Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#634551 Jun 30, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me put it this way. I would have been inclined to believe if some really next level knowledge was shared, i.e. If the deity in questiongave the people the equation for gravity. Or relativity. Or string theory, something like that. No religion can boast anything like this.
What also would have made me believe is an accurate account of the creation of the universe, world and mankind. I am nkt saying Genesis one should have been the big bang theory, followed by abiogenesis and evolution. Instead, a much simpler version, but still in line. Also, no religion can claim this.
Lastly, milllions of people believes in your god, yes. But just as many believe in Allah. Does this mean Allah can also be a true deity? But... What about the people NOT believing in your deity? 5 billion people on this planet does not believe in Jesus. Does majority rule count against it?
Now, something to bake your noodle. What about ancient times? Predating Christianity? When people worshipped Zeus? Was he the true deity when people were worshipping him? How about Odin? Vishnu? Ra? El?
Majority rule is a very risky argument. The not popular is not always right. To assume that is kind of like counting 1000 VW hatchbacks for every Lamborghini you see on the road. Because VW Golf is a mlre popular buy, is it a more desirable car?
More affordable, which makes more desirable, and thus popular. But more importantly, less financial risk and therefore more utilitarian. Lambos started out as tractors, but you don't want to drive one off the pavement now. Also less inclination of the owner to take up two spaces in a crowded parking garage, thereby less inclination of others to key it.

Lambos appeal to elitists.

If life's road is kind of rough and you need a friend, Jesus is much cheaper and utilitarian than a psychiatrist, drugs, a bar, or a Lamborghini, neither of which ever fixes the problem. A Jesus has a higher customer satisfaction rating.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#634552 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I may agree with you but this doesn't say it's ok for me to try to fill giant gaping holes up with their bodies women children and all.
I think that most on the far right are self-righteous.

Case in point: My own, dear people.

White South Africans implemented Apartheid. Truth be told, it was not evil to begin with, it was not meant to be evil. But they certainly abused their power and for many years, they grossly violated the rights of everyone with a darker skin.

Today, many of my own dear people will tell you how much better things were during Apartheid, how schools would receive books and crime was low. How they are "god's people" and all kinds off horse shite that just makes me sick.

Sure, the Jews have skeletons in their closet. But to think as a group they are any worse than my people... Methinks not.

You of course would know that you in the USA also have some bad skeletons in the closet, since giving smallpox blankets to the Native Americans. And how many self-righteous assholes have you got?

Ah and the Brits, the Brits. Where to start? Only nation I know of to commit a genocide and not even acknowledge it.

Every culture has made its own mistakes andat some point, violated someone's rights. Sometimes, it gets as bad as the Holocaust, Rape of Nanking, Russian Attrocities, etc. But a pattern that I have noticed, is that those that are on the (often extreme) right, are the those who tend to make light of human rights violations. I see that here, with those loons saying hlw great everything was during Apartheid. You can probably see the same thing with Bible-belters often being the biggest racistsand bigots.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#634553 Jun 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Dangerous Brainwashed Godbots List:
(most likely to gleefully commit atrocities for their imaginary friend)
True Bullshit
Porta Potty
Gee, Pomona, what about those of us that would do it as a public service?
Bongo

United States

#634554 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So, no answer? Not surprising.
Hey Nano, how bout a roll in the hay?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#634555 Jun 30, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me put it this way. I would have been inclined to believe if some really next level knowledge was shared, i.e. If the deity in questiongave the people the equation for gravity. Or relativity. Or string theory, something like that. No religion can boast anything like this.
What also would have made me believe is an accurate account of the creation of the universe, world and mankind. I am nkt saying Genesis one should have been the big bang theory, followed by abiogenesis and evolution. Instead, a much simpler version, but still in line. Also, no religion can claim this.
Lastly, milllions of people believes in your god, yes. But just as many believe in Allah. Does this mean Allah can also be a true deity? But... What about the people NOT believing in your deity? 5 billion people on this planet does not believe in Jesus. Does majority rule count against it?
Now, something to bake your noodle. What about ancient times? Predating Christianity? When people worshipped Zeus? Was he the true deity when people were worshipping him? How about Odin? Vishnu? Ra? El?
Majority rule is a very risky argument. The not popular is not always right. To assume that is kind of like counting 1000 VW hatchbacks for every Lamborghini you see on the road. Because VW Golf is a mlre popular buy, is it a more desirable car?
Who really has an accurate account of the creation of mankind, the world, the universe? Genesis may not, but science doesn't either. Certainly the Big Bang followed by abiogenesis doesn't. When has science ever proven that life spontaneously arises from non-living matter? It hasn't, hence that theory is just as absurd as the non-believer in God believes the Genesis account might be. Science gives us all these theories and insist that we are relatives to the apes, yet it cannot tell us where the apes came from. Science insists that man evolved from walking on all fours to the erect form of intelligent man we have today..What I find amazing is that if you do a timeline of biblical events, you'll find that Adam and Eve appeared at the same time science tells us cro-magnon man appeared. It's quite the mystery to me that men of ancient times could leave written evidence of the beginning of mankind that matches up perfectly with the timeline of the erect man that the scientific world , with all it's gadgets and technology, has given us. I don't have a clue what the truth is...but I know what I believe and I have no more of a problem believing it than I have believing what science gives me.

