Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635498 Jul 2, 2013
wow wee wrote:
I don't have to prove, I know there is a God.
No, you don't! The personal delusions of religiously retarded rednecks like you are proof of mental illness not their imaginary father figure in the sky.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635499 Jul 2, 2013
I'd prefer anti-theistic groups to unite and abandon use of the term atheist, but it's nice to see this group get a monument erected on public lands:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/Blog/2013/07/0...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#635500 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the same words apply to God. People have understood Him since ancient times - most people anyway. As of yet, science is unable to detect Him, that dies NOT imply that God doesn't exist. It only means science is spiritually ignorant.
And there you go again, injecting a completely unnecessary complicating factor into a well-understood system.

Why do you want to do that?

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#635501 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Non life is all inanimate matter, life is composed of it, the difference between life and non life , are complex chains of organic carbon atoms. These are what DNA are made of or simply the building blocks of life.
But by example a piece of iron is not alive , nor is any the other 117 elements.
Not exactly...lol!
Iron is an Element! Elements FORM living things!!!!!
We have iron in our LIVING BODIES.....it takes these elements to MAKE living things.

Iron is in our blood...thus it is a LIVING, and a LIVING THING (our bodies.blood) came from that!
So, that either means Iron is a LIVING thing
OR
Iron is a NON Living thing, and something derived from it...our blood/bodies.
...and where does iron itself derive from...a living or non living thing?

Let me make this easier for you....no one can say something can come from "nothing". Give me an example of nothing?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#635502 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>How can we possibly know if "non-life" is capable of creating life.....when we don't have an example of "non-life" to measure?
...if there is a GOD, how was "God" created? From LIFE? Or from nothing? Did God have parents?
What about the universe? Where did it ORIGINATE from, and so on?
No one can really make that claim, when we do not have an example of non-life to research or study...
Ok....

I have to do lunch, maybe I won't still be laughing when I get back....

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635503 Jul 2, 2013
Saad Yousuf wrote:
There are four distinct possibilities: The Universe was just simply there; The Universe created itself; The Universe has been there since Infinite time or The Universe had a Cause.
Everything that begins to exist has a cause. Thus, the Universe could not have simply been there. The Universe could not create itself since it would have to exist and not exist at the same time in order to create itself. The Universe could not have been existing for an Infinite Period, as we know it began with the Big Bang.
Then why does the Creator not have a cause? If the Creator had a cause then the cause would have a cause which would have a cause which would have a cause and so on... This would mean that the world would never have been created due to an Infinite Regress. Then why is there only one creator instead of two or three? We apply Occam's Razor which makes the Number of Causes One.
Since God created the Universe so Intelligently and with so much power: He is both Powerful and Intelligent. Since he created us it is obvious he had a choice. If so then he has free will and so he has a Personality. A personality shows he wants to get close to us. For example: if you baked a cake, you wouldn't just leave it out but you would want to eat it. How would he do this? Revealation.
Since only the Jews and Muslims claim all the above features of God i.e. Oneness, Powerful, Intelligent, Personality etc... It is only one of these two religions. But you can not be a Jew unless you are born a Jew which renders them as not being elligible and this leaves Islam as the true Religion.
Please visit: onereason.org
Email any queries: Saad.yousaf98@yahoo.com
Are you an Arab? What is your understanding of the word "Din", or "Deen"? In english it is translated as "religion", but this doesn't make sense, especially in the Quran. "Deen" seems to have multiple meanings based on context.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#635504 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
<quoted text>I am aware of that. The educated ones. The highest ranking Bishops all agree with evolution. They simply think evolution is the work of God.
<quoted text>If my post came across as though I was generalizing all Christians, then I apologize....that was not my intent, or how I feel.
<quoted text>Isn't the tool used to write the bible GODS OWN WORDS?This is where "some" Christians play semantics to avoid Gods SUPPOSED words being debunked!
Isn't the bible supposed to be the WORD OF GOD, spoken directly to the authors of the bible?
Some Christians try to push off the overwhelming mistakes of the bible onto the writers, then refute it...without ever acknowledging that the bible is supposed to be the word of GOD?!
IS IT THE WORD OF GOD OR NOT!
...and if it's NOT the word of God, and merely the words of simple uneducated men...then WHY should I take it seriously?
<quoted text>They might be laughing! I agree with that! BUT here's the difference:
ONE is the supposed word of GOD, imposing it's views on people with threat of burning and suffering in HELL for not believing, based on not one single shred of proof or fact.
SCIENCE is a theory...not forced upon anyone. Based on REALITY and facts that are tangible, and able to be researched. And not forced with the threat of hell.
...see the difference?
My apologies in assuming that you were generalizing. I don't want to be that asshole :)

If you ask me, the Bible is a collection of books written about God, through human and also through cultural understanding. Even if the books of the Bible were written by God directly, we can't say that God gave us the bible. The Bible, as we know it today was hand picked and canonized by a group of men with an agenda. There are other books that did not make "the cut". I believe that those who seek spiritual truth already know this, and know that the important thing is not necessarily the words that were written as they were then, but what about those words applies to our lives in modern times.

