Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#634834 Jul 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So, 2000 years from now when the slave's descendants are still complaining my descendant's (who played no part in that BS) are supposed to feel guilty and financially support them and their kin forever?
As far as I'm concerned the only people who deserved reparations of any kind are the ones who were actually slaves at some time in their life. None of the whiners today ever felt a slave master's whip against their skin or were forced to pick cotton in the summer sun, none of them rode the slave ships or were hobbled after being sold to some merchant by their relatives or a warlord.
I have no sympathy for today's seeker of "reparation". We don't see them hunting down the descendants of relatives or warlords in Africa who sold them to the merchants asking for reparations from *them*!
Well said.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#634835 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Indoctrination is to teach a set of rules or beliefs unconditionally. It doesn't require a learner.
An example the media attempting to indoctrinate the masses by broadcasting.
I am not indoctrinated into Christianity.
I chose to believe.
lol

now tell me ;;; That

you did NOT have chrsitian parents

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#634836 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a PhD in BS.
What you misunderstand in my relating that experience was not that a greater power reached down and nudged the head gasket back into place, but facilitated via myself and the environmental conditions the means for it to correct itself. Mostly through myself. Subconscious stuff.
Now, Missy Mechanic, you being so enlightened about mechanics and physics, let's do some analyzing of an organic machine and its shutdown. I was just discussing this on another thread with KK.
Your premise is that consciousness, thought, emotions, and all those ethereal thingies are strictly physical based. This also includes god belief or no god belief.
When the blood supply stops flowing you will get variations of blood supply to different parts of the brain because of varying constrictions of the vessels caused by loops, pressure from gravitational orientation and other physical influences. Your relatively steady state just went to shit. Your balance of signal strength and synchronization went wacko. Your core processor is in dire straits.
This is happening on the molecular level, being organic and all of that. It ain't like pulling the plug on a lamp. Your lovely concept of chemicals being released to ease the pain and cause hallucinations as you drift off into nowheresville is a bit of a pipe dream. You have a very complex machine collapsing in a very disordered way. This includes your emotional circuitry and assumed rational thinking. And thus control of the process and graceful exit. Being a machine, there should be a lot of random firings of various autonomic systems within the body which in turn will trigger others as energy is released and redirected. Lots of flopping and twitching. You have energy that has been moving lots of weight around suddenly not being directed in an orderly fashion
But it doesn't seem to work that way for the most part. It is a fairly orderly shutdown considering the intricacies of the circuitry.
There is no way evolution could have programmed such a thing. It would have had to cross that threshold and return to pass that sort of thing down in your genes. Impossible, you say? I agree.
So, what conclusion can you draw from that Missy Mechanic?
Nope, I don’t have a PhD in anything so stop guessing, it only makes you look even more stupid than you really are.

No misunderstanding, they were your words, and I see you are too much of a man to admit your stupidity.

Why are you attempting to impose a premise on me? You have no idea of the foundation of my conviction but feel free to continue guessing if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

People die in many different ways, however brain death tends to be a progressive thing shutting down from the higher cognitive functions to the more basic and fundamental.

Of course evolution could have produced such a thing, the fact that it happens makes that plain. Or perhaps you have something to back up your claim that would change your davesworld opinion into fact, then again perhaps not.

You are omitting that which so many godbots choose to omit… time. But hey who needs time when it’s easier to attribute it to impossible god magic – right?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#634837 Jul 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
now tell me ;;; That
you did NOT have chrsitian parents
O_o

No, my parents weren't chrsitian....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#634838 Jul 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right!
OH, what an amazing comeback, Lunger!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#634839 Jul 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Innuendo" suggests subtlety, I don't see a poster here with that skill; merely crass, thick-headed trolls openly venting vain hostility.
spend less time at your vanity

#634840 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll choose to side with whomever you feel strengthens your argument, regardless of fact.
That's how you atheists roll...
No sides, just fact,

The stated timeline in the babble makes it possible to calculate what the babble considers to be the age of the world to 6000 years old last October 27th as done by Bishop Ussher and several other “learned” people

I know that is BS but hey, I’m not a babble thumper, you are and you make specific claims, one being that the babble does not indicate the earth is 6000 years old.

You have also made claims that could only be possible if certain biblical figures could jump through time and we know that’s an impossibility (except in dreams)

I find it really amusing that you can cherry pick and ignore what does not suite you and still play the incredulous fool when the evidence that you cherry pick from the babble is written in the babble itself.

#634841 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christine has a PhD, alright.
Public Highschool Diploma.
LMMFAO
There you go again spotlighting your christian ignorance with lies and spiteful BS

You really are a card

a card of condolence

#634842 Jul 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I find nothing sexually attracted about little boys. I am attracted to feminine women, UNLIKE YOU BITCH! WISH YA DEAD!
Answer the question, what was YOUR mothers attitude regarding sex?
That’s not what I heard. I was told that ever since your priest used to buttfook you as a young child you have been really turned on by little boys

WTF has it got to do with you? You claim not to like me so butt out, p|ss of and go and play with the traffic

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#634843 Jul 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I don’t have a PhD in anything so stop guessing, it only makes you look even more stupid than you really are.
No misunderstanding, they were your words, and I see you are too much of a man to admit your stupidity.
Why are you attempting to impose a premise on me? You have no idea of the foundation of my conviction but feel free to continue guessing if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
People die in many different ways, however brain death tends to be a progressive thing shutting down from the higher cognitive functions to the more basic and fundamental.
Of course evolution could have produced such a thing, the fact that it happens makes that plain. Or perhaps you have something to back up your claim that would change your davesworld opinion into fact, then again perhaps not.
You are omitting that which so many godbots choose to omit… time. But hey who needs time when it’s easier to attribute it to impossible god magic – right?
Oh, so you are not trained in BS, you just have a natural talent for it.

