“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635820 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, am I not such a majestic trophy?
Is my magnetic personality enormous enough?
I can’t say that topix has that effect on me, but I do know of a couple of “internet romances” that have blossomed. In both cases I have been proved wrong,“I’ll give it 6 months” in one case proved to be a little over 7 months and the other couple are still together after over a year, buried in some virtual world of second life. I’ll give it until one of their computers breaks down
Let's sleep om it.:)

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#635821 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Double Fine will bite. Forgive Double Fine his earlier transgressions, angered by stuff at the thing Double Fine does called work.
The facy is, we can only call what we see. We can only theorise about stuff having evidence.
The key here, is falsifiability. Is what you are putting forth in any way falsifiable? Meaning, what would I need to do, in order to prove your theory, hypothesis or supposition false?
Let's take abiogenesis. A big point have been made about the creation of artificial life is not life we made, but if we were not able to do it, i.e. The cell ceased to function, that would have served as a falsification on our current theories of abiogenesis.
Something else. About 78 million years ago, we have a tyrannosaur living in the late Cretaceous, called Daspletosaurus. About 6 or 7 million years later, we have a much larger tyrannosauroid, called Tyrannosaurus Rex, in the fissil record. Now, T-Rex is much larger, but is anatomifally very similar to Daspletosaurus, right down to the wimpy forearms. Same s-shaped neck, same pick axe like teeth, same large ocular and nasal cavities.
Now. The current hypothesis about the evolution of tyrannosauroids, is that Daspletosaurus is the ancient ancestor of T-Rex.
What would falsify this hypothesis? Simple. If you are able to find a T-Rex fossil as old or older than a Daspletosaurus fossil. That would imply T-Rex lived alongside Daspletosaurus, and could not have been descended from it.
Now, what you have given us, I find as an unfalsifiable model.
Fair enough?
I have to go work now too. Be back tonight.

It seems you are under the impression that we have created artificial life or something. Or that we have figured out something definitive about abiogenesis. We have not done either. I explained the Craig Ventor Inc thing a bunch of times in the past. He injected a synthetic strand of DNA into an *already living* cell. That's not creating artificial life. And in order to make a strand of artificial DNA in the first place one had to, in the beginning, use things only nature could provide. Man could not create the first chirally pure chemical compounds without the help of chirally pure organic solvents only found in nature. I know because chemistry was my bag.

And what have they got on abiogenesis? Have they demonstrated a system that replicates spontaneously with increasing *specificity*? Or does it repeat the same replication? And who is feeding monomers to the replicating system? IOW where would nature get its never ending supply of monomers in order to keep replicating even if it could replicate spontaneously with increasing specificity. No one has shown this. No one.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#635822 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The secret's in the stash!
Lol... Do you know what Chuck Norris is hidong beneath his beard

Another fist

Location hidden

#635823 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
The facy is, we can only call what we see. We can only theorise about stuff having evidence.
The key here, is falsifiability. Is what you are putting forth in any way falsifiable? Meaning, what would I need to do, in order to prove your theory, hypothesis or supposition false?

Now, what you have given us, I find as an unfalsifiable model.
Fair enough?
I didn't answer your question. I understand your dilemma about falsifiability. But you can't use that against me because no one knows what exactly consciousness is, so how can it be falsified either way? No one knows whether it always was in existence or whether it came into existence. 50/50.

*If* it is a transient emergent property of matter and if there is no such thing as free will,*then* maybe you have an edge. But you have to show us what consciousness is first. You can't.

Location hidden

#635824 Jul 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , if you ignore all the evidence , your idea becomes plausible.
Because that's the only difference between the two ideas.
I simply do not believe this, it's is a judgement based on the physical evidence at hand.
How can there be a judgement on something that is so mysterious? All you have is association.

