Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635453 Jul 2, 2013
Pokay wrote:
(something from nothing)
Science is currently studying universal "nothingness" to understand the origin of the universe. There's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of an eternal consciousness behind it.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#635454 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right though. They seem to loose their degenerate minds over cuss words. Like little kids; "omg she sad a bad word!"
"She cussed so therefore she's wrong!" "Oh dear!" :O
Oh give me a break.......
I noticed nobody is chewing out Sharkey for being the one who started the name-calling in the first place. ;)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#635455 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahaha. That's pretty funny coming from you. Here's my interpretation of you, if you had been the one to define emotion:
You see, your mindmagnet is wound up like a spring - a potential of energy wrapped up inside your thingies and your somethings. When something disturbs your emotional electromagnetic field, perturbations in the force begin to form, thus causing what we humans call emotion. Such is responsible for thingies like auras and telekenesis. We are fish moving in a current, hooked by the designer, but we think we are in control. Vibrations put into motion ages ago are only now just tugging on the string in our mouth - and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the cause of emotion. Jesus reels, we feel. We only choose what bait to chase after.
It's actually really fun to try and write like you. The inside of your head must be a wonderland of lunacy.
You do a frighteningly good Dave.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635457 Jul 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is fun, keep doing it. Your brain can use the exercise. You will get dizzy at first, seeing new things, but eventually your brain will catch up and you can start connecting dots a draw a bigger picture than what you are used to. You may want to put sunglasses on, though.
Such is normal for people that get out of school and start seeing the real world. Oh, when those blinders come off, the things you can really see.
Good luck, Timmy.
In other words, Dave agrees with everything you said.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635458 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You give yourself too much credit dave. Emulating you was not some great mental feat. Magnets + thingies + vagueness + funny metaphor + dash of insanity = perfect dave post.
I disagree.

It takes much more than a dash of insanity.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635459 Jul 2, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You're missing the point too. Life may have always been in existence. In that case 'abiogenesis' would be a moot point. Anyone that thinks abiogenesis is close to being cracked is mega-duped, sorry. Just like thinking that consciousness is almost cracked. But you're free to believe what you want.
BTW, when one defines "God" to mean 'everything that is yet unknown' then "God" surely exists.
How do we know that molecules don't possess some small aspect of "consciousness"? Just as the nature of matter changes when we go from 'groups of molecules' to the quantum world, the nature of consciousness may change when it is confined to a smaller or differently organized environment.
Science cannot approach it.
Get your molecule act together.
We could tell when they were marching rank and file repeating...
"we are pokay, we are the borg"

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#635460 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove "God" exists with physics :)
God can not be proven with physics. Nor can God be dis-proven with physics.
BUT...we can disprove the Christian BIBLE with science and physics.
That doesn't prove if there's a God or not.
It does prove that the bible is NOT the word of God, and it proves the bible to be nothing more than mythology.

So I ask Christians?
Why are you Atheists when it comes to all Gods other than the Christian God?
Christians use rational thought and thinking when it comes to dismissing Zeus, Apollo, Mohammed, Allah, Odin, etc...yet they fail to turn that same critical thinking onto their own beliefs.
I don't understand how reasonable intelligent people can accept such a fable?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635462 Jul 2, 2013
waaaz up wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.. Dude, your intelligent card has just been revoked.
You seriously think this chic is a Christian??
Wowwww...
Please, wazoo.

Give me a list of your approved christians.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#635463 Jul 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearie, your memory seems to be as lacking as your judgement. I did not jump on you with the Quantum comments.
What I did, is tell you that the Holocaust was no hoax. Since then, you have replied with nothing but insult.
Disprove a deity with physics? Not possible. The most that we can say, is that we have found no evidence of of any kind that supports and omniscient, omnipotent creator.
Thank you for saying it is not possible to disprove something as fantastic as religion with physics. I've been waiting for one of you to admit that. And since it is not possible, I wish the rest of your ilk will stop pushing for proof he doesn't exist.

Anaheim, California

#635465 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When people ignore 100 years of neuroscience and say consciousness is "quantum" it is an insult to neurobiology.
The problem pokey and you are having is simple, science can't explain how life came to be. You exchange the word conscious for the word life and and quantum for god and you are making a creation argument.
Because it is the very same argument, with you not being able to show any evidence of any quantum effects. Therefore on effect you're saying man doesn't know anything because he doesn't know everything.(Russell's teapot)
But we do know lots about consciousness through neurobiology
and that can't be ignored.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/...
Can you read?? I already said that when I said that, it was a PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENT, anyway.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#635466 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>...
And I wasnt making fun of blacks, I was making fun of the Afrocentric racist Black Panther sorry exuses for human beings who are black, not black people themselves.
And if I'm so boring, then stop replying to me. You can easily cast your gaze passed my posts.:)
You mean these guys?

