Prove there's a god.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#634521 Jun 30, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hola TSI! Hope you are well.
Just a note. Love (or firm ties) can't be proven, but it can be implied. If a person is found dead (lets assume a homicide is suspected), detectives very early on, turn their focus on the spouse. If there was evidence of a loving relationship, long walks on the beach, going away together, and testimony from friends and family, it can be suggested that the spouses loved each other (this does not mean they are not guilty, though). But if the relationship was earmarked by abuse, cheating, jealousy, threats of murder, etc, then it can be suggested that the spouses did not have a very firm relationship. Note that this also does not mean he or she is guilty, but it does focus the attention of the police.
Although there is no scientific way to measure love, make no mistake, very strong cases for it can be made, and can count as evidence in even the highest court
Hey there DF! Hope all is well with you also! I agree, the exclusion of scientific evidence does not confirm that love does not exist. in the same way, the exclusion of scientific evidence of God does not confirm there isn't one. I think if we can count long walks on the beach and testimony from friends of a loving relationship between two people as strong evidence that love exists, then surely the millions of people who believe in a god or God...along with the written scribes of men from thousands of years ago could also be considered as strong evidence to support the reality of God...I mean that seems fairly reasonable at best.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#634522 Jun 30, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauss was once a great scientist, but now he's just a cheap salesman. He titled his book "A universe from nothing", just to stir curiosity and make people buy his. And people bought it only to see that he simply redefines what "nothing" is.
And this is the kind of debates he gets himself into:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =30zFOb65KQoXX
"If they love each other, I'll have to think about it"! Haha!
He's just trying to make money with a book. The title is a real attention grabber but he tends to ramble and basically admits that he's merely grasping at straws and full of crap. Myth's article certainly wasn't as flattering to Krauss as he seems to think it was.

“I speak my mind”

#634523 Jun 30, 2013
JKX wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a revelation I doubt this one will ever know..
Atheists carry much weight throughout life..
yes, atheist do carry "much weight throughout life"...me...my load is light and I rather like it that way!:)
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#634524 Jun 30, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#634525 Jun 30, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You put RR on top of the list! Damnit! I wanted to be on the top!
Oh well, at least I beat Dave. Suck on that Dave! Haha :)
:-)

Doesn't faze me. I'm not the competitive type. Takes too much energy in the scuffling.

I'm quite satisfied with just being right almost all of the time from watching the players.

“I speak my mind”

#634526 Jun 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to your Christian brainwashing, there's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of design or a designer. If the universe and life on earth had been designed then there would be overwhelming evidence of design and absolutely none exists.
A religiously retarded imbecile's willful ignorance of science and personal delusions aren't proof of their imaginary friends just their own cowardice in vehemently refusing to objectively study the historical and scientific evidence in contradiction to their indoctrination.
You're delusional not spiritual and should stop trying to rationalize your mental illness on an international forum!
What's up PA? My dear friend...you can change your name but your style follows you! I truly hope you have found a reason to smile! I am not brain washed, delusional, or rationalizing...I simply believe in something more beautiful than your scientific reasoning can deal with! Smile sweets and enjoy life...you only get one shot at it...why waste it hating?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#634527 Jun 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong! Brainwashed Christian fundies are inevitably homophobic piles of shit without any socially redeemable qualities although only a small percentage are as revolting as this complete waste of a sperm cell who'll never be man enough to leave the false security of his barbaric religious cult with ignorance, intolerance and violence inciting dogma.
LMFAO glad to see that's all you dispute.

Location hidden

#634528 Jun 30, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You can refer to your imaginary friend using whatever terms you desire, but there's absolutely no scientific evidence that life and non-life was created by a "conscious and intelligent" source. Your personal delusions aren't "reasonable".
But yours ARE? Show the world that you know, beyond a doubt, what caused the universe to "be".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#634529 Jun 30, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauss was once a great scientist, but now he's just a cheap salesman. He titled his book "A universe from nothing", just to stir curiosity and make people buy his. And people bought it only to see that he simply redefines what "nothing" is.
And this is the kind of debates he gets himself into:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =30zFOb65KQoXX
"If they love each other, I'll have to think about it"! Haha!
Krauss wants to cash in on that Dawkins/Harris/Hitchens money train.
That's what the issue is in a nutshell,the deceptive use of the word "nothing".

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#634530 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt say the library was burned down by Germans,. Can you read??? I said the "German" victors and record keepers were not really German, but Jews with mostly Polish and German last names. THEN I said to him why is he supporting the same crooks, Judeo-Christians, who burned down the library in Alexandria. I'm sick of people on here acting like they know more than me or know everything. And what the f uck makes you think I support "free-speech"? Free-speech is about as much bulls hit as a purple unicorn. There is no free-speech, because if there was I wouldn't have loads of idiots replying to me like I'm not supposed to say or "believe" the Holocaust was a lie. I don't give a f uck if denying the Holocaust is punishable. And speaking of that, if the Holocaust is true, then why the f uck do they lock people up who question it? Because they have something to hide.
Why is it so difficult for YOU to grasp that a large number of people were not killed? Oh because you're a politically correct liberal self-contradicting nutjob sheep who'll eat up anything the media dole's out to his poor little brain.
Piss off.
There is free speech but we consider it an abuse to use it to deliver lies. Any one projecting known false information is delivering lies.By the people's own admissions at the Nuremberg war trials large numbers of people were killed, not one two or three peoples admission, dozens and even hundreds of people who did these things admitted it . So you can't say they were forced to lie, besides the dozens of admissions years later.
You are knowingly lying...or a blaring idiot.
I don't think you're an idiot.

