Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#635787 Jul 3, 2013
Emoron wrote:
<quoted text>
This begs the question, what was responsible for the chemical process? God?
Yes. It could have been God. Or Allah. Or Zeus. Maybe the Blair Witch. Or Cindy Crawford. Or Davey Jones. How about Voldemort? Pikachu? Chuck Norris? Perhaps it was Santa Claus. Or the fairies in my garden. How about a mighty pink sloth with a motorbike for a vagina? Or how about my suitcease is really omniscient and IT created it?

You see? Once you start saying that some unlroven deity started this, then a whole host of deities can be named. As soon as you bring a deity into it, then I can ask you silly things like, prove that Chuck Norris is NOT god, etc.

Best is, we assume no gods, for none have revealed themselves in a demonstratable and repeatable way.

#635788 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Not my fault you cannot understand a simple point. Who says that a molecule or a "post box" needs to display self awareness as a whole in order that they possess some small aspect of consciousness? Especially when we have no idea what constitutes consciousness.
Why does quantum behavior differ from macroatomic behavior? Everything in existence is made from just a few fundamental building blocks/forces.
First you have to show us what exactly consciousness is and then you can get on your horse and tell me that there is no way that it (or a part of it) can be associated with anything else besides what you believe it to be associated with.
You people believe things don't exist until there is evidence for them. That is the attitude that kills science yet you blame people like me for the same. How in the world do we lowly humans know how much of reality is humanly detectable?
Okay point taken.

I will do that right after you prove that my dog is not omnscient

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#635789 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Jeezus christ krispies.
You are uninformed. 14 Billion years ago, our universe DID NOT EXIST.
13 Billion years ago, IT DID.
Was there life in a universe thag did not exist? Can people stay in a house that have not been built? Can I shag a woman that has not been born? Can I have an apple of the bunch if the bunch is non-existant? No, no, no, no, no and no.
So we had a dead universe, with no life. Now, by SOME MEANS, life started to exist. This is not a leap of faith, it is deductive logic that you have not yet grasped.
So how did life come to be? There are two main schools of thought:
1) May have been a god. This may have been the god you worship. Or the one I worshipped. Or the one Nelson Mandela worshipped. Or the invisible fairy. Or the Mystic River troll. Or the deity I made up just now. Or the Mighty Blue New Jersey Chimp with Peanut butter coated genitals.
2) No god involved, life started through chemical process.
Now in either event... WE HAD NO LIFE. THEN, LATER, WE HAVE LIFE.
Can you grasp that?
Your first premise is where you go wrong. You say the universe did not exist 14 billion years ago. So, was it created from nothing? You sure that something did not exist and just get set into motion rather than being created out of nothing? You're an idiot for pushing something that no one can know. Science cannot say a dam thing about t=0 or t<0. Nothing. Something must have existed. You mean creation (something from nothing) makes sense to you?

No one knows but I would say it makes most sense to think something (energy) was always in existence rather than being created from nothingness. Wake up bud

#635790 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> After a statement like that is when we get, from the atheists, statements like, "well then why not believe in leprechauns"?
Well, only an immature self serving person would make an absurd comparison like that.
Example :
It is just as likely that consciousness/life was always in existence as it is likely that it came into existence.
It is very much less likely that leprechauns exist and it is very much less likely than that to say they created everything in existence, because they would have to exist first in order to create something else.
Likely? You are here to talk about what is likely?

You advocated a bit earlier about a cross pollinating multiverse. And here you talk about what is 'likely'?

#635791 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
HELLO THERE,
I have asked these questions an hour ago no one seemed to reply, seems like there are no answers. if there is no God,“the big questions” remain unanswered, so how do we answer the following questions:why is there something rather than nothing?this question was asked by Aristotle and Leibniz alike,notwithstanding with incompatible answers.but it is an historic concern.why is there conscious,intelligent life on this planet,and is there any meaning to this life?if there is meaning,what kind of meaning and how is it found?Does human history lead anywhere,or is it all in vain since death is merely the end?how do you come to understand good and evil, right and wrong without a transcendent signifier?if these concepts are merely social constructions,or human opinions,whose opinion does one trust in determining what is good or bad,right or wrong?if you are content within atheism,what circumstances would serve to make you open to other answers?
I would be grateful to have the answers for the foregoing questions.
Sure. The answer is 42

Location hidden

#635792 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry mate, god of the gaps fallacy invoked.
Why does there have to be a god or concsiousness that started it all?
I don't believe anything was "started". I believe it 'always was'.

Why does consciousness have to be something that came into existence rather than always being in existence? You don't know. No one knows. 50/50. Period.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#635793 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bishop is wrong for several reasons.
Bible does not fix the age of the earth.
He calculated all the years to arrive at a date for the creation of the earth on Sunday, October 23, 4004 B.C.
He assumed they all lived exactly 365.25 days long and that they all died the day before their next birthday.
There are a number of other assumptions implicit in the calculation. The first, and foremost, assumption is that the genealogies of Genesis are complete, from father to son throughout the entire course of human existence. The second assumption is that the Genesis creation "days" were exactly 24-hours in length. It turns out that both assumptions are false.
No matter which way you slice it, your bishop is biblically wrong as the Bible DOES NOT give the age of the earth.
AT MOST, it gives a minimum age, but not a maximum age.
So perhaps he was what,(according to the babble timeline) somewhere between +/-20 to 50 years out in his calculations based on 356.25 days, but actually I believe he used years, as specified in the babble, not days

As far as I am aware the is only one break in the genealogy depicted in the babble between adam and eve and jesus and description of events tie the continuance pretty close together so we can assume a few years error at most. Unless of course you can provide links to other such breaks in continuance

A day is a day, the changes on rotational speed make no difference to that.

I assume you have been reading an apologist site for this data, of course it is highly relevant to godbot excuses but not really scientific or even factual.

No matter which way you squirm, Ushher used the data provided by the babble. You may not like this but that’s your problem. We have known you to be rather picky about what you believe is in the babble before.

Since: May 12

Ghana

#635794 Jul 3, 2013
Hi just wanted to share my thoughts. saying what u just said implies that you dont know the definition Allah in Islam. Can any of the names you mentioned but Allah create a fly? Can humans get back anything from a fly when it robs them of it? I am only asking for a fly, not the whole universe with its planets and starts.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It could have been God. Or Allah. Or Zeus. Maybe the Blair Witch. Or Cindy Crawford. Or Davey Jones. How about Voldemort? Pikachu? Chuck Norris? Perhaps it was Santa Claus. Or the fairies in my garden. How about a mighty pink sloth with a motorbike for a vagina? Or how about my suitcease is really omniscient and IT created it?
You see? Once you start saying that some unlroven deity started this, then a whole host of deities can be named. As soon as you bring a deity into it, then I can ask you silly things like, prove that Chuck Norris is NOT god, etc.
Best is, we assume no gods, for none have revealed themselves in a demonstratable and repeatable way.

#635795 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Your first premise is where you go wrong. You say the universe did not exist 14 billion years ago. So, was it created from nothing? You sure that something did not exist and just get set into motion rather than being created out of nothing? You're an idiot for pushing something that no one can know. Science cannot say a dam thing about t=0 or t<0. Nothing. Something must have existed. You mean creation (something from nothing) makes sense to you?
No one knows but I would say it makes most sense to think something (energy) was always in existence rather than being created from nothingness. Wake up bud
Sweet jesus on a stick

The Universe was created due to an immensely dense contraction of energy. Energy turned into mass. Mass creates Space.

Before this, there was no mass, no space. Wtf the actual definition of nothng is, nothing was there.

The Big Bang is a fact.

Go back to school. Ask your money back

#635796 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe anything was "started". I believe it 'always was'.
Why does consciousness have to be something that came into existence rather than always being in existence? You don't know. No one knows. 50/50. Period.
You are giving simple, inanimate things, like hidrogen molecules, a possibility of being conscious?

Ghana

#635797 Jul 3, 2013
I like your humor when you have no answer.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. The answer is 42

#635798 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Hi just wanted to share my thoughts. saying what u just said implies that you dont know the definition Allah in Islam. Can any of the names you mentioned but Allah create a fly? Can humans get back anything from a fly when it robs them of it? I am only asking for a fly, not the whole universe with its planets and starts.
<quoted text>
Double Fine does not know. All Double Fine knows, is that flies take a lot of sh*t before they get fed up

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635799 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus, Blair Witch, Cindy Crawford, Davey Jones. Voldemort, Pikachu, Chuck Norris, and Santa Claus and your other stuff are all beings defined to have a singular position, thus not omnipresent. Not omnipresent implies limited in knowledge and power. Limited in knowledge and power implies they can be destroyed, and hence can never be God.

The fact that different people throughout the ages have taken very simple minded perceptions of God, has no bearing on the existence of God.

Location hidden

#635800 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Likely? You are here to talk about what is likely?
You advocated a bit earlier about a cross pollinating multiverse. And here you talk about what is 'likely'?
Nothing unlikely about that when we have no idea how many "pathways" there are in the grand scheme of existence. We have no clue as to the grand structure of existence or what it is capable of, but you people like to act superior.

Personally my belief consists of a consciousness that has always been in existence and is the driving force for evolution. And of course this consciousness can survive any Big Bang because it is the most fundamental force in existence (according to my belief). So I don't believe that life was cross pollinated but fact is no one knows anything about things like that. I actually tend to believe that there is a such duality of life and nonlife and that life went through a process of abiogenesis here on earth, but only because consciousness was driving it. I don't see any of it as being chemically spontaneous (thermodynamically possible) according to natural law as we know it. If we could have observed the whole process in time lapse photography we might be seeing molecules that act conscious under the influence of some eternal consciousness.

Again, no one knows.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#635801 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part I agree but your conclusion doesn't necessarily follow your own logic. Why say "best is assume no gods"? Logically we should assume nothing based on what we know. I contend that since it is possible, maybe not probable, that a creator may have had a hand in this. That is what is best for me. The danger in my way of thinking is to remember not to impose my beliefs on others. That is where most theists go astray. You also cross this line when you suggest that your theory is "best".

Ghana

#635802 Jul 3, 2013
let me make it easier for you. Seems like my questions are difficult for your. let me ask you something a 5th grader can answer.
If you leave your wife alone in house, and when you return to the house you find traces of a man things, as cigarettes or clothes… etc, and when you ask her:“who was here?” she says:“no body” then you ask her:”if no body was here! from were have came these things?“she says:“they came by chance” would you believe her? that should be an easy question Double Fine. im sure double fine will figure this out.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine does not know. All Double Fine knows, is that flies take a lot of sh*t before they get fed up

Location hidden

#635803 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet jesus on a stick
The Universe was created due to an immensely dense contraction of energy. Energy turned into mass. Mass creates Space.
Before this, there was no mass, no space. Wtf the actual definition of nothing is, nothing was there.
The Big Bang is a fact.
Go back to school. Ask your money back
I never said I believe the BB never happened. Still, unless someone was there to observe it, it is still just an unsubstantiated theory. As if anyone can understand what it could really have been like for some infinitely small glob of energy to exist in the midst of nothingness and then explode into somethingness. No one understands the grand scheme, all we have are guesses. You sure there wasn't a way for life to have crossed paths with this "place"? You sure consciousness is not eternal? Energy is likely eternal so why not consciousness? Until someone unravels it then it's 50/50. Period

#635804 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus, Blair Witch, Cindy Crawford, Davey Jones. Voldemort, Pikachu, Chuck Norris, and Santa Claus and your other stuff are all beings defined to have a singular position, thus not omnipresent. Not omnipresent implies limited in knowledge and power. Limited in knowledge and power implies they can be destroyed, and hence can never be God.
The fact that different people throughout the ages have taken very simple minded perceptions of God, has no bearing on the existence of God.
Ah yes. But now I have to ask you to prove that Chuck Norris is not omnipotent... Remember. I have plenty of evidence on the Net...

Location hidden

#635805 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are giving simple, inanimate things, like hidrogen molecules, a possibility of being conscious?
So, you can't admit that no one can know whether consciousness came into existence or always was in existence? Just picking on stupid things to distract from the point?

OK I'll say it again, for you to ignore. I'm not saying that a molecule can exhibit the same characteristics of consciousness that we see in sentient beings but until we know what consciousness is we cannot deny that a part of consciousness can be carried by energy.

Location hidden

#635806 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
All Double Fine knows, is that flies take a lot of sh*t before they get fed up
Well then you can stop acting like you know what consciousness is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min guest 627,108
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min X Pendable 179,983
Get a $1500 Best Buy Shopping Spree! 14 min Pedro 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemale 278,337
Child adoption (Apr '13) 16 min Patricia 16
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min Lbj 14,154
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Stop Censoring Me 445,585
More from around the web