Prove there's a god.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635956 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Mankind evolved from ape-like ancestors. We have fossil evidence, DNA evidence, RNA evidence, anatomical evidence to back this up. Deity or not, mankind did not just begin to exist at thedrop of a hat
Why do you bother replying to the religiously retarded Riverside Redneck? He'll only reply with definitively wrong statements because the death-denying coward doesn't have the guts to seek professional help for his mental illness. You're not helping this stark raving mad insane lunatic by feeding his insatiable need for attention on an international forum.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#635957 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Nothingness means no gravity, like before the Big Bang.
There was no matter. And no physical laws to govern matter (because none was created yet)
We don't know that there was nothing before what is perceived to be the beginning of "our" everything.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635958 Jul 3, 2013
sentil38 wrote:
if there's no God, who take your soul from your body
Humans don't have eternal souls.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#635959 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Crystals are not considered living.
God does not conform to my imagination. I accept that God is unimaginable.
And He doesn't like me best.
Hmm.

Almost.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/339/6122/93...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#635960 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and I'm the only person I know broke a collarbone and a coupla ribs falling off a haystack. At 25 MPH.
Crap, I heard an awful story like that.
This 18 year old kid brother of a woman I met was moving into a house 4 houses down. He put his bed in the back of his dad pickup and sat on it, while his father, mother and sister were in the cab.
They took off, she said her dad was going about 15 mph and the wind caught under the mattress flipped it out the truck with him , and he landed f-ed up on his head, broke his neck and died.

That was the worst story of freak accidents I ever heard, I mean I have had worse accidents and emerged unscathed. But that's so messed up it made me sad hearing it. Consider yourself lucky I guess mac?
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635961 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Keeping oneself occupied with relentless research to answer these questions results in a clear awareness that everything in the universe, its order, each living being and structure is a component of a plan, a product of design.
You sure get off on posting lengthy diatribes of complete and utter bullshit! There's absolutely no scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design.

A religiously retarded imbecile's willful ignorance of science isn't proof for the existence of the mythical deity of their particular cult just their own willing desire to be a delusional godbot desperately clinging to utterly ridiculous and thoroughly discredited Dark Ages dogma.

http://www.islam-watch.org/

The Borderland of Sol

#635962 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
So you mean to say everything in this world came by chance. Let me point out a few things to think about. From the moment man opens his eyes to this world a great order surrounds him. He needs oxygen to survive; it is interesting that the atmosphere of the planet on which he lives provides more than just the adequate amount of oxygen he needs. This way, he breathes without difficulty. For the existence of life on this planet, the existence of a source of heat is essential. In response to this need, the sun is located at just the right distance to emit the exact amount of heat and energy human life needs. Man needs nourishment to survive; every corner of the world abounds in astonishingly diversified provisions. Likewise, man needs water; surprisingly, three-fourths of the planet is covered with water. Man needs shelter; in this world of ours, there is land on which it is suitable to build and all sorts of materials with which to make shelters.These are only a few among billions of details making life possible on earth. In brief, man lives on a planet perfectly designed for his survival. This is certainly a planet “created for human beings”, as God said in the Quran:“Do you not see that God has subjected for you all that is in the Heavens and all that is on the Earth, and has completed and perfected His Bounties upon you,[both] apparent and hidden?...”(Quran 31:20)
A person’s interpretation of the world rests on “acquired methods of thought.” That is, he thinks in the way he has been taught, or, less kindly, the way in which he is indoctrinated. Under this misguidance, he often dismisses all the aforementioned as “trivial realities.” However, if he does not side-step the matter, and start questioning the conditions making our existence possible, he will surely step out of the boundaries of habitual thinking and start to think:How does the atmosphere serve as a protective ceiling for the earth?
How does each one of the billions of cells in the human body know and perform its individual tasks?
How does this extraordinary ecological balance exist on earth?
A person seeking answers to these questions surely proceeds on the right path. He does not remain insensitive to things happening around him, and doesn’t plead ignorance about the extraordinary nature of the world. A person who asks questions, who reflects on and gives answers to these questions will realize that, on every inch of the planet, a plan and an order reigns:
How did the flawless order in the whole universe come into being?
Who provided the delicate balances in the world?
How did living beings, incredibly diversified in nature, emerge?
Keeping oneself occupied with relentless research to answer these questions results in a clear awareness that everything in the universe, its order, each living being and structure is a component of a plan, a product of design. Every detail: the excellent structure of an insect’s wing, the system enabling a tree to carry tons of water to its topmost branches, the order of planets, and the ratio of gases in the atmosphere; all are unique examples of perfection.
Think again carefully.
<quoted text>
*sigh*

That's a common Fundie fallacy.

The Universe, and the planet, did not exist for the perfect formation for the origin and development of life as we know it.

