Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#634122 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
A sound concept, but now how is it possible to effectively initiate this plan. Remember, you will have to eradicate religion worldwide simultaneously. GL with that.
If 9-11 didn't spark an international ban on ALL religious cults then I can only imagine what horrific event will.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#634123 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the butch lesbians and transgenders!
bigotry is not flattery

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#634124 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if you can demonstrate one without the other, you have a point.
*roll-eyes-back at you*
Let me clarify , a mind cannot exist without a brain.
But you could try to say a brain can exist that does not have a mind, but then you are talking about a damaged brain.
I am yet to encounter a mind without a brain.
Jesus Christ of the Nazareth...

How can a mind not exist without the brain?

Where do you think the mind comes from?

The mind is a nonphysical entity that is incorporated into the brain as soon as a fetus is born. But where does the mind come from when the fetus is born? Just because you dont know where it comes from doesnt mean it never existed before it came into the brain. This is my philosophy on this matter, this matter which is metempsychosis, or the migration of the "soul"/Ego/mind into a new physical body.

This is why scientists need to incorporate some philosophy into their reasoning, because they see everything as black and white and too linear, thus rendering them ignorant.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#634125 Jun 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As an educated and worldly man of the world, so very hip and in the know, and a faithful devotee of science and the "real" stuff, tell us how these "feelings" can be initiated by a "mind" created by and in parallel with a physical body bound by the laws of physics?
What physical forces can initiate those "feelings"? Drugs are not allowed as an answer. People have had these without them. If it is chemicals in the brain, what causes the emissions of them? Particularly if one is in an idle state physically and mentally?
Infinite regress as applied to emotions?

I must say, your slow descent into lunacy does make for some excellent entertainment.

What is your question? Are you asking me how emotions work?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#634126 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
The glory of Thor?
Lmao you really are ignorant.
This is why it is a good idea to not speak on something you know nothing about.
Irminists, or "Pagans" as the Christians call him, didn't look at their gods the same way Christians did. They did not sit back and hope. They believed in action and saw their gods as metaphors and representations of themselves.
Poe poe poe poe. Goodness gracious.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#634127 Jun 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes without saying that your ignorance of Christianity and your cult's delusion of eternal life is astounding, punk.
http://www.christianity.org.uk/index.php/eter...
You stupid ass, read the FIRST SENTENCE!

"Death is not the end"

We all die, moron.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#634128 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ballroom dance? Beautiful Guiters? Nothing wrong about it, and it doesn't make one emasculated necessarily, but it is telling of you that you have occupations more regarded as feminine.
Ballet?
You don't have to shovel horseshit and spit like a man or act like a gorilla to be a masculine man.
Haven't you ever heard of the ultimate apex predator being also ....... a gentleman. It's an evolved and refinement of the rough edges, something you may not understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#634129 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Dude, you only don't believe in Thor because you've never really felt his glory.

Stop moving the goalposts.
Seriously though - bad analogy. The object would not be to show someone what jealousy feels like, only that it exists. Proving it's existence would be quite easy. Exhibit A - car door. Exhibit B - millions of gashes in car door. We can infer feeling from behavior, we can infer feeling from self reports, etc. The existence of jealousy is not in question.
Oh? So the debts in the car door demonstrate jealousy?!

WTF?

Explain the feeling of jealousy to me. Go.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#634130 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a mere mortal, such as yourself, ever grasp the full extent of Double Fines manliness? How does one describe the indescribable? How does one define perfection? How can one person ever comprehend the full extent of Double Fine's awesomeness?
Did you know that it took five women three days to deliver Double Fine? Did you know that Double Fine built the very house he was born into? Did you know that when Double Fine rides into a town, all women fall pregnant, just through Double Fine's closeness? Did you know that when Double Fine calls on the Devil... The Devil answers him with 'sir'!?
You shall never understand, mortal
Um, Im calling BS on this one.
You forgot

Kingdoms quelled
Riots disbursed
Nymphomania cured
Wars Ended
And my personal specialty.
Orgasms Guaranteed

Anaheim, California

#634131 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Software, does your head have a usb port?
You are trying to say the mind is content, but there is no content without the brain. The two are inseparable , unless you have met some headless people who are great conversationalists , I have to disagree with you. Even If I think you are a sweet person
(when you're not angry). But you see things differently than us ...that's ok you're not (insert word here) because of it.
You need to read about Gilbert Ryle's "Ghost in the machine".

