“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635988 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, observe, hypothesize, experiment, try to falsify, theorize and publish for review....
Sorry, sometimes I go all empirical.
How would one observe, experiment or try to falsify that the Big Bang happened?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635989 Jul 3, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans don't have eternal souls.
100% wrong!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635990 Jul 3, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you bother replying to the religiously retarded Riverside Redneck? He'll only reply with definitively wrong statements because the death-denying coward doesn't have the guts to seek professional help for his mental illness. You're not helping this stark raving mad insane lunatic by feeding his insatiable need for attention on an international forum.
99.3% wrong!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635991 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
How do you observe a thing from the past (as in the Big Bang or a murder)?
For the big bang, it's mainly measurement of changes in position over time, perhaps a few years. Positions of stars or entire galaxies. Then fit a mathematical model. Then one can extrapolate that model into the past and into the future as well.

The big bang is what mathematics suggests. Everything in the universe is not standing still, but is moving relative to each other.

Well, at least in what we know to be the universe. For all I know we could all be in a gigantic pond and a big giant may have just spat in it and we are experiencing ripple effects. Haha.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635992 Jul 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Translates to........
She has the gold mine, and you got the shaft.
In what way? She's the biblically ignorant one, she's the one who can't pick up a damn dictionary.

“Listen to the sounds”

#635993 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'spherical triangle' is just an example of something that cannot be done. It defies logic altogether.
God is not unlimited in His abilities.
Let me explain. The Bible says that He's everlasting, infinite, right? Ok, play along. So going with that in mind, God can't remember a time that He didn't exist and can't foresee a future where He doesn't exist. That too would defy logic.
I'd say God can probably make a spherical triangle. We just won't have the level of understanding to appreciate it. A black hole can turn the 3 dimensional into 2 dimensional, and there is a case for the universe being flat, even despite us living in a 3D world.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635994 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
For the big bang, it's mainly measurement of changes in position over time, perhaps a few years. Positions of stars or entire galaxies. Then fit a mathematical model. Then one can extrapolate that model into the past and into the future as well.
The big bang is what mathematics suggests. Everything in the universe is not standing still, but is moving relative to each other.
Well, at least in what we know to be the universe. For all I know we could all be in a gigantic pond and a big giant may have just spat in it and we are experiencing ripple effects. Haha.
Yes, the big bang is what mathematics suggests. Not what mathematics knows.

It isn't fact. It's theory.

Ever see Men in Black? I liked it at the end where the camera seemed to zoom way, way out until you see the Milky Way. Then it goes out further until you see the Milky Way is just a marble that a giant alien is playing with - along with other 'marbles'. lol
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635995 Jul 3, 2013
True Bullshit wrote:
I'd say God can probably make a spherical triangle.
I'd say you're definitely insane and should be institutionalized immediately because you clearly lack the capacity to differentiate your cult's mythology from reality. Your cult's mythical deity can't make a single damn thing, kid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635996 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say God can probably make a spherical triangle. We just won't have the level of understanding to appreciate it. A black hole can turn the 3 dimensional into 2 dimensional, and there is a case for the universe being flat, even despite us living in a 3D world.
I disagree. A spherical triangle is logically impossible. God is all-powerful but even that has limitations.

God cannot contradict His nature or the nature of things as they are. It is not possible for God to either lie or to die. Neither can He make two plus two equal five.

If it is not possible for God to do something, then His power DOES have it's limits.

“Listen to the sounds”

#635997 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the big bang is what mathematics suggests. Not what mathematics knows.
It isn't fact. It's theory.
Ever see Men in Black? I liked it at the end where the camera seemed to zoom way, way out until you see the Milky Way. Then it goes out further until you see the Milky Way is just a marble that a giant alien is playing with - along with other 'marbles'. lol
Yeah I saw that movie. I remember that. Nice touch.:)

But what do you have against the Big Bang? How does that conflict with your perception of creation?

“Listen to the sounds”

#635998 Jul 3, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you're definitely insane and should be institutionalized immediately because you clearly lack the capacity to differentiate your cult's mythology from reality. Your cult's mythical deity can't make a single damn thing, kid.
*Yawn*

Don't you ever get tired saying the same old stuff?

Oh wait...Nevermind.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#635999 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That was awesome, good show. Not sure from one show what stance they take if any, but good show either way.
It's anti-Abrahamic religion satire/sarcasm entertainment. This one is my favorite. The rest of them are tediously boring.

"It makes them look friendly!" xD

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636000 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way? She's the biblically ignorant one, she's the one who can't pick up a damn dictionary.

It's the Fee in front, Fuh fuh Fee....
Female... yeah that's the one!
You don't get one without a fine.
A Fee for a fine female, or is it fee fi foe.
NO! I get it now, she get the house and half your stuff and you get to wander the street eating out of garbage cans. Nah just practicing up for when I get to write a real comedy tragedy. WAIT Who is that dude driving your car maaan? Jody! ha hah huh ha huh HA ewwwwwwwww.

“Listen to the sounds”

#636001 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. A spherical triangle is logically impossible. God is all-powerful but even that has limitations.
God cannot contradict His nature or the nature of things as they are. It is not possible for God to either lie or to die. Neither can He make two plus two equal five.
If it is not possible for God to do something, then His power DOES have it's limits.
Ok I shall concede to most of this. But I find it weird that you say "It is not possible for God to either lie or to die".

For one, it is certainly possible for God to lie. If we, a mere creation, can do it, then obviously so can He. Our well being and justice is of no consequence to Him. He doesn't owe us anything, let alone the truth. We just have faith that He won't lie. He'll be truthful and just. That is our faith.

Secondly, your belief is based upon God dying to please Himself and give people a break.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#636002 Jul 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Do all the newly honed ones look that inflamed?
Engorged, not inflamed.

San Francisco, CA

#636003 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it.

I refuse to accept a half-assed god.

Give me one that's truly all-powerful. One who can make a spherical triangle blindfolded and with his hands tied behind his back.

I want a real god. Not a flunkie.

And for me to accept any god, he can't be a coward and hide all the time.

San Francisco, CA

#636004 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
O_o
How do you observe a thing from the past (as in the Big Bang or a murder)?
Don't be stupid, you moron.

(Howard Stern says his father used to say that to him.)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#636005 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps science and what we know from it, is like When we are younger, many of us tend to see the world in clearly defined terms of black and white, right and wrong. As we travel further down the path of life experience, we often begin to see and understand things not only in a vast arrays of shades of grey but in spectacular colors we could not have imagined. In seeking an answer for what we "know" we discover that often, what we "know" is really fluid.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#636006 Jul 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it.
I refuse to accept a half-assed god.
Give me one that's truly all-powerful. One who can make a spherical triangle blindfolded and with his hands tied behind his back.
I want a real god. Not a flunkie.
And for me to accept any god, he can't be a coward and hide all the time.
You want the Angry God. The one that shoots fire and brimstone, turns people into salt and builds worlds. Destroys worlds.
You seek EL not Yaweh?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#636007 Jul 3, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
You want the Angry God. The one that shoots fire and brimstone, turns people into salt and builds worlds. Destroys worlds.
You seek EL not Yaweh?
HA! you asked for it hehehe
EL'Yahweh, He the Spanish version, and does both!
Muuuwah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Serah 604,986
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Estelle 559,393
Minecraft Gift Code Generator No Survey 27 min Minecraft Gift 2
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr The Awakener 175,608
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Grau 119,650
Last Word + 2 1 hr AliceBlue 976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web