Prove there's a god.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#635535 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is not possible to prove he doesnt exist, how on Earth is it then possible to prove that he does?
Lol.:P
Think about what you typed for a second. How does one prove existence?

Think of something like Bigfoot. What would be proof enough to you that Bigfoot exists? Some country bumpkin saw it while drinking beer after beating his wife? Nah. Not proof. But suppose you find a carcass? Or a live animal? That is proof enough.

Now how about dinosaurs. Mankind did not knkw about these beasts until recently. Yet, we know they existed. How? Fossil evidence. We found bones (fossils are not technically bones, but that is another topic). We find a skeletal structure so completely different than anything that exist today. Radiometric dating puts it at say, 100 million years old. So we know that magnificent beasts roamed the earth long, long before we lever existed.

What shall it be for a deity? If it is a book god, test it to miracles that is aimed it has performed. Make a Christian prophet part the Red Sea, or something like that

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#635536 Jul 2, 2013
The definition of nothing as understood by the average person is just that..nothing. There is nothing tangible,visible or detectable.
The disingenuous claims some make that something came from nothing clearly engage in semantic chicanery.Nothing in the commonly understood definition and "nothing" in physics are two distinctly different definitions.Those with agendas beyond truth attempt to dupe the casual observer into believing the nothing from which something comes is the common definition of the word not the definition used in physics..

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#635538 Jul 2, 2013

Google Irminism? Lmao oh please you dont know where I got my knowledge of Irminism from, and it most certainly isnt Google.
Where you get your agnostic "wisdom" from? YouTube? Lol :P
Your post is a rant because you posted jumbled group of sentences that have nothing to do with Irminism. You dont know what it is, so stop making long boring paragraphs about something you know nothing about.
I never said praying to a "god" or "God" therefore makes them a "god" or "God". My point was that your deluded little brain cant see, is that they never BELIEVED them to actually exist like the Christians do. Unlike Christians, Irminists dont sit back and hope their "God" does something, they believe in action. And they saw their "gods" as metaphors. They didnt really believe the god Thor actually rode in a carriage across the sky to cause lightning with a real hammer. If you know so much about Irminism, I'd like to see you explain to me how the hell it's exactly like Christianity. I've been studying Germanic mythology and culture for years, thank you very much.
And no, I wasnt concluding that their "gods" were limited to representations of themselves. You obviously cant read, because you didnt see that I said they saw their "gods" as representations of events in the universe as well.
And dont use the word Irminist loosely by putting it in quotes and calling Irminists Pagans . "Pagan" is a stupid word xenophobic Christians gave to the villagers practicing Irminism in the countrysides, when the Christians brought their religion to the cities. "Pagan" is a Latin word for "villager"; from Late Latin paganus, from Latin, civilian, country dweller, from pagus country district. The Christians saw the "pagans" as villains; The English term "villain" is originally the same term: a person living in a village or in the countryside. Besides the "Pagans" never even called their "beliefs" by a name anyway. It was the only thing they knew, so why would they need to label their "belief" system? The Japanese didnt feel a need to call their "Shinto" "religion" by a name either, until they needed to be able to seperate their "Shintoism" from the foreign Buddhaism and Confuscianism.
And "neo-Pagans" arent even real Irminists, because they incorporate things from other religions that have nothing to do with the ancient thought of Irminism.
And I do know about the Greek "religion". You seem to keep getting Irminism mixed up with religion, because YOU are the one who dont know what they're talking about. Irminism was a universal "belief" in Europe; be they Slavic, Russian, Norwegian, or German, they ALL had the same "gods" just with different names, because they spoke different languages, because they lived in different parts of Europe.
Again, theGreeks recognizing the birth place of Zeus to be Crete is not the same as Christian fundamentalism.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#635539 Jul 2, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What if it becomes apparent to us, that another universe exists? Can there be two or more uncreated universes?
It could be an infinite amount.

Anaheim, California

#635540 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'll continue to believe there is NOT one, because there is NO proof of one.
BUT, I am open that it can be possible...but not probable.
My mind is open to CHANGE with proof.
<quoted text>Agnostics are DIFFERENT from Atheist.
An Atheist is someone who completely rejects the belief in GOd, or an after life.
I (as an Agnostic) am OPEN to the belief in God, but I don't think it's probable.
I also think there MIGHT be an after life, or other dimensions.....NONE of which requires a GOD to be real. You can have a afterlife, or move to another dimension without there being a GOD.
If you can CLEARLY see the difference between MY agnostic beliefs, and Atheist beliefs...then you're being intellectually dishonest.
You're intellectually degenerate if you cant see you're no different than your atheist counterparts. You're both in blind belief, with no proof.

End of discussion.:)

#635541 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>WOW...really?! Then please...do tell us all!
<quoted text>That's not proof of God :(
<quoted text>That is not proof of God :(
<quoted text>That is not proof of God :(
<quoted text>AGAIN, that is certainly NOT proof of God.
<quoted text>None of that ids proof whatsoever.
What you listed are ways of people deluding themselves into believing something with ZERO proof.
I think another word for that is FAITH...blindly believing in someone irrational without proof.
Lol. Double Fine enjoyed this post somewhat

#635542 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, if you take a length of rope and divide it...

Oh wait. Buck's not here

Anaheim, California

#635543 Jul 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of something like Bigfoot. What would be proof enough to you that Bigfoot exists? Some country bumpkin saw it while drinking beer after beating his wife? Nah. Not proof. But suppose you find a carcass? Or a live animal? That is proof enough.
Now how about dinosaurs. Mankind did not knkw about these beasts until recently. Yet, we know they existed. How? Fossil evidence. We found bones (fossils are not technically bones, but that is another topic). We find a skeletal structure so completely different than anything that exist today. Radiometric dating puts it at say, 100 million years old. So we know that magnificent beasts roamed the earth long, long before we lever existed.
What shall it be for a deity? If it is a book god, test it to miracles that is aimed it has performed. Make a Christian prophet part the Red Sea, or something like that
You really need to stop butting in conversations when you don't even know what they are about

Whoever I was talking to stupidly said "God cant be proven to not exist." And then turned around and said "We atheists are just waiting to get proof he does exist".

Thats WHY I said : "if he cant be proven to not exist, then how can he be proven to exist?"

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#635544 Jul 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was truthful, Mac.
I did not accuse you of lying.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#635545 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I get your point...I really do! But here is my question:
How can you believe in ONE part of the bible, and completely disregard OTHER parts of the bible....knowing a LOT of the bible has been debunked by science, or is completely inhumane, brutal, and sickening?
Hasn't the bible lost all credibility?
In the words of Bill Maher....."You can find more morality in the RICK JAMES bible, than the Christian bible"
There's a difference between completely disregarding, and judging some parts irrelevant to modern times. The world, thousands of years ago, was an inhumane, brutal place, and the Bible, being a book about life, reflects the conditions of living in that time period in the region. Even so, there are underlying themes and spiritual stories in the Bible that are timeless.

Whether the Bible has any credibility or not is up to you to decide when you study it and see how it applies to your life. Anyone can crack open evilbible.com and see how shitty the jews were to each other and how they misunderstood basic science. It's a lot harder to study the bible and try to understand it's message and how it matters to you.

Anaheim, California

#635546 Jul 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you prove something fantastic to exist or to not exist? Because you first and foremost cant get any proof for something fantastic in the first place, whether you're trying to prove it exists or not.

Please read the whole convo before you speak, Mr. I'm Such An Angel Incapable Of No Immorality... ;)

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

#635547 Jul 2, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
The definition of nothing as understood by the average person is just that..nothing. There is nothing tangible,visible or detectable.
The disingenuous claims some make that something came from nothing clearly engage in semantic chicanery.Nothing in the commonly understood definition and "nothing" in physics are two distinctly different definitions.Those with agendas beyond truth attempt to dupe the casual observer into believing the nothing from which something comes is the common definition of the word not the definition used in physics..
There is a GREAT debate among scientists regarding WHAT "nothing" is, or if it's anything at all.
Just like NOW, the claim of nothing simply being NOTHING...yet we are talking about NOTHING, as though it is something.
The mere fact that we can't give an example of NOTHING, means we can't say EITHER way...because there's no way to research or study "nothing"..

