Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#635109 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy, you're not understanding mine. You refuse to. It might crack that fragile belief system of yours.
You aren't making a logical or even sensible argument. I am not even truly making an argument - I am making an intentionally stupid one in an apparently futile attempt to show you what you're doing wrong.

I will try one more time.

Jealousy is proof of jealousy.
God belief is proof of god belief.

God belief is not proof of god.
Jealousy is not proof of the jealousy demon.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#635110 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How long did it take us to find dna after it's existence was postulated?
How long have we been looking for god since his existence was postulated?
Your question is meaningless. No one is saying that there is no evidence therefore god doesn't exist - just that there is no evidence therefore there is no reason to believe. And that maybe the lack of evidence is getting slightly suspicious.
No it isn't meaningless. Well, maybe to you it is, but that's only because you've vested so much in to believing that God isn't real.

DNA is a physical thing that I believe God used as a building block to form all life in earth.

DNA is quantifiable science.

Now.

God isn't.

Yet.

Location hidden

#635111 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotions are outside the realm of science. If you can't quantify or prove something, but are somehow experiencing it anyway, it falls right into the realm of the subjective.
Your feeling of jealousy is undoubtedly different than mine, no?
In turn, my experiences with God are different than yours - you claimed to have had none.
*just like* trying to convince a child(or anyone that's never experienced it) what jealousy is all about, how it manifests, how it feels & how to try to control it.
No, emotions are not outside the realm of science.*Qualia* is outside of the realm of science currently. The existence of emotions in and of themselves is not in question and perfectly within the grasp of science.

This is what is confusing you - you are confusing qualia with the simple existence of emotional states. We can all agree and scientifically confirm that we experience emotions - what we cannot do is qualify exactly what those emotions feel like to each individual.

Location hidden

#635112 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Potato, too.
Why did He do that?
*shrugs*
Why not?
So your god is a troll?

Location hidden

#635113 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't meaningless. Well, maybe to you it is, but that's only because you've vested so much in to believing that God isn't real.
DNA is a physical thing that I believe God used as a building block to form all life in earth.
DNA is quantifiable science.
Now.
God isn't.
Yet.
Did you not read my post? I said that the lack of evidence is reason not to believe, not that the lack of evidence is proof of nonexistence.

And now god is potentially quantifiable? I thought he was outside of our realm and that he intentionally trolled our attempts to measure him - you know, by tooling around with prayer studies and such. "Ha! Pray to me for a scientific experiment! Post surgical complications for you!"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#635114 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have banana dna in your body RR. Banana. Why would a loving god do that?
He knows RR is bananas.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635115 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, emotions are not outside the realm of science.*Qualia* is outside of the realm of science currently. The existence of emotions in and of themselves is not in question and perfectly within the grasp of science.
This is what is confusing you - you are confusing qualia with the simple existence of emotional states. We can all agree and scientifically confirm that we experience emotions - what we cannot do is qualify exactly what those emotions feel like to each individual.
Same thing, man.

My experience with God is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

My qualia with God is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

My experience of jealous is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

My qualia of jealousy is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.

You're just mincing words now.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635116 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your analogy, you're not understanding mine. You refuse to. It might crack that fragile belief system of yours.
He doesn't understand it because it makes no sense.

One does not need to have experienced jealousy to know that jealousy exists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635117 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not read my post? I said that the lack of evidence is reason not to believe, not that the lack of evidence is proof of nonexistence.
And now god is potentially quantifiable? I thought he was outside of our realm and that he intentionally trolled our attempts to measure him - you know, by tooling around with prayer studies and such. "Ha! Pray to me for a scientific experiment! Post surgical complications for you!"
I've always stated that God is outside of our **current** realm of science.

Just like human flight was a century ago. And DNA a century before that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635118 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not.
That whole fragile belief thing of yours.
You're projecting.

In Imax.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635119 Jul 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows RR is bananas.
Dude....

You gotta stop obsessing over my banana.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635120 Jul 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't understand it because it makes no sense.
One does not need to have experienced jealousy to know that jealousy exists.
Oh really??

Ok, assume I've never experienced jealousy.

Tell me how it works.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#635121 Jul 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're projecting.
In Imax.
Nope. I don't deny my beliefs. My beliefs are strong.

Atheist beliefs are frail. Hell, y'all won't even admit to having them...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#635122 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not read my post? I said that the lack of evidence is reason not to believe, not that the lack of evidence is proof of nonexistence.
I have captured several milliliters of Essence of God, and I have it in a burette.

Any takers?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#635123 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really??
Tell me how it works.
Go.
If I thought for a second that anything would get through that thick skull of yours, I'd at least try.

Location hidden

#635124 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing, man.
My experience with God is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.
My qualia with God is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.
My experience of jealous is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.
My qualia of jealousy is unknown and virtually unexplainable to you.
You're just mincing words now.
Your experience with god is your "qualia with god."

I am not telling you that I know what it's like to be jealous RR, I am telling you that the existence of jealousy as an emotion is not in question, and that using jealous behavior to "prove" jealousy is not the same as using god belief to prove god.

Goodness.

Location hidden

#635125 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always stated that God is outside of our **current** realm of science.
Just like human flight was a century ago. And DNA a century before that.
Just a few more years right? Rapture or scientific proof of god, whichever comes first.

Location hidden

#635126 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really??
Tell me how it works.
Go.
Dude! Come on. This isn't that hard to understand. If you had never experienced jealousy, it would be difficult to demonstrate to you exactly how it feels - that is the nature of subjective experience. But it would not be difficult to show you that it does indeed exist.

Location hidden

#635127 Jul 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have captured several milliliters of Essence of God, and I have it in a burette.
Any takers?
How much?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#635128 Jul 1, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How much?
I thought I read "Brunette"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 603,289
How To Get Glowing Skin Naturally At Home 9 min Ali 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min BenAdam 8,105
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min NEWS-FLASH 177,871
The Christian Atheist debate 34 min Critical Eye 3,866
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 1 hr cool boy 228
Gay sex in Gurgaon 1 hr nikhil 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 272,895
More from around the web