“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#635467 Jul 2, 2013
Pokay wrote:
I'm an atheist when it comes to deciding whether matter is conscious, in and of itself. I have no belief on it; it may be or it may not be. Either way it is consistent with my belief that some aspect of consciousness is eternal and that consciousness is the most fundamental force in existence. It certainly is the most mysterious force.
It's sad when people get overconfident that consciousness is transiently emergent of molecules that were once unconscious, especially without a plausible mechanism for how molecules could become aware of themselves as if evolution "selected for" consciousness.
I understand that, in the case of unconscious molecules becoming aware, awareness would be an illusion as would be 'free will'. I'm not gonna sit here and say this is an impossible scenario, like you guys say it is impossible to believe consciousness is eternal, but in this case we would still be no closer to an answer. The concept of 'existence' itself is still unjustifiable and scientifically unapproachable.
You based your whole argument on a fallacy, because molecules aren't conscious. DNA possibly is , but it is a complex chain of organic molecules. But more likely DNA is instructions to build consciousness. So the argument is actually how did DNA come about, and the answer is...Nobody knows exactly how yet.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#635468 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>God can not be proven with physics. Nor can God be dis-proven with physics.
BUT...we can disprove the Christian BIBLE with science and physics.
That doesn't prove if there's a God or not.
It does prove that the bible is NOT the word of God, and it proves the bible to be nothing more than mythology.
So I ask Christians?
Why are you Atheists when it comes to all Gods other than the Christian God?
Christians use rational thought and thinking when it comes to dismissing Zeus, Apollo, Mohammed, Allah, Odin, etc...yet they fail to turn that same critical thinking onto their own beliefs.
I don't understand how reasonable intelligent people can accept such a fable?
First of all I'm not religious. And second you cant put Odin, Allah, "God", all in the same pot when they arent the same thing. I can especially vouch for Odin, because I'm an expert in Irminism. Odin was not prayed to like Christians do to "God". He was an esoteric metaphor for something science cant grasp.

Thats why Christianity is so easy for atheists to target.:/

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#635469 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is blind. You dont KNOW that he doesnt exist. Because you have no proof. You're such radical atheist. So get down and use science to prove he doesnt exist. I want to see the math and some formulas.
Go.:P
I have no need or desire to even attempt to prove a negative.

I have concluded for myself that no god exists.

And I have never tried to base any voting decisions on that conclusion.
wow wee

Chesapeake, VA

#635470 Jul 2, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
I don't have to prove, I know there is a God.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635471 Jul 2, 2013
David wrote:
Follow the money trail you simple minded fools. It was always about the power.
It's irrefutable historical fact that organized religion is a hoax created to control gullible fools. There will someday be an international ban on ALL religious cults with their ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma and the sooner the better or these stark raving mad insane lunatics will kill us all.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#635472 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, 850 cc. Remember, there was a 500 cc and a 600 cc.
And what about the Deux Chevaux?
I drove an 800cc car once. Its engine sounded like the straight six of a Porsche! Sadly, the perdormance was not the same.

Deux Chaveux?

Anaheim, California

#635473 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed nobody is chewing out Sharkey for being the one who started the name-calling in the first place. ;)
You're right. Especially with his extremist racist views on white people.

I already chewed him out for it though. Hopefully he's too chewed out to come back.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#635474 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for saying it is not possible to disprove something as fantastic as religion with physics. I've been waiting for one of you to admit that. And since it is not possible, I wish the rest of your ilk will stop pushing for proof he doesn't exist.
We're not.

We're waiting for proof-or even some tidbit of evidence-that he DOES.

Location hidden

#635475 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is one lunatic on here who used to claim the universe is ruled by chaos, until I showed him just how ordered the universe is. Now he claims that all chemical reactions are perfectly ordered, never random. ;)
" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_t... ;
I have yet to see a phase that was capable of creating life from nonlife. Maybe consciousness is merely a force that rides the waves of energy, manifesting at will, ensuring its own immortality through evolution, maybe not. Still, there must be a "will" somewhere in that equation.

The universe is chaos that comes to order by the fundamental forces and decays to chaos that comes order by the fundamental forces then and decays to chaos..........rinse and repeat.

Anaheim, California

#635476 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You mean these guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6W_in_1Ya3EXX
Yeah...those idiots will be marching to a different drummer when Mexico finishes taking over our government.
Yes!!!:O And also read about the Nation Of Islam. They are psychotic! You know they believe whites were made in a dish in Egypt billions of years ago by some "big-headed black scientist" named Yakub from a germ? Way to turn Theosophy into a horror story fit for stroking the ego's of crazy black people.:O

Though psychotic, they have some very entertaining reads. Lmao.:P

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#635477 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for saying it is not possible to disprove something as fantastic as religion with physics. I've been waiting for one of you to admit that. And since it is not possible, I wish the rest of your ilk will stop pushing for proof he doesn't exist.
I must comment on this:
1. You changed the premise of the question. You said prove there is not a GOD with physics. Now you say RELIGION. There is a HUGE difference.

