Comments
602,821 - 602,840 of 732,913 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635093 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of scientific proof for the existence of emotions and jealousy specifically.
None for god. Plenty for god belief.
None for the jealousy demon. Plenty for jealousy.
Emotions are outside the realm of science. If you can't quantify or prove something, but are somehow experiencing it anyway, it falls right into the realm of the subjective.

Your feeling of jealousy is undoubtedly different than mine, no?

In turn, my experiences with God are different than yours - you claimed to have had none.

*just like* trying to convince a child(or anyone that's never experienced it) what jealousy is all about, how it manifests, how it feels & how to try to control it.

Location hidden

#635094 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
You have banana dna in your body RR. Banana. Why would a loving god do that?
Potato, too.

Why did He do that?

*shrugs*

Why not?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#635095 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you are not trained in BS, you just have a natural talent for it.
Brain death occurs because the body support system fails, right?
Tell us how evolution could possibly develop such a shutdown mechanism. How did this adaptation of a relatively orderly shutdown of molecular transfers of energy occur past the point of no return? And then get passed down in the genes?
How did eyes evolve? How did brains evolve? Arms? Legs? Toes!

God!

Location hidden

#635096 Jul 1, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
There's absolutely brainwashing involved in studying scientific hypotheses and theories.
You're right about that!

Location hidden

#635097 Jul 1, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just validated my point smart a ss.
How do you know one doesn't exist since you have no evidence of that?
You're basically telling me you're a skeptical fool. Like all atheists are.
Trolololololol.

I recommend a moratorium on responses to this particular troll. Adds nothing to the discussion, and isn't even funny like some of our more distinguished trolls.

Location hidden

#635098 Jul 1, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
WE live on a planet constantly in motion, and except for the occasional natural catastrophe, it is usually a very slow, orderly motion.
The Earth is billions of years old and still in the making—glacial cycles come and go, continents move, mountains form and crumble. Yet Life persists.
Modern Science has, for decades, tried to sell us every soulless theory they could, from the ‘big bang,’ to the chemical origin of life, and a gravity-driven universe.
Our current dogmatic science ought to fear approaching the problem of life’s origins. Their hypothetical models always postulate random events, and chance mutations, in a hostile universe — a cosmos without conscience, consciousness or spiritual life.
All new theories lead up blind alleys. How Earth formed, how life arose. All we are offered is endless speculation, and the stunningly unscientific approach that, instead of welcoming new ideas, refuses to follow where the evidence leads.
It's incredibly easy to tell when you're plagiarizing. Wonder why that is?
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#635099 Jul 1, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
A religiously retarded redneck this mentally retarded really should be institutionalized immediately.
There's absolutely brainwashing involved in studying scientific hypotheses and theories.
I couldn't i AGREE more!
Scientific hypotheses are educated guesses based on observation. Scientific theories are proven hypotheses which have been verified by multiple teams of independent researchers.
All that info is filterd through, human interpretation. I would have to do all the experiments to come to that conclusion. Other than that, I take it on faith that all of the scientists who did the experiments and reviewed them and tested them are not lying to me. That is my point.

You cannot use the "scientific method" as a reason to make science as an authority of truth, simply because the only way to prove science as the truth is to use the "scientific method"! The logic is circular.
There's no point attempting to reason with a godbot so completely brainwashed to be mentally retarded.
There's no point in attempting to reason with a robot who admitts brainwashing exist in his method of rational thinking and logic.

Your lack of the abilty to think for your self, shines through.

As your new advasary, i would recommend getting a new catch phrase (retart),, and please stop talking to those on the sidelines when you post.. Your desperate attempt to seek support for your stupidity,,, well, it's just stupid..

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#635100 Jul 1, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you lack the intellectual capacity to recognize rational people, which is why you'll waste away your worthless life as a retarded and revolting redneck with absolutely no socially redeemable qualities.
What a predictable bore.
waaaz up

Manchester, KY

#635101 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of scientific proof for the existence of emotions and jealousy specifically.
None for god. Plenty for god belief.
None for the jealousy demon. Plenty for jealousy.
Tell me, how can science study or provide evidence of a supernatural being?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#635102 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
Parts is parts.

It all came out of the same firmaments and dust. Some parts can be utilized in several designs. It's all in how you assemble the final product.

Timmy has peanut butter between his ears.

Ugh! But that don't smell like peanut butter. Just looked like it.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#635103 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
"I Don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God
has a sick sense of humor and when I die I expect to hear him Laughing...."
-

Location hidden

#635104 Jul 1, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. You're too kind.
It is a fact that most people are traditional and timid. Many, if not most theists, believe simply because they are in that culture and family tradition of belief. "You listen to your parents and your elders. They know much more than you!". They fear a contrary truth that negates what their parents taught and what they've believed for years and years.
I'm quite a solid muslim, but there is a lot of rubbish that my parents and grandparents believe that I don't believe. It has been shocking throughout the years to uncover certain "Islamic" things that have absolutely no connection with Muhammed and the Quran.
I think it is largely circumstantial that atheists are reported to have a higher IQ. I'd say that theists and atheists alike, are split into two groups. Those who choose their belief/disbelief, and those who merely follow. Atheists outside of the soviet union have a higher proportion of those who chose to disbelieve. Theists have a lower proportion of those who chose to believe over those who follow. The ones who chose, are likely the ones with the higher IQ.
In a group of 10 atheists, perhaps 6 to 8 of them would've chose their disbelief. But in a group of 10 theists, perhaps 1 or 2 chose their belief. The group that has the largest followers and least chosers, would have the lower IQ.
To what degree are theists truly capable of choosing? You definitely seem to have thought deeply about your belief, but you were born to muslim parents, and now you are a muslim. And even if you turned out to be a christian, I'm not so sure it could truly be called a choice, because society seems to tell us that a belief in a god, any god, is better than none.

This obviously gets into questions about our true degree of free will, and you could counter by saying that I did not truly choose to become an atheist - my point is simply that the only way someone could truly say they chose their god belief would be if they had been raised in a society free from god belief.

Location hidden

#635105 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Since all of you refuse to answer, I'll ask again.
Do you think DNA was nonexistent before science discovered it?
(PS: I don't expect an answer, just another dodge)
How long did it take us to find dna after it's existence was postulated?

How long have we been looking for god since his existence was postulated?

Your question is meaningless. No one is saying that there is no evidence therefore god doesn't exist - just that there is no evidence therefore there is no reason to believe. And that maybe the lack of evidence is getting slightly suspicious.

Location hidden

#635106 Jul 1, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
I listen to rational people every day. Unfortunately for you,you don' meet the standard
Sean Hannity? Bill?

Location hidden

#635107 Jul 1, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"I Don't want to start any blasphemous rumors, but I think that God
has a sick sense of humor and when I die I expect to hear him Laughing...."
-
Oh man, Depress Mood?

I gotta go.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#635108 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>To what degree are theists truly capable of choosing? You definitely seem to have thought deeply about your belief, but you were born to muslim parents, and now you are a muslim. And even if you turned out to be a christian, I'm not so sure it could truly be called a choice, because society seems to tell us that a belief in a god, any god, is better than none.
This obviously gets into questions about our true degree of free will, and you could counter by saying that I did not truly choose to become an atheist - my point is simply that the only way someone could truly say they chose their god belief would be if they had been raised in a society free from god belief.
http://hollowverse.com/vladimir-putin/

Location hidden

#635109 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy, you're not understanding mine. You refuse to. It might crack that fragile belief system of yours.
You aren't making a logical or even sensible argument. I am not even truly making an argument - I am making an intentionally stupid one in an apparently futile attempt to show you what you're doing wrong.

I will try one more time.

Jealousy is proof of jealousy.
God belief is proof of god belief.

God belief is not proof of god.
Jealousy is not proof of the jealousy demon.

Location hidden

#635110 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How long did it take us to find dna after it's existence was postulated?
How long have we been looking for god since his existence was postulated?
Your question is meaningless. No one is saying that there is no evidence therefore god doesn't exist - just that there is no evidence therefore there is no reason to believe. And that maybe the lack of evidence is getting slightly suspicious.
No it isn't meaningless. Well, maybe to you it is, but that's only because you've vested so much in to believing that God isn't real.

DNA is a physical thing that I believe God used as a building block to form all life in earth.

DNA is quantifiable science.

Now.

God isn't.

Yet.

Location hidden

#635111 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotions are outside the realm of science. If you can't quantify or prove something, but are somehow experiencing it anyway, it falls right into the realm of the subjective.
Your feeling of jealousy is undoubtedly different than mine, no?
In turn, my experiences with God are different than yours - you claimed to have had none.
*just like* trying to convince a child(or anyone that's never experienced it) what jealousy is all about, how it manifests, how it feels & how to try to control it.
No, emotions are not outside the realm of science.*Qualia* is outside of the realm of science currently. The existence of emotions in and of themselves is not in question and perfectly within the grasp of science.

This is what is confusing you - you are confusing qualia with the simple existence of emotional states. We can all agree and scientifically confirm that we experience emotions - what we cannot do is qualify exactly what those emotions feel like to each individual.

Location hidden

#635112 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
So your god is a troll?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Truth 538,916
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 257,966
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min JUDEletePete 117,969
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Seraphima 599,882
"50" BEHEADINGS Next in USA ? (*News) 36 min Monty Anaconda 3
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,336
The REALITY of workplace unhappiness for millio... 51 min Senecus 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr EdmondWA 94,667
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••