“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#636250 Jul 4, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that quite often, the quality peer reviewed journals are not free for everyone to see. I'm not sure about other fields, but in my field, the quality journals available regarding chemistry and chemical engineering require a subscription. ACS, Wiley, Springerlink, and Sciencedirect are all paid services.
Some of the links people post here from these alleged online "science" news papers, are like scraps that the scientific community feeds the public. They only have the end suggestions. The actual experimental technique and associated accuracy is often not made available to the general public. One has to gain access through a university or research institution to get all that.
It's quite a debatable issue. How freely accessible should knowledge be?
A good question. However, those whondid the work, deserve to get paid. It is wrong to use your time and expertise, and expect to walk away with all my questions answered.

However, on the converse, I must also not be totally excluded. The information must be accessible. It must be accessible to those who actually persue it. If I want to do research, I should not have to be a billionaire to find out whag the methodology etc was

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#636251 Jul 4, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your reply man.
Can i ask you a simple question, is there such a thing as cold?
Ooo! Ooo!

I know!

Ask me! Ask me!

Since: May 12

Ghana

#636252 Jul 4, 2013
Thank you for your opinion. It seems like you have a problem with going to school. Anyways thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, i did not get any answers. Plus, school teach their opinions.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
now there is a bold lie

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#636253 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt say he was holding the victim's neck, did I?
Hey River. How's tricks?
The term victim is always tenuous, isn't it?

Hey DF !!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#636254 Jul 4, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
<quoted text>Great! whatg about darkness, is there such a thing as darkness?
Ooo! Ooo!

Ask me! Ask me!

#636255 Jul 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest reason is that about all life at this point had all very soft tissues, and no bones or exoskeletons. It had to fall in silt or mud to fossilize. But there have been lots found in China at a place called the Dengying Formation recently.
China is the fossil hotbed, methinks. The fossils dated from the Mesozoic, particularly the protobirds, are fascinating! China really is proving to be a very interestig place, geologically

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#636256 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The 'spherical triangle' is just an example of something that cannot be done. It defies logic altogether.

God is not unlimited in His abilities.

Let me explain. The Bible says that He's everlasting, infinite, right? Ok, play along. So going with that in mind, God can't remember a time that He didn't exist and can't foresee a future where He doesn't exist. That too would defy logic.
Thank you.

You've proved that god doesn't exist.

On to the next thread.

#636257 Jul 4, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Using evolution to discount a purposely created world is not helping you.
Evolution is a fact to me, yes we evolved, how else would it of happened ?
So really you need to go further back than that, like say the "atom".
Explain the dynamics of an atom for me please.
That is plenty far back. What do you mean the dynamics of an atom?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#636258 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>100% wrong!
So you don't have faith.

#636259 Jul 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be doing it wrong.
Happy Lesbo gave me a scarf, two tuna sandwiches and a pat on the ass.
*drools*

Tell us more?

Since: May 12

Ghana

#636260 Jul 4, 2013
LOL, your already lost man.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooo! Ooo!
Ask me! Ask me!
Greens - tuf

Australia

#636261 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
The pulling force bodies of mass exert one each other
What is mass?

If the sun went into super nova right now and turned into a black hole would it suck planet earth into it any time soon?

No it would not because the pulling power of the black hole would be determined by its original mass.

Same with the moon if it turned into a black hole, it's mass would still effect our tides but that is it, so again, what is mass?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#636262 Jul 4, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say God can probably make a spherical triangle. We just won't have the level of understanding to appreciate it. A black hole can turn the 3 dimensional into 2 dimensional, and there is a case for the universe being flat, even despite us living in a 3D world.
The flat universe has todo with the curvature of space due to its total mass and whether it will recollapse, approach zero expansion or continue expanding.

#636263 Jul 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The term victim is always tenuous, isn't it?
Hey DF !!
Lol. You are quite the sharp one today.

How is our favourite (*Looks around for HL, sees coast is clear*) lesbian doing today?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#636264 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a atom really made of ?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636265 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
China is the fossil hotbed, methinks. The fossils dated from the Mesozoic, particularly the protobirds, are fascinating! China really is proving to be a very interestig place, geologically
They found an actual proto feather froma dino in amber
It looks like a stick with hairs growing out of it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#636266 Jul 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. A spherical triangle is logically impossible. God is all-powerful but even that has limitations.

God cannot contradict His nature or the nature of things as they are. It is not possible for God to either lie or to die. Neither can He make two plus two equal five.

If it is not possible for God to do something, then His power DOES have it's limits.
So god is not omnipotent.

Thanks for once again proving god does not exist.

Have you switched sides?
Greens - tuf

Australia

#636267 Jul 4, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Thank you for your opinion. It seems like you have a problem with going to school. Anyways thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, i did not get any answers. Plus, school teach their opinions.
<quoted text>
The tough questions never get answered here.
Funny that.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#636268 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is this. Where is the room for the little guy? Those tinkers, the Edisons of today. Like my father, for instance. The guys that have an idea and spend their holiday money on their ideas. They are screwed, almost all of them. I can name very few companies in SA willing to put out a five or a ten million randon something that MAY yield substantial return.
I cannot see the need for an international patent to be so goddamned expensive. If I design a tennis ball that self combusts and gives a woman an orgasm just by looking at it, it is my original idea and original concept. Stealing my idea, copying my idea or selling my idea without consent should be WRONG.
Instead, the big guy just walks over the little guy, as if he is not even there.
Yeah it is unfair, but what can you do? The thing is, an idea is just something inside your head. You have to convert it to something tangible and it has been a great generational problem, that there is a rift between people who are scientific, inventive and innovative, and people who are business and investor minded.

Bringing an idea into a world is not simply bringing an idea, its about bringing a system. The big guys of today were yesterdays little guys, and they built themselves up by establishing businesses based on essential service, that are independent of patents. Things like food, milk, housing rental, toilet paper, that people will always need, and only once they establish a cash flow from that, then they bring their grand ideas into the world, and they can fund these grand ideas with money from their essential services.

It's a long haul game dude, sometimes even a vision that would take generations. Things like facebook and other famous .coms are a freak of nature, but the majority of people achieve success in the way I explained.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#636269 Jul 4, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
. You have gone further back with you're knowledge of the Universe.
As in there was no time, no space only energy.
So you explained the Universe before the atom.
So where is the problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min USA Born 545,218
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min WasteWater 4,610
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 12 min Kid_Tomorrow 4,250
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 13 min Paul is dead 2,902
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 18 min Kid_Tomorrow 1,119
Beko Servis TARABYA SERVISI (| 299 I5 34 |) Bek... 19 min halentfr 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min I B Eagle 228,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Charlie Sheen 260,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,449
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Roberta G 174,213

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE