<quoted text>
99.9% wrong!
LOL! XD

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635520 Jul 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And there you go again, injecting a completely unnecessary complicating factor into a well-understood system.
Why do you want to do that?
My post was truthful, Mac.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635521 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:

Science has PROVEN the Christian bible completely WRONG...and it's supposed to be the word of God. That simple.
Ugh....

Not another one.......

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#635522 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sean Hannity? Bill?
People in general not pundits.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635523 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agnostics differ from Atheists, because although Agnostics do not believe in a God, we accept the fact that it could be possible, because it can't be dis-proven. Until I get some PROOF of a God, I'll continue to believe there isn't one.
And "COULD BE possible"? You'll "continue to BELIEVE there isn't one"?
You really don't realize you're no different than an atheist, do you?:/
You can have proof of God.

Talk to Him, believe in Him, know He's there for you, know He cares for you, know He loves you.

You'll see.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635524 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! XD
Mythic Idiot's rants are just that, rants.

Might as well have fun with it...

98.976% wrong!!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635525 Jul 2, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Of all the knowledge that has ever existed in human history, if expressed as a percentage, what percentage would we possess?
Example:
Without looking it up, how many here could pass a surprise quiz with the following questions?
1) Name all of the emperors of the 13th Ming Dynasty (Chinese history), their wives, and all of their children.
2) Speak a grammatically correct sentence in every dialect of the Navajo, Souix, and Iroquois Native American languages. Then translate it into English, Russian, Farsi, Chinese, Braille, and American Sign Language with no more than a combined 2% margin of error on the first attempt.
3) Recite every sentence of the Code of Hammurabi in the original language from memory with no more than 1 grammatical or sequential error.
4) Give step by step instructions from memory to remove a cyst from the brain stem of a Lipizzaner Stallion (horse) so that the procedure will save it's life.
These are just examples. I admit I can't answer any of them.
So with all of the vast body of knowledge in human history up to this very moment, how much would you say we know if expressed as a percentage in the ranges from 1% to 100%?
I wouldn't even be so bold as to say 1%. I'm not sure anyone is qualified to predict a percentage. Thing is, often we don't know something because we don't even know it is out there to know. We are just not aware, it didn't occur to us, the question did not register in our minds as yet.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#635526 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to Him, believe in Him, know He's there for you, know He cares for you, know He loves you.
You'll see.
Okay.
Hun, do you think we'll ever get any where in this thread?:/

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635527 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh....
Not another one.......
Come on RR you have to admit genesis is a bunch of imaginative and
highly creative bs , or did you give misses rib bone a kiss and tell her not to listen to any talking snakes today?

Anaheim, California

#635528 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mythic Idiot's rants are just that, rants.
Might as well have fun with it...
98.976% wrong!!
Lmao thats why I was laughing! You said that "percent wrong!" thing like he did. I know you were making fun of how he says that alot.:P

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635529 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
OR,
Thus, one has to conclude that there has to be an uncreated universe ultimately.
What if it becomes apparent to us, that another universe exists? Can there be two or more uncreated universes?

