Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

There is no foundation for making the moral and supernatural claims that the Christian religion makes. That is not to say that the evidence is inadequate…it is to say that there is NO evidence for almost all of their claims. All religions have human fingerprints all over them and the Christian religion has never even come close to proving that there is anything true about their claims that a god created the world about 6,000 years ago in a fit of creation that lasted 6 literal days.

If that were true the Sumerians and other people living in the Fertile Crescent at the time would have sure been surprised…they had already built a large city or two and were in the middle of perfecting agriculture and culture building. They and their brethren in Jericho had been advancing civilization for a few thousand years already.

It must have pretty disconcerting for the Chinese, Indus Valley, East Indian, European, Asian, Australian, North and South American peoples that had thriving cities, culture, and advanced civilizations already going by 6,000 years ago. In the Fertile Crescent I wonder what the existing people did when Adam and Eve were plopped down in their midst? I mean they were intellectual infants…didn't know how to farm, hitch up a water buffalo to a plow, make cheese or beer or anything useful, and they kept running around naked for god’s sake. And where were their bellybuttons??

God must have phoned in the creation of Adam and Eve, because he created them with absolutely no skills or inbreed knowledge of the world and its ways. The Sumerians however already knew mathematics and about the seasons and animal husbandry, maybe some astronomy, and a myriad of other things necessary to survive in a cold and cruel world. They had known these things for thousands of years before God “Created the Earth” in 6,000 BC.

“If the Bible is mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust it to tell us where we’re going?”-Justin Brown

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! you asked for it hehehe
EL'Yahweh, He the Spanish version, and does both!
Muuuwah.
Lol!
http://youtu.be/VqomZQMZQCQ

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I saw that movie. I remember that. Nice touch.:)
But what do you have against the Big Bang? How does that conflict with your perception of creation?
I don't have anything against the big bang, it's a very plausible and workable theory. It makes sense. It does not conflict with creation in any way, shape or form.

The only problem I have is not with the big bang, but with ignorant atheists that spout off about the big bang like it's the truth, like it's fact, like it's irrefutable. That's all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
*Yawn*
Don't you ever get tired saying the same old stuff?
Oh wait...Nevermind.
100% wrong!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Fee in front, Fuh fuh Fee....
Female... yeah that's the one!
You don't get one without a fine.
A Fee for a fine female, or is it fee fi foe.
NO! I get it now, she get the house and half your stuff and you get to wander the street eating out of garbage cans. Nah just practicing up for when I get to write a real comedy tragedy. WAIT Who is that dude driving your car maaan? Jody! ha hah huh ha huh HA ewwwwwwwww.
Woah duder. Are you going to share or is my name Skippy?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
*Godzilla facepalms*(if Godzilla facepalms you, you know the fail is epic).
You dont HAVE to say you're no different than an atheist. Your torture of logic is self-evident of that. Go back and read my replies to you on why is this. I really don't have the energy to keep repeating myself .
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't have the energy to keep repeating myself .
And yet, you do.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! you asked for it hehehe
EL'Yahweh, He the Spanish version, and does both!
Muuuwah.
EL Yahwecito.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

True Truth wrote:

Ok I shall concede to most of this. But I find it weird that you say "It is not possible for God to either lie or to die".
For one, it is certainly possible for God to lie. If we, a mere creation, can do it, then obviously so can He. Our well being and justice is of no consequence to Him. He doesn't owe us anything, let alone the truth. We just have faith that He won't lie. He'll be truthful and just. That is our faith.
Secondly, your belief is based upon God dying to please Himself and give people a break.
Remember that the nature of God is that He cannot change, so He cannot die.

Also, death is a biological function where something that is alive ceases to be alive. God is not biological and isn't "alive" like we are.

As far as Jesus goes, He has two natures: God and man.

When we talk about the death of Jesus, we're talking about a biological death, not the death of the divine being who is God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it.
I refuse to accept a half-assed god.
Give me one that's truly all-powerful. One who can make a spherical triangle blindfolded and with his hands tied behind his back.
I want a real god. Not a flunkie.
And for me to accept any god, he can't be a coward and hide all the time.
So you want a god with a full ass, blindfolded and has his hands tied behind his back, huh?