To think software doesnt exist until it is incorporated into hardware is ignorant.

Sure we think differently, but you are trying to come off as like you know everything, and are afraid to admit it because you dont want your ego shattered.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#634132 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>And you too should be ashamed of being feminine!

I used to post as largelanguage, btw.
So now you're stupid in TWO names.

Anaheim, California

#634133 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Poe poe poe poe. Goodness gracious.
Your mockery of what I posted as fact is proof of your ignorance.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#634134 Jun 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
If 9-11 didn't spark an international ban on ALL religious cults then I can only imagine what horrific event will.
I hereby ban all religious fundamentalism!
Violators will be sent to a FEMA camp near you!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Location hidden

#634135 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ of the Nazareth...
How can a mind not exist without the brain?
Where do you think the mind comes from?
The mind is a nonphysical entity that is incorporated into the brain as soon as a fetus is born. But where does the mind come from when the fetus is born? Just because you dont know where it comes from doesnt mean it never existed before it came into the brain. This is my philosophy on this matter, this matter which is metempsychosis, or the migration of the "soul"/Ego/mind into a new physical body.
This is why scientists need to incorporate some philosophy into their reasoning, because they see everything as black and white and too linear, thus rendering them ignorant.

Neural brain tissue and it's network , are the first thing that starts forming in a fetus, or more correctly before it's even a fetus in the Zygote.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#634136 Jun 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that the same?

If a toddler tells you that love can't exist because they've never felt it, you'd have to go along with it?!

O_o

Oh, I watched Through the Wormhole last night, that episode we talked about. I thought it was pretty stupid. Full of empty conjecture and false ideas with nothing to back them up. I always LOL when I hear a "scientist" make a prediction about something, like that first lady did - the one with the blocks - that there will eventually be no Y chromosome ..... "in 500 million years".

Stupid.
Yeah.

Because you're so much smarter and have done so much research.

I know there's no god.

Here's where you tell me I'm a liar.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#634137 Jun 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks outright banning wil serve the opposite of what we want to achieve. During my time as a Christian (yes, even Dounle Fine was a death denying cultist at some stage), I learnt how certain religions thrive under banishment. The reason, IMHO, is martyrdom. People feel they are being made martyrs and uses that to strengthen the faith of their comrades.

What do I suggest? I think that religion is dying. The theology is definitely weakening. Three hundred years ago, if you and I denied the Genesis account, we would have either been fitted with cement tennis shoes and taken for a swim, or get the noose.

Today, much of that has changed. Christianity is incorporating all the more humanistic ideas. The other day, I read a piece by a church leader in a prominent church here, saying that he believes there are many ways to 'god'.

Now, it is still wrong, but their theology is being diluted and I believe in but a few generations, it may die off completely.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#634138 Jun 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read lots of poems.
Perhaps in your being mesmerized by that book you are losing sight of just what it says.
So you have not read the Quran. You cannot comment on something you have not read dude.

To read a few poems, and then to infer that all are the same, is just laziness. It's fine to be lazy at times, but then you cannot comment on something you are too lazy to read.

Anaheim, California

#634139 Jun 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dont get me started on the real reason why 9-11 happened...

...but I wont, because I'll be accused of being a nutjob with a tin-foil hat on, or better yet, a terrorist.
LineDazzle

Saint Asaph, UK

#634140 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
I'm strictly d ickly thank you very much.
I think like him in terms of intelligence, not sexually.
You're deliberately just trying to be an a sshole.
Double Fine is a male, you are a female, if you think like him, that makes you butch.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#634141 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Im calling BS on this one.
You forgot
Kingdoms quelled
Riots disbursed
Nymphomania cured
Wars Ended
And my personal specialty.
Orgasms Guaranteed
Lol Double Fibe did not mention those traits... Out of humility

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min USA Born 584,184
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Jac 442,868
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min AN NFL FAN 121,654
..........."What's your name??.........." 28 min Senecus 14
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min truth 611,851
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 39 min thertruth 9,322
Doctor REALITY'S personal music favorites!!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr Good-Evil 3,451
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 hr karvinman 176,528
More from around the web