There are good lessons there but some are through a cultural lens that doesn't make sense when read with today's eyes. The recorded words of Jesus are the parts of the Bible that I believe are the purest form of God's message.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635505 Jul 2, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When one keeps asking "and what created that? and what created that? and what created that?" ad infinitum, one ultimately realizes that this system cannot exist, since it means that ultimately nothing would've been created. Thus, one has to conclude that there has to be an uncreated Creator ultimately.
Life being created from non life? It's an incredibly giant leap for some non living thing to develop the characteristic of self-replication. And if one looks at a simple single-celled organism, even that cell has organelles which perform different functions for the cells well-being.
OR,

Thus, one has to conclude that there has to be an uncreated universe ultimately.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#635506 Jul 2, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a cult, which can be escaped:
http://articles.exchristian.net/2002/10/becom...
Been there, done that, came back, and I am happier now with who I am :)

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#635507 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Great!
<quoted text>They are ALL considered Gods, and worshipped at one time. No? Can you explain the difference, and be specific as to WHY you claim they are not the same (regarding being A God)
<quoted text>I didn't realize being "prayed" to was the standard of making a God, lol. Are you saying one can NOT be a GOD, unless they are prayed to? WOW...that wipes out a lot of God...sorry, I don't buy that.
BUT...what about Allah (the muslim God) then? He is certainly prayed to...no?
Home come God believers are so quick to dismiss Mythological Gods with rational critical thinking, but don't turn that same rational thinking onto their own God?
<quoted text>Explain the difference between Zeus and the Christian God.....and what makes you believe in the Christian God, over Zues, or Allah?
I believe the Christian God is nothing more than a mythological metaphor as well...what's the difference?
People believed in Zeus as REAL at one time...so whats' the difference?
<quoted text>All organized religions are easy targets. It's based upon MYTH, legend, and tall tales......not hard to debunk.
What the on Earth makes you think I'm Christian, first of all? I dont need to go into a rant like you to bring my point across; I already SIMPLY said what the difference is; if you dont know what Irminism is please just say that, instead of going off into a rant in an attempt to make it seem like you do. Irminists, or "Pagans" never prayed to their gods and sat back and hoped for their gods to come "save them" from life's troubles like Christians do. I implied that Irminists dont believe their gods actually exist like many Christians like to believe theirs a great is bearded man lying up in the clouds somewhere. They liked to look at them as metaphors for events in the universe and representations of themselves, because you know humans are reflections of the universe.:)

And no people never believed Zeus to actually exist. I dont know where you got that from.:/

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#635509 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove "God" exists with physics :)
How or why would I do that, as I am an atheist? I know today, based on current knowledge in all fields, including theology, there is no proof of the existence of any gods.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635510 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the word religion synonymous with the word "God" since he is the basis of their religion.
...but God and religion are two completely different things.
Just say'n
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know science cant prove he does or doesnt exist.
wonderful!
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you atheists to prove he doesnt exist, since you want to believe he doesnt exist with no proof.
I'm not atheist. Im agnostic.
Agnostics differ from Atheists, because although Agnostics do not believe in a God, we accept the fact that it could be possible, because it can't be dis-proven.
Until I get some PROOF of a God, I'll continue to believe there isn't one. BUT, I'm open to proof! Anyone got any?
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
... so you can make fools out of yourselves.
You are the one that looks like a Fool...assuming I am an Atheist, when I am Agnostic. There's a difference.
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because since you cant prove he doesnt exist, why get on theists case for blindly believing in him with no proof, when you atheists have no proof he doesnt exist?
'You Atheists", lol, SHM
...because I'm open to proof either way.
Science has PROVEN the Christian bible completely WRONG...and it's supposed to be the word of God. That simple.
So, I blast Christianity. It has nothing to do with providing PROOF for or against Gods existence.
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both atheists and theists are heading in the same direction (in blind belief) just on different paths.
I agree 100%
I think we might be on the same page here...
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#635511 Jul 2, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignorant ones are usually arrogant. They don't know much, but are really proud of what little they do know.
The truly knowledgeable are never ignorant, since they are aware of what they don't know.
I wonder if we'll ever reach a stage where a human can know more than there is left to know in his/her lifetime. Perhaps install solid state hard drives into our brains, preloaded with all kinds of encyclopaedias.
Of all the knowledge that has ever existed in human history, if expressed as a percentage, what percentage would we possess?

Example:

Without looking it up, how many here could pass a surprise quiz with the following questions?

1) Name all of the emperors of the 13th Ming Dynasty (Chinese history), their wives, and all of their children.

2) Speak a grammatically correct sentence in every dialect of the Navajo, Souix, and Iroquois Native American languages. Then translate it into English, Russian, Farsi, Chinese, Braille, and American Sign Language with no more than a combined 2% margin of error on the first attempt.

3) Recite every sentence of the Code of Hammurabi in the original language from memory with no more than 1 grammatical or sequential error.

4) Give step by step instructions from memory to remove a cyst from the brain stem of a Lipizzaner Stallion (horse) so that the procedure will save it's life.

These are just examples. I admit I can't answer any of them.

So with all of the vast body of knowledge in human history up to this very moment, how much would you say we know if expressed as a percentage in the ranges from 1% to 100%?

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635512 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ok....
I have to do lunch, maybe I won't still be laughing when I get back....
OR...you could have simply took the time you used to write about your lunch, to refute my pint or answer the questions?

Let me make this easier for you.....how can we measure LIFE coming from "nothing" when we don't have an example of NOTHING to measure or research.
Can you give me an example of nothing?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635513 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly...lol!
Iron is an Element! Elements FORM living things!!!!!
We have iron in our LIVING BODIES.....it takes these elements to MAKE living things.
Iron is in our blood...thus it is a LIVING, and a LIVING THING (our bodies.blood) came from that!
So, that either means Iron is a LIVING thing
OR
Iron is a NON Living thing, and something derived from it...our blood/bodies.
...and where does iron itself derive from...a living or non living thing?
Let me make this easier for you....no one can say something can come from "nothing". Give me an example of nothing?
All of the heavier than hydrogen, helium and lithium elements were made in stars .
Iron was made by Stellar nucleosynthesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_nucleosy...

Hydrogen, helium and lithium, are predicted created in big bang cosmology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_nucleos...

Let me make this easier for you....no one can say something can come from "nothing". Give me an example of nothing?[

Nothing or absolute nothing doesn't exist, or there would be nothing. What we observe as nothing is a ground state, but the ground state is a potential. But this is another story,.

Anaheim, California

#635514 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>...but God and religion are two completely different things.
Just say'n
<quoted text>wonderful!
<quoted text>I'm not atheist. Im agnostic.
Agnostics differ from Atheists, because although Agnostics do not believe in a God, we accept the fact that it could be possible, because it can't be dis-proven.
Until I get some PROOF of a God, I'll continue to believe there isn't one. BUT, I'm open to proof! Anyone got any?
<quoted text>You are the one that looks like a Fool...assuming I am an Atheist, when I am Agnostic. There's a difference.
<quoted text>'You Atheists", lol, SHM
...because I'm open to proof either way.
Science has PROVEN the Christian bible completely WRONG...and it's supposed to be the word of God. That simple.
So, I blast Christianity. It has nothing to do with providing PROOF for or against Gods existence.
<quoted text>I agree 100%
I think we might be on the same page here...
Agnostics differ from Atheists, because although Agnostics do not believe in a God, we accept the fact that it could be possible, because it can't be dis-proven. Until I get some PROOF of a God, I'll continue to believe there isn't one.
And "COULD BE possible"? You'll "continue to BELIEVE there isn't one"?
You really don't realize you're no different than an atheist, do you?:/

Anaheim, California

#635515 Jul 2, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How or why would I do that, as I am an atheist? I know today, based on current knowledge in all fields, including theology, there is no proof of the existence of any gods.
And you're yet another atheists, to prove my point: which is that you blindly believe, as much as the theists do.:)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635516 Jul 2, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The Religiously Retarded Riverside Redneck spams this forum with definitively wrong statements on a daily basis and refuses to accept irrefutable facts in contradiction to his own inane delusions of grandeur.
He's also not man enough to seek professional help for his mental illness. You're feeding his pathetic and insatiable need for attention by replying to this stark raving mad insane lunatic. Please cease immediately!
99.9% wrong!

Anaheim, California

#635517 Jul 2, 2013
The question of "can something come from nothing" is a philosophical question.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635518 Jul 2, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
I'd prefer anti-theistic groups to unite and abandon use of the term atheist, but it's nice to see this group get a monument erected on public lands:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/Blog/2013/07/0...
1. You don't speak for all atheists.

2. Too bad, there's nothing illegal about putting a cross, or any religious monuments, on public property. Your frail sensitivities will just have to adapt and adjust.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 260,139
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 544,869
Word association game (Aug '08) 27 min Kid_Tomorrow 53,421
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 29 min Kid_Tomorrow 4,239
How will the world end? (Apr '09) 33 min Kid_Tomorrow 89
Best tips for health 40 min Kid_Tomorrow 5
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Dave Nelson 228,530
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 45 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 174,187
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 601,386

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE