asks nothing of government but the maintenance of order is already a slave in the depths of its heart; it is a slave of its well-being, ready for the man who will put it in chains.”
&#8213; Alexis de Tocqueville

You're a seditious bastard.

Since: May 12

Ghana

#636796 Jul 5, 2013
i will explain what atheist are saying! they are saying that long time ago,there were a number of blind disordered elements scattered in the universe, then with the passage of time and constant meeting, these elements had a special chance that will never reoccur. a primitive living cell emerged then it reproduced rapidly and developed into the world we see today!! this is the ignorance that you called science, and you are not embarrassed of insisting on facing the world boldly with it!! you are saying that complicated mathematical calculations were solved automatically. you are saying that fine, tiny and great creatures have lives because of a chance they seized and it will never come back!! this is just to escape from believing in the great creator.Poor atheist. Stop escaping.
Svenghouli wrote:
<quoted text>Yet a tornado passed above the firmament and created a god, a much more complex thing than a Mercedes.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636797 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aesop - We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.- The United Sates Constitution

Justice Potter Stewart's opinion for the Robinson Court held that "infliction of cruel and unusual punishment [is] in violation of the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments." The framers of the Fourteenth Amendment, such as John Bingham, had discussed this subject:

[M]any instances of State injustice and oppression have already occurred in the State legislation of this Union, of flagrant violations of the guarantied privileges of citizens of the United States, for which the national Government furnished and could furnish by law no remedy whatever. Contrary to the express letter of your Constitution, "cruel and unusual punishments" have been inflicted under State laws within this Union upon citizens, not only for crimes committed, but for sacred duty done, for which and against which the Government of the United States had provided no remedy and could provide none.[13]

In Furman v. Georgia, 408 U.S. 238 (1972), Justice Brennan wrote, "There are, then, four principles by which we may determine whether a particular punishment is 'cruel and unusual'."
The "essential predicate" is "that a punishment must not by its severity be degrading to human dignity," especially torture.

"A severe punishment that is obviously inflicted in wholly arbitrary fashion."
"A severe punishment that is clearly and totally rejected throughout society."
"A severe punishment that is patently unnecessary."

Justice Brennan also wrote that he expected no state would pass a law obviously violating any one of these principles, so court decisions regarding the Eighth Amendment would involve a "cumulative" analysis of the implication of each of the four principles. In this way, the United States Supreme Court "set the standard that a punishment would be cruel and unusual [,if] it was too severe for the crime,[if] it was arbitrary, if it offended society's sense of justice, or if it was not more effective than a less severe penalty."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Amendment...

The anger of a man's response to a position is of inverse proportion to his understanding. Your draconian nonsense has been declared Un-Constitutional by all three branches of our government. You are a seditious bastard. Hanging is still advocated for treason.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636798 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, son. You're totally lost.
Why don't you go down to your local bum shelter and see about talking them into rehabilitation. Give it a shot.
Or visit the crackheads at the YWCA, see what they think of your little plan.(they'd love it - no worries of punishment for breaking the law).
One thing I REALLY don't undertand about you liberals is how the hell you justify spending tax money to get these crackheads off crack when it was their OWN money that got them into it in the first place.
How much does a year in prison cost versus one year of education?

You just whined that your inability to properly secure your tools gave an addict an opportunity to use more drugs. It was YOUR incompetence and YOUR money that afforded him the opportunity.

You clearly don't even understand the word "liberal". Are you cognizant that The Constitution of the United States of America is the most liberal, most secular document ever composed as the laws of a nation? We the people. Not gods. Not masters. Not tyrants. What you have demonstrated so far is that you only understand half the Second Amendment and none of the rest of the document.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636799 Jul 5, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
i will explain what atheist are saying! they are saying that long time ago,there were a number of blind disordered elements scattered in the universe, then with the passage of time and constant meeting, these elements had a special chance that will never reoccur. a primitive living cell emerged then it reproduced rapidly and developed into the world we see today!! this is the ignorance that you called science, and you are not embarrassed of insisting on facing the world boldly with it!! you are saying that complicated mathematical calculations were solved automatically. you are saying that fine, tiny and great creatures have lives because of a chance they seized and it will never come back!! this is just to escape from believing in the great creator.Poor atheist. Stop escaping.
<quoted text>
Your explanation is wanting. Where did I claim to be an atheist? Your understanding of even simple science is as weak as RR's Constitutional understanding. Were you homeschooled? If so, someone should be incarcerated in a dungeon for a year for incompetence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636800 Jul 5, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job to feed your family.
Ok

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#636801 Jul 5, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't condone mob justice. I was just explaining why it happens. When the police fails you, then what choice do you have? One cannot live in terror all the time.
Mob justice is a symptom of failing law enforcement and growing financial inequality.
Mandela was the leader we needed him to be at the time. Do not forget that before all of that, he was at the very least, instrumental in forming the MK and conducting vandalism and making the country ungovernable. Unfortunately there were some deaths. The people needed rebellion and vigilantism during Apartheid and that is what he was. But when he got released and there was full democracy, he needed to be the forgiving and healing icon, and he rose to that role.
Today we have different issues. We have financial inequality, corruption. Our crime rate has given us more murders over the past 10 years than some war torn countries and countries with terrorism. We pride ourselves with the most humane constitution in the world, yet we have among the highest crime rates in the world. We need a leader who will rise to these challenges and I can bet you that if Mandela was young and taking office right now, he would not have the approach that he had back in 1994.
Certainly, he came out a different man than he went in. Yes, a young Mandela would not have been the icon he is now. His involvement with the MK is true, but it is a moral debate. Would you condone a freedom fighter? To what extent? Anyway, that is on a tangent.

Fact is, he did not use fear during his presidency. I think his stance on having nuclear missiles says all that needs to be said about his willingness to keep peace.

Of course, I do not think anyone here condoned mob justice. What I meant is that there is an element if anger. The justice system should be above this, methinks.

Your comment on my earlier point? Executed felons cannot provife further testimony, making the death penalty a hindrance to the justice system, not an aid
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636802 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
HERE IT IS, FOLKS!
LIBERALISM 101:
<quoted text>
That's right. Shoplifters are good people that're just trying to feed their family by stealing clothes....
pssst: shoplifting isn'a a three strikes offense.
You're not just wrong, you're fractally wrong:

"The complete text of the bill swept far more broadly. Under California’s version of three strikes, first and second strikes must be either violent or serious. These include crimes like murder, attempted murder, rape, child molestation and armed robbery. But in California,“serious” is a term of art that can also include crimes like Norman Williams’s nonconfrontational burglaries. And after a second-strike conviction for such an offense, almost any infraction beyond jaywalking can trigger a third strike and the life sentence that goes with it. One of Romano’s clients was sentenced to life for stealing a dollar in change from the coin box of a parked car."

"Because of criminal histories, the high court let stand the life sentences for Leandro Andrade, convicted of a third strike when he shoplifted videotapes from two Kmarts, and Gary Ewing, who walked out of a store with three golf clubs in a leg of his pants."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/magazine/23...

Perhaps you consider it sport to just make things up out of whole cloth, but it really just makes you appear foolish.
Svenghouli

Brooklyn, NY

#636803 Jul 5, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Children are just people.
They know what is right.
Why would they determine anything?
They need to enjoy their childhood.
You misunderstood her post. She was paraphrasing the axiom, "Be kind to your children. They will be picking your nursing home".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636804 Jul 5, 2013
Svenghouli wrote:
<quoted text>Did you learn that you shouldn't keep necessary tools in a vehicle than can be easily removed? Did you learn that lesson? Have you ever read the Constitution? Did you petition the court for restitution? Did you use civil means as redress for your stupidity of keeping your "livelihood tools" in an easily absconded storage area? Did you reconcile that you were too lazy each evening to properly secure your tools?
Oh shit, I forgot. The foolish, crazy ass liberal mind says you can't park your truck on your own driveway and you can't have your tools in locked toolboxes bolted to the bed of your truck. You can't have that, right?

It's my fault that he stole the truck, right? I tempted him by parking the truck in my driveway. It's almost as though I'm a drug pusher. That poor guy didn't have a chance, he had to steal my tools and my truck.

No, no, no, it's actually society's fault that he stole my truck, right?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#636805 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? No. Drugs ruin lives, not trying to remove drugs.
This is what I mean by liberal nuts.
*addiction ruins lives.

Double Fine has done every drug there is. Worst one, by a long, long way, is adrenaline. Not even the purest coke gives you that rush. Second most dangerous, is alcohol. Those are the stuff that gets you the easiest.

Addiction to any kind of intoxicating drug is capable of ruining your life

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#636806 Jul 5, 2013
Svenghouli wrote:

You just whined that your inability to properly secure your tools gave an addict an opportunity to use more drugs. It was YOUR incompetence and YOUR money that afforded him the opportunity.
I knew that was coming. I don't understand how you can blame me for having a truck with toolboxes that have tools in them and parking in my own driveway.

You would probably blame a woman for being raped because her skirt was too short and she was too sexy and she made the rapist really horny and he couldn't help it.

You're a real sick f*ck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min June VanDerMark 603,081
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min dollarsbill 7,865
The Christian Atheist debate 30 min Doctor Justice_ 3,772
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 272,820
White Lives MATTER 53 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 149
Ever give your boss head? 1 hr Hispanicprincess 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,606
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Soon Armagedon Day 613,065
More from around the web