#635825 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I have to go work now too. Be back tonight.
It seems you are under the impression that we have created artificial life or something. Or that we have figured out something definitive about abiogenesis. We have not done either. I explained the Craig Ventor Inc thing a bunch of times in the past. He injected a synthetic strand of DNA into an *already living* cell. That's not creating artificial life. And in order to make a strand of artificial DNA in the first place one had to, in the beginning, use things only nature could provide. Man could not create the first chirally pure chemical compounds without the help of chirally pure organic solvents only found in nature. I know because chemistry was my bag.
And what have they got on abiogenesis? Have they demonstrated a system that replicates spontaneously with increasing *specificity*? Or does it repeat the same replication? And who is feeding monomers to the replicating system? IOW where would nature get its never ending supply of monomers in order to keep replicating even if it could replicate spontaneously with increasing specificity. No one has shown this. No one.
Chemistry is not at all Double Fine's bag. While it was being done in class, Double Fine taught a busty tenth grade redhead how to give the perfect blowjob. There would be no point in us 'debating' anything related to chemistry, because Double Fine is a total noob at it. True Truth is our resident chemical freak and I am sure he could much better address any questions you may have.

However, Craig Venter's work does not falsify the hypothesis of abiogenesis. That in itself is quite big. Had this for some reason not been possible, then that would have dashed our theories to smithereens.

Screw work. Flip the boss a bird. Capitalism is way overrated in anyway

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635826 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Do you know what Chuck Norris is hidong beneath his beard
Another fist
Chuck Norris got bitten by a cobra once....

And after 5 long painful days....

The Cobra died.

#635827 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't answer your question. I understand your dilemma about falsifiability. But you can't use that against me because no one knows what exactly consciousness is, so how can it be falsified either way? No one knows whether it always was in existence or whether it came into existence. 50/50.
*If* it is a transient emergent property of matter and if there is no such thing as free will,*then* maybe you have an edge. But you have to show us what consciousness is first. You can't.
Well, if Double Fine has to call it. Consciousness has only been seen in biological organisms. That would be the hypothesis, one would imagine.

Until life had emerged, methinks we cannot assume consciousness have been around

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635828 Jul 3, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, I'm actually a country girl. I live and raised in Johnstown Ohio...population 3,000. My backyard connects with an Angus farm. I'd say "educated girl" instead of city girl.
But, you're right with the "ain't"
Whatever. You ain't no country girl. No country girl would write "this isn't my first time at the rodeo."
True...what does that have to do with my point?

It's possible you've been searching in the wrong place....
Yes, I started out with the notion he WOULD and COULD answer me! I absolutely WANTED to and DID believe. So?

That ain't what I said. I said "Perhaps you started out with the notion that He isn't even gonna answer you anyway."
Why wouldn't he...if he's real?
Answering a question with a question is just rude.
If his entire agenda is for the world to receive his message...why would he NOT answer?
Mostly, YOU are the one who said he WOULD, and if I talk to him...that would be my proof!
NOW, you're back peddling.
You don't think God saw this coming from you?

Again, what makes you think He must answer you? And what kind of answer were you looking for?
Of course I did!...that and MORE. I didn't become Agnostic until my late 20's...after taking some courses on theology!
Your 20's, huh? Boy, you really gave it your all....
So, you are assuming I am a "God" virgin, and never attempted with God in my LIFE before?
How does one "attempt God"? O_o
Are you assuming I was BORN agnostic?

No, we're all born atheist.
I have TRIED! I absolutely did believe (from birth to my late 20's)
Don't lie. You did not seek God when you were born, probably not until you were 4-8 years old.
Your premise is based on the WRONG belief I have not tried, and have never believed!
Your assumption is COMPLETELY wrong.
Nice try though.
No, my premise is that you probably started off with the notion that God's not gonna answer you anyway or something bad happened in your life and you're blaming God for it.
If I can't be honest?
Who's not being honest here?
LMAO! This IS the interwebs, darlin.
Are you claiming you do NOT believe God has an IMPORTANT message for mankind?
Nope I'm not claiming that at all.
Why omit the last part of my post?
Because it was irrelevant. Just like the rest of those post and your "most Christians" bullshit.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#635829 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> After a statement like that is when we get, from the atheists, statements like, "well then why not believe in leprechauns"?
Well, only an immature self serving person would make an absurd comparison like that.
Example :
It is just as likely that consciousness/life was always in existence as it is likely that it came into existence.
It is very much less likely that leprechauns exist and it is very much less likely than that to say they created everything in existence, because they would have to exist first in order to create something else.
Crocodiles then. Crocodiles made everything.

