Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#634655 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Whether we are alone in the universe or not shouldn't have anything to with it.
Make that, "...to *do* with it."

Location hidden

#634656 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I told that to Sharkey. Is that a bad thing? Lol.
He has some serious issues...
If he would say the stuff he said about whites to my man's face he'd be missing some teeth.....
That IS what Sharkey "does"...provoke, or at least, that's what he tries to do.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#634657 Jun 30, 2013
Forum wrote:
Jesus is God. He came down from heaven and
became man. Yes, he has powers. Yes, there is no death.
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

The biblical Jesus is an amalgamated myth not an historical figure. Heaven and Hell are both fictional places created to control gullible fools like you. There's no life after death.

You have absolutely no capacity to differentiate Christian folklore from reality and should be institutionalized immediately.

Location hidden

#634658 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting side effect of the slave trade was the selective breeding resulting in better physical specimens than would have occurred in the bush back in the homeland. Plus exposure to the world and education. Uplifting on an accelerated scale.
Europeans were product for the slave trade also in prior years. Lifted many of them out of the bush and into the civilized world of the Romans and Eastern empires.
One method of gene distribution that doesn't happen in wars. Assimilation into more advanced societies.
You noticed the slave was carrying the guns.
There were also Europeans who sold themselves or their own children into indentured slavery just to avoid starvation. Remember the potato blight in Ireland?

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#634659 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>People should be able to disagree without resorting to violence. Sharkey is someone I would simply walk away from once he, or she, started foaming at the mouth.
You're right..:/ I sunk to his level technically.

I really need to put my fickle nature in check..
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#634660 Jun 30, 2013
Bullshit signed in wrote:
I question validity...that's my choice....doesn't make me retarded.
No, you mindlessly accept Christian pseudoscience bullshit to support your own inane personal delusions. Religion retards intellectual development and anyone who denies scientifically proven fossil dating methods because it contradicts their Christian brainwashing is both an ignoramus and a coward.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#634661 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Geechees?
Two SC things today.
I thought you lived in Michigan.

Who ever told you that?
I've never even been to Michigan, But live all over the East Coast.
From Alexandria to Jacksonville, and Charleston to
Columbia and back to Columbia. 8 hour trip One is way too expensive, but has the best sites you could ever hope to see, provided you don't mind a hike.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#634662 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting side effect of the slave trade was the selective breeding resulting in better physical specimens than would have occurred in the bush back in the homeland. Plus exposure to the world and education. Uplifting on an accelerated scale.
Europeans were product for the slave trade also in prior years. Lifted many of them out of the bush and into the civilized world of the Romans and Eastern empires.
One method of gene distribution that doesn't happen in wars. Assimilation into more advanced societies.

Geechees are a proud and defiant people, and when on their turf, you best protect your nuts , cause they just might geechee.
We could conquer Iran with them alone...lol

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#634664 Jun 30, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove your dating method is 100% accurate?
No, the world is 6000 years old.

Location hidden

#634665 Jun 30, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...it does strongly imply that. I wonder why there is still such a strong belief...do you?
I wonder why schizophrenics strongly believe they are jesus, do you?

Location hidden

#634666 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... man.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#634667 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There were also Europeans who sold themselves or their own children into indentured slavery just to avoid starvation. Remember the potato blight in Ireland?
There were Europeans in American colonial days sold into slavery after backing the wrong side. I think a few Frenchmen suffered that fate.

If you were outside the political entity in control, you were fair game.

La Veta, CO

#634668 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever told you that?
I've never even been to Michigan, But live all over the East Coast.
From Alexandria to Jacksonville, and Charleston to
Columbia and back to Columbia. 8 hour trip One is way too expensive, but has the best sites you could ever hope to see, provided you don't mind a hike.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Is the DeSoto Hotel still in business in Columbia?

South Carolina has the hardest headed and fiercest people in the South. With brains.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#634669 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There were Europeans in American colonial days sold into slavery after backing the wrong side. I think a few Frenchmen suffered that fate.
If you were outside the political entity in control, you were fair game.
Shoot that ain't nuthin cuz, I seen the same girl sell herself 5 times a day 6 days a week, cheep too.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#634670 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the DeSoto Hotel still in business in Columbia?
South Carolina has the hardest headed and fiercest people in the South. With brains.
Long gone, As matter a fact I think another building was built where it was and it was destroyed for yet another building. But the confederate trinity episcopal church is there, it is a beautiful old church.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#634671 Jun 30, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
But is it really wrong to take pictures of teenage girls without clothes?
Young fresh ripe naked teenage girls?
Terrorist, bomb, There they should take notice of you now!

