Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just the egotistical nature of some people. An atheist can easily have the same ego. If he chose to help an old lady with something at the train station and he missed his train and the train derailed, killing lots of people, he could easily think to himself "See! I helped that old woman and I'm still alive. Others could've helped but didn't, so only I deserved to get saved!".
And you do not believe in an afterlife, so death will always be tragic for you. Believers in an afterlife don't pity the dead. We pity the ones left behind, the living. The dead are dead. They are not alive to feel sad or feel pain and brutality. Who is living in misery after a tsunami? The ones who are alive, and we have to help them. But to say "God killed those people! He's terrible!", that is something weird to say. What is death to God?
Have you ever seen an atheist say something like that on TV? I agree that anyone can have an ego, but it takes religion to make someone believe that *everything* is part of a tailor made plan just for them.

Well.. yeah, obviously death isn't tragic for the dead.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really weird how the ones doing the oppressing try to assert themselves as the victims. The Apartheid whites did it and now the Zionists are doing it. "We are the victims! They want to kill us all! But by God, we will prevail!".
And yeah it is usually the extreme ring wingers who support human rights violations. They are usually the ones feeling deep patriotism and nationalism to the point of oppressing or killing the other. How many times there is that statement "We are protecting the American way of life!", and they say it as if it is something so admirable, as if everyone must look at them as such heroes. Bunch of freakin nutjobs. They only disgrace.
The USA is only to blame for taking the war to you. We could sit it out and let you kill yourselves true. But have a interest on who is to be the victors in conflicts. Don't accuse me of thinking this was ever perfect or even close, and in some cases completely wrong. But the history books show us ...it's simply how it is.
Sorry if empires collide, it isn't our choice, but it is our reality. Her light does cast a shadow , and sometimes lady liberty must hide her face behind her robes, but she will have a grace and style like no other.
Yes and "excuse the pun" God willing she wants the best for us all, even you across the sea in your niche of the world.

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/67/Colu...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there DF! Hope all is well with you also! I agree, the exclusion of scientific evidence does not confirm that love does not exist. in the same way, the exclusion of scientific evidence of God does not confirm there isn't one. I think if we can count long walks on the beach and testimony from friends of a loving relationship between two people as strong evidence that love exists, then surely the millions of people who believe in a god or God...along with the written scribes of men from thousands of years ago could also be considered as strong evidence to support the reality of God...I mean that seems fairly reasonable at best.
No, it strongly implies that belief in god exists. Evidence of love does not imply cupid's existence.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The children of that man are after all the children of that Sargent were.
And that Sargent was the great great(not sure how many greats)possibly ggg grand son of this woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Geiger
Which indecently is the woman on this seal.
http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/IMAGES/South_C...
Which means that people die brother, but their kids go on forever.
There are descendants of that slave carrying those guns walking around now.
Auralie, that was one of your more pitiful attempts at making a coherent post.

Sunday? Beer?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>No matter what you say or how much you want to "forget", you whites made slavery an indelible part of this country's history, and it will never disappear, no matter how many excuses you try to make.
Don't forget to put those sheets back on the bed when you're done wearing them and kissing the feet of your white god (ahem, excuse me, grand wizard).
Where have you been? I was beginning to think you were incarcerated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Who really has an accurate account of the creation of mankind, the world, the universe? Genesis may not, but science doesn't either. Certainly the Big Bang followed by abiogenesis doesn't. When has science ever proven that life spontaneously arises from non-living matter? It hasn't, hence that theory is just as absurd as the non-believer in God believes the Genesis account might be. Science gives us all these theories and insist that we are relatives to the apes, yet it cannot tell us where the apes came from. Science insists that man evolved from walking on all fours to the erect form of intelligent man we have today..What I find amazing is that if you do a timeline of biblical events, you'll find that Adam and Eve appeared at the same time science tells us cro-magnon man appeared. It's quite the mystery to me that men of ancient times could leave written evidence of the beginning of mankind that matches up perfectly with the timeline of the erect man that the scientific world , with all it's gadgets and technology, has given us. I don't have a clue what the truth is...but I know what I believe and I have no more of a problem believing it than I have believing what science gives me.
To assume that science is always right, because that's what people usually do, is to deny yourself the knowledge that there simply is more out there. Popular belief isn't why I believe...although I am sure that is the case for many. For quite some time, I didn't believe at all, but on my journey to disprove God, I found life.:)
Adam and eve are about 50k years old?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really weird how the ones doing the oppressing try to assert themselves as the victims. The Apartheid whites did it and now the Zionists are doing it. "We are the victims! They want to kill us all! But by God, we will prevail!".
And yeah it is usually the extreme ring wingers who support human rights violations. They are usually the ones feeling deep patriotism and nationalism to the point of oppressing or killing the other. How many times there is that statement "We are protecting the American way of life!", and they say it as if it is something so admirable, as if everyone must look at them as such heroes. Bunch of freakin nutjobs. They only disgrace.
Indeed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right but that wasn't my point....
You said that when the atheists here say that "there is no proof god exists" that doesnt mean that they mean he just doesnt exist.
I think they do mean he doesn't exist because there isn't any proof.
No, they mean that they don't believe in him because there isn't any proof, and that the complete lack of proof in spite of thousands of years of searching is starting to get a bit suspicious.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Auralie, that was one of your more pitiful attempts at making a coherent post.
Sunday? Beer?
I can describe you in one word.
Feeble

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I can describe you in one word.
Feeble
Well, I could never take you on, could I, Batman?

