|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in the words of IANS, my words were addressed to him, but there are maybe some people reading. Maybe someone, somewhere could actually profit from those words.
And if I can just get *one* mind to swing from being creationist to thinking "hey, maybe that Hovind guy is talking smack", then I would feel a job well done.
So yes, maybe I am not helping RR, but maybe I am helping somebody else.
You know, I had a god belief for a few years, too. But I never was a creationist, because of my in-depth knowledge of the Mesozoic Period, for starters. So I am sure there are people that I sway
A person can be a Christian and NOT a Creationist at the same time, you know...
Greens - tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants to know if there is such a thing as darkness, and if there is such a thing as cold! I suppose that could be classed as crazy!
As in, do you know the temperature that energy would need for there to be darkness.
Is there a certain temperature that could do it ?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
You've proved that god doesn't exist.
On to the next thread.
I have?!

How have I done something that no atheist can do (even though they desperately try to everyday)?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't have faith.
100% wrong!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Greens - tuf wrote:
Hey DF, I will help you.
If you loop the speed of light around itself you will have a mass of energy.
Yo

Was away, toilin'

Universe before the atom? Moon becomes a black hole?

Not following, sorry

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So god is not omnipotent.
Thanks for once again proving god does not exist.
Have you switched sides?
How do you figure?

You know, the Bible never call s God all-powerful?

No?

You read that on an atheist site and believed it?

Go figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of reasons not to assume god exists.
Like....?

Why do post posts like this? It's so half-assed and lazy. If you're wanting to make a point, make a damn point.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> The more interesting question is why would anyone respond to an obvious crackpot like Myth? Any well adjusted,rational person can tell Myth is either not for real or worse yet,dead serious in which case his grasp of reality and sanity is questionable.Either way that is a poster one should avoid agreeing with no matter what common ground you may have. It pollutes and dilutes your authority by doing so.
Double Fine responds to all. Double Fine is liked and admired by all. Some pisters on here even calls Double Fine a god

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you forgot to emphasise the word belief, belief is the magic word here, it means that it is belief. It does not mean that it is truth or fact or knowledge, they are completely different words with completely different meanings
This of course does not stop christians obfuscating the meaning of truth or knowledge of fact by randomly dropping those words in place of belief and faith as you did in your second sentence
I really do wish christians would be more truthful, which has been my contention since you were a little boy in dypers
Wow... That means you're really old....

And can't even spell 'diapers' correctly...

LMAO!

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Imaginary father figure in the sky? Eternal souls? Delusions are for the feeble-minded and weak-willed. Grow up!
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/rib...
Rocks getting bored after a million years in the same place, so they grow arms and feet to move to another spot....Yes...yes...Delusions are for the feeble-minded and weak-willed..Lol..Come on PA...get a little creative and tell me how abiogenesis happens!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Anything supernatural is just something beyond scientific understanding.
Are you the type of person that thinks if science hasn't discovered something or science can't understand something, then it must not (or probably doesn't) exist?
ChristineM wrote:
You opinion is your opinion and opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one
Still the million dollar prize offered to anyone (ANYONE) who can prove supernatural in any what whatsoever remains unclaimed.
You are pouring your ignorant BS on me again, I have said this before and I will say it again, I do not conform to your goddidt mentality and THAT is all you can accurately guess about the type of person I am. Other than that you have no frigging idea what type of person I am, all you can do is make random guesses based on your personal goddidit ignorance viewpoint.
Woman. I asked you a question.

"Are you the type of person that thinks if science hasn't discovered something or science can't understand something, then it must not (or probably doesn't) exist?"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

shahid afridi wrote:
<quoted text>
You will never get the answer unless and until you post 50 comments here.Maybe someone will reply you after that.
Kallis is King!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>We can't observe it directly, of course, but we can observe the "echo" from it, in the form of the 2.725įK Cosmic Background Radiation (CBR).Kudos to Penzias and Wilson, not for discovering it (that was accidental) but for realizing what it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave...
We have created mini Big Bangs (I loathe that term) in the LHC at CERN. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
At the moment, these both can be viewed as attempts to falsify, at least in so far as they were, and are, subject to intense scrutiny to see if the observed data conflict with theory. They don't.
Apart from that and so far, our attempts to negate are perforce limited to mathematical and theoretical-physics testing.
So far, so good.
I don't understand that technical stuff.

Maybe Double Fine can translate it for me.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants to know if there is such a thing as darkness, and if there is such a thing as cold! I suppose that could be classed as crazy!
If he is passed grade school , then yes it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry? I thought you made statements about what the babble did NOT say - and I proved you wrong by citing what the babble DOES actually say and provided verses to verify my statement which contradict your statements and therefore makes you a liar.
As for omnipotence, the definition I use is from
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnipo...
1.almighty or infinite in power, as God.
2.having very great or unlimited authority or power.
But it makes no difference, most dictionaries are similar.
So then we look up unlimited
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unlimi...
1.not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.
2.boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.
3.without any qualification or exception; unconditional.
So no, not the actual definition but the definition you choose because you are too stupid to comprehend the meaning of unlimited.
You're missing a very valid point I made yesterday.

The Bible does't talk about God's "unlimited power" as you atheists think it does. In fact, the Bible makes a point to explain what God's limitiations are.

God's power fits with your first defintion: "having very great or unlimited authority or power".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine responds to all. Double Fine is liked and admired by all. Some pisters on here even calls Double Fine a god
Hey!

Who you calling a pister?

You mutha f......

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>To be fair - what we write here is pretty much all we have to go on when judging each other's intelligence. It's pretty much the exact opposite of judging a book by it's cover. Not saying that a wordy vocabulary automatically means you're intelligent, not at all - it's more about the general ability to turn thoughts into coherent sentences - big words are usually unnecessary.
to be fair, I think stooping to name calling and denigration as a means of dodging questions that one can't answer shows a much greater lack of intelligence than one's use of vocabulary.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
If one was to look over these posts one would note that a minute fraction of them are original posts, like this one. Very few of us initiate something to discuss, it is overwhelmingly an action and reaction emotion based endeavor.
If I was masochistic I would wade through them and see if it was the theists or the atheists making the preponderance of original posts. I am willing to bet it is the theists. The atheists don't seem to have the mental horsepower to come up with original ideas. Why they screech so much.
That would be a scientific study, wouldn't it?
Happy 4th of July.
And I am willing to bet it is the atheist

You will find that the majority of theists posts are rehashes of older posts, itís the godbot way, to be debunked then go back and start over and over again hoping for a different outcome next time round, they simply donít have the mental horsepower to learn from previous experience.

Another good candidate for scientific study would be the preponderance of religious experiences reported in high limestone bedrock areas that suffer from acid rainfall compared to similar populations not living on limestone bedrock.

I have personally noticed that the babble belt marries up almost perfectly with the massive limestone deposits cutting across from North to South East America and the highest incidence of religious fervour tends to be downwind of major industrial cities.

That would be a scientific study, wouldn't it?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
As in, do you know the temperature that energy would need for there to be darkness.
Is there a certain temperature that could do it ?

Compound stupid questions huh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
All the available evidence tells us that life cannot create itself.
Wrong. The hypothesis have nit been falsified. Granted, replication of abiogenesis has not yet been done. But it is a far cry off when stating that the availlable evidence shows us it is not possible

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••