|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Al...I do believe we are two peas in a pod! How ya been dear friend?
Just super busy and trying to post when I only have seconds to do it. I really should get a real computer because trying to type on an iPhone is pure madness.
How are things mi Amiga?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did it ever occur to you that there is no reason to even assume that a god exists?
But you're right, it's absurd that I can think of better solutions than your immortal deity. Would I have made it possible for cancerous cells to proliferate in the human body? Would I have made our arteries prone to clogging? Nope, but your super intelligent god did.
But he's mysterious, so it's ok.
I never said it was absurd to think of better or other solutions...actually, I think it's awesome that we take the initiative to try and find out. I just don't agree with the Darwin theory...and I also believe in God. Doesn't make me an idiot....Darwin's theory has holes that you aren't willing to recognize. The idea of God...that has holes too....but I'm not on here ranting like baboon trying to make excuses for them. I do have the guts to simply say...yes...it's curious and I don't know and can't explain it.....yet I still believe.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The religiously retarded Riverside Redneck is unquestionably one the most moronic godbots to ever post in this forum. Why do continue replying to this stark raving mad insane lunatic?
I often ask myself that question.

And, for a while I ignored RR.

It's entertainment; I hope you can tell that I don't take him seriously.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
So do tell...what kind of pixie dust was thrown on your non-living matter to bring forth life? Oh the delusions we all must endure!
Lol!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! We all have faith, including you buckwheat.
Fallacy of equivocation, simpleton.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if Double Fine has to call it. Consciousness has only been seen in biological organisms. That would be the hypothesis, one would imagine.
Until life had emerged, methinks we cannot assume consciousness have been around
Let me try this way. You say consciousness has been "seen" in biological systems. Has it really been seen or is it the *results* of conscious manipulation that we sense?

Consciousness is not a tangible thing. A brain is. Therefore we can be more than 50% certain that a brain wasn't always in existence, but until we make consciousness a tangible thing then we cannot assume anything about it. You are assuming that it came into being. You can believe it but you can't say that science has any more right to claim that consciousness came into being rather than always being. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter if we only notice it being associated with sentient life; we don't know what it is.
Double Fine wrote:
Craig Venter's work does not falsify the hypothesis of abiogenesis. That in itself is quite big. Had this for some reason not been possible, then that would have dashed our theories to smithereens.

I don't understand you here. Would you try to explain it for me?

While you're doing that, consider this. Who better to figure out what I am than myself? If I can't figure out what I am then who will? Some scientist? Really? My consciousness is mine and no one else's. I can't figure out what I am. That's because consciousness is intangible even to ourselves. We can't assume anything about something intangible.

You're saying consciousness came into being just because we see it associated with certain life. There is also energy associated with
that same sentient life. Should we assume energy came into being also?

Who better to figure out what I am than myself?

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

“…I’m sorry, but that’s completely ridiculous! How can I possibly prove it doesn’t exist?… I mean, you could claim that anything’s real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody’s proved it doesn’t exist!”
(Hermione Granger,'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows', ch 21, p 411)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean it like that, I was disagreeing with a specific interpretation of what it means to see the world like a child - in black and white.
Oh, sorry.
waaaz up

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you bother replying to the religiously retarded Riverside Redneck? He'll only reply with definitively wrong statements because the death-denying coward doesn't have the guts to seek professional help for his mental illness. You're not helping this stark raving mad insane lunatic by feeding his insatiable need for attention on an international forum.
What attention do you seek from this forum? All you do is spew out the same ol regurgitated BS...

Self awareness isnt your strong suit is it...lol

You are a broken record, that needs a new catch phrase..

And you actually think you contribute any thing?/ puuuleees..

Since: Mar 11

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never respected mine, so why should I respect yours?:)
You are the joke, what a hypocrite.
You have insulted people for having a lack of spelling and grammar skills, yet in the same paragraph you have poor grammar, and spelling!!! Oh but that's probably due to when you paste your plagiarized material you haven't "clicked" in the correct position. Oh, that's OK then!!!
You have done so much research on the Holocaust, that you have come to the conclusion, it didn't happen, to the point it's a hoax! BUT it is your hate for the Jews that has driven that conclusion. Yet you insult Atheists for not trusting or believing Christian religions.
Your above post proves you believe in "An eye for an eye", man that is such a great philosophy. I think the Jewish people believe that also! That philosophy has killed millions of people, in Gods name. Which is one reason many don't like or believe in religions and or Gods.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
One might. As for me, I don't know or attest to know the mind of God. Just wondering...do you think only evolutionary scientists...or people with degrees in science are the only educated people on this earth? For all you know I could have a PhD in a great deal of different educational areas. Your response is infantile at best.
oh, but you do

you are one bundle of hubris.

"truth" indeed.

You are no academic, your prose is here for all to see.

the god you imagine is a projection of your psyche.

you are an indoctrinated christian.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please...explain why this happened. Perhaps you have expert knowledge above that of Douglas Erwin and James Valentine, experts on the Cambrian fossil record.
evolution is perhaps the most verified scientific theory.

evolution is better understood than is gravity.

If the theory of evolution were to completely fail tomorrow, you would be no closer to a proof of the existence of the evil entity you call god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please...explain why this happened. Perhaps you have expert knowledge above that of Douglas Erwin and James Valentine, experts on the Cambrian fossil record.
Why do you value the opinion of two experts who are very much in the minority, but ignore the opinion of the vast majority of evolutionary scientists?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Cambrian fossil experts do you suppose are out there? I'm gonna wager those two doll baby scientists have some serious man parts to stand up and tell the truth against all odds and criticism. Kudos to them!
You may have evolved...geez...I can see you now just beatin your chest, dangling from a tree, squalin like a howler monkey! You're just about to convince me based on your ranting alone!
:) Calm down Timmy...it ain't the end of the world that we each have our own opinions.
your is informed by xenophobia, paranoia and fear.

You are so completely indoctrinated that you are not aware.

aided by intellect so low, as to render you a theist.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Define "spiritual evidence." There is no such thing.
I have certainly experinced feelings you could call "spiritual." Every human being has the capacity for it, because we all have similar brains. The feeling of awe is nothing more than a mental phenomena that can be produced in the lab, or with drugs, or with meditation, or by religion. No outside agent is required.
Yeah, you only doubt the science that conflicts with your unfounded religious views. Crazy coincidence. You probably would doubt evolution anyway, even if you weren't a christian, right?
I can't define spiritual evidence, but working in the medical field, I have seen and heard of numerous events that were unexplainable by physicians. I have personally never experienced a miracle, but I can't tell you the number of patients who have had unexplainable events or miracle like things occur that they almost always attribute to God or explain as spiritual evidence that God, indeed, must exist. I don't use that as evidence to back up my belief...it just is what it is. Whether you like or believe it is your choice, but in the end, it is their personal experiences and they occur all the time. For these people, it is evidence. What you term as a mental phenomenon, to them is a real spiritual experience. What kind of phenomena would suggest is it when four PET scans, done over a two week period, by four separate machines, shows three separate huge masses in three different areas on a man's body. Following two prayer services and the testimony from this man of having a very odd spiritual encounter with God...no medication, no medical intervention of any sort, his scans come back clear. explain that... You can't. Nor could the scientific/medical world. But that man...he recognized it as spiritual evidence.

I don't doubt science because of my belief. I believe, because science has given me so much to doubt. Not to mention, I am completely and utterly amazed and captivated by the love and life of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's anti-Abrahamic religion satire/sarcasm entertainment. This one is my favorite. The rest of them are tediously boring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"It makes them look friendly!" xD
Now that I know it's a sin to wear wool on more than 50% of your body, I'm surely gonna make it to heaven :)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Cambrian fossil experts do you suppose are out there? I'm gonna wager those two doll baby scientists have some serious man parts to stand up and tell the truth against all odds and criticism. Kudos to them!
You may have evolved...geez...I can see you now just beatin your chest, dangling from a tree, squalin like a howler monkey! You're just about to convince me based on your ranting alone!
:) Calm down Timmy...it ain't the end of the world that we each have our own opinions.
I suppose there are more than two, and I also suppose that the opinion of evolutionary researchers in general is also relevant, not just those who focus on the cambrian.

And if it turns out that they are correct (highly unlikely) and that the cambrian "disproves" evolution, they will go down in history. I would be interested in knowing what alternate explanation they might propose to explain the diversity of life that does not involve magic. I am not bound to evolution as you are bound to creationism. It would not bother me if it was disproven.

I am perfectly calm. Does it bother you to think that you are related to chimps? Does it bother you to know you are, in fact, a great ape? This often seems to be the case with creationists, and I detect a hint of it in your post with your howler monkey comment.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I know. You thought up all this jesus stuff on your own.
Nope.....Over 40 authors left written information over a span of greater than 1500 years that was later compiled into one book...the bible. I read it...and I'm totally influenced by it...But not By a group of people or a man behind some pulpit who preaches one thing and does another.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't define spiritual evidence, but working in the medical field, I have seen and heard of numerous events that were unexplainable by physicians. I have personally never experienced a miracle, but I can't tell you the number of patients who have had unexplainable events or miracle like things occur that they almost always attribute to God or explain as spiritual evidence that God, indeed, must exist. I don't use that as evidence to back up my belief...it just is what it is. Whether you like or believe it is your choice, but in the end, it is their personal experiences and they occur all the time. For these people, it is evidence. What you term as a mental phenomenon, to them is a real spiritual experience. What kind of phenomena would suggest is it when four PET scans, done over a two week period, by four separate machines, shows three separate huge masses in three different areas on a man's body. Following two prayer services and the testimony from this man of having a very odd spiritual encounter with God...no medication, no medical intervention of any sort, his scans come back clear. explain that... You can't. Nor could the scientific/medical world. But that man...he recognized it as spiritual evidence.
I don't doubt science because of my belief. I believe, because science has given me so much to doubt. Not to mention, I am completely and utterly amazed and captivated by the love and life of Jesus Christ.
The word "evidence" has a meaning.

You are abusing the word.

You're welcome to have your religious faith, but evidence plays no part.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 603,841 - 603,860 of719,971
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

555 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Patrick 224,005
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min atemcowboy 532,313
Transportes Lozada roba carga de Amebol (Dec '08) 7 min ENRIQUE VARGAS 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Holy dr Shrink 599,038
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Porkpie Hat 256,364
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min andet1987 3,944
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min WildWeirdWillie 172,204
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 51 min Hate troublemaking arabs 114,944
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Thamizhan 4,467
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••