“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#633813 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean I think that's what some of you believe. I think you use the absurdity of thinking of God as a skydaddy, sky wizard, magic man in the clouds, et al to help you think that your beliefs are justified.
Some of you.
The rest, well you're prolly right. They think that's what Christians believe. But if that were true, why do no Christians think that way?
The reason for that, I suspect, is the lack of (good) defintion of "god". I was a Christian and it boggled my mind how different churches would see thks deity and talk about its "character" and its "will".

"God" is a very, very broad term, and the religious are not helping, due to the diversity of their beliefs. Do an experiment. Go to your church and hear the preacher talk about God's message, as interpreted from a certain verse
then go to another church, and hear how they perceive the character of this deity.

We simply make it simple. We do not believe in any god. Not on the clouds, not in the sky, not in heaven, or anywhere.

Then, your deity is claimed to have abilities to directly manipulate the natural order. Things like the burning bush, the long day of Joshua, tje Red Sea parting, Jesus commanding the storm to subside, the very Creation of the earth, sea and heavens. None of these are demonstratable. None of these can even be theorised to be even remotely accurate. All those mentioned are against the natural order. What better word than "magic" to describe it?
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633814 Jun 28, 2013
RetardedRiversideRedneck wrote:
Answer the damn question you little coward.
Your question has been answered which you'd understand if you weren't mentally retarded.

As a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to accept your mortality like a rational adult, you should never ever refer to another person as "little coward".

You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your lack of reading comprehension skills and self-degrading projection, punk.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#633815 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence for that assertion.
You already did...
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633816 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
You are right Nazism was Christianity on steroids.
I'm glad we found something we can agree on! Christianity stole from many religions. No, I haven't studied Irminism specifically.

Location hidden

#633817 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think so, huh?
Hmmm.... Ok.
Scientifically quantify jealousy.
Go.
Scientifically quantify leprechauns.

Go.

See? God isn't real.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633818 Jun 28, 2013
whack job waaasssuuup wrote:
if there's no zuch thing as antichrist, heir mythbastard, vhy are you zo very antiCHRISTian?;)
As an anti-theist, I'm opposed to all dogma based indoctrination systems which produce cults of willfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted godbots like you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#633819 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:

The reason for that, I suspect, is the lack of (good) defintion of "god". I was a Christian and it boggled my mind how different churches would see thks deity and talk about its "character" and its "will".
"God" is a very, very broad term, and the religious are not helping, due to the diversity of their beliefs. Do an experiment. Go to your church and hear the preacher talk about God's message, as interpreted from a certain verse
then go to another church, and hear how they perceive the character of this deity.
Agreed. Many people have many outlooks on what God is and how the Bible is interpreted. I stopped going to church long ago partly because of that.
We simply make it simple. We do not believe in any god. Not on the clouds, not in the sky, not in heaven, or anywhere.

I understand and I'm not gonna try converting you it anything. But what bothers me is that so many atheists act like they know what Christians are thinking.(see Sharkey)
Then, your deity is claimed to have abilities to directly manipulate the natural order. Things like the burning bush, the long day of Joshua, tje Red Sea parting, Jesus commanding the storm to subside, the very Creation of the earth, sea and heavens. None of these are demonstratable. None of these can even be theorised to be even remotely accurate. All those mentioned are against the natural order. What better word than "magic" to describe it?
They can't be theorized or demonstrated because we're nowhere near understanding God's power. Hell, we don't know how the earth was formed, we have theories but nothing today is concrete.

I think atheists call it magic for a lack of a better word, for lack of understanding & to make lower God to something silly like Santa.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633820 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You already did...
Quitter.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#633821 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>it
I'm glad we found something we can agree on! Christianity stole from many religions. No, I haven't studied Irminism specifically.
Please read works by Karl Maria Willigut, Hans Hoerbiger..

Though I know the Nazi men would kill me, they had some very intelligent members..

Go to www.burzum.org , too. The sexy man who owns the site is Varg Vikernes, he speaks about how the hodgepodge religion called "Christianity" stole from many cultures, and mostly from European Irminism.

Jesus Christ is an impersonator of the Germanic god Baldur. Ymir a parody of Satan. The Christmas tree a parody of Yggdrasil. Christmas a parody of the European Yule winter festival. Heaven a parody of Asgaard, and so on... I can post a link to his article called Ultima Thule that talks about this: http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/paganism04....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633822 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Scientifically quantify leprechauns.
Go.
See? God isn't real.
Quick, Tim, quick!! Move them goalposts because you can't answer!!

#633823 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that'd be great. But which studies will be used to confirm or debt anything? Some studies "prove" the OT is plagiarized, some studies "prove" it's not.
<quoted text>
But religion is filled with opinions and feelings, they have to be taught alongside facts.
<quoted text>
I have never stated that evolution doesn't happen, I firmly believe that it does.
What I think is hogwash is the Theory of Evolution, that all life has some mysterious, unknown common ancestor that nobody can identify but it's still taught to our youth as fact.
Opinion and feelings should be kept seperate. Why? Do you want opinions and feelings inserted when the children are taught about Islam? Buddhism? Hinduism? Satanism? Taoism? Of course not. Christianity presents exactly the same amount of evidence for the existence of its deity as the others do for theirs. It would be delivered to the class as impartial as possible.

The theories taught to children regarding ToE stands uncontested. All facts shared have more supporting evidence than you can shake a stick at. Hindreds of dissertations have been done on those very subjects. Fossil finds, radiometrically confirmed dates all coint as evidence, overwhelmingly so.
Unless somebody can take the very same facts and formulate another theory, the current theory stands.