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#635530 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the on Earth makes you think I'm Christian, first of all?/
Probably the same reason that made YOU think I am Atheist in your previous post. I am not.
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont need to go into a rant like you to bring my point across
A rant? Really? How so?
What makes my post a "rant" and yours not?
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I already SIMPLY said what the difference is; if you dont know what Irminism is please just say that, instead of going off into a rant in an attempt to make it seem like you do.:/
Googling "irmnism" doesn't make you an expert on it, lol. Anyone can google it :D
Yet, why not refute my point on it, if you think your are the expert?
Can you kindly explain how "Irminsm" refutes my point?
Again...what makes my post a rant, and your not?
Google the word HYPOCRITE!
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Irminists, or "Pagans" never prayed to their gods and sat back and hoped for their gods to come "save them" from life's troubles like Christians do.:/
I addressed that!
I clearly said "since when does prayer equate a God". You can have a GOD, without praying to them. You even said it yourself HERE^ In your own words "Pagans never prayed to their Gods"...you called them GODS!!!!! Thanks for proving my point!
Prayer does not make a God...just ask the Pagans :D
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied that Irminists dont believe their gods actually exist like many Christians like to believe theirs a great is bearded man lying up in the clouds somewhere.:/
I agree...but there are different level of Pagans..polytheistic or henotheistic, not all are.
It's more about believing that Nature itself is their GOD, and its connection within us.
A lot of them believe the SUN is God...and YES, they believe the sun is real.
you seem to be equating a GOD/Gods with being a "man" or a "human"....when it could be beyond that.
MOSTLY....how come Christians can easily dismiss Pagan or "Irminist" God, yet not use that same critical thinking on their own God?
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
They liked to look at them as metaphors for events in the universe and representations of themselves, because you know humans are reflections of the universe.:)
:/
...you skipped the point regarding Allah and Mohammed. Why not address that? Why only Pagans/Irminists?
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Irminists, or "Pagans" :/
I think you mean NEO-Pagans
Just say'n
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
And no people never believed Zeus to actually exist. I dont know where you got that from.:/
if you dont know GREEK religion please just say that, instead of going off into a rant in an attempt to make it seem like you do. The Greks ABSOLUTELY believed Zeus was real...among many other Gods!
Greeks were unanimous in recognizing the birthplace of Zeus as Crete.
Socates got into trouble for expressing he didn't believe in the gods, though later philosophers were qute happy to regard them as symbolic rather than real.
LOL!

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635531 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the heavier than hydrogen, helium and lithium elements were made in stars .
Iron was made by Stellar nucleosynthesis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_nucleosy...
Hydrogen, helium and lithium, are predicted created in big bang cosmology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang_nucleos...
Let me make this easier for you....no one can say something can come from "nothing". Give me an example of nothing?[
Nothing or absolute nothing doesn't exist, or there would be nothing. What we observe as nothing is a ground state, but the ground state is a potential. But this is another story,.
How do you know "nothing" doesn't exist, if we do not have an example of "nothing"?
You say "nothing doesn't exist, or there would be nothing"....EXACTLY...so how can you say it does not exist, if there's no way to measure or research "nothing"?

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635532 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agnostics differ from Atheists, because although Agnostics do not believe in a God, we accept the fact that it could be possible, because it can't be dis-proven. Until I get some PROOF of a God, I'll continue to believe there isn't one.
And "COULD BE possible"? You'll "continue to BELIEVE there isn't one"?
Yes, I'll continue to believe there is NOT one, because there is NO proof of one.
BUT, I am open that it can be possible...but not probable.
My mind is open to CHANGE with proof.
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't realize you're no different than an atheist, do you?:/
Agnostics are DIFFERENT from Atheist.
An Atheist is someone who completely rejects the belief in GOd, or an after life.
I (as an Agnostic) am OPEN to the belief in God, but I don't think it's probable.
I also think there MIGHT be an after life, or other dimensions.....NONE of which requires a GOD to be real. You can have a afterlife, or move to another dimension without there being a GOD.
If you can CLEARLY see the difference between MY agnostic beliefs, and Atheist beliefs...then you're being intellectually dishonest.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635533 Jul 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies in assuming that you were generalizing. I don't want to be that asshole :)
If you ask me, the Bible is a collection of books written about God, through human and also through cultural understanding. Even if the books of the Bible were written by God directly, we can't say that God gave us the bible. The Bible, as we know it today was hand picked and canonized by a group of men with an agenda. There are other books that did not make "the cut". I believe that those who seek spiritual truth already know this, and know that the important thing is not necessarily the words that were written as they were then, but what about those words applies to our lives in modern times.
There are good lessons there but some are through a cultural lens that doesn't make sense when read with today's eyes. The recorded words of Jesus are the parts of the Bible that I believe are the purest form of God's message.
I get your point...I really do! But here is my question:
How can you believe in ONE part of the bible, and completely disregard OTHER parts of the bible....knowing a LOT of the bible has been debunked by science, or is completely inhumane, brutal, and sickening?
Hasn't the bible lost all credibility?
In the words of Bill Maher....."You can find more morality in the RICK JAMES bible, than the Christian bible"

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635534 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW...really?! Then please...do tell us all!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to Him
That's not proof of God :(
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
believe in Him
That is not proof of God :(
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
know He's there for you,
That is not proof of God :(
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
know He cares for you, know He loves you.
AGAIN, that is certainly NOT proof of God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll see.
None of that ids proof whatsoever.
What you listed are ways of people deluding themselves into believing something with ZERO proof.
I think another word for that is FAITH...blindly believing in someone irrational without proof.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#635535 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is not possible to prove he doesnt exist, how on Earth is it then possible to prove that he does?
Lol.:P
Think about what you typed for a second. How does one prove existence?

Think of something like Bigfoot. What would be proof enough to you that Bigfoot exists? Some country bumpkin saw it while drinking beer after beating his wife? Nah. Not proof. But suppose you find a carcass? Or a live animal? That is proof enough.

Now how about dinosaurs. Mankind did not knkw about these beasts until recently. Yet, we know they existed. How? Fossil evidence. We found bones (fossils are not technically bones, but that is another topic). We find a skeletal structure so completely different than anything that exist today. Radiometric dating puts it at say, 100 million years old. So we know that magnificent beasts roamed the earth long, long before we lever existed.

What shall it be for a deity? If it is a book god, test it to miracles that is aimed it has performed. Make a Christian prophet part the Red Sea, or something like that

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#635536 Jul 2, 2013
The definition of nothing as understood by the average person is just that..nothing. There is nothing tangible,visible or detectable.
The disingenuous claims some make that something came from nothing clearly engage in semantic chicanery.Nothing in the commonly understood definition and "nothing" in physics are two distinctly different definitions.Those with agendas beyond truth attempt to dupe the casual observer into believing the nothing from which something comes is the common definition of the word not the definition used in physics..

Anaheim, California

#635538 Jul 2, 2013

Google Irminism? Lmao oh please you dont know where I got my knowledge of Irminism from, and it most certainly isnt Google.
Where you get your agnostic "wisdom" from? YouTube? Lol :P
Your post is a rant because you posted jumbled group of sentences that have nothing to do with Irminism. You dont know what it is, so stop making long boring paragraphs about something you know nothing about.
I never said praying to a "god" or "God" therefore makes them a "god" or "God". My point was that your deluded little brain cant see, is that they never BELIEVED them to actually exist like the Christians do. Unlike Christians, Irminists dont sit back and hope their "God" does something, they believe in action. And they saw their "gods" as metaphors. They didnt really believe the god Thor actually rode in a carriage across the sky to cause lightning with a real hammer. If you know so much about Irminism, I'd like to see you explain to me how the hell it's exactly like Christianity. I've been studying Germanic mythology and culture for years, thank you very much.
And no, I wasnt concluding that their "gods" were limited to representations of themselves. You obviously cant read, because you didnt see that I said they saw their "gods" as representations of events in the universe as well.
And dont use the word Irminist loosely by putting it in quotes and calling Irminists Pagans . "Pagan" is a stupid word xenophobic Christians gave to the villagers practicing Irminism in the countrysides, when the Christians brought their religion to the cities. "Pagan" is a Latin word for "villager"; from Late Latin paganus, from Latin, civilian, country dweller, from pagus country district. The Christians saw the "pagans" as villains; The English term "villain" is originally the same term: a person living in a village or in the countryside. Besides the "Pagans" never even called their "beliefs" by a name anyway. It was the only thing they knew, so why would they need to label their "belief" system? The Japanese didnt feel a need to call their "Shinto" "religion" by a name either, until they needed to be able to seperate their "Shintoism" from the foreign Buddhaism and Confuscianism.
And "neo-Pagans" arent even real Irminists, because they incorporate things from other religions that have nothing to do with the ancient thought of Irminism.
And I do know about the Greek "religion". You seem to keep getting Irminism mixed up with religion, because YOU are the one who dont know what they're talking about. Irminism was a universal "belief" in Europe; be they Slavic, Russian, Norwegian, or German, they ALL had the same "gods" just with different names, because they spoke different languages, because they lived in different parts of Europe.
Again, theGreeks recognizing the birth place of Zeus to be Crete is not the same as Christian fundamentalism.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635539 Jul 2, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it becomes apparent to us, that another universe exists? Can there be two or more uncreated universes?
It could be an infinite amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 559,788
Moses never existed 9 min WasteWater 769
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min lisw 175,711
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Charlie Sheen 265,251
Gay snapchat names 45 min Hot and big 152
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 605,117
Gay Teens In Utah 1 hr Nick 2
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr foothillbilly 441,788
More from around the web