Hmmm.... What're you really sayin, Catch?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
EL Yahwecito.
Lol
Don't forget the Mrs

¡EL Yahwelúpe!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
EL Yahwecito.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Crystals are not considered living.
God does not conform to my imagination. I accept that God is unimaginable.
And He doesn't like me best.
that is exactly why I gave the example of crystals.

one day, when you mature, you will make a fine secular humanist

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Crystals are not considered living.
God does not conform to my imagination. I accept that God is unimaginable.
And He doesn't like me best.
yet you are quite willing to tell others, that he must exist, why so, and how to understand the god.

godbots, ya god-da love-em

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want a god with a full ass, blindfolded and has his hands tied behind his back, huh?
Hmmm.... What're you really sayin, Catch?
Nope.

Read my post again.

This time though, put your brain in gear first.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
So you mean to say everything in this world came by chance. Let me point out a few things to think about. From the moment man opens his eyes to this world a great order surrounds him. He needs oxygen to survive; it is interesting that the atmosphere of the planet on which he lives provides more than just the adequate amount of oxygen he needs. This way, he breathes without difficulty. For the existence of life on this planet, the existence of a source of heat is essential. In response to this need, the sun is located at just the right distance to emit the exact amount of heat and energy human life needs. Man needs nourishment to survive; every corner of the world abounds in astonishingly diversified provisions. Likewise, man needs water; surprisingly, three-fourths of the planet is covered with water. Man needs shelter; in this world of ours, there is land on which it is suitable to build and all sorts of materials with which to make shelters.These are only a few among billions of details making life possible on earth. In brief, man lives on a planet perfectly designed for his survival. This is certainly a planet “created for human beings”, as God said in the Quran:“Do you not see that God has subjected for you all that is in the Heavens and all that is on the Earth, and has completed and perfected His Bounties upon you,[both] apparent and hidden?...”(Quran 31:20)
A person’s interpretation of the world rests on “acquired methods of thought.” That is, he thinks in the way he has been taught, or, less kindly, the way in which he is indoctrinated. Under this misguidance, he often dismisses all the aforementioned as “trivial realities.” However, if he does not side-step the matter, and start questioning the conditions making our existence possible, he will surely step out of the boundaries of habitual thinking and start to think:How does the atmosphere serve as a protective ceiling for the earth?
How does each one of the billions of cells in the human body know and perform its individual tasks?
How does this extraordinary ecological balance exist on earth?
A person seeking answers to these questions surely proceeds on the right path. He does not remain insensitive to things happening around him, and doesn’t plead ignorance about the extraordinary nature of the world. A person who asks questions, who reflects on and gives answers to these questions will realize that, on every inch of the planet, a plan and an order reigns:
How did the flawless order in the whole universe come into being?
Who provided the delicate balances in the world?
How did living beings, incredibly diversified in nature, emerge?
Keeping oneself occupied with relentless research to answer these questions results in a clear awareness that everything in the universe, its order, each living being and structure is a component of a plan, a product of design. Every detail: the excellent structure of an insect’s wing, the system enabling a tree to carry tons of water to its topmost branches, the order of planets, and the ratio of gases in the atmosphere; all are unique examples of perfection.
Think again carefully.
<quoted text>
you are unregistered, and your rant is not attributed.

evolution

there is a school near you, go get some.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
Thank you for your reply man.
Can i ask you a simple question, is there such a thing as cold?
<quoted text>
if you are confused about the term there are dictionaries.

there is a school near you

get some

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

undercontrolgh wrote:
I admire your thoughts. just a simple questions, the same question i asked to myth buster, is there such a thing as cold?
<quoted text>
now there is a bold lie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Read my post again.
This time though, put your brain in gear first.
Whatever, at least you're looking. That's a gewd start.
Myth Buster

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

True Bullshit wrote:
Don't you ever get tired saying the same old stuff?
Do you ever get tired of totally humiliating on an international forum with your absolutely pathetic rationalizations for your self-degrading cultist lifestyle, kid?
Myth Buster

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
Don't be stupid, you moron.
(Howard Stern says his father used to say that to him.)
The religiously retarded Riverside Redneck is unquestionably one the most moronic godbots to ever post in this forum. Why do continue replying to this stark raving mad insane lunatic?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

432 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min ThatOneBand 115,766
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 257,148
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 533,845
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min andet1987 4,007
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Johnny 1,650
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 224,731
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 11 min boy 326
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 41 min TakeMe 481
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••