Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#636705 Jul 4, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I think you meant to write Abiogenesis is the (HYPOTHESIS...you wrote theory), not E = Mc2.
If it was meant to write HYPOTHESIS, and accidentally wrote theory...then I understand your point, and disregard my comment on E = Mc2 being a theory.
Abiogenisis is a hypothesis
E = Mc2 is a theory
The typo threw me off a little.
he does not know the difference.

he abuses language to his advantage

he is just a xtian hate troll.
Falcon67

Brooklyn, NY

#636706 Jul 4, 2013
Here's a thought folks! God is the biggest enigma around. He was around long enough to dictate the ten commandments, and rescue he children of Israel from Egypt. He hung out through history destroying civilizations and ending lives. Oh, and He's also known as a God of love. Ehem! Love? Death? Hate? Destruction? Creation? Anger and Wrath? Positives and Negatives have all been seen in every testament to the existence of God. All the testimonies prove is that God is the sole representative of Man himself, with all his flaws and his striving for perfection. After all he allegedly created us in his image. I guess the image was one of flaw.
Myth Buster

Prescott Valley, AZ

#636707 Jul 4, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
Faith is believing and trusting in a God I have no tangible proof of.
Faith is intellectual cowardice and you're a typical cowardly slave to Dark Ages dogma purely for narcissistic reasons.

“Truthbeknown”

Since: Jun 13

Seattle

#636708 Jul 4, 2013
Falcon67 wrote:
Here's a thought folks! God is the biggest enigma around. He was around long enough to dictate the ten commandments, and rescue he children of Israel from Egypt. He hung out through history destroying civilizations and ending lives. Oh, and He's also known as a God of love. Ehem! Love? Death? Hate? Destruction? Creation? Anger and Wrath? Positives and Negatives have all been seen in every testament to the existence of God. All the testimonies prove is that God is the sole representative of Man himself, with all his flaws and his striving for perfection. After all he allegedly created us in his image. I guess the image was one of flaw.
That Jewish thing with Egypt never happened dude. The Jews weren't enslaved in Egypt and the Exodus never happened....just myth.
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#636709 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists seem to have a hard time discerning fact from opinion.
"The sun and earth formed. Yes, by chance" is a completely unprovable claim.
But they'll never admit it's a claim, they'll say that all the evidence points to that claim.
And when you ask for that evidence, you get called ignorant because of your supposed indoctrination.
O_o
True..

Technicaly, " in reality " there is no such thing as an "Atheist", a word, a person claiming to be, yes. But until they can 100% disprove a Creator, they are blowing smoke in the wind. And they will never do that in this life time.

They have had, according to the Bible over 6,000 years to disprove a Creator. According to evolution, they have had millions of years of evidence to disprove a Creator, and thus far they have FAILED miserably.
Myth Buster

Prescott Valley, AZ

#636710 Jul 4, 2013
The Universe Shows No Evidence for Design:

http://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/F...
Rush

Columbus, NE

#636711 Jul 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
My daddy won the war, but it wasn't July 4th 1776.
That was the day I said to pull back and leave this long haired country boy alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bs4y5si8DGsXX
That was October 19, 1781 when Cornwallis surrendered to my DaddyO!
Wow! Thanks for that link! I haven't heard that song in years! Then right below it was the hiwaymen. My grandson was sitting on my lap and just fell asleep listening to Johnny Cash. What a great end to the 4th! Thanks Aura!

“Truthbeknown”

Seattle

#636712 Jul 4, 2013
waaaz up wrote:
<quoted text>
True..
Technicaly, " in reality " there is no such thing as an "Atheist", a word, a person claiming to be, yes. But until they can 100% disprove a Creator, they are blowing smoke in the wind. And they will never do that in this life time.
They have had, according to the Bible over 6,000 years to disprove a Creator. According to evolution, they have had millions of years of evidence to disprove a Creator, and thus far they have FAILED miserably.
The description of an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a God.