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635548 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're intellectually degenerate if you cant see you're no different than your atheist counterparts. You're both in blind belief, with no proof.
End of discussion.:)
No, obviously it's NOT the end of the discussion, lol

Again, you are being intellectually dishonest if you claim to not recognize to difference between Agnostics and Atheists.

Let me write in simple terms, to make it easier for you to understand:
1. Atheist believe in NO God, and believe there is NO possibility of a God.
2. Agnostics believe in NO God, but believe there is a possibility of a God.

AGAIN, for the 3rd time....I don not believe in God, but I do believe it is possible.

It's really quite clear....I feel bad for you if you can't see the difference.

Anaheim, California

#635549 Jul 2, 2013
Nothing is just a word. "Nothing" is still something. I'm currently writing an article on how this is so. Until I finish articulating an explanation, I will post it here.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#635550 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know "nothing" doesn't exist, if we do not have an example of "nothing"?
You say "nothing doesn't exist, or there would be nothing"....EXACTLY...so how can you say it does not exist, if there's no way to measure or research "nothing"?
Because nothing is the ground state, or simply the lowest energy state that can exist. If there were absolutely nothing at the ground state there could never be anything, that is why there is something instead of nothing. We call it ZPE or zero point energy and is though to be what is causing the universe to expand.

Because as you say something cannot come from nothing, but in reality nothing is something and everything is nothing.
The total energy of the universe balances out to zero, all this in a nutshell is quantum physics my dear and we do research nothing.
But you can't quite remove everything from even empty space , there remains a potential , this is demonstrable through the Casimir effect, where even with no energy a photon will pop into existence , which ties in with the uncertainty principle.

So that being said a condition of nothing is a vacuum with virtual particles having the potential to become something or ZPE.

If you want to try to understand this you can research ground state, and ZPE. But though hard to understand , this makes more sense than simply saying something comes from nothing.
Is to realize even nothing is something, or there never would be anything. This works even if there is a god, because god would have to have been something that created nothing, though to a quantum physicist the nothing that god exists in is the ground state of everything. I hope this makes sense to you, because quantum physics can be very counter intuitive.

http://www.calphysics.org/zpe.html

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#635551 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know "nothing" doesn't exist, if we do not have an example of "nothing"?
You say "nothing doesn't exist, or there would be nothing"....EXACTLY...so how can you say it does not exist, if there's no way to measure or research "nothing"?
This should have said.....

This works even if there is a god, because god would have to have been something that created nothing

This works even if there is a god, because god would have to have been something within the nothing that created something.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#635552 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
An infinite amount of uncreated universes? You are prepared to believe that?

And do let me guess, you are prepared to believe that these other universes may have their own set of entirely different physical laws? Will you even entertain the idea that whole entirely different systems of law can exist, and yet still wish to bind God to evidence as per the laws of this universe?

The mathematics of all of this can suggest such things and multiverses and things always existing conveniently, but ultimately as far as we are talking matter you have to look at what is logical.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#635553 Jul 2, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>There is a GREAT debate among scientists regarding WHAT "nothing" is, or if it's anything at all.
Just like NOW, the claim of nothing simply being NOTHING...yet we are talking about NOTHING, as though it is something.
The mere fact that we can't give an example of NOTHING, means we can't say EITHER way...because there's no way to research or study "nothing"..
My sophomore year in college proves it is indeed possible to study nothing.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#635554 Jul 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, if you take a length of rope and divide it...
Oh wait. Buck's not here

Buck like all believers cannot imagine anything counter intuitive,
which unfortunately most of everything in quantum physics.
I had a hard time understanding the double slit experiment and
Schrodinger's cat but once you understand them and the uncertainty principle , it starts to make sense. Light cones are fun too as is understanding length contraction acceleration and future points on a temporal curve such as the twin paradox. Infinities exist like god, in our minds but they also exist in reality , just beyond the scope of human reasoning.