Life as we know it developed to fit the environment that prevailed.
Open the mind, child.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635963 Jul 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We don't know that there was nothing before what is perceived to be the beginning of "our" everything.
Are you kidding? During the heavy bombardment of Earth?
Sure there was the cheers bar on the corner of molten rock ,and lava flow st. But it ain't like it was too crowed or nothing.

Since: May 12

Accra, Ghana

#635964 Jul 3, 2013
Thank you for your reply man.
Can i ask you a simple question, is there such a thing as cold?
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure get off on posting lengthy diatribes of complete and utter bullshit! There's absolutely no scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design.
A religiously retarded imbecile's willful ignorance of science isn't proof for the existence of the mythical deity of their particular cult just their own willing desire to be a delusional godbot desperately clinging to utterly ridiculous and thoroughly discredited Dark Ages dogma.
http://www.islam-watch.org/

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#635965 Jul 3, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're yet another atheists, to prove my point: which is that you blindly believe, as much as the theists do.:)
Sorry, but though I understand what you are trying to say, your comment makes no sense.:)

Accra, Ghana

#635966 Jul 3, 2013
I admire your thoughts. just a simple questions, the same question i asked to myth buster, is there such a thing as cold?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
That's a common Fundie fallacy.
The Universe, and the planet, did not exist for the perfect formation for the origin and development of life as we know it.
Life as we know it developed to fit the environment that prevailed.
Open the mind, child.

Location hidden

#635967 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet jesus on a stick
The Universe was created due to an immensely dense contraction of energy. Energy turned into mass. Mass creates Space.
Before this, there was no mass, no space. Wtf the actual definition of nothng is, nothing was there.
The Big Bang is a fact.
Go back to school. Ask your money back
Nothing is defined as an absence of something. In the past we've discovered that there really was something where we thought there was nothing, all due to some new tool that was invented to help us "see" the nothing, the tiny, the previously inexplicable...uncanny to many and still unbelievable to some. I can't wait for a new, improved tool...

xD

The Borderland of Sol

#635968 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
I admire your thoughts. just a simple questions, the same question i asked to myth buster, is there such a thing as cold?
<quoted text>
Technically, no.

"Cold" is the absence of heat.

Accra, Ghana

#635969 Jul 3, 2013
Great! whatg about darkness, is there such a thing as darkness?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, no.
"Cold" is the absence of heat.

Location hidden

#635970 Jul 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? During the heavy bombardment of Earth?
Sure there was the cheers bar on the corner of molten rock ,and lava flow st. But it ain't like it was too crowed or nothing.
I said "before" what we know of as our universe. There could be life that exists at a different energy level, made of energy/matter even more exotic than either dark matter or dark energy. Our eyes and other senses have proven to be limited regarding these subjects before.

We could not have made a map like this...

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/06/...

...with the tools we had at our disposal 100 years ago.

Click on the animated map at the bottom of the article.

It is possible that something did exist before the big burp.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#635972 Jul 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing is defined as an absence of something. In the past we've discovered that there really was something where we thought there was nothing, all due to some new tool that was invented to help us "see" the nothing, the tiny, the previously inexplicable...uncanny to many and still unbelievable to some. I can't wait for a new, improved tool...
xD
Double Fine has one of those.

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#635973 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and the difference between a good friend and a best friend?
A good friend will take a walk in the woods with you, even in the rain.
A best friend will carry the shovel and help drag the body.
Ha! I'm using this.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635974 Jul 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I said "before" what we know of as our universe. There could be life that exists at a different energy level, made of energy/matter even more exotic than either dark matter or dark energy. Our eyes and other senses have proven to be limited regarding these subjects before.
We could not have made a map like this...
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2013/06/...
...with the tools we had at our disposal 100 years ago.
Click on the animated map at the bottom of the article.
It is possible that something did exist before the big burp.
I'm really optimistic about this type thing, but today I get to play the skeptic , you being my best girl and all.
Who knows? We could be flowing into another universe, I better bring a canoe :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635975 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't not exist in you mind
He can't lie? What the whole god story is a lie made up by bronze age goat herders to fool the gullible
He can't defy logic (like creating a spherical triangle). You mean like existing in this universe but outside of the laws of this universe – more contradiction?
He can't learn anything new. Nothing new there then, neither can you so we know where the god of your imagination gets it from
He can't answer every prayer, only those that are in accordance to His will, or any prayer unless of course you have evidence to prove otherwise?
You understand that what I told you is basic Christian beliefs, right? The kind of stuff a Christian knows before they're 20...

Location hidden

#635976 Jul 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Double Fine has one of those.
Do all the newly honed ones look that inflamed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Gotti 71,164
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Big Al 699,310
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min ROG 447,277
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 52 min Big Al 37
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 3 hr Ricky F 1,837
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 8 hr lookforlove23 4
Simpson made morgue's embalmer's job......"easy" 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1