Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, ya, ya....
And plenty of ex-atheists have felt God and are now Christian. So what were they feeling? Doing it right I guess?
Not the same. You're pulling a one true scotsman fallacy. When *you* feel god, you really feel him, and it leaves no doubt in your mind regarding his existence - furthermore, you assert that if only I could feel him as you do, I would believe. Other people have felt him too, and then lost their faith. This begs the question - what of these people who have felt him, truly, and do no longer? Going from atheism to christianity does not beg the same question, because no one makes any divine claims about feeling atheism.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
They cant understand that.:/ I've been trying to explain that to these dumb a sses for the past 3 hours. Will be time for me to go to work soon. A job that makes me inferior to Double Tard.
I'm so hurt... ;'(
I didn't demean your job dearie. It is a means to an end, and in this day and age, any job that is paying is worth doing.

But what I am against, is you schooling people on what science is and should be. You talking about quantum physics without even having mastered Newtonian physics is laughable.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, THAT does not make me better than you. What does make me better, is I can respect another's viewpoint, without resorting to insults, I can disagree and keep it humane. And when talking to someone with a broader knowledge than my own, I listen, I ask questions. I try and learn
You never respected mine, so why should I respect yours?:)

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, THAT does not make me better than you. What does make me better, is I can respect another's viewpoint, without resorting to insults, I can disagree and keep it humane. And when talking to someone with a broader knowledge than my own, I listen, I ask questions. I try and learn
And stop acting like you can be my sage or something. Keep your atheist hogwash to yourself. I dont want to think like an atheist.:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright then, quit f_ckin around. Demonstrate jealousy for me.
(Remember that in this exercise I've never experienced jealousy so I'm skeptical of its existence)
Make me a believer, you said it can be demonstrated.
Demonstrate away.
Do I need to link you to self reports of people describing jealousy? Do I need to link to descriptions of what exactly goes on in the brain and the body when experiencing it? Examples of people behaving jealousy?
Or will you accept that these things do exist, and that they prove that there exists an emotion we call jealousy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I already corrected my own grammar mistake with Double Tard.
Got your little ego stroke? Good. Now go find something else pathetic to do.
That.. wasn't a grammar mistake. What?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is when it becomes a philosophy, a kneejerk reaction, and just being contrary to be contrary.
I highly doubt she thought about that when she said it.

But you raised a good point. Just how skeptical is too skeptical? Is there such a thing?

I believe so. To be skeptical to the very end, means that one would never believe anything anyone says, unless he has proven it himself. Is that multivitamin good for you? Is that new mouthwash really better than the old one? Sometimes, we'll just never know, but we use it.

Will that woman really make you happy? If you were a fanatical skeptic, you'll just never get married.

And to say "Oh it's a belief, thus its probably dumb", would be a misuse of the characteristic of being skeptical. That's more of an emotional skepticism.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is possible, of course.
But it is also possible that some people simply lack the ability of faith that is needed to find God.
Some people lack the ability to love, and that is evidenced in their life. One poster here, Koder, is a good example of that. She has absolutely no desire for affection, love, romance or sex. She just can't do it. So take that person's lack of ability and change the word from "love" to "God"...
I believe that God exists. I have had prayers answered and I have felt His touch.
I dont know about KittenKoder's attitude toward love and affection. I am sure she loves her pets and her family. But I do not want to say too much about her feelings, for they are her own.

Now just like you have felt a god,I have also been in churches, prayed, sang... And nada. No feeling. No intervention. I tried my best. Went through hell as a child. Yet, no god came to claim me.

Still, I believed. Until one day, I.started asking but why? And from that day, I am free

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They say they hold that opinion because of a lack of scientific evidence.
What they don't understand is that something spiritual, by it's nature, is non-scientific and will have no evidence. At least with today's scientific technology.
This is why I try to make the analogies about emotions to them. Emotions cannot be scientifically proven. By their standards, emotions should not exist....
No, RR, for the love of all that is holy, please stop... I am going to break my computer screen if I have to read you say this again. Please, please stop. Qualia cannot be scientifically qualified. I really think this is why you're confused. You have the concept of qualia tied up inextricably to the concept of emotion. They are very closely related, but not the same thing. The personal experience of an emotion cannot be qualified, but the fact that emotion itself exists can and is already proven.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao skepticism is blind. If you know, then you wont need to ask questions.
And the other reason I brought up the fact you disrespected theism, is to also point out how you therefore disrespected Al's and Truth's beliefs. Yet you're supposed to be respecting theirs, after what you just said.
I've grown weary with you.
Go chase your tail with someone else little doggy.:)
I am sure True Truth and Al are going to have a sleepless night tonight, me having disrespected the practice of theism.