Location hidden

#635830 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are giving simple, inanimate things, like hidrogen molecules, a possibility of being conscious?
Duh. Sheep.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635831 Jul 3, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:

MOSTLY, you are a PERFECT example for my question that keeps getting dodged:
If Christians can use critical thinking to dismiss other Gods'(like Zeus), why can't they use that SAME rational, critical thinking towards there own Christian God?
So, no Zeus bible eh?

I thought not.

Zeus has never done anything for me, Zeus is a false God(hell, he ain't even a god), Zeus had no churches, no bible, no doctrine, few followers and was outright silly (he killed his 'father'?! lol)

PS: the Book of the Dead I'd Egyptian, not Greek.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#635832 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think that would be compelling for everyone. It is for me.
Not really, it's not "aware" it, it appears like that because too few people understand basic chemistry. That's all.

Location hidden

#635833 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
lol You believe in the devil and yet not in God. Your contradicting yourself man.And how do you believe in the life after death because you do not see it man? Strange thoughts you have.
<quoted text>
The devil killed god long ago. Get with the times you noob.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#635834 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearie, your memory seems to be as lacking as your judgement. I did not jump on you with the Quantum comments.
What I did, is tell you that the Holocaust was no hoax. Since then, you have replied with nothing but insult.
Disprove a deity with physics? Not possible. The most that we can say, is that we have found no evidence of of any kind that supports and omniscient, omnipotent creator.
Taking the meaning of omnipotent as meaning infinite power then E=MC^2 proves that no deity as depicted as being omnipotent can exist in this universe at the same time you are reading this

#635835 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Norris got bitten by a cobra once....
And after 5 long painful days....
The Cobra died.
You know, they wanted to put Chuck Norris's face on Mount Rushmore, as a thank you for everything he has done.

Turns out the granite in the mountain is too soft to represent his beard...

Location hidden

#635836 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no Zeus bible eh?
I thought not.
Zeus has never done anything for me, Zeus is a false God(hell, he ain't even a god), Zeus had no churches, no bible, no doctrine, few followers and was outright silly (he killed his 'father'?! lol)
Zeus was silly. Jesus though? Pure class. He inseminated a woman from afar to give birth to himself so he could kill himself in a blood sacrifice for our sins. Much more reasonable than zeus.

#635837 Jul 3, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
This begs the question, what was responsible for the chemical process? God?
Time and environment

#635838 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. The answer is 42
Yea

I was going to say physics and time but I believe your answer is more precise

#635839 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, no Zeus bible eh?
I thought not.
Zeus was a god of the ancients, but there are historical texts about him. Same as your god. Some of hese historic texts were translated, of course.

But all mythologies look silly to those on the outside. God has a 'son'. Mary was its 'earth mom', but who was its real mother? And explain the Trinity? God sends himself to earth, to kill himself, to erase the sins of mankind (whom he hath created), to to into hell and fight the Lord Satan (whom he also hath createth). Comes back to life, goes back up to heaven to visit himself , and then goes down again and suddenly people speak many different languages?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min AussieBobby 270,580
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Paul Porter1 442,612
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min AN NFL FAN 121,621
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 11 min Ruby88 53,340
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min Student 40,112
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 34 min HATEwhitemaledevils 2,976
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Clearwater 176,432
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min robertxiong 98,926
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 583,189
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 611,787
More from around the web