You theists cannot prove that a God exists, so you are in the same boat as an atheist who doesn't believe in a God.

The exact opposite is true about theists. They have had, technically, about 3500 years to prove their God and they have been totally unable to do so.

Meanwhile, through all of this rancor between the two camps, science has been quietly disproving a bunch of the Sh!t that the theists believe in....showing that a lot of the Bible is truly mythical.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#636713 Jul 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Pistels are hot!
pistil, the female reproductive part of a flower. The pistil, centrally located, typically consists of a swollen base, the ovary, which contains the potential seeds, or ovules; a stalk, or style, arising from the ovary; and a pollen-receptive tip, the stigma, variously shaped and often sticky.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/461...

You're the sticky part, sir.

http://img.sparknotes.com/figures/B/b1ab5bb87...

Are you sure you want to be female, sir?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#636714 Jul 4, 2013
The just shall be in everlasting
remembrance: he shall not fear the
evil hearing.

“Truthbeknown”

Seattle

#636715 Jul 4, 2013
Temporarily wrote:
<quoted text>
The description of an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in a God.
You theists cannot prove that a God exists, so you are in the same boat as an atheist who doesn't believe in a God.
The exact opposite is true about theists. They have had, technically, about 3500 years to prove their God and they have been totally unable to do so.
Meanwhile, through all of this rancor between the two camps, science has been quietly disproving a bunch of the Sh!t that the theists believe in....showing that a lot of the Bible is truly mythical.
You don't know much history do you?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#636716 Jul 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not about "choosing" to support a killer over a child's education. It's about the barbarism of the state punishing crime with death.
If you choose to let a serial killer live, then by default, you would be supporting that serial killer with your tax money. You obviously wouldn't say "I choose to support this poor murderer guy over my daughters education", but that is the ultimate outcome.

Capital punishment is not about happily and enthusiastically killing criminals. It's about sending a message that the government will not tolerate murderous behaviour and supports the ideal that honest and innocent citizens inherit the land.

It of course isn't effective applied just on its own. The government has to actively try to ensure financial equality to show that not only is it punishing crime, but doing what it can to not put its citizens in a position where they are tempted into crime.

“Listen to the sounds”

#636717 Jul 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite...
Injustice must be actively applied. Forced upon someone, if you will.
"Evil", likewise. You may have all the evil in the world in your heart - nobody will care, as long as you keep it there. It won't affect anyone else unless you let it influence your actions.
The Qur'an also teaches, in Surah 42, that Allah will admit to his mercy whom he will - not necessarily just Muslims.
"If Allah had so willed, He could have made them a single people; but He admits whom He will to His Mercy." - Ash-Shûra.
Of course I do not teach, preach or proclaim that humans evolved from monkeys. That's simply not true, and I do not know of any scientist who makes that claim. Some fundamentalists do so mischaracterize evolution - but they're either ignorant or deliberately lying.
And given the time frame and the unlikelihood of my living for several million years, I doubt I'll ever see evolution with my own eyes. Is that at requirement? Because if it is, I'll have to ask about your personal chats with your deity. What color are his eyes, and does he have a beard?
There is a shocking difference between what the Quran says, and what many Muslims believe, due to the ignorant and unwarranted preaching of Maulanas and Shaikhs and all kinds of other nonsense hierachy. Many Muslims don't even read the Quran's meaning, and when they do, they partially translate it.

"Lo! Those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them, neither shall they grieve."
—Qur'an, Sura 2 (Al-Baqara), ayat 62[5]

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians, and the Magians, and those who associate others with All&#257;h – surely will Allah decide between them on the Day of Resurrection. Lo! Allah is a witness over all things." - The Qu'ran 22:17

Whenever people read the Quran, they don't translate the words "Muslim" and "Islam". Those are old words. "Islam" means submission and "Muslim" means, "One who submits".

"And Abraham instructed his sons to do the same and so did Jacob, saying, "O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you this religion, so do not die except while you are Muslims." -[2:132].

