“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#636037 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No rational person, mind free from dogma, can deny that. The only other explanation is a trickster deity, running around planting fossils everywhere and tooling around with our dna, among many, many other things.
It has not...What...your circular reasoning of "we evolved because we evolved" when the evidence actually shows that vast and diverse life forms appeared abruptly with no evidence of any life forms available that they evolved from can be produced leaves no reasonable doubt? Are you kidding me? LOL...HILARIOUS!!!

“I speak my mind”

#636038 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uniformitarianism is kind of... essiantial to modern science. No big surprise there. We have no reason to believe that the natural laws we see today and the laws governing radioactive decay were any different in the past.
Faith is a cop out. It's an excuse for the lack of proof. There is an invisible monkey that lives on my shoulder and feeds me information. I don't need proof - I have faith.
Uniformitarianism is the ASSUMPTION that the same natural laws and processes that operate in the universe now have always operated in the universe in the past and apply everywhere in the universe. Once again...it's an ASSUMPTION!

Faith isn't a cop out or an excuse. I don't need or require proof, therefore....I don't need an excuse. You do, however, because you lack faith.

“I speak my mind”

#636039 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>We are to banana as a cell phone is to a computer? Give me a break. We share dna because we share common ancestry - there is absolutely no reason why an infinite intelligence would be required to use the same genes across the whole board unless he wanted to deceive us.
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps, as human beings, we deceive ourselves...particularly when we assume we have the right to place ourselves on the same playing field as an immortal God. Personally, I think to assume a God might think on the same intelligence level of man is kinda silly.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#636040 Jul 3, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that perhaps, as human beings, we deceive ourselves...particularly when we assume we have the right to place ourselves on the same playing field as an immortal God. Personally, I think to assume a God might think on the same intelligence level of man is kinda silly.
but an undereducated woman

would know the mind of god

“I speak my mind”

#636041 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't understand how it's possible to compartmentalize your mind like this. For you to believe a scientific fact it seems you would need to hop in a time travel machine and watch life evolve in real time, but for you to believe in god you just need "faith," aka a mental cop out. It's a euphemism for not applying the reasoning powers of the human brain to something that makes absolutely no sense, because if you did you'd be forced not to believe it anymore.
I'm not compartmentalizing. I'm open minded and unlike you, I have the ability to be both analytical and spiritual. I'm intelligent to figure out that I have a choice to either have faith in the assumptions of science or faith in God. There is a vast amount of physical evidence to support many scientific theories...I don't dispute that nor do I doubt all of it. There is also a vast amount of spiritual evidence to support God...you aren't spiritual...and have no understanding of it. If it best suits your personal needs to belittle and demean people who have knowledge of something you have no understanding of...then do so.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#636042 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there, cowboy.
Choose:
You believe there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.
You know there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.
Be very careful with your answer......
Based on all of the available evidence, there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.

“I speak my mind”

#636043 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think they would doubt if their religion did not encourage them to?
I have no idea...I can't speak for the rest of the world. My beliefs are personal and not influenced by a religious group.

Location hidden

#636044 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu athiesta always gotta get all 2nd grade, huh?
Well, I am making such a simple point that even a 2nd grader would understand it.

You have no right to call other gods silly when yours is just as silly, if not more.

“I speak my mind”

#636045 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
I think this will be of assistance.
Perhaps....if it were an authorized website that I could actually go to

Location hidden

#636046 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But it isn't repeatable or observable so why do you believe it?
It's falsifiable, for one.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636047 Jul 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"We r aped th e horses"
Cheers!!!
"And we rode off on the women"
Cheers !!
Heavy Chevy...lol

Location hidden

#636048 Jul 3, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...let's see...if evolutionary scientists who are experts on the Cambrian fossil record agree that animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals....then it pretty much blow the Darwin theory of evolution completely out of the water. I mean, if you wanna continue to insist that all life forms evolved, using the fossil record as your key evidence, then by all means, do that. However, scientific evidence clearly cannot prove that and two expert evolutionary scientists have very clearly stated such. That article had nothing to do with dates being changed. Did you even read it? It was clear, the two evolutionary scientists, who, again, are EXPERTS on the Cambrian fossils and who are not creationists...clearly stated that animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals. They had no agenda...there was no "need", as you state, for a certain answer. There was an abrupt appearance of phyla and there is no fossil record to prove that phyla evolved from anything.
It seems to me you may not be biased, but rather, just flat refuse to accept the fact that your Darwinist' beliefs have no true evidence of proof available.
You can smart off about pro evolution all day long, but until you can provide proof of how that huge, diverse, phyla of life forms came into existence all of the sudden via your evolutionary theory...you're just showing your ignorance and refusal to accept factual data. The reality is...you're no different than the creationists you love so much to throw off on.