La Veta, CO

#634672 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Long gone, As matter a fact I think another building was built where it was and it was destroyed for yet another building. But the confederate trinity episcopal church is there, it is a beautiful old church.
I spent a little while at the Ft. Jackson Resort and Spa a few decades ago. Downtown on weekends.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#634674 Jun 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you mindlessly accept Christian pseudoscience bullshit to support your own inane personal delusions. Religion retards intellectual development and anyone who denies scientifically proven fossil dating methods because it contradicts their Christian brainwashing is both an ignoramus and a coward.
when science proves their methods and theories to be 100% accurate...I won't question it. Until then...I will. your article was from 2001...here's a little more recent info that is factual that brings about skepticism

Meanwhile, two leading evolutionary paleontologists have just come out with a pro-evolution book about the sudden appearance of virtually all animal phyla at the base of the Cambrian. Written by Douglas Erwin and James Valentine, experts on the Cambrian fossil record, the new work, The Cambrian Explosion The Construction of Animal Biodiversity, was reviewed by Christpher J. Lowe (Stanford) in Science Magazine this week:“What Led to Metazoa’s Big Bang?” was his suggestive headline. His first paragraph states the problem in such a way as to furrow the brows of Darwinists and make creationists or ID advocates grin,“We told you so.”
The Ediacaran and Cambrian periods witnessed a phase of morphological innovation in animal evolution unrivaled in metazoan history, yet the proximate causes of this body plan revolution remain decidedly murky. The grand puzzle of the Cambrian explosion surely must rank as one of the most important outstanding mysteries in evolutionary biology. Evidence of early representatives of all the major animal phyla first appear abruptly in the Cambrian (starting 542 million years ago). This spectacular morphological diversity contrasts strongly with Precambrian deposits, which have yielded a sparse fossil record with small, morphologically ambiguous trace fossils or the enigmatic but elegant creatures of the Ediacaran fauna. Following the Cambrian, despite a rich fossil record that documents impressive morphological diversification among animals, no new body plans have been revealed, leaving the Cambrian as the apparent crucible of metazoan body plan innovation.
Lowe agrees, then, that it was an explosion, that all the animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals. So what, then, is the evolutionists’ response to this “outstanding mystery” that Darwin wrote about 154 years ago? Lowe is not helpful to the Darwin side:“The range of hypotheses proposed to explain the Cambrian explosion is as diverse and broad as the fossils they seek to explain.”
- See more at: http://crev.info/2013/06/cambrian-explosion-e...

As for dating methods...articles such as the one found here...
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/9...
Certainly cause my eyebrows to raise.

It isn't retarded to question science...it's shallow and close-minded not to.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#634675 Jun 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, the world is 6000 years old.
LOL...I didn't say that...you did. There simply is nothing wrong with questioning validity or taking interest in timelines...whether they be scientific, biblical, or both. just sayin...

Location hidden

#634676 Jun 30, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
when science proves their methods and theories to be 100% accurate...I won't question it. Until then...I will. your article was from 2001...here's a little more recent info that is factual that brings about skepticism
Meanwhile, two leading evolutionary paleontologists have just come out with a pro-evolution book about the sudden appearance of virtually all animal phyla at the base of the Cambrian. Written by Douglas Erwin and James Valentine, experts on the Cambrian fossil record, the new work, The Cambrian Explosion The Construction of Animal Biodiversity, was reviewed by Christpher J. Lowe (Stanford) in Science Magazine this week:“What Led to Metazoa’s Big Bang?” was his suggestive headline. His first paragraph states the problem in such a way as to furrow the brows of Darwinists and make creationists or ID advocates grin,“We told you so.”
The Ediacaran and Cambrian periods witnessed a phase of morphological innovation in animal evolution unrivaled in metazoan history, yet the proximate causes of this body plan revolution remain decidedly murky. The grand puzzle of the Cambrian explosion surely must rank as one of the most important outstanding mysteries in evolutionary biology. Evidence of early representatives of all the major animal phyla first appear abruptly in the Cambrian (starting 542 million years ago). This spectacular morphological diversity contrasts strongly with Precambrian deposits, which have yielded a sparse fossil record with small, morphologically ambiguous trace fossils or the enigmatic but elegant creatures of the Ediacaran fauna. Following the Cambrian, despite a rich fossil record that documents impressive morphological diversification among animals, no new body plans have been revealed, leaving the Cambrian as the apparent crucible of metazoan body plan innovation.
Lowe agrees, then, that it was an explosion, that all the animaly phyla appear abruptly, and that the few Precambrian fossils (including the “enigmatic” Ediacarans) are not ancestral to the Cambrian animals. So what, then, is the evolutionists’ response to this “outstanding mystery” that Darwin wrote about 154 years ago? Lowe is not helpful to the Darwin side:“The range of hypotheses proposed to explain the Cambrian explosion is as diverse and broad as the fossils they seek to explain.”
- See more at: http://crev.info/2013/06/cambrian-explosion-e...
As for dating methods...articles such as the one found here...
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/9...
Certainly cause my eyebrows to raise.
It isn't retarded to question science...it's shallow and close-minded not to.
So... the dating method is cool when we're talking about the cambrian explosion because you can twist that to support your ID hypothesis. 500 million years sure is a long time, where's your objection to their measurements? Surely the cambrian explosion took place roughly 10k years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Phooey 650,482
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Justice Leaguer 56,104
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min WasteWater 106,072
why have black people got no history? (Apr '11) 51 min Tombo 7
You can't get electricuted sticking a key in an... (Nov '09) 55 min Sparky 4
Pakistani cuckold needs help!!! (Dec '13) 1 hr uzair 6
Muhammad's numerical value is 666 1 hr Truthiness 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Happy Lesbo 182,949
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 11 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web