Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you lack the intellectual capacity to recognize rational people, which is why you'll waste away your worthless life as a retarded and revolting redneck with absolutely no socially redeemable qualities.
What a predictable bore.
waaaz up

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of scientific proof for the existence of emotions and jealousy specifically.
None for god. Plenty for god belief.
None for the jealousy demon. Plenty for jealousy.
Tell me, how can science study or provide evidence of a supernatural being?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
Parts is parts.

It all came out of the same firmaments and dust. Some parts can be utilized in several designs. It's all in how you assemble the final product.

Timmy has peanut butter between his ears.

Ugh! But that don't smell like peanut butter. Just looked like it.

“I'm not Religious ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
"I Don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God
has a sick sense of humor and when I die I expect to hear him Laughing...."
-

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. You're too kind.
It is a fact that most people are traditional and timid. Many, if not most theists, believe simply because they are in that culture and family tradition of belief. "You listen to your parents and your elders. They know much more than you!". They fear a contrary truth that negates what their parents taught and what they've believed for years and years.
I'm quite a solid muslim, but there is a lot of rubbish that my parents and grandparents believe that I don't believe. It has been shocking throughout the years to uncover certain "Islamic" things that have absolutely no connection with Muhammed and the Quran.
I think it is largely circumstantial that atheists are reported to have a higher IQ. I'd say that theists and atheists alike, are split into two groups. Those who choose their belief/disbelief, and those who merely follow. Atheists outside of the soviet union have a higher proportion of those who chose to disbelieve. Theists have a lower proportion of those who chose to believe over those who follow. The ones who chose, are likely the ones with the higher IQ.
In a group of 10 atheists, perhaps 6 to 8 of them would've chose their disbelief. But in a group of 10 theists, perhaps 1 or 2 chose their belief. The group that has the largest followers and least chosers, would have the lower IQ.
To what degree are theists truly capable of choosing? You definitely seem to have thought deeply about your belief, but you were born to muslim parents, and now you are a muslim. And even if you turned out to be a christian, I'm not so sure it could truly be called a choice, because society seems to tell us that a belief in a god, any god, is better than none.

This obviously gets into questions about our true degree of free will, and you could counter by saying that I did not truly choose to become an atheist - my point is simply that the only way someone could truly say they chose their god belief would be if they had been raised in a society free from god belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Since all of you refuse to answer, I'll ask again.
Do you think DNA was nonexistent before science discovered it?
(PS: I don't expect an answer, just another dodge)
How long did it take us to find dna after it's existence was postulated?

How long have we been looking for god since his existence was postulated?

Your question is meaningless. No one is saying that there is no evidence therefore god doesn't exist - just that there is no evidence therefore there is no reason to believe. And that maybe the lack of evidence is getting slightly suspicious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to rational people every day. Unfortunately for you,you don' meet the standard
Sean Hannity? Bill?

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"I Don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God
has a sick sense of humor and when I die I expect to hear him Laughing...."
-
Oh man, Depress Mood?

I gotta go.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>To what degree are theists truly capable of choosing? You definitely seem to have thought deeply about your belief, but you were born to muslim parents, and now you are a muslim. And even if you turned out to be a christian, I'm not so sure it could truly be called a choice, because society seems to tell us that a belief in a god, any god, is better than none.
This obviously gets into questions about our true degree of free will, and you could counter by saying that I did not truly choose to become an atheist - my point is simply that the only way someone could truly say they chose their god belief would be if they had been raised in a society free from god belief.
http://hollowverse.com/vladimir-putin/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy, you're not understanding mine. You refuse to. It might crack that fragile belief system of yours.
You aren't making a logical or even sensible argument. I am not even truly making an argument - I am making an intentionally stupid one in an apparently futile attempt to show you what you're doing wrong.

I will try one more time.

Jealousy is proof of jealousy.
God belief is proof of god belief.

God belief is not proof of god.
Jealousy is not proof of the jealousy demon.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How long did it take us to find dna after it's existence was postulated?
How long have we been looking for god since his existence was postulated?
Your question is meaningless. No one is saying that there is no evidence therefore god doesn't exist - just that there is no evidence therefore there is no reason to believe. And that maybe the lack of evidence is getting slightly suspicious.
No it isn't meaningless. Well, maybe to you it is, but that's only because you've vested so much in to believing that God isn't real.

DNA is a physical thing that I believe God used as a building block to form all life in earth.

DNA is quantifiable science.

Now.

God isn't.

Yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotions are outside the realm of science. If you can't quantify or prove something, but are somehow experiencing it anyway, it falls right into the realm of the subjective.
Your feeling of jealousy is undoubtedly different than mine, no?
In turn, my experiences with God are different than yours - you claimed to have had none.
*just like* trying to convince a child(or anyone that's never experienced it) what jealousy is all about, how it manifests, how it feels & how to try to control it.
No, emotions are not outside the realm of science.*Qualia* is outside of the realm of science currently. The existence of emotions in and of themselves is not in question and perfectly within the grasp of science.

This is what is confusing you - you are confusing qualia with the simple existence of emotional states. We can all agree and scientifically confirm that we experience emotions - what we cannot do is qualify exactly what those emotions feel like to each individual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
So your god is a troll?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't meaningless. Well, maybe to you it is, but that's only because you've vested so much in to believing that God isn't real.
DNA is a physical thing that I believe God used as a building block to form all life in earth.
DNA is quantifiable science.
Now.
God isn't.
Yet.
Did you not read my post? I said that the lack of evidence is reason not to believe, not that the lack of evidence is proof of nonexistence.

And now god is potentially quantifiable? I thought he was outside of our realm and that he intentionally trolled our attempts to measure him - you know, by tooling around with prayer studies and such. "Ha! Pray to me for a scientific experiment! Post surgical complications for you!"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have banana dna in your body RR. Banana. Why would a loving god do that?
He knows RR is bananas.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, emotions are not outside the realm of science.*Qualia* is outside of the realm of science currently. The existence of emotions in and of themselves is not in question and perfectly within the grasp of science.
This is what is confusing you - you are confusing qualia with the simple existence of emotional states. We can all agree and scientifically confirm that we experience emotions - what we cannot do is qualify exactly what those emotions feel like to each individual.
Same thing, man.

My experience with God is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

My qualia with God is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

My experience of jealous is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

My qualia of jealousy is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

You're just mincing words now.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy, you're not understanding mine. You refuse to. It might crack that fragile belief system of yours.
He doesn't understand it because it makes no sense.

One does not need to have experienced jealousy to know that jealousy exists.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not read my post? I said that the lack of evidence is reason not to believe, not that the lack of evidence is proof of nonexistence.
And now god is potentially quantifiable? I thought he was outside of our realm and that he intentionally trolled our attempts to measure him - you know, by tooling around with prayer studies and such. "Ha! Pray to me for a scientific experiment! Post surgical complications for you!"
I've always stated that God is outside of our **current** realm of science.

Just like human flight was a century ago. And DNA a century before that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not.
That whole fragile belief thing of yours.
You're projecting.

In Imax.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows RR is bananas.
Dude....

You gotta stop obsessing over my banana.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 603,061 - 603,080 of680,137
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min number four 216,894
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min danetoo 109,568
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 36 min alisha24 249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min pusherman_ 596,526
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 42 min NUTS AMERICA 37,859
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 43 min Hitesrunprincess 52,509
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 512,090
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 89,564
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••