2. How can physics prove a NEGATIVE? How can physics prove something does NOT EXIST? There's nothing in existence to measure or study. Understand?
It would be up to the God believers to prove physics PROVES Gods existence. It can't.

3. NOW...science and physics CAN disprove RELIGION! There is a BIBLE...and we can RESEARCH and disprove many things in the religion.
Example...the bible gives TWO creations of the Earth...both CONTRADICT each other. You don't even need science or physics to SEE/know that.

4. The bible claims the SUN revolves around the Earth...DISPROVEN BY SCIENCE.
The bible claims the Earth is less than 7,000 years old...DISPROVEN BY SCIENCE.
The bible claims the EARTH came before the stars...DISPROVEN BY SCIENCE!
The bible claims the MOON is a light, yet we know it's a rock relflecting the SUN....again science disproves the bible and the basis for Christian religion.

Now....why change the subject from physics and proof of God, to physics disproving religion?
I have given examples, and have done so. Want more examples?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#635478 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao what a two-face. That also means you also think Al's and Truth's beliefs are hogwash.:P
No wonder they say trying to reason with atheists is like trying to reason with a wall.
Everyone has different thoughts and sees the same things differently such as in the story of the blind men and the Elephant. I noticed that in that story, they did not disrespect each other nor did they hate each other. Sure, I know that life is not that simple. It never is. And sometimes, just sometimes, unpleasantness is necessary.
But in here, Topix. Is not one of those times.

"Yelling at living things does tend to kill the spirit in them. Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts...
-Robert Fulghum

TT and DF have done very well by me though we may disagree on some things and I'm ok with it.
That's just life.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#635479 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have never said that anyone can use physics, biology, palaeontology or any other field to disprove a deity, fairy, invisible pink unicorn or anything.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635481 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
No, RR, for the love of all that is holy, please stop... I am going to break my computer screen if I have to read you say this again.
The Religiously Retarded Riverside Redneck spams this forum with definitively wrong statements on a daily basis and refuses to accept irrefutable facts in contradiction to his own inane delusions of grandeur.

He's also not man enough to seek professional help for his mental illness. You're feeding his pathetic and insatiable need for attention by replying to this stark raving mad insane lunatic. Please cease immediately!

Location hidden

#635482 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>How can we possibly know if "non-life" is capable of creating life.....when we don't have an example of "non-life" to measure?
...if there is a GOD, how was "God" created? From LIFE? Or from nothing? Did God have parents?
What about the universe? Where did it ORIGINATE from, and so on?
No one can really make that claim, when we do not have an example of non-life to research or study...

Non life is all inanimate matter, life is composed of it, the difference between life and non life , are complex chains of organic carbon atoms. These are what DNA are made of or simply the building blocks of life.

But by example a piece of iron is not alive , nor is any the other 117 elements.

Anaheim, California

#635483 Jul 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not.
We're waiting for proof-or even some tidbit of evidence-that he DOES.
If it is not possible to prove he doesnt exist, how on Earth is it then possible to prove that he does?

Lol.:P

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#635484 Jul 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I drove an 800cc car once. Its engine sounded like the straight six of a Porsche! Sadly, the perdormance was not the same.
Deux Chaveux?
http://www.google.com/search...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635485 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I know man.. I have been saying this the whole time. It is impossible to truly *feel* an emotion you have never felt before. That doesn't mean that it is impossible to know that it exists. In your example - yes, there is no way for you to know what hydrophobia feels like, but you know that it exists.
Well.. when I was a christian, I was pretty sure I felt.. something. And even if I hadn't, I am not arguing this point - I agree with you that god belief exists and that those afflicted (jk, jk) with it feel god with total conviction. All that proves is that people believe in god though. I'm sure many people believed in zeus. Are we to take the strength of their convictions as proof of his existence?
ALRIGHT!

Chess, checkers, pac-man?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635486 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh
I know, I feel the same way.

But you know what? At least you and I haven't resorted to calling each other names and putting each other down. That's gotta account for something, man.

Location hidden

#635487 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read?? I already said that when I said that, it was a PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENT, anyway.
Yes Dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 568,485
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 12 min Tell it like it is 538
Scientific proof for God's existence 15 min eyeful 624
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min trifecta1 607,256
Where do you get your news? Todd Charske (Jan '09) 46 min Todd Charske 9
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 267,560
The movements of O.J. Simpson on the night of J... 1 hr Senecus 10
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 13 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web