Is that Latin for wifebeater?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#635685 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A vacuum is something, not nothing.

How so? It has no gas or chemical content no element and does not consist of energy. simply the closest thing to nothing . In fact the reason it is a vacuum is because it contains no gas pressure like our compound gas atmosphere.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#635686 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you interested in philosophy? Would you care to get into the works of William Quan Judge, and Blavatsky? Visit: www.american-buddha.com
It could help you some.
Oh dammit I forgot Blavatsky's and William's works arent on there. Feel free to explore the site anyway. They have some mind-opening stuff on there.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635687 Jul 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That state has never been shown to create life.

What state? The state of confusion?
The state of infertility?
The state of she said no? lol

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635688 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Most of what you wrote I actually agree with (I read all your previous comments to me)...fair enough :)
BUT, I do disagree that "nothingness" would mean no gravity.
How can you possibly know that, when there's no way to measure "nothing"?
The bank has a way to measure it.
They can even give you a less than nothing statement. heheheh

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#635689 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text> "I NEVER thought I am no different than an atheist".
It should read like THIS if you're not a liar:
My REAL words: I never thought "I am no different then an atheist"!....AGAIN, the part in quotations were YOUR words. Not mine. That's why I put them in quotations, and that's the same reason you REMOVED the quotations.
It changes the entire context of my point :D
..and I know you know it :D
That's why you did it, liar.

P.S. why would you claim that I said I was "no different then an atheist" to begin with, when I never said that?

Not only did you LIE, you purposely distorted facts, and lied!

You seem like an icky extremely dishonest human being.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635690 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you interested in philosophy? Would you care to get into the works of William Quan Judge, and Blavatsky? Visit: www.american-buddha.com
It could help you some.
Sorry, but I am ignoring your posts from this point on.

I like to have GROWN UP, honest debates...and I can't have that with someone willing to distort facts, edit posts, and outright LIE to sooth their own ego.

I let it slip the first time you lied and twisted what I said.
I even let it slip when I called you out for lying, and your reply was to LIE again.

I have to draw the line when I have PROVEN you lied, you edited, and omitted facts (And anyone with a 3rd grade education can see you did that)...even after I gave you a chance to own up to what you did.

I am content to end this with you, on the basis I have WON the debate, because >I< used TRUTH, and you felt cornered...then resorted to lying. You really are not worthy of my time, to have a gown up debate...so don't waste your time posting to me anymore, because I will not read it :)
Liar

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635691 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The bank has a way to measure it.
They can even give you a less than nothing statement. heheheh
LOL, true!
....again, fair enough!
I think we are on the same page with most things here!

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#635692 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It means young dumb and horny.
Bongo

United States

#635693 Jul 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
no its left coast liberal for DORK

Anaheim, California

#635694 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>It should read like THIS if you're not a liar:
My REAL words: I never thought "I am no different then an atheist"!....AGAIN, the part in quotations were YOUR words. Not mine. That's why I put them in quotations, and that's the same reason you REMOVED the quotations.
It changes the entire context of my point :D
..and I know you know it :D
That's why you did it, liar.
P.S. why would you claim that I said I was "no different then an atheist" to begin with, when I never said that?
Not only did you LIE, you purposely distorted facts, and lied!
You seem like an icky extremely dishonest human being.
*Godzilla facepalms*(if Godzilla facepalms you, you know the fail is epic).

You dont HAVE to say you're no different than an atheist. Your torture of logic is self-evident of that. Go back and read my replies to you on why is this. I really don't have the energy to keep repeating myself .
Bongo

United States

#635695 Jul 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be very difficult for you, being so far above everybody else.
You bear your superiority so well.
batty, Nano is superlative and can be on top whenever she wishes.