To assume that science is always right, because that's what people usually do, is to deny yourself the knowledge that there simply is more out there. Popular belief isn't why I believe...although I am sure that is the case for many. For quite some time, I didn't believe at all, but on my journey to disprove God, I found life.:)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#634556 Jun 30, 2013
ReligionMustDie wrote:
<quoted text>
He is still Caucasian though. Those are two nationalities you speak of.
Anyways, Good On You for making the right decision.
Did your mother or father that chose to love a black [descendant of African-American slave] live inb the Ghetto??
Most of the white participants have no choice but to live a life of welfare and section-8 for what they have done.
A lot of them [Caucasian black breeders] die an early death due to complications of drinking to much jungle juice and using drugs
That must be why Obama hates whites so much, that horrible life at Harvard and being raised by generous white grandparents...
Yep, that must be where his ghetto hatred of whitey comes from, not from the black kin who abandoned him.

That's sarcasm, tardwad.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#634557 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The universe cannot reach absolute zero.
Did I say it could? Ground state isn't an absolute, if it was it would have zero potential. The ground state is simply the lowest possible vibrational energy state for any system or energy.
ZPE is the condition that existed in the singularity before t=0
So in reality, our reality the ground state, is a false ground state.
The true ground state is impossible, which is likely what you confused me as saying. Existence and absolute zero is impossible.

Location hidden

#634558 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, uh....
All them white babies in the black hood's are messin things up.....
LMMFAO!!!!!
... fo sho, dude.

Location hidden

#634559 Jun 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
I have nothing against religion being taught as mythology. Or literature.
Except for the one you share with River Nymph, of course.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#634560 Jun 30, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that most on the far right are self-righteous.
Case in point: My own, dear people.
White South Africans implemented Apartheid. Truth be told, it was not evil to begin with, it was not meant to be evil. But they certainly abused their power and for many years, they grossly violated the rights of everyone with a darker skin.
Today, many of my own dear people will tell you how much better things were during Apartheid, how schools would receive books and crime was low. How they are "god's people" and all kinds off horse shite that just makes me sick.
Sure, the Jews have skeletons in their closet. But to think as a group they are any worse than my people... Methinks not.
You of course would know that you in the USA also have some bad skeletons in the closet, since giving smallpox blankets to the Native Americans. And how many self-righteous assholes have you got?
Ah and the Brits, the Brits. Where to start? Only nation I know of to commit a genocide and not even acknowledge it.
Every culture has made its own mistakes andat some point, violated someone's rights. Sometimes, it gets as bad as the Holocaust, Rape of Nanking, Russian Attrocities, etc. But a pattern that I have noticed, is that those that are on the (often extreme) right, are the those who tend to make light of human rights violations. I see that here, with those loons saying hlw great everything was during Apartheid. You can probably see the same thing with Bible-belters often being the biggest racistsand bigots.
You are a wise beyond your years youngster, The USA is a monster with a sugar coating. The people don't mean it to be, but our species is without a doubt.

We humans want and try to do better, if there is any faith in the world. This is where it should be placed. In our eventual actually becoming better for all of us, from Aborigine to Icelander alike.

Location hidden

#634561 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all men if color, Aura.
I'm mixed between beige, red & butt ass white.
I vary between creamy, tawny and mauve based on location and seasoning...

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#634562 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Your grip on your persona is slipping.
Your profile says you belong to no man. Have you been reading The Odyssey?
Dont start with me, chickenshit. Just because I agree with you dont mean I'll go off on you either.

I do have a man. That notion in my profile that says I dont is outdated. I started this profile over a month ago.

Anaheim, California

#634564 Jun 30, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
The desires are not illegal.
Child molestation is legal???

In what universe?
Rush

Nebraska City, NE

#634565 Jun 30, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because you're a plain man, get it? No one dates you!
Back with your gay fantasies again? Good for you!

Location hidden

#634566 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text> they had some very intelligent members..
You said "members"....

xD

Location hidden

#634567 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Child molestation is legal???
In what universe?
Border inspectors take bribes to allow child sex trafficking all across this world. Australia is the safest place for kids concerning abduction, subjection and expiration of the product.

Location hidden

#634568 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont start with me, chickenshit. Just because I agree with you dont mean I'll go off on you either.
I do have a man. That notion in my profile that says I dont is outdated. I started this profile over a month ago.
Bring it, Clementine.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#634569 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
More affordable, which makes more desirable, and thus popular. But more importantly, less financial risk and therefore more utilitarian. Lambos started out as tractors, but you don't want to drive one off the pavement now. Also less inclination of the owner to take up two spaces in a crowded parking garage, thereby less inclination of others to key it.
Lambos appeal to elitists.
If life's road is kind of rough and you need a friend, Jesus is much cheaper and utilitarian than a psychiatrist, drugs, a bar, or a Lamborghini, neither of which ever fixes the problem. A Jesus has a higher customer satisfaction rating.
Affordibility does not increase desirability. I don't know one man on this planet who would cite his favourite car as a VW Golf. It is cheaper for me to spend a vacation at home, rather than visit Mauritius. That does not make a vacation at my house any more desirable than a vacation at Mauritius.

Also, I am not so sure about the higher success rate of accepting Jesus. What I do see is many confused people given false hope. I see people relapsing in their old ways, and then hating themselves because their 'sin' made Jesus not help them

Anaheim, California

#634570 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You said "members"....
xD
Aura Mythra is talking to you. Go be an a ss hole to someone else, and get back to the convo you and Aura was having.:)

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#634571 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You repeatably demonstrated you have a Nazi.
Gott mit uns!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 39,070
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 3 min jasiEL 247
Play "end of the word" part 2 6 min andet1987 1,755
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 9 min Johnny 210
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min true observation 618,459
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 35 min ted 1,583
Ayo yang di bogor 1 hr WasteWater 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Catholic24 642,149
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 104,793
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web