Prove there's a god.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#635853 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
Nice, i wonder where time and environment come from. they created themselves right? hehe
<quoted text>
Time, unknown, but you are free to say d’oh, I don know so I guess goddidit

Environment, just sheer luck that the ball of rock was in the right place.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635854 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you were a kid, you wore Superman underwear.
When Superman was a kid, he wore Chuck Norris underwear.
When Chuck Norris does push ups, he doesn't push himself up....
He pushes the earth down.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635855 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Zeus was a god of the ancients, but there are historical texts about him. Same as your god. Some of hese historic texts were translated, of course.
They are not the same, not at all.

And everything that's been found has been translated.
But all mythologies look silly to those on the outside. God has a 'son'. Mary was its 'earth mom', but who was its real mother? And explain the Trinity? God sends himself to earth, to kill himself, to erase the sins of mankind (whom he hath created), to to into hell and fight the Lord Satan (whom he also hath createth). Comes back to life, goes back up to heaven to visit himself , and then goes down again and suddenly people speak many different languages?
There's that 2nd grade mentality. It inevitably flares up from time to time.

To put it in perspective for you:

Evolution is just the nonsense that nothing turned nothing into something that became a fish that magically grew legs and started walking on land...

“Be strong ...”

#635856 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one of my all-time favourtie movie quotes. "The answer to everything is...42"
The whole sort of general mishmash

“Be strong ...”

#635857 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that he's wrong.
You believe him, Creationist.
Been here before, I have made no mention of believing him, that’s simply your own godbot delusion. Thought up because you have nothing else and you hope it would unsettle me. Wrong…

What I have said is that is WHAT IT SAYS IN THE BABBLE.

That is what a christian bishop says,

It is not what I say or believe

Nor is it what you say or believe

But what can be calculated given the genealogy written down in the babble, that book you revere as being beyond doubt, the book that you are willing to lie for and lie about.

And it really does not matter whether you believe him to be wrong or not.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#635858 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've disproven nothing, DF. You've just parroted atheists.
Careful with the quote marks, you make it hard to respond when its all quoted text, bearing in mind I am on a smartphone app and not laptop. I will try to remember points as best I can

1. Satan was not disproven. But Genesis claims a talking snake. They do not exist.
2. Mankind evolved from ape-like ancestors. We have fossil evidence, DNA evidence, RNA evidence, anatomical evidence to back this up. Deity or not, mankind did not just begin to exist at thedrop of a hat
3. The moon is not a 'light'. It is a rock, illuminated by the sun. You do not call a mirror reflecting light a light, nkr do you call the moon one.
4. An entire human being cannot be constructed from one set of ribs.
5. Plants cannot live without the sun. It is impossible that plants can live and grow without sunlight
6. The Genesis account speaks of light that darkness that alternated as day and night, before the sun existed. There is no other light source within 4 light years that is able to create this effect.
7. Noah's flood - thoroughly busted. No peer reviewed geologic evidence suggests such a flood. The bast you can do, is ammend it to a 'giant local flood'. Yet, the Bible, and Hebrew texts, speak of the whole world being submersed in water. Absolutely zero evidence supports this. And many fields (such as population geography and DNA bottlenecking), contradicts it

Since: May 12

Accra, Ghana

#635859 Jul 3, 2013
So how do you believe in something that is unknown to you. I also wonder where that ball of rock came from. If someone travels across the desert all alone and decides to have a nap, then wakes up and finds a table full of food and drinks, wouldn’t he, before eating anything from that table, ask himself who brought this food here? How, then, can anyone ignore the same question about the whole universe that was so well prepared for us before we were born? The Sun, the moon, the stars, etc. Everything in it is so well organized and follows a very specific order? Is it logical that there is no Creator for all of this?! Are these so well-established laws were created by mere chance.We believe in electricity, but do we see it with our own naked eyes? Let’s assume, for argument’s sake, that we are in a place where the lights are on, and the fan is working; if someone comes and asks: where is this electricity? We might answer: it’s in those covered wires. If he removes the cover on the wires, would he see that electricity? If he tries to touch those bare wires, what would happen to him.We know what a scientific revolution this technology has created including satellites, computers, communication, internet… etc, but do we actually see these electrons?
Do we see gravity? Magnetic force? Do we see X-ray or laser or ultrasounds? Or did we know and learn about these things by their Effect?Our senses which God created are not prepared to understand all the creatures, then how to realize their creator? Allah says:[6:103](Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Time, unknown, but you are free to say d’oh, I don know so I guess goddidit
Environment, just sheer luck that the ball of rock was in the right place.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635860 Jul 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When Chuck Norris does push ups, he doesn't push himself up....
He pushes the earth down.
HA HA!!!!

#635861 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there, cowboy.
Choose:
You believe there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.
You know there was no life 13.7 billion years ago.
Be very careful with your answer......
We know no life existed in THIS universe

“Be strong ...”

#635862 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not the same, not at all.
And everything that's been found has been translated.
<quoted text>
There's that 2nd grade mentality. It inevitably flares up from time to time.
To put it in perspective for you:
Evolution is just the nonsense that nothing turned nothing into something that became a fish that magically grew legs and started walking on land...
KJV genesis 1:2, And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Bit of a contradiction there void? waters?

Void, Noun, A completely empty space.

So what you are saying is that it’s ok for god to do by magic out of nothing it but not for the laws of physics to do it out of chemicals and environment and time.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635863 Jul 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before, I have made no mention of believing him, that’s simply your own godbot delusion. Thought up because you have nothing else and you hope it would unsettle me. Wrong…
What I have said is that is WHAT IT SAYS IN THE BABBLE.
That is what a christian bishop says,
It is not what I say or believe
Nor is it what you say or believe
But what can be calculated given the genealogy written down in the babble, that book you revere as being beyond doubt, the book that you are willing to lie for and lie about.
And it really does not matter whether you believe him to be wrong or not.
It's what -----> A <------ bishop believes.

It's what Creationists believe.

It's what you defend.

Don't feel bad.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635864 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, they wanted to put Chuck Norris's face on Mount Rushmore, as a thank you for everything he has done.
Turns out the granite in the mountain is too soft to represent his beard...
When Alexander Bell created the telephone, he had three missed calls from Chuck Norris.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635865 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When Alexander Bell created the telephone, he had three missed calls from Chuck Norris.
Indian reincarnation of Chuck Norris:

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635866 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful with the quote marks, you make it hard to respond when its all quoted text, bearing in mind I am on a smartphone app and not laptop. I will try to remember points as best I can
1. Satan was not disproven. But Genesis claims a talking snake. They do not exist.
2. Mankind evolved from ape-like ancestors. We have fossil evidence, DNA evidence, RNA evidence, anatomical evidence to back this up. Deity or not, mankind did not just begin to exist at thedrop of a hat
3. The moon is not a 'light'. It is a rock, illuminated by the sun. You do not call a mirror reflecting light a light, nkr do you call the moon one.
4. An entire human being cannot be constructed from one set of ribs.
5. Plants cannot live without the sun. It is impossible that plants can live and grow without sunlight
6. The Genesis account speaks of light that darkness that alternated as day and night, before the sun existed. There is no other light source within 4 light years that is able to create this effect.
7. Noah's flood - thoroughly busted. No peer reviewed geologic evidence suggests such a flood. The bast you can do, is ammend it to a 'giant local flood'. Yet, the Bible, and Hebrew texts, speak of the whole world being submersed in water. Absolutely zero evidence supports this. And many fields (such as population geography and DNA bottlenecking), contradicts it
1. It wasn't a snake, it was satan in the for of a snake.

2. The first man could've been Adam. That is not disproven.

3. The moon is a source of light, no?

4. Maybe not by our standards. But to claim that science has disproven whatGod can do is crazy talk.

5. What are you getting at? Light was created before vegetation, in Genesis.

6. No source that you know of. That's what you consider "disproven"? Ever consider that a being such as God could make light come from anywhere?

7. There is much evidence to support the great flood. It's a shame you've chosen to ignore it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635868 Jul 3, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
We know no life existed in THIS universe
We do?!

13.7 billion years ago??!?!

How's that possible? All we have is guesses, conjecture and assumptions.

We don't "know" shit about 13.7 billion years ago.

You claim to only believe in evidence that is repeatable. Has anyone ever been able to reproduce the Big Bang?

#635869 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck Norris can lick his elbows

#635870 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It wasn't a snake, it was satan in the for of a snake.
2. The first man could've been Adam. That is not disproven.
3. The moon is a source of light, no?
4. Maybe not by our standards. But to claim that science has disproven whatGod can do is crazy talk.
5. What are you getting at? Light was created before vegetation, in Genesis.
6. No source that you know of. That's what you consider "disproven"? Ever consider that a being such as God could make light come from anywhere?
7. There is much evidence to support the great flood. It's a shame you've chosen to ignore it.
1. The Bible says snake.
2. First man could have been John, James or Jimmy. He did not appear at the drop of a hat. He was born from a mother and father.
3. A source of light, yes, but not a direct source. It is described in Genesis like someone not having an idea what the moon really is.
4. By our standards? Creating a person from a rib is impossible. By any standards.
5. Light was created, but not the sun. If no sun, how come the light?
6. No source we know of? Giant light sources do not exactly poif in and out of existence
7. No, there is not. There is plenty of evidence CLAIMED to support a global flood, but it has been thoroughly debunked. There is absolutely no proof in the geologic strata for a world wide flood, at any time in the last few hundred million years. Furthermore. DNA evidence does not suggest a comprehensive species bottlenecking in the past few million years. Then, most damningly, written records at the suggested time of the Genesis flood suggest by other civilisations show that there were cultures before and after being flooded. Finally, for every predator, to sustain itself, a prey population of 200 animals are needed for the environment to be in balance. The "two by two" would never work. Lion gets introduced in Africa, kills one gazelle. Gazelle becomes extinct (breeding pair split up). Then logic... On the ark was 8 people. How did the animals eat? Where did they poop? How were the cages kept hygienic? A modern zoo requires hundreds of people and have far less animals than the Noah's ark fable

“Be strong ...”

#635871 Jul 3, 2013
undercontrolgh wrote:
So how do you believe in something that is unknown to you. I also wonder where that ball of rock came from. If someone travels across the desert all alone and decides to have a nap, then wakes up and finds a table full of food and drinks, wouldn’t he, before eating anything from that table, ask himself who brought this food here? How, then, can anyone ignore the same question about the whole universe that was so well prepared for us before we were born? The Sun, the moon, the stars, etc. Everything in it is so well organized and follows a very specific order? Is it logical that there is no Creator for all of this?! Are these so well-established laws were created by mere chance.We believe in electricity, but do we see it with our own naked eyes? Let’s assume, for argument’s sake, that we are in a place where the lights are on, and the fan is working; if someone comes and asks: where is this electricity? We might answer: it’s in those covered wires. If he removes the cover on the wires, would he see that electricity? If he tries to touch those bare wires, what would happen to him.We know what a scientific revolution this technology has created including satellites, computers, communication, internet… etc, but do we actually see these electrons?
Do we see gravity? Magnetic force? Do we see X-ray or laser or ultrasounds? Or did we know and learn about these things by their Effect?Our senses which God created are not prepared to understand all the creatures, then how to realize their creator? Allah says:[6:103](Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted
<quoted text>
The passage of time exists, I know this because I can see the second hand of my watch. Time can be measured to the accuracy of the frequency of a cesium atom or better. What is unknown is whether it existed prior to the BB event. It is not only me that does not know this, you don’t either but you can guess if that is you nature.

That ball of rock coalesced from dust and gas. That dust and gas was ejected by a 2nd generation star which in turn was the product of waste dust and gas from a 1st generation star which in turn was the product of the matter that coalesced from the energy of the BB event.

Irrelevant questions are irrelevant questions. Science knows from 10^-35th of a second after the event how the universe was formed. Before that no one knows, absolutely no one, not even you. It is a currently impossible concept to understand because the laws that define the way we think did not exist prior to that point. So what makes you think that some goat herder in the bronze age knew any better? There are however at least 27 theories of what could have happened before the event. Each and every one has merit given current knowledge. Not one of those theories includes goddidit by magic out of nothing.

The universe is not organised, it is chaotic. No one other than a deliberately ignorant godbot could say the universe is organised, You are travelling thought space at a colossal speed, as the earth spins you are moving at over 1000MPH, the earth goes round the sun at more than 66,000 miles per hour, the sun is moving around the galaxy at nearly half a million miles per hour and the galaxy is moving throughout the universe at over 2,237,000MPH. Each and every mass in that universe is effecting the motion of every other mass, the result is pure chaos, the only thing that has stopped (a recent) major catastrophe is the amount of space between those lumps of rock and metal. The earth has not always been so fortunate.

Science knows how and when those laws were created, no chance and no god involved

Yes electricity and electrons can be seen, and measured

Gravity can be measured as can the other forces you mention

#635872 Jul 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We do?!
13.7 billion years ago??!?!
How's that possible? All we have is guesses, conjecture and assumptions.
We don't "know" shit about 13.7 billion years ago.
You claim to only believe in evidence that is repeatable. Has anyone ever been able to reproduce the Big Bang?
The evidence for the BB is overwhelming.
sentil38

Batu Caves, Malaysia

#635873 Jul 3, 2013
if there's no God, who take your soul from your body

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Bonk 70,802
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Rosesz 699,257
I really wanna surprise my girlfriend. But how? 7 hr cameron67 1
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 8 hr lookforlove23 1
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 9 hr Ethan 34
Should I stop smoking for my gf? 9 hr smokerguy3 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Dang Jersey Piney 447,252