Um....

Beautiful blog.

With no evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635888 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Goddammit. Just fell from the top of a loader.
Double Fine is going to feel this tomorrow
Dude man shit.

What're ya doin with a phone whilst operating a loader?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635889 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:

We do not have to reproduce an event to knkw it happened. We do not need to reproduce a murder to convict the murderer. We base our theory on observation.
Discovering evidence of a murder is not akin to discovering evidence of something that supposedly happened over 13 billion years ago.

It IS the going guess, I mean theory. But it isn't a fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635890 Jul 3, 2013
Skitz wrote:

If god is omnipotent can he not exist?
No. He can't not exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635891 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, just because you want to believe your god can do magic then that’s your problem, not mine
Of course when you can provide evidence then I will consider it and maybe even change my mind, until then, go whistle
I don't believe God does magic, lady. That's an atheist dream.

You want be to present evidence when you yourself have none and are arguing based on ignorance??

HA!

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#635892 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He can't not exist.
So he isn't all powerful then?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#635893 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no Zeus bible eh?
I thought not.
Zeus has never done anything for me, Zeus is a false God(hell, he ain't even a god), Zeus had no churches, no bible, no doctrine, few followers and was outright silly (he killed his 'father'?! lol)
PS: the Book of the Dead I'd Egyptian, not Greek.
I'll ignore your opening statements as examples of religious monomania.

However, to get to the facts:

No churches? Here's one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Temple_...
There are others. This one just happens to be one of the most famous examples of Greek Classical architecture. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

No organized bible, true, but many writings of his existence and actions. And they're almost all in agreement, which is something the Bible cannot claim.

No doctrine? There were elaborate and specific rtes and rituals to be performed at specific times, and specific attributes exhibited by the deity. That is effectively a "doctrine. So the Greeks did it a little differently - that does not necessarily invalidate their method.

Few followers? Only if you discount pretty much the entire Greek world. And, if you're paying attention, the Roman Jupiter was the same deity, only translated into Latin. That means you'd have to discount pretty much the whole Roman Empire, also.

And yes, thank you, I believe the fact that the Book of the Dead is Egyptian is fairly common knowledge.

You really should check some of this stuff before you start babbling about it.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#635894 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya...
Um....
Beautiful blog.
With no evidence.
Eh, the US congress has made a decision

It really does not matter and no one really cares what you think….

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#635895 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
On a tangent, this is why I disagree with the PCT system as is. In order for me to patent something,(patent, not just patent panding) I need to put down the equivalent of USD 5000, on ROE. And that is only in my country. To do it worldwide, will cost more than a million Dollars US. It is blatant extortion. It means thag promising inventors cannot own their own ideas. A guy like my father who has had a lot of of great green energy ideas, simply cannot afford to start a business by injecting 10 million South African Rands into it, before even having a premises or a single employee. Methinks the system is corrupt and serves rich fatcats, by allowing them to steal other's ideas.

The Borderland of Sol

#635896 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus was a god of the ancients, but there are historical texts about him. Same as your god. Some of hese historic texts were translated, of course.
But all mythologies look silly to those on the outside. God has a 'son'. Mary was its 'earth mom', but who was its real mother? And explain the Trinity? God sends himself to earth, to kill himself, to erase the sins of mankind (whom he hath created), to to into hell and fight the Lord Satan (whom he also hath createth). Comes back to life, goes back up to heaven to visit himself , and then goes down again and suddenly people speak many different languages?
"I'm pissed at you all.
Here, take my son and kill him that I may forgive you."

Wait, WHAT?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635897 Jul 3, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
So he isn't all powerful then?
No. There are things even God can't do.

He can't not exist.
He can't lie.
He can't defy logic (like creating a spherical triangle).
He can't learn anything new.
He can't answer every prayer, only those that are in accordance to His will.

The Borderland of Sol

#635898 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my all-time favourtie movie quotes. "The answer to everything is...42"
There was a movie?

(sowwy)

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#635899 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe God does magic, lady. That's an atheist dream.
You want be to present evidence when you yourself have none and are arguing based on ignorance??
HA!
You are contradicting yourself, you are saying that your god is not bound by the physical laws that define this universe but you are also saying that you don’t believe you god does magic.

It seems that you are a little bit stupid on what the physical laws that define this universe actually mean. The only way to defy those laws is by magic and magic is impossible given the physical laws of this universe.

HA!

Been there several times, E=MC^2 and what have you done in the face of the evidence, you have squirmed and ranted and denied and lied and made excuses and offered irrelevancies but never, in any way have you disproved it.

Double HA!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#635900 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude man shit.
What're ya doin with a phone whilst operating a loader?!
Seems like he needs it to call 911 now!

The Borderland of Sol

#635901 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not the same, not at all.
And everything that's been found has been translated.
<quoted text>
There's that 2nd grade mentality. It inevitably flares up from time to time.
To put it in perspective for you:
Evolution is just the nonsense that nothing turned nothing into something that became a fish that magically grew legs and started walking on land...
Ah, you've demonstrated part of the problem right there.

Apparently you know nothing of the origins of the Universe. Or of evolution. Or even that they're totally different matters.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635902 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'll ignore your opening statements as examples of religious monomania.
However, to get to the facts:
No churches? Here's one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Temple_...
There are others. This one just happens to be one of the most famous examples of Greek Classical architecture. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
No organized bible, true, but many writings of his existence and actions. And they're almost all in agreement, which is something the Bible cannot claim.
No doctrine? There were elaborate and specific rtes and rituals to be performed at specific times, and specific attributes exhibited by the deity. That is effectively a "doctrine. So the Greeks did it a little differently - that does not necessarily invalidate their method.
Few followers? Only if you discount pretty much the entire Greek world. And, if you're paying attention, the Roman Jupiter was the same deity, only translated into Latin. That means you'd have to discount pretty much the whole Roman Empire, also.
And yes, thank you, I believe the fact that the Book of the Dead is Egyptian is fairly common knowledge.
You really should check some of this stuff before you start babbling about it.
The Temple of Olympus is not a church.

There is no Zeus doctrine.

There is no Olympia bible.

There was no organized religion following Olympia or Zeus.

Facts.

Also, the "book of the dead" comment was directed at the original, ignorant poster, not you.

Dodge

#635903 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There are things even God can't do.
He can't not exist.
He can't lie.
He can't defy logic (like creating a spherical triangle).
He can't learn anything new.
He can't answer every prayer, only those that are in accordance to His will.
He can't defy logic? He cant make a triangle spherical, yet you say he exists outside laws of physics.

Explain your logic.

Dodge

#635904 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>There was a movie?
(sowwy)
Hey Mac!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635905 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are contradicting yourself, you are saying that your god is not bound by the physical laws that define this universe but you are also saying that you don’t believe you god does magic.
It seems that you are a little bit stupid on what the physical laws that define this universe actually mean. The only way to defy those laws is by magic and magic is impossible given the physical laws of this universe.
HA!
Been there several times, E=MC^2 and what have you done in the face of the evidence, you have squirmed and ranted and denied and lied and made excuses and offered irrelevancies but never, in any way have you disproved it.
Double HA!
Ignorant atheists try to apply the term 'magic' to God in an attempt to humanize Him and make the idea of God seem foolish. It's much like an ignorant creationist saying "fish grew legs" to stupidly evolution.

You writing "The only way to defy those laws is by magic" just proves my point.

E=MC^2 applies to the natural. In what way can it apply to the supernatural?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635906 Jul 3, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like he needs it to call 911 now!
Lol, no kidding. I hope he's ok, that was his last post....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min messianic114 3,782
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 15 min loubear1 122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min June VanDerMark 603,129
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 41 min BenAdam 7,905
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 1 hr The Turtle 28
not man enough 2 hr WasteWater 2
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 2 hr Cholan87 993
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 177,843
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,612
More from around the web