Anaheim, California

#635696 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but I am ignoring your posts from this point on.
I like to have GROWN UP, honest debates...and I can't have that with someone willing to distort facts, edit posts, and outright LIE to sooth their own ego.
I let it slip the first time you lied and twisted what I said.
I even let it slip when I called you out for lying, and your reply was to LIE again.
I have to draw the line when I have PROVEN you lied, you edited, and omitted facts (And anyone with a 3rd grade education can see you did that)...even after I gave you a chance to own up to what you did.
I am content to end this with you, on the basis I have WON the debate, because >I< used TRUTH, and you felt cornered...then resorted to lying. You really are not worthy of my time, to have a gown up debate...so don't waste your time posting to me anymore, because I will not read it :)
Liar
Oh good you're going to ignore my posts? Thats good news!:)

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635697 Jul 2, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> no its left coast liberal for DORK
LOL!
waaaz up

London, KY

#635698 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Correct..I wrote that :)
<quoted text>I am 35 years old. I did "seek" it in my life. I even studied theology. I agree, ONLY God can give me proof...so why hasn't he?
GOD is the ONLY one who can give irrefutable proof...so why doesn't he?
I would much rather believe, and be easier to believe in God, and heaven, etc... What a wonderful thought that is! I WANT it to be true.
Well, sounds like maybe your motive could be the roadblock, so to speak. I mean, are you seeking God for only the purpose of "proving he exist", or our you wanting to know God as your "personal" Heavenly Father?

Many people are confused about the way to God. Some think they should make things right in their lives before they try to come to God. Some even think they can "work" there way to heaven..

Jesus Christ is the way and truth and life, HE is the way to God, of course you may disagree, along with many others, but if one wants to know God or come to him, they must do it on Gods terms. Others find it hard to understand how Jesus could love them when other people don't seem to. God DOES love you! More than you can ever imagine! And there's nothing you can do to make Him stop! According to the Bible, "we" anybody just cant come to know God, or choose to become a Christian whenever they choose.

The Bible says we are begotten by the "word" of God, God has to invite (draw) you to him, and Jesus is the only way to God.For you to come to God you have to get rid of your sin problem. But, in our own strength, not one of us can do this! You can't make yourself right with God by being a better person. Only God can rescue us from our sins. He is willing to do this not because of anything you can offer Him, but because he Loves you.

It's God's grace that allows you to come to Him - not your efforts to "clean up your life" or work your way to Heaven. You can't earn it. It's a free gift.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

For you to come to God, the penalty for your sin must be paid. God's gift to you is His son, Jesus, who paid the debt for you when He died on the Cross.

But common sense, logic, critical thinking, rational thought, and the mere fact that GOD itself doesn't care enough to make its agenda CLEAR to humanity proves otherwise.
<quoted text>That is NOT prof at ALL! NOt even close
Huh?

Ummm, you lost me there. The scripture was meant to let you know, that you " must first believe " HE is REAL, and HE is God.. Wasnt giving you proof, as you say....
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635699 Jul 2, 2013
scambuster wrote:
Funny thing is, that I chose this username when I was agnostic.
You choose scambuster as a username then got scammed. Religious indoctrination requires both ignorance and cowardice, which is why religious cults prey on young children and troubled adults. No rational person would mindlessly accept such complete and utter bullshit. Shame on you!

Anaheim, California

#635700 Jul 2, 2013
waaaz up wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sounds like maybe your motive could be the roadblock, so to speak. I mean, are you seeking God for only the purpose of "proving he exist", or our you wanting to know God as your "personal" Heavenly Father?
Many people are confused about the way to God. Some think they should make things right in their lives before they try to come to God. Some even think they can "work" there way to heaven..
Jesus Christ is the way and truth and life, HE is the way to God, of course you may disagree, along with many others, but if one wants to know God or come to him, they must do it on Gods terms. Others find it hard to understand how Jesus could love them when other people don't seem to. God DOES love you! More than you can ever imagine! And there's nothing you can do to make Him stop! According to the Bible, "we" anybody just cant come to know God, or choose to become a Christian whenever they choose.
The Bible says we are begotten by the "word" of God, God has to invite (draw) you to him, and Jesus is the only way to God.For you to come to God you have to get rid of your sin problem. But, in our own strength, not one of us can do this! You can't make yourself right with God by being a better person. Only God can rescue us from our sins. He is willing to do this not because of anything you can offer Him, but because he Loves you.
It's God's grace that allows you to come to Him - not your efforts to "clean up your life" or work your way to Heaven. You can't earn it. It's a free gift.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
For you to come to God, the penalty for your sin must be paid. God's gift to you is His son, Jesus, who paid the debt for you when He died on the Cross.
<quoted text>
Huh?
Ummm, you lost me there. The scripture was meant to let you know, that you " must first believe " HE is REAL, and HE is God.. Wasnt giving you proof, as you say....
She's just claiming to believe in the possibility of "God" so she wont go to "Hell". That's why she doesn't get my " agnostic are atheists with fire insurance" jokes. XD