Location hidden

#634531 Jun 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We have done it in a lab, all we're looking for is how it could happen in nature.
Nope, they used already existing "life", cells and replaced one kind of DNA for another. They did not "create" NEW life from *nonlife*.

Why do you keep trying to twist articles to prove something that you want them to?

Jeez, female hormones are not helping your thought processes, dude. Lose the skirt, HRT and live real.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#634532 Jun 30, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews are more arrogant and self-righteous than anybody!
Thinking they are "God's chosen people" and that all goyims are evil, most specifically they think this of white people.
The kikes don't give a f uck about you. So why do you for them so much?
Like I said because you must be a Jew.

I may agree with you but this doesn't say it's ok for me to try to fill giant gaping holes up with their bodies women children and all.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#634533 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That article does not prove that "something cam from nothing". FYI, there is no such thing as a naturally occurring vacuum in space.
Krauss speaks of nothing as if he knows it exists somewhere in this universe, so, ergo, we must have come from nothing. Show me nothing. Scientists once thought that nothing existed between the stars but now they now better. They may find that there is a whole new reality lying below planck level measurement.
http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-pos...
What "lies between", in the cracks, IOWs, is where the answers to questions of creation exists.

When a physicist says "nothing" they mean the "ground state", and that is a potential. So "nothing" is an appearance not a condition.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#634534 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There is free speech but we consider it an abuse to use it to deliver lies. Any one projecting known false information is delivering lies.By the people's own admissions at the Nuremberg war trials large numbers of people were killed, not one two or three peoples admission, dozens and even hundreds of people who did these things admitted it . So you can't say they were forced to lie, besides the dozens of admissions years later.
You are knowingly lying...or a blaring idiot.
I don't think you're an idiot.
BAAAAAAAA sheep.

Stfu and go finish following the rest of the herd. No grass here for you.:)

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#634535 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I may agree with you but this doesn't say it's ok for me to try to fill giant gaping holes up with their bodies women children and all.
Whatever.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#634536 Jun 30, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there DF! Hope all is well with you also! I agree, the exclusion of scientific evidence does not confirm that love does not exist. in the same way, the exclusion of scientific evidence of God does not confirm there isn't one. I think if we can count long walks on the beach and testimony from friends of a loving relationship between two people as strong evidence that love exists, then surely the millions of people who believe in a god or God...along with the written scribes of men from thousands of years ago could also be considered as strong evidence to support the reality of God...I mean that seems fairly reasonable at best.
Let me put it this way. I would have been inclined to believe if some really next level knowledge was shared, i.e. If the deity in questiongave the people the equation for gravity. Or relativity. Or string theory, something like that. No religion can boast anything like this.

What also would have made me believe is an accurate account of the creation of the universe, world and mankind. I am nkt saying Genesis one should have been the big bang theory, followed by abiogenesis and evolution. Instead, a much simpler version, but still in line. Also, no religion can claim this.

Lastly, milllions of people believes in your god, yes. But just as many believe in Allah. Does this mean Allah can also be a true deity? But... What about the people NOT believing in your deity? 5 billion people on this planet does not believe in Jesus. Does majority rule count against it?

Now, something to bake your noodle. What about ancient times? Predating Christianity? When people worshipped Zeus? Was he the true deity when people were worshipping him? How about Odin? Vishnu? Ra? El?

Majority rule is a very risky argument. The not popular is not always right. To assume that is kind of like counting 1000 VW hatchbacks for every Lamborghini you see on the road. Because VW Golf is a mlre popular buy, is it a more desirable car?

Location hidden

#634537 Jun 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sweat it, these Topix hAtheists have a short attention span.
(Notice Mythic Idiot only read and responded to the first line....?)
Classic Mythic.

xD

Sounds like a better avatar to me.

Location hidden

#634538 Jun 30, 2013
ReligionMustDie wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are glad that you are no longer an African-American because as you well know, the new immigration policy as well as the 50,000,000 plus Mexicans and Latino's are going to take precedence over them.
Not only that, but have a look ee at this...
http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_1_blacks_...
http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/01/black-n...
A new time is coming and the African--Americans are not part of it.
Be glad that you have begun the process of turning White!
More proof that you are nuts.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#634539 Jun 30, 2013
True Bullshit wrote:
You put RR on top of the list! Damnit! I wanted to be on the top!
Most Dangerous Brainwashed Godbots List:
(most likely to gleefully commit atrocities for their imaginary friend)

True Bullshit
Porta Potty
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#634540 Jun 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Believing what we do, or don't, is a right and your rants will not change that.
Freedom of speech shouldn't protect religious brainwashing and an international ban on all religious cults is inevitable, freak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 3 min Johnny 4,096
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min DENG 38,343
Play "end of the word" part 2 10 min Al Capone 1,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Regina 641,466
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min DebraE 104,651
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Joe Fortuna 38,048
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Peace_Warrior 618,383
More from around the web