Now that was long before Muhammed or even Jesus existed. So what are Muslims doing in that time? But it makes better sense, when the whole thing is translated:

"And Abraham instructed his sons to do the same and so did Jacob, saying, "O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you this religion, so do not die except while you are of those who submit."

"Yes, whoever submits his face in Islam to Allah while being a doer of good will have his reward with his Lord. And no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve."-2:112

"Yes, whoever submits his face in submission to Allah while being a doer of good will have his reward with his Lord. And no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve." -:112

And today's Muslims know very little about evolution. It's very weird, considering that evolution was well known to Muslims from even before Darwin. Ibn Khaldun even had the theory that we are distant cousins of monkeys and apes.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#636718 Jul 5, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you choose to let a serial killer live, then by default, you would be supporting that serial killer with your tax money. You obviously wouldn't say "I choose to support this poor murderer guy over my daughters education", but that is the ultimate outcome.
Capital punishment is not about happily and enthusiastically killing criminals. It's about sending a message that the government will not tolerate murderous behaviour and supports the ideal that honest and innocent citizens inherit the land.
It of course isn't effective applied just on its own. The government has to actively try to ensure financial equality to show that not only is it punishing crime, but doing what it can to not put its citizens in a position where they are tempted into crime.
We pay serial killers to hold offices, they will never find themselves guilty much less execute their self.
Shh, you could be the target in the next drone strike.

“Listen to the sounds”

#636719 Jul 5, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
no civil society should ever allow the government to execute those citizens found inconvenient.
Then you must turn your house into a non profit prison, and invite the gangs and mob bosses to your house and tell the government and all your neighbours, that you'll take care of them and rehabilitate them at your own expense.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#636720 Jul 5, 2013
Temporarily wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much history do you?
We cannot survive without God.
People are evil.
Caving should not be taught to the public,
especially children and teens.
It is as dangerous as climbing walls.
Fear evil.

“Listen to the sounds”

#636721 Jul 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We pay serial killers to hold offices, they will never find themselves guilty much less execute their self.
Shh, you could be the target in the next drone strike.
That is a tragedy, as it means that the independence of the judiciary is being eroded.

There are perhaps 4 entities in a country. There are the people (with their associated private sector business); the government; the judiciary; and the treasury. The judiciary and the treasury has to be independent for any state to run. Once that is compromised, things will be going south.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#636722 Jul 5, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
We cannot survive without God.
People are evil.
Caving should not be taught to the public,
especially children and teens.
It is as dangerous as climbing walls.
Fear evil.
Fear children. After all, they will determine your final repose.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636723 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Even if it did, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them.
It wouldn't feel strange to you? That's... strange.

You can't say that. You have no idea what it's like to be a nonbeliever surrounded by the unwarranted intrusions of belief. I'm pretty confident that if you had to worry about your child not receiving a quality education because of nonsensical "teach the vampiric controversy" campaigns, you might feel compelled to speak out against it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636724 Jul 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with that? Seriously, if 95% of the people believe in a god, why not have it on the currency?
Why should 95% cater to the 5% and lose out?
IF 95% of people were satan worshipers, would you be cool with "in satan we trust" on our money?

How are you "losing out" by not plastering your religious sentiments on everything? It affects your faith if you don't have your belief affirmed by a piece of currency?

Furthermore, in this country, yes, the majority is expected to refrain from publicly favoring the majority religion. It is not "catering to" anyone to follow the constitution.

I guess you only believe in the principals this country was founded upon so long as they don't infringe on your "right" to mix the state with the majority religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min dollarsbill 8,359
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 min sangili karuppan 7,656
The Christian Atheist debate 26 min Critical Eye 4,082
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 41,170
Fight at Seasons Inn last night. 1 hr Unknown allen ky 1
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 1 hr nightwalker 152
Poll What's your opinion on Mexicans? (Jul '10) 1 hr Johnny 78
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr June VanDerMark 603,567
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr Lyndi 177,899
More from around the web