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#635701 Jul 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You question the validity of the scientific method because of apologist websites which search for things to support their very narrow hypothesis and discard all confounding evidence? There isn't some vast conspiracy to turn us all to the devil - if real, actual scientists began to find that the world is secretly 10k years and and that evolution is a lie, there would be real, actual scientific work being done to confirm it. Such a paradigm shift would be difficult, but you can bet the scientist who "discovered" these things would win a nobel and go down in history. In short - there is no danger in getting your science from actual scientists. There is plenty of danger in getting your science from people who have one goal - to "prove" the existence of god and discredit "anti-god science."
So, you posted an article that you didn't agree with? We've already been over all this early man nonsense, a few months ago. The fact that dates change occasionally is not an indictment of the scientific method, it is a good thing. It is self correcting. There are no scientists who swear by the original date of a find because "god says so." If evidence shows the original idea to be wrong, it is changed. That's a good thing, don't you think?
The cambrian explosion is in no way indicative of "design" 500 mya. This is an example of creationists latching onto something they don't quite understand to use as "proof." First of all, it doesn't even make any sense. So god started the world, and then sat around for billions of years, only to then "seed" the earth with many lifeforms 500 mya? Furthermore, not all life is descended from creatures present after the cambrian explosion. Flowering plants evolved long after, as did many groups of animals, including mammals. If this was god's big bout of designing, why did he leave these things out? Also, the term "explosion" is meant relatively. It's not like one day we had nothing and then the next the earth was full of life. It took millions of years, and some say 50 million.
And there are many potential explanations for this event that do not evolve invoking a deity. An increase of predatory behavior could have spurred many creatures to evolve hard bodies, thereby leading to an over representation in the fossil record. More fossils, not necessarily more creatures. Or we might just be missing the evidence of complex life that led up to the cambrian because it were so tiny and therefore didn't leave behind any fossil evidence. Etc.
First, I don't question the validity of scientific methods because of apologists websites. to be honest, I rarely read them. Contrary to what you apparently believe, I actually have a mind of my own. As I stated earlier, I question everything...even what apologists sites say.
Next, I don't get my science from one side or the other. I try to be objective and look at both sides. That's really the most intelligent thing to do, in my opinion, because if you aren't willing to do that...you're simply biased and closed-minded.
Last, and again, I posted the article simply to show that there is good reason to question the validity of science...clearly, theories that have been thrown around and depicted as etched in stone truth, are being disproven by scientists who are pro-evolution...not creationists.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#635702 Jul 2, 2013
Pokay wrote:
So you'd rather believe that an unconscious thing (a molecule or group of them) was able to become "aware" then to believe that awareness was always in existence?
Rational adults don't have beliefs. We study science based in reality on observations and experiments. We understand the differences between hypotheses, theories and laws. I'd describe any proposed hypothesis involving eternal awareness as pseudoscience not based on an observation or experiment.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#635703 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sure it has sweety, it just hasn't been accepted by the religious who feel it conflicts with religious doctrine.
But it doesn't conflict with the idea of god.
What is does is conflict with the Jewish legend of mythical deity's and brainwash the sheeple, with one ring to rule them all.. fantasy book of jewish hogwash. The know how Jews get your money and wrote a book so they can have another book book.
How can you say it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that we evolved from something when we have no idea what the heck it was we supposedly evolved from....LOL...that's just beyond hilarious to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 39 min Drumpf Disaster 46,227
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Johnny 388
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 691,985
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,707
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 5 hr True Reporter 3
More from around the web