Really? You are down to stulid arguments like these?

The only reason you grow weary, is because you have been humiliated.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not the same. You're pulling a one true scotsman fallacy. When *you* feel god, you really feel him, and it leaves no doubt in your mind regarding his existence - furthermore, you assert that if only I could feel him as you do, I would believe. Other people have felt him too, and then lost their faith. This begs the question - what of these people who have felt him, truly, and do no longer? Going from atheism to christianity does not beg the same question, because no one makes any divine claims about feeling atheism.
There is nothing divine about atheism, that's why.

Are there people that have "felt him, truly" and do no longer?

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't demean your job dearie. It is a means to an end, and in this day and age, any job that is paying is worth doing.
But what I am against, is you schooling people on what science is and should be. You talking about quantum physics without even having mastered Newtonian physics is laughable.
I never tried to school anyone on what science is or should be. The reason why this dumb quarrel started is because YOU people misinterpreted what I said about the mind being quantum. It was more of a philosophical statement, anyway. And then you and the rest of your ilk jumped on me and implied i was stupid, and I went off. I may look sweet and innocent on the outside, but I dont like to take bull from nobody. When I said quantum mind I was also referring to something I studied online about "quantum consciousness", hypothesis proposes that classical mechanics cannot explain consciousness, while quantum mechanical phenomena, such as quantum entanglement and superposition, may play an important part in the brain's function, and could form the basis of an explanation of consciousness.

Speaking of physics. I'd like to see you prove "God" doesnt exist with physics.

Go.:P

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
Think of Angelina Jolie and all the things you would like to do to her....
Now, picture Brad Pitt doing them.
... QED :)
Ah. Elegant.

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That.. wasn't a grammar mistake. What?
Lol whatever you call it. It was a mistake. And i corrected myself.:P

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't implying THAT post was mine, idiot. I posted things from both MY blog and Theosophist blogs on here. So therefore your assumptions are inaccuracte.
Are YOU unhappy about something? You remind me of some miserable pimply faced nerdy teen fag who got picked on in high school. Whatever the f uck you're going through, it isnt my fault. FInd a shrink to b itch at.:)
I've brought up many good Theosophical and philosophical topics to discuss from both my own blog and other's blogs, you did nothing but "refute" them with your b itching and so-called "insults". Where ever my posts came from, your dumb a ss failed to refute them. You just BAAAAAAAW when your foot gets put in your mouth. LIke alot of atheists do.
"I'm right and superior to you, because I dont believe in magical fairies, even though I have no proof they dont exist, yet I still believe they dont exist. Though I believe they dont, dont go calling my atheism a religion ARRRRG"---a confused atheist.:P
Take a few deep breaths, dude.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do I need to link you to self reports of people describing jealousy? Do I need to link to descriptions of what exactly goes on in the brain and the body when experiencing it? Examples of people behaving jealousy?
Or will you accept that these things do exist, and that they prove that there exists an emotion we call jealousy?
That's your demonstration?

hmmm...

Would it help you if I:

Do I need to link you to self reports of people describing God? Do I need to link to descriptions of what exactly goes on in the brain and the body when experiencing Him?
Or will you accept that He does exist, and that they prove that there exists an deity we call God?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shit, man...
&*$&^(*(&%($#)))_* $
Now I kinda wanna get in the middle and see what happens...
You... would like to be... in the middle?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shit, man...
&*$&^(*(&%($#)))_* $
Now I kinda wanna get in the middle and see what happens...
O.O

Get in the middle? Err, hehehehe. I uhm, didn't know you liked parties like that?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
But you raised a good point. Just how skeptical is too skeptical? Is there such a thing?
I believe so. To be skeptical to the very end, means that one would never believe anything anyone says, unless he has proven it himself. Is that multivitamin good for you? Is that new mouthwash really better than the old one? Sometimes, we'll just never know, but we use it.
Will that woman really make you happy? If you were a fanatical skeptic, you'll just never get married.
And to say "Oh it's a belief, thus its probably dumb", would be a misuse of the characteristic of being skeptical. That's more of an emotional skepticism.
These "skeptics" on here are too passionate in their non-beliefs to be "skeptics".

Skepticism is doubt, not actively denying.

Anaheim, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you're right there's different types of skepticism. I meant that atheists are blind skeptics. Almost everything they talk about is "backed up" by speculation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 603,101 - 603,120 of716,770
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

348 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 min hemanth hemanthsahitya 458
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min River Tam 223,219
Steve Bridges 15 yr. sentence for the murder of... (Apr '08) 9 min Brittney Carey Bridges 34
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min petesake kis 114,654
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min Student 38,407
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 34 min MUQ1 36,414
Choi game mien phi (Sep '12) 41 min hoang dat 136 21
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••