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

#635555 Jul 2, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
Google Irminism? Lmao oh please you dont know where I got my knowledge of Irminism from, and it most certainly isnt Google.
Where you get your agnostic "wisdom" from? YouTube? Lol :P
Your post is a rant because you posted jumbled group of sentences that have nothing to do with Irminism. You dont know what it is, so stop making long boring paragraphs about something you know nothing about.
I never said praying to a "god" or "God" therefore makes them a "god" or "God". My point was that your deluded little brain cant see, is that they never BELIEVED them to actually exist like the Christians do. Unlike Christians, Irminists dont sit back and hope their "God" does something, they believe in action. And they saw their "gods" as metaphors. They didnt really believe the god Thor actually rode in a carriage across the sky to cause lightning with a real hammer. If you know so much about Irminism, I'd like to see you explain to me how the hell it's exactly like Christianity. I've been studying Germanic mythology and culture for years, thank you very much.
REDACTED FOR SPACE!
WOW, talk about a RANT^ lol! No?
Did you google the definition of hypocrite yet?

I get my agnostic wisdom from life experience, I studied Theology in college (which led me to be Agnostic, lol), many professors, and my grandpa was a Quantum physics professor at Otterbein University, in Ohio.

"A jumbled group of sentences"...how were my sentences jumbles? Can you be SPECIFIC to what sentences you are referring to? My response DID have to do with "Irminism"...can you read? I CLEARLY said "how does praying to a God equate making a God"...did you miss that part?
I also addressed a SECOND time in the above post.

Again, how does your point regarding "Irminism" have anything to do with my point regarding Christians rationally rejecting OTHER Gods, but yet NOT turning that critical rational thinking onto their own God? Why do you keep deflecting with "Irminism"?
The fact that you CLAIM their God doesn't "exist" (which in itself is debatable) is moot to the point.
Again, why dodge the point regarding Allah, or Mohammed...since you want an example of a supposed God worshipers believe is "real"...?

I never said Christianity was like "Irminism," Can you read? For the 4th time....I said how can CHRISTIANS use critical thinking and rationally reject OTHER Gods (whether they are pagan Gods, mythical Gods, etc...) Yet NOT use that same rational thinking when it comes to THEIR God?

You say "hey didnt really believe the god Thor actually rode in a carriage across the sky to cause lightning with a real hammer".....really? Because Christians believe God came from a VIRGIN. Talking snakes, 900 year old men, the earth was made the world in 6 days, and they believe the Earth is less than 7,000 years old....just ask a YOUNG creationist.
LOL> again, your point contradicts itself...and makes my point!
If Christians believe ALL that crap, then why NOT believe in the Thor mythology?

It is >you< who keeps getting Irminism confused with religion...because I was making a point about RELIGION, and their belief in GOD...and YOU brought up Irminism as a point regarding Christians...again, do you see how hypocritical and contradictory your post is?

LASTLY, you clearly claimed "no one ever believed Zeus was real"...and I have proven quite CLEARLY that Greeks DID believe he was real..and worshipped him. And punished those like Sacretes for claiming they were NOT real. The mere fact that Zeus has a "birth place " that is REAL, proves they believed he was REAL!
Why are you denying documented FACT?
Greeks believing in Zeus in that time period is very much the same as Christians believing in Christian God? Can you explain the difference?
...and aren't you embarrassed for wrongly claiming NO ONE ever believed Zeus was reaL?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 653,836
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 63,613
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Pimpolunio Pou Pong 45,232
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Pimpolunio Pou Pong 618,732
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr Banonator 106,484
music lovers 1 hr Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,846
More from around the web