What exactly about the ToE riles you? Is it the radiometric dating, putting the earth at 4.5 billion instead of 4.5 thousand years old? Is it the man from monkey thing?

#633824 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And I meant 'deny', not 'debt'.
I too blame the dang phone.
Tee hee the phone cannot defend itself. It is like making a dead man the scapegoat!

Location hidden

#633825 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that'd be great. But which studies will be used to confirm or debt anything? Some studies "prove" the OT is plagiarized, some studies "prove" it's not.
<quoted text>
But religion is filled with opinions and feelings, they have to be taught alongside facts.
<quoted text>
I have never stated that evolution doesn't happen, I firmly believe that it does.
What I think is hogwash is the Theory of Evolution, that all life has some mysterious, unknown common ancestor that nobody can identify but it's still taught to our youth as fact.
You understand that common ancestors are a natural consequence of evolution, right? You can't firmly believe evolution happens without acknowledging the existence of common ancestors.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633826 Jun 28, 2013
RetardedRiversideRedneck wrote:
True, but God has proven Himself to me I know He is real.
No, he hasn't!

A religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic evolution and death denying cowardly fundiseased Christian redneck godbot's personal delusions are proof of mental illness not the hideous monstrous deity of the damn bible.

The world's most feeble-minded and weak-willed godbots, such as you, mistake biochemical changes in the parietal and temporal regions of their pathetically brainwashed minds as a spiritual connection to their entirely imaginary friend.

The god delusion can be duplicated in a controlled environment. Never ever forget that rational people see right through the inane delusions of grandeur of religious cultists like you, punk.

#633827 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Many people have many outlooks on what God is and how the Bible is interpreted. I stopped going to church long ago partly because of that.
<quoted text>
I understand and I'm not gonna try converting you it anything. But what bothers me is that so many atheists act like they know what Christians are thinking.(see Sharkey)
<quoted text>
They can't be theorized or demonstrated because we're nowhere near understanding God's power. Hell, we don't know how the earth was formed, we have theories but nothing today is concrete.
I think atheists call it magic for a lack of a better word, for lack of understanding & to make lower God to something silly like Santa.
We do know how the earth was formed. We know where the matter came from. We know how the sun was formed. We know how the earth formed. We know how come the earthos round. We know why the earth's composition is what it is. We know why it orbits and rotates. We know how the moon was formed and how come it stays at (roughly) a constant distance.

These are actual events we can describe, without the help of a deity. Why do we need to make up one?

Location hidden

#633828 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Quitter.
They watched televangelists, you don't.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633829 Jun 28, 2013
Doctorate in INSANITY wrote:
There are BILLIONS of human beings and animals on earth, in male and female, and yet atheists want...proof...that the Lord Jesus Christ is....REAL. uh, yeah, right.
You REALLY are the most completely brainwashed and dangerously delusional religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic evolution and death denying fundiseased Christian redneck gotbot in the history of topix and should spend the rest of your absolutely worthless life confined to a mental institution, you stark raving mad insane lunatic...yeah right!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633830 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion and feelings should be kept seperate. Why? Do you want opinions and feelings inserted when the children are taught about Islam? Buddhism? Hinduism? Satanism? Taoism? Of course not. Christianity presents exactly the same amount of evidence for the existence of its deity as the others do for theirs. It would be delivered to the class as impartial as possible.
The theories taught to children regarding ToE stands uncontested. All facts shared have more supporting evidence than you can shake a stick at. Hindreds of dissertations have been done on those very subjects. Fossil finds, radiometrically confirmed dates all coint as evidence, overwhelmingly so.
Unless somebody can take the very same facts and formulate another theory, the current theory stands.
What exactly about the ToE riles you? Is it the radiometric dating, putting the earth at 4.5 billion instead of 4.5 thousand years old? Is it the man from monkey thing?
It's the life from non-life thing.

The mysterious, unknown common ancestor thing.

The suppositions, assertions and outright guesses involved in ToE.

I'm no creationist, DF. I know the earth is older than 6,000 years. I know that many atheists and creationists battle endlessly on forums like this and you gotta know I'm neither one. I believe in creation through evolution, basically that God got us started and we took over from there.

Unless science can demonstrate that my belief is false, I'll always have that belief.

Location hidden

#633831 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, Tim, quick!! Move them goalposts because you can't answer!!
I wasn't moving any goal posts, and I wasn't a part of the original discussion. I was trying to demonstrate to you your posting style - you ask for proof of something tangentially (at best) related to the topic at hand, and then claim that the supposed lack of proof for it suggests the existence of god.

Example - "Prove you have emotions. You can't (even though we can). See? God."

My post should have ended "see, god does exist."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633832 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You understand that common ancestors are a natural consequence of evolution, right? You can't firmly believe evolution happens without acknowledging the existence of common ancestors.
Ya, I understand that. Totally. I know that most creationists will argue about this, but I don't. I understand that the evidence shows man & ape have a common ancestor. So what?

My contention is the universal common ancestor, the first one.

IF ToE is correct and all species have common ancestors through natural selection, then logic would dictate that there's a first.

Where is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 269,048
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min Loveismygoal 971
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 8 min andet1987 1,643
When will Bill de Blasio fulfill promise for Mu... 10 min allahs bark 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min June VanDerMark 574,359
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 27 min Classic 2,012
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 1 hr Ed Teach 130
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 608,271
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 3 hr perfect massage r... 206
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 13 hr Jon 19
More from around the web