You clearly don't understand the reason, and wouldn't want to.
But there is a clear and concise reason this happened.
It escapes you to want to know why I think.

“I speak my mind”

#636049 Jul 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
I think this will be of assistance.
Lol...I was finally able to access your little site. While you sit behind your little computer feeling all superior to me and sending me websites such as that, as if I'm beneath your level intelligence, I laugh. Do you really think your rude gestures of superiority show your intelligence? FYI...They don't....just shows your character.

Location hidden

#636050 Jul 3, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea...I can't speak for the rest of the world. My beliefs are personal and not influenced by a religious group.

Lying is not a thing that is thought to be honest , with yourself.

Location hidden

#636051 Jul 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so.
http://artsci.wustl.edu/features/articles/201...
We've been over this before. Where is it indicated that they are aware? They display behavior that we term altruistic, which is a misleading term that implies a directed effort to improve another life at one's own expense.

In reality, as the article itself states, this behavior is mediated solely by gene regulated chemical signals, which, while interesting, does not imply or necessitate awareness. When there is a lack of food, the appropriate signals go out and trigger the behavior.

If anything, it is suggestive of the gene centered theory of evolution, wherein the main goal is not necessarily the survival of the individual organism, but of similar genes. What's the death of a few single celled organisms if it means the rest have a better chance of survival? The "stalks" mentioned in the article are full of closely related single cells, which increases altruistic behavior for the previously mentioned reason.

Location hidden

#636052 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
I admire your thoughts. just a simple questions, the same question i asked to myth buster, is there such a thing as cold?
<quoted text>
Is there such a thing as not getting your pre-debunked arguments from apologist websites?
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#636053 Jul 3, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
You can smart off about pro evolution all day long, but until you can provide proof of how that huge, diverse, phyla of life forms came into existence all of the sudden via your evolutionary theory...you're just showing your ignorance and refusal to accept factual data.
Don't ever think an especially ignorant religiously retarded redneck like you has the capacity to understand the significance of the "Cambrian Explosion" more than rational people!

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/cambrian/cambria...

The Cambrian Period marks an important point in the history of life on Earth; it is the time when most of the major groups of animals first appear in the fossil record. This event is sometimes called the "Cambrian Explosion," because of the relatively short time over which this diversity of forms appears. It was once thought that Cambrian rocks contained the first and oldest fossil animals, but these are now found in the earlier Ediacaran (Vendian) strata.

“I speak my mind”

#636054 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
But we do understand what we evolved from? We come from ape-like ancestors. Who came from monkey-like ancestors, who were mammals. Mammals evolved from protomammals (synopsidae), 260 million years ago (off the top of my head, I may be a ten or twenty million out). Synopsidae evolved from Reptillians. Reptiles evolved from amphibians. Amphibians evolved from fish. And here we are back in the Devonian, 420 million years ago
I disagree...and there is absolutely not definitive proof of that lineage you describe...

Location hidden

#636055 Jul 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps science and what we know from it, is like When we are younger, many of us tend to see the world in clearly defined terms of black and white, right and wrong. As we travel further down the path of life experience, we often begin to see and understand things not only in a vast arrays of shades of grey but in spectacular colors we could not have imagined. In seeking an answer for what we "know" we discover that often, what we "know" is really fluid.
Yes. Science sees the world like a child.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#636056 Jul 3, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
Faith isn't a cop out or an excuse.
In fact, religious faith is the ultimate cop-out. It's called faith because there's no evidence and bullshit would be a dead giveaway to all but the world's most retarded godbots such as you. A godbot invokes faith when they know there's no merit to their views.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Dr_Zorderz 259,578
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min mike 601,118
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 9 min DEMI Lovato 1,852
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 542,730
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Lyndi 173,702
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min Patrick n Angela 227,595
The Anti-Christ 53 min Bev Jamison 8

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••