Brain death occurs because the body support system fails, right?

Tell us how evolution could possibly develop such a shutdown mechanism. How did this adaptation of a relatively orderly shutdown of molecular transfers of energy occur past the point of no return? And then get passed down in the genes?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#634845 Jul 1, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
They like to assume alot. Dont be surprised. They like to think they know everything, too. They like to think that since they can parrot what some other atheists idiot said, then that makes them superior to you. Realy amusing if you ask me.:/
Beats the heck out of parroting some Bronze Age folk tale.

Thing is, science doesn't give a fetid dingo's kidney what you believe.

It just keeps on merrily WORKING.

The Borderland of Sol

#634846 Jul 1, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to know what is amusing? Believing some website written by god-knows-who, over scholars who have written a great many dissertations.
Hey new topic. Do you know what a dissertation is?
Probably thinks it's the sweet stuff you eat after dinner.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#634847 Jul 1, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the Christian persecution complex, waaaack@ss?
Being against someone's belief that something is there that is not is not the same as being against what is not there because it's not there to be against, in the first place.
People are getting too smart to fall for the religionists' pretzel logic.
So, why do YOU believe in something that's not even there in the first place?
That is called delusion.
You should go see a psychiatrist before you end up naked on the top of some building, getting ready to jump because "god will catch you".
"People are getting too smart to fall for the religionists' pretzel logic"

if you're so smart, pal, why are you here and are you being a success in your purpose?;)

eternity is a llllooooonnnngggg-ass time, hommes; please don't tell me you're too stupid to plan for your future!

The Borderland of Sol

#634848 Jul 1, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny that when they assume, they conclude with themselves that what they assumed is true, with no evidence if it is true. Just like their ridiculous thinking that since they have no proof of "God" then he therefore doesnt exist. How do they know? By intuition? I never knew an atheist to go by intuition. I thought they always wanted cold hard evidence. How ironic lol.
They're very confused.:/
*sigh*

Again:

1. There is no evidence supporting the existence of any deity.

2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.

3. Therefore, I don't.

See how easy?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#634850 Jul 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No sides, just fact,
The stated timeline in the babble makes it possible to calculate what the babble considers to be the age of the world to 6000 years old last October 27th as done by Bishop Ussher and several other “learned” people
I know that is BS but hey, I’m not a babble thumper, you are and you make specific claims, one being that the babble does not indicate the earth is 6000 years old.
You have also made claims that could only be possible if certain biblical figures could jump through time and we know that’s an impossibility (except in dreams)
I find it really amusing that you can cherry pick and ignore what does not suite you and still play the incredulous fool when the evidence that you cherry pick from the babble is written in the babble itself.
See? You pick the people that you think help serve your argument.

Do the research yourself instead of blindly listening to some rich Irish bishop from 400 years ago.

You won't though, you agree with him.

Imagine that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#634851 Jul 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again spotlighting your christian ignorance with lies and spiteful BS
You really are a card
a card of condolence
Did your funny bone get chopped off or something?

#634852 Jul 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you are not trained in BS, you just have a natural talent for it.
Brain death occurs because the body support system fails, right?
Tell us how evolution could possibly develop such a shutdown mechanism. How did this adaptation of a relatively orderly shutdown of molecular transfers of energy occur past the point of no return? And then get passed down in the genes?
Do you have 5 or more years to spare?

I realise to are to wound up in davesworld to educate yourself in medicine, neuroscience and genetics but please have the decency not to expect anyone else to do it for you in 4000 characters.

#634853 Jul 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you accept that Riverside Redneck is effeminate?
No, you can say RR is a lot of things but effeminate is not one of them but I can understand your confusion when you lust after young boys

#634854 Jul 1, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl! Who told you that a priest shoved some rod up my butt, and made me turned on by little boys? Don't dare talk down to me, young lady!
When you are lying in the gutter it is difficult to talk any other way but down to you

#634857 Jul 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You pick the people that you think help serve your argument.
Do the research yourself instead of blindly listening to some rich Irish bishop from 400 years ago.
You won't though, you agree with him.
Imagine that.
Don’t you pick people that you think help serve your argument? Or is it just that you don’t expect anyone else to do it except yourself?

I see you have bothered to look up a name on the internet, well done, there is hope for you educating yourself yet

The babble time line is specific, just because it has been shown to be BS makes no difference to the fact that it is written. And just because you are too embarrassed to be associated with that BS makes no difference to the fact that it is written.

BTW the babble is considerably older than bishop ussher and I don’t see you relying on more modern research. Do I see a hint of hypocrisy creeping into your frustration?

Imagine that…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 44 min Johnny 72
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr Ajay 559
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 hr USaWorldWarmongerer 435
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 151
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarmongerer 177,848
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 41,130
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,613
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr dollarsbill 7,967
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr RoSesz 603,170
More from around the web