Yeah...those idiots will be marching to a different drummer when Mexico finishes taking over our government.

Location hidden

#635467 Jul 2, 2013
Pokay wrote:
I'm an atheist when it comes to deciding whether matter is conscious, in and of itself. I have no belief on it; it may be or it may not be. Either way it is consistent with my belief that some aspect of consciousness is eternal and that consciousness is the most fundamental force in existence. It certainly is the most mysterious force.
It's sad when people get overconfident that consciousness is transiently emergent of molecules that were once unconscious, especially without a plausible mechanism for how molecules could become aware of themselves as if evolution "selected for" consciousness.
I understand that, in the case of unconscious molecules becoming aware, awareness would be an illusion as would be 'free will'. I'm not gonna sit here and say this is an impossible scenario, like you guys say it is impossible to believe consciousness is eternal, but in this case we would still be no closer to an answer. The concept of 'existence' itself is still unjustifiable and scientifically unapproachable.
You based your whole argument on a fallacy, because molecules aren't conscious. DNA possibly is , but it is a complex chain of organic molecules. But more likely DNA is instructions to build consciousness. So the argument is actually how did DNA come about, and the answer is...Nobody knows exactly how yet.

Anaheim, California

#635468 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>God can not be proven with physics. Nor can God be dis-proven with physics.
BUT...we can disprove the Christian BIBLE with science and physics.
That doesn't prove if there's a God or not.
It does prove that the bible is NOT the word of God, and it proves the bible to be nothing more than mythology.
So I ask Christians?
Why are you Atheists when it comes to all Gods other than the Christian God?
Christians use rational thought and thinking when it comes to dismissing Zeus, Apollo, Mohammed, Allah, Odin, etc...yet they fail to turn that same critical thinking onto their own beliefs.
I don't understand how reasonable intelligent people can accept such a fable?
First of all I'm not religious. And second you cant put Odin, Allah, "God", all in the same pot when they arent the same thing. I can especially vouch for Odin, because I'm an expert in Irminism. Odin was not prayed to like Christians do to "God". He was an esoteric metaphor for something science cant grasp.

Thats why Christianity is so easy for atheists to target.:/

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635469 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is blind. You dont KNOW that he doesnt exist. Because you have no proof. You're such radical atheist. So get down and use science to prove he doesnt exist. I want to see the math and some formulas.
Go.:P
I have no need or desire to even attempt to prove a negative.

I have concluded for myself that no god exists.

And I have never tried to base any voting decisions on that conclusion.
wow wee

Chesapeake, VA

#635470 Jul 2, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
I don't have to prove, I know there is a God.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635471 Jul 2, 2013
David wrote:
Follow the money trail you simple minded fools. It was always about the power.
It's irrefutable historical fact that organized religion is a hoax created to control gullible fools. There will someday be an international ban on ALL religious cults with their ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma and the sooner the better or these stark raving mad insane lunatics will kill us all.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#635472 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, 850 cc. Remember, there was a 500 cc and a 600 cc.
And what about the Deux Chevaux?
I drove an 800cc car once. Its engine sounded like the straight six of a Porsche! Sadly, the perdormance was not the same.

Deux Chaveux?

Anaheim, California

#635473 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed nobody is chewing out Sharkey for being the one who started the name-calling in the first place. ;)
You're right. Especially with his extremist racist views on white people.

I already chewed him out for it though. Hopefully he's too chewed out to come back.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635474 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for saying it is not possible to disprove something as fantastic as religion with physics. I've been waiting for one of you to admit that. And since it is not possible, I wish the rest of your ilk will stop pushing for proof he doesn't exist.
We're not.

We're waiting for proof-or even some tidbit of evidence-that he DOES.

Location hidden

#635475 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is one lunatic on here who used to claim the universe is ruled by chaos, until I showed him just how ordered the universe is. Now he claims that all chemical reactions are perfectly ordered, never random. ;)
" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_t... ;
I have yet to see a phase that was capable of creating life from nonlife. Maybe consciousness is merely a force that rides the waves of energy, manifesting at will, ensuring its own immortality through evolution, maybe not. Still, there must be a "will" somewhere in that equation.

The universe is chaos that comes to order by the fundamental forces and decays to chaos that comes order by the fundamental forces then and decays to chaos..........rinse and repeat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min Mr Wiggley 441,613
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 16 min yon 927
INSIDERJOHN.COM REVIEW : BinaryApp-810 SCAM 18 min dess71 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Liam 554,984
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 25 min scirocco 37,655
What Is The New World Order? 27 min Ebola Kills Everyone 5
NWO...New And Terrible Masters 46 min Ebola Kills Everyone 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 603,651
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 263,551
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 hr zafar 1,183

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE