|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:

if you are confused about the term there are dictionaries.
there is a school near you
get some
You mean:

"If you are confused about the term, there are dictionaries."

And.. "There is a school near you."

And.... WTF is 'get some'?! Get some school?

You're a dumb ass.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:

you are unregistered, and your rant is not attributed.
*waits for you to say the same to Myth Buster*

*and waits...*

*and waits...*

*and waits...*

*and waits...*
Myth Buster

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

The neurobiological basis of hyper-religiosity:

The question of why people believe in supernatural entities and eternal life after death has not been answered satisfactorily although there are theories about this. Vail, Rothschild, Weise, Solomon, Pyszczynski, and Greenberg (2010) argue that people become religious and spread their religion because of their existential fear, their fear of the inevitability of death. Others, for example Boyer (2001), consider religion as a nonadaptive byproduct of other human qualities that have evolved by natural selection. Another view is provided by Ysseldyk, Matheson, and Anisman (2010), who believe that eternal group membership by which people can identify themselves is an important motivation for religion. Sedikides and Gebauer (2010) add self enhancement to this list of theories, which they defined as socially desirable responding.

Religion influences individuals and the society in which they live. This influence can be either positive or negative. The strong group membership which is facilitated by religiosity can cause an individual to have a good social support system. But at the same time conflicts can arise between different groups, which can happen in the form of wars between countries or civil wars.

Hyper-religiosity is an excessive or extreme form of religiosity. In this paper, hyper-religiosity is considered a psychopathological form of extreme religiosity, which is mainly found in patients with a psychological or psychiatric disorder. The symptoms vary greatly among patients, with some patients experiencing only one of the symptoms while others experience a multitude of symptoms. The symptoms can also vary in degree of severity. Some symptoms of hyper religiosity are visual and/or auditory hallucinations of God or other religious figures, feelings of being one with the world around you and/or God, intense emotions of God’s presence, and the conviction that you are chosen by God or another religious figure to carry out a certain task. What is striking about these symptoms is that the focus is not on central aspects of religion, like taking care of others, but on very specific, exaggerated tasks, emotions or perceptions.

http://arno.uvt.nl/show.cgi...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean:
"If you are confused about the term, there are dictionaries."
And.. "There is a school near you."
And.... WTF is 'get some'?! Get some school?
You're a dumb ass.
You like me better, than I like you.

I can appreciate that.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
"We r aped th e horses"
Cheers!!!
"And we rode off on the women"
Cheers !!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

karl44 wrote:
You like me better, than I like you.
You don't fully understand the comma do you?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What theories are being disproven? Dates were changed, that's not the same as a theory being disproven, and it's not a bad thing that scientists correct their mistakes.
There aren't two sides to these issues. Or rather, there may be, but the other side surely isn't composed of IDers or creationists. They have an agenda. They *need* to get a certain answer. There is nothing biased about ignoring their nonsense. I am quite open minded and do not care one way or the other how we got here - if tomorrow we found irrefutable proof of god, I'd be a believer. If tomorrow we found an irrefutable disproof of god, you can bet believers would still be believers.
Is pro evolution like being pro gravity?
Well...let's see...if evolutionary scientists who are experts on the Cambrian fossil record agree that animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals....then it pretty much blow the Darwin theory of evolution completely out of the water. I mean, if you wanna continue to insist that all life forms evolved, using the fossil record as your key evidence, then by all means, do that. However, scientific evidence clearly cannot prove that and two expert evolutionary scientists have very clearly stated such. That article had nothing to do with dates being changed. Did you even read it? It was clear, the two evolutionary scientists, who, again, are EXPERTS on the Cambrian fossils and who are not creationists...clearly stated that animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals. They had no agenda...there was no "need", as you state, for a certain answer. There was an abrupt appearance of phyla and there is no fossil record to prove that phyla evolved from anything.

It seems to me you may not be biased, but rather, just flat refuse to accept the fact that your Darwinist' beliefs have no true evidence of proof available.

You can smart off about pro evolution all day long, but until you can provide proof of how that huge, diverse, phyla of life forms came into existence all of the sudden via your evolutionary theory...you're just showing your ignorance and refusal to accept factual data. The reality is...you're no different than the creationists you love so much to throw off on.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No rational person, mind free from dogma, can deny that. The only other explanation is a trickster deity, running around planting fossils everywhere and tooling around with our dna, among many, many other things.
It has not...What...your circular reasoning of "we evolved because we evolved" when the evidence actually shows that vast and diverse life forms appeared abruptly with no evidence of any life forms available that they evolved from can be produced leaves no reasonable doubt? Are you kidding me? LOL...HILARIOUS!!!

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uniformitarianism is kind of... essiantial to modern science. No big surprise there. We have no reason to believe that the natural laws we see today and the laws governing radioactive decay were any different in the past.
Faith is a cop out. It's an excuse for the lack of proof. There is an invisible monkey that lives on my shoulder and feeds me information. I don't need proof - I have faith.
Uniformitarianism is the ASSUMPTION that the same natural laws and processes that operate in the universe now have always operated in the universe in the past and apply everywhere in the universe. Once again...it's an ASSUMPTION!

Faith isn't a cop out or an excuse. I don't need or require proof, therefore....I don't need an excuse. You do, however, because you lack faith.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>We are to banana as a cell phone is to a computer? Give me a break. We share dna because we share common ancestry - there is absolutely no reason why an infinite intelligence would be required to use the same genes across the whole board unless he wanted to deceive us.
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps, as human beings, we deceive ourselves...particularly when we assume we have the right to place ourselves on the same playing field as an immortal God. Personally, I think to assume a God might think on the same intelligence level of man is kinda silly.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps, as human beings, we deceive ourselves...particularly when we assume we have the right to place ourselves on the same playing field as an immortal God. Personally, I think to assume a God might think on the same intelligence level of man is kinda silly.
but an undereducated woman

would know the mind of god

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't understand how it's possible to compartmentalize your mind like this. For you to believe a scientific fact it seems you would need to hop in a time travel machine and watch life evolve in real time, but for you to believe in god you just need "faith," aka a mental cop out. It's a euphemism for not applying the reasoning powers of the human brain to something that makes absolutely no sense, because if you did you'd be forced not to believe it anymore.
I'm not compartmentalizing. I'm open minded and unlike you, I have the ability to be both analytical and spiritual. I'm intelligent to figure out that I have a choice to either have faith in the assumptions of science or faith in God. There is a vast amount of physical evidence to support many scientific theories...I don't dispute that nor do I doubt all of it. There is also a vast amount of spiritual evidence to support God...you aren't spiritual...and have no understanding of it. If it best suits your personal needs to belittle and demean people who have knowledge of something you have no understanding of...then do so.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there, cowboy.
Choose:
You believe there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.
You know there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.
Be very careful with your answer......
Based on all of the available evidence, there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think they would doubt if their religion did not encourage them to?
I have no idea...I can't speak for the rest of the world. My beliefs are personal and not influenced by a religious group.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu athiesta always gotta get all 2nd grade, huh?
Well, I am making such a simple point that even a 2nd grader would understand it.

You have no right to call other gods silly when yours is just as silly, if not more.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
I think this will be of assistance.
Perhaps....if it were an authorized website that I could actually go to

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But it isn't repeatable or observable so why do you believe it?
It's falsifiable, for one.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"We r aped th e horses"
Cheers!!!
"And we rode off on the women"
Cheers !!
Heavy Chevy...lol

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...let's see...if evolutionary scientists who are experts on the Cambrian fossil record agree that animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals....then it pretty much blow the Darwin theory of evolution completely out of the water. I mean, if you wanna continue to insist that all life forms evolved, using the fossil record as your key evidence, then by all means, do that. However, scientific evidence clearly cannot prove that and two expert evolutionary scientists have very clearly stated such. That article had nothing to do with dates being changed. Did you even read it? It was clear, the two evolutionary scientists, who, again, are EXPERTS on the Cambrian fossils and who are not creationists...clearly stated that animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals. They had no agenda...there was no "need", as you state, for a certain answer. There was an abrupt appearance of phyla and there is no fossil record to prove that phyla evolved from anything.
It seems to me you may not be biased, but rather, just flat refuse to accept the fact that your Darwinist' beliefs have no true evidence of proof available.
You can smart off about pro evolution all day long, but until you can provide proof of how that huge, diverse, phyla of life forms came into existence all of the sudden via your evolutionary theory...you're just showing your ignorance and refusal to accept factual data. The reality is...you're no different than the creationists you love so much to throw off on.

You clearly don't understand the reason, and wouldn't want to.
But there is a clear and concise reason this happened.
It escapes you to want to know why I think.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
I think this will be of assistance.
Lol...I was finally able to access your little site. While you sit behind your little computer feeling all superior to me and sending me websites such as that, as if I'm beneath your level intelligence, I laugh. Do you really think your rude gestures of superiority show your intelligence? FYI...They don't....just shows your character.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

376 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min CunningLinguist 224,695
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 6 min andet1987 4,118
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 93,868
GMO foods and you! 7 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 7
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 8 min andet1987 870
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min passing by 257,041
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 16 min whitevisitor 443
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min confrinting with the word 533,708
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Blue Walker 115,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,579
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••