Especially after you've had a couple of sixpacks, eh?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Adam and eve are about 50k years old?
Can you prove your dating method is 100% accurate?

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% bullshit! According to Christian mythology, the earth is less than 10,000 years old and only an insane person would believe such complete and utter stupidity. The Cro-Magnons first appeared approximately 40,000 years ago.
Were you here 40,000 years ago hotshot? Was anyone you know here 40,000 years ago? Any tool we use to measure a fossil and assume that it came from 40,000 years ago has questionable validity.

“I speak my mind”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it strongly implies that belief in god exists. Evidence of love does not imply cupid's existence.
Yes...it does strongly imply that. I wonder why there is still such a strong belief...do you?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Krauss was once a great scientist, but now he's just a cheap salesman. He titled his book "A universe from nothing", just to stir curiosity and make people buy his. And people bought it only to see that he simply redefines what "nothing" is.

And this is the kind of debates he gets himself into:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"If they love each other, I'll have to think about it"! Haha!
Why do people hate scientists who try to make science interesting an comprehensible to non scientists?

How infantile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people hate scientists who try to make science interesting an comprehensible to non scientists?
How infantile.
Because they may be selling something?

You are too used to sitting and being lectured, and then assuming those scientists speak the truth about something you don't understand. Look at them the same way as you do preachers interpreting God for you.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, but never the less they are here. A friend of mines great great grandfather was a confederate Sargent, he had a picture of him, trusty slave behind him carrying his guns for him. I stopped to ponder this for a minute.
This slaves children are still around , do I know them?
Do these children see this picture like I do?
I don't feel guilt either, but I do feel a shame that isn't even my fault.
What about the shame of apathy towards the slave running of today? Hang your head with the rest of us buddy, because many of them are children.
Myth Buster

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Bullshit signed in wrote:
Any tool we use to measure a fossil and assume that it came from 40,000 years ago has questionable validity.
100% pure bullshit! Are you so retarded to be a young earth creationist? If so, you're amongst the top 1% worldwide in terms of ignorance and should be totally ashamed of yourself.

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/ben...

"The fossil record is fundamental to an understanding of evolution. Fossils document the order of appearance of groups and they tell us about some of the amazing plants and animals that died out long ago. Fossils can also show us how major crises, such as mass extinctions, happened, and how life recovered after them. If the fossils, or the dating of the fossils, could be shown to be inaccurate, all such information would have to be rejected as unsafe. Geologists and paleontologists are highly self-critical, and they have worried for decades about these issues. Repeated, and tough, regimes of testing have confirmed the broad accuracy of the fossils and their dating, so we can read the history of life from the rocks with confidence."

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>In turn there is the victim stance that white people are now taking by crying about how black people are "spouting about what white people owe them."
White people's first mistake was staking claims on other people's stuff and saying it was theirs, and their second mistake was expecting people of color to just sit back and take it and not protest and complain.
White people have their own psychotic delusions of what people of color are to them as if colored people are "less human" than them, and white people have deluded themselves into thinking that they own the entire world and can do what they want, when they want, and that they are the "gods" of this world.
The "god" people are trying to "prove exists" has even taken on the qualities of "the white male running the world" fantasy.
You white people weren't satisfied with trying to get control of the whole world, no. You even are making god a white man.
Your god is a white man with a sheet.
So you want to whine NOW?
GOOD, BITCH!
NOW YOU SEE HOW IT FEELS.
NOW YOU RATS ARE GETTING EVERYTHING YOU DESERVE.
And you'll get it too, slave girl.
How many mulattoes you got, traitor b!tch?
The avatar you are ranting at is not one of a Caucasian, moron. wipe the rabid froth from your mouth and take a look.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Well, with that reasoning, you could try telling a Jew to forget about the Holocaust. After all, fk the Jew's greed, right, NoBrainsanomaly?
STFU, you anti-non-white-Christian bigot.
Nobody in my family ever owned a Jewish slave either, idiot. I don't owe anybody anything for the acts committed by people who have have been long dead and were not related to me anyway. You can't make me feel guilty for something I had nothing to do with. Why don't you try living in the "here and now" like a normal, rational person?

You lack any reasoning at all.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>No matter what you say or how much you want to "forget", you whites made slavery an indelible part of this country's history, and it will never disappear, no matter how many excuses you try to make.
Don't forget to put those sheets back on the bed when you're done wearing them and kissing the feet of your white god (ahem, excuse me, grand wizard).
Lunatic!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

544 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min israeli cult must pay 115,091
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min hojo 532,784
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 39 min Rashed 405
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Naveen kumar 4,796
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 93,723
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Reshi 76
The world can't deny the REALITY of the Europea... 1 hr Dpctor REALITY 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 256,504
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr The Awakener 172,400
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••