“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#635914 Jul 3, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac!
Yo, Skitz!

I don't often do it, but I'm in a fundie-prodding mood today.
And yesterday.
And the day before.

Childish of me, I know, but hey.

How you doing?

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#635915 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant atheists try to apply the term 'magic' to God in an attempt to humanize Him and make the idea of God seem foolish. It's much like an ignorant creationist saying "fish grew legs" to stupidly evolution.
You writing "The only way to defy those laws is by magic" just proves my point.
E=MC^2 applies to the natural. In what way can it apply to the supernatural?
Just because you don’t understand the fundamental laws of physics is not my problem

E=MC^2 applies to this universe, full stop. The supernatural does not exist outside your mind, the million dollar bet has gone unclaimed

But hey how’ about you buying my new book entitled “scientific proof of the supernatural and the similarities between jesus and spiderman." It’s a snip at only £2500.00 a copy

The Borderland of Sol

#635916 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant atheists try to apply the term 'magic' to God in an attempt to humanize Him and make the idea of God seem foolish. It's much like an ignorant creationist saying "fish grew legs" to stupidly evolution.
You writing "The only way to defy those laws is by magic" just proves my point.
E=MC^2 applies to the natural. In what way can it apply to the supernatural?
"Supernatural" = "Magic".

The Borderland of Sol

#635917 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand them both.
And I remain skeptical.
Go figure.
Sorry, in this case skepticism indicates ignorance.

You only think you know what they mean.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#635918 Jul 3, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>This is all excellent data and I truly commend and respect the scientists who figured all of this out. it's truly amazing. However, they still are basing this all on the assumption that the conditions of the atmosphere were the same thousands of years ago as they are today. How can we assume to know this if we don't even know what truly happened in the beginning?
Ice cores.

And the atmospheres were not the same.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#635919 Jul 3, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>To be completely honest, I don't know a heck of a lot about the Cambrian period....I only posted this article to show that scientists today are realizing that things they once thought true...probably aren't. This article brings about a lot of unanswered questions...and that's my whole point. To say science has it all figured out beyond a shadow of doubt is truly to kid yourself.
Nobody is saying that.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#635920 Jul 3, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>No there is definitely reasonable doubt....And a lot of people doubt
Only religiously indoctrinated people.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#635921 Jul 3, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch!
How's you bud?
Skitz!! My brotha from anotha motha!

How's you?

#635922 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude man shit.
What're ya doin with a phone whilst operating a loader?!
Didnt have the phone with. Wanted toncheck if the mechanics did a good job on that loader. Turns out they didnt. Had a disagreement with Mother Earth... She won

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#635923 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Discovering evidence of a murder is not akin to discovering evidence of something that supposedly happened over 13 billion years ago.
It IS the going guess, I mean theory. But it isn't a fact.
So you think this indicates that there's still hope for a god?

Never mind. I had forgotten about your personal relationship with the dude. Tell him hi for me.

#635924 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Discovering evidence of a murder is not akin to discovering evidence of something that supposedly happened over 13 billion years ago.
It IS the going guess, I mean theory. But it isn't a fact.
Why not? Methodoly is the same. Observe and conclude

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#635925 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the Bible never claims that God can do anything, the Bible makes a point that there are things that God cannot do.
Secondly, the Bible never refers to God as omnipotent, but "almighty" or "all things are possible".
Don't be a typical atheist and distort the biblical definition of omnipotence in order to "prove" that God cannot exist. Omnipotence does not include the ability to do things that are impossible.
Firstly

The babble claims your god can do lots of things, murder children and commit genocide and do magic like turning a woman into a pillar of salt without the aid of a supernova anywhere in the vicinity and flood the earth nine km deep with magic water that he magic’s from nothing then magic’s away again and he leaves no evidence. That’s magic.

Secondly

KJV revelation 19:6

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

I see you are lying again

Why I this I wonder?

The definition of omnipotence is of infinite power, just because you mind is putting limits on that definition is no ones fault but your own

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#635926 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Do you admit that it is still speculation?
Multiple universes?

Yes. As are parallel universes, cycling universes, and all the other speculations that make for good science fiction that could one day become science fact.

#635927 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>There was a movie?
(sowwy)
Omgg.

Yes, a movie. A damn fine one!

The Borderland of Sol

#635928 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt have the phone with. Wanted toncheck if the mechanics did a good job on that loader. Turns out they didnt. Had a disagreement with Mother Earth... She won
"Planets suck."

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#635929 Jul 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft. Quibbling.
The Greek "naós" could as easily be translated as "church". Or "temple" or "fane" or "holy place". A difference that makes no difference.
Are you under the impression that all religions MUST be organized the way yours is? How small-minded. I've already pointed out that worship of, and writings about, Zeus have analagous equivanents.
And the Greek and Roman religions were, actually, quite organized.
Again, you should look this stuff up FIRST.
(You are aware, of course, that Olympia is a place name? It's where "Olympic Games" comes from.)
Careful, mac.

RR will google, and on return will say "Ya, everybody knows it's in Washington state."

He might also throw in an "imagine that," or a "go," or ask for evidence, or make some smarmy comment he thinks is cute.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#635930 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I have to go work now too. Be back tonight.
It seems you are under the impression that we have created artificial life or something. Or that we have figured out something definitive about abiogenesis. We have not done either. I explained the Craig Ventor Inc thing a bunch of times in the past. He injected a synthetic strand of DNA into an *already living* cell. That's not creating artificial life. And in order to make a strand of artificial DNA in the first place one had to, in the beginning, use things only nature could provide. Man could not create the first chirally pure chemical compounds without the help of chirally pure organic solvents only found in nature. I know because chemistry was my bag.
And what have they got on abiogenesis? Have they demonstrated a system that replicates spontaneously with increasing *specificity*? Or does it repeat the same replication? And who is feeding monomers to the replicating system? IOW where would nature get its never ending supply of monomers in order to keep replicating even if it could replicate spontaneously with increasing specificity. No one has shown this. No one.
Someone is at the cusp of creating the first official artificial life form. This is not by any used parts.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/09/bio...

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635932 Jul 3, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>How can there be a judgement on something that is so mysterious? All you have is association.
Identifying a process is infinitely easier than duplicating it.
It is within that process that all the evidence resides, whether mysterious or not is besides the point.
You can look at a complex machine , and tell how it was assembled without knowing how to fabricate it's working parts .

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635933 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever turns you on

Oh goody, I'll be right over.. hehehe

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#635934 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the Bible never claims that God can do anything, the Bible makes a point that there are things that God cannot do.
Secondly, the Bible never refers to God as omnipotent, but "almighty" or "all things are possible".
Don't be a typical atheist and distort the biblical definition of omnipotence in order to "prove" that God cannot exist. Omnipotence does not include the ability to do things that are impossible.
I'm not trying to be too typical. To be honest I'm not sure I'm classed as a stanch atheist. However "All things possible" needs clarifying surely? You said he couldn't make a triangle a sphere yet you said he may live outside of the laws of physics. I just wondered how far that went, because by what you are saying it suggests he is indeed bound by physics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min EditorAtLarge 59,652
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Crazy Horse 619,877
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 9 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 10 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web