Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#633803 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You atheists say you can't prove a negative.
How am I to prove that something is not nothing?
Woooosh.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#633804 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>They were slightly more indoctrinated than you.
Provide evidence for that assertion.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#633805 Jun 28, 2013
Jeezus. Produced. Not preduced.

Sorry for typos. I blame the phone

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633806 Jun 28, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, no, no, no, don't even try that old pretzel logic again.
Yes, Christians do think that way. "God in heaven" DOES mean "god in the sky."
Fine.

Find me ONE Christian that thinks that way.

Location hidden

#633807 Jun 28, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, when one doesn't believe in God that means they believe God does not exist. If you acted completely indifferent to the notion of God then I might believe you actually lacked a belief in God. You're the farthest thing from 'completely indifferent'. So yea, you do have beliefs.
<quoted text>Why is reality such a mystery? Why do we not have any absolute reference points, scientifically or philosophically? Why can't we just know everything there is to know?
If I didn't live in a society completely saturated with the trappings of god belief, I would be completely indifferent to it. If my money said "in dracula we trust," you might find me here arguing against the historical veracity of count dracula's castle.

Your last bit is a long winded version of "god works in mysterious ways," and as such, it means nothing.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633808 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
It's atheistic extremists like you that keep up this pointless war between science and religion.
Actually, it's the perpetuators of the greatest hoax of all time who are keeping up the war against logic and reason. Organized religion is big business. F uck you, a sshole!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633809 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Going to reply to your post in two bits here.
First. No teaching of opinions. Only cold hard facts. Who really wrote the gospels, etc. What archeological evidence have been found to support claims, who compiled the Bible as we know ot today, who did translations, etc.
Well that'd be great. But which studies will be used to confirm or debt anything? Some studies "prove" the OT is plagiarized, some studies "prove" it's not.
Absolutely no opinion. It should be as factual as an account of the Cold War, the Black struggle during Apartheid, or the happenings before and after the Congress of Wenen.
But religion is filled with opinions and feelings, they have to be taught alongside facts.
2. Evolution is the largest body of work mankind has ever preduced. It incorporates dozens of fields. It incorporates thousands of dissertations. It incorporates millions of hypotheses. It incorporates tens of millions of observations.
99% of people who has a problem accepting the ToE, have very little education/aptitude for any kind of natural science.
You can do an experiment if you like. Ask most of the anti-evolution guys on here, people like Yellowdog, bossdrop, response, Dr Shrink, etc a simple question. Ask them why the moon is drawn to earth by gravity, but does not smash into the earth? I will bet they have never heard the term "angular momentum" ever before. I bet they would not be able to answer that question. In fact, I would not expect them to pass a seventh grade physics paper.
Now this is significant. For the masses of people knowing nothing of physics, biology, etc, it is quite easy for a loon like Hovind, Ken Ham, or Answers in Genesis to convince them that evolution is all made up.
I would venture a guess, that of all the posters on Topix, I probably know Mesozoic fossil finds the best, with one possible exception, Fossilbob. I knlw just about everything there is to know about dinosaurs, how they lived, how they died and how we think they behaved. Why am I drawn to put so much stock into evolution, instead of Creationsism? Because, creationsism is blatantly untrue and demonstratably so.
I have never stated that evolution doesn't happen, I firmly believe that it does.

What I think is hogwash is the Theory of Evolution, that all life has some mysterious, unknown common ancestor that nobody can identify but it's still taught to our youth as fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633810 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Jeezus. Produced. Not preduced.
Sorry for typos. I blame the phone
And I meant 'deny', not 'debt'.

I too blame the dang phone.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633811 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Woooosh.
Nope. I just didn't wanna get tangled up in the game that is Catcher.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#633812 Jun 28, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You missed MY point that science and religion CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT.
Science is the light bulb that is on, but someone turned it on instead of waiting for the next person to do it, or waiting for the bulb to turn itself on somehow.
Religion is the light bulb that is off, but it's "waiting for something to turn it on" or "has faith that the light will just come on".
Like 0-0=0, a light bulb cannot be BOTH on and off at the same time.
Science does not divide up the world into camps and be the cause of war like religion does.
Science is based on observations of reality in the real world, based on that reality, not based on imagination, stories, gossip, and straight bullsh!t like religion is.
Our wars over religious bullsh!t will make our species self-extinct with the tools it invented with science.
Rationality + Irrationality still = Irrationality.
So save that "ignoramus" mark for your own self so you cantake that phony "apology" and shove it!
You're nothing but a fake.
No my apology is real. I'm not a cruel idiot like you and I refuse to sink to your level. I dont give a f uck if you aceept it or not, I still apologize.

Anyway, you have no point, because what you are saying gets you nowhere, therefore you have no point.

Science does not know everything, admit it.

Religion does not either.

They dont cancel each other out dumb a ss, they harmonize with each other like negative and positive harmonize, or like yin-yang. If you would read my article you would understand that by now, because I'm tired of repeating myself to idiots like you.

Religion is an INTUITIVE manifestation of the human psychology, and sciencce being logical. They are supposed to work hand in hand.

While radical atheistic idiots like you keep going off about science, you dont realize one of the most popular contributors to science, Albert Einstein, backs up my thesis. He said science without religion is lame, and religion without science is blind. And he also said logic can get you from point A to B but imagination can take you anywhere. You're not going to get any f ucking where in existence thinking we're just limited to this third-dimensional reality and that our only purpose is to just f uck, eat and sleep. If you think thats all we're here for, then by all means do evolution of humanity a favor a go live the f ucking woods with the cayotes, dumb fuck. You dont know everything you arrogant, ignorant son of a b itch.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#633813 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean I think that's what some of you believe. I think you use the absurdity of thinking of God as a skydaddy, sky wizard, magic man in the clouds, et al to help you think that your beliefs are justified.
Some of you.
The rest, well you're prolly right. They think that's what Christians believe. But if that were true, why do no Christians think that way?
The reason for that, I suspect, is the lack of (good) defintion of "god". I was a Christian and it boggled my mind how different churches would see thks deity and talk about its "character" and its "will".

"God" is a very, very broad term, and the religious are not helping, due to the diversity of their beliefs. Do an experiment. Go to your church and hear the preacher talk about God's message, as interpreted from a certain verse
then go to another church, and hear how they perceive the character of this deity.

We simply make it simple. We do not believe in any god. Not on the clouds, not in the sky, not in heaven, or anywhere.

Then, your deity is claimed to have abilities to directly manipulate the natural order. Things like the burning bush, the long day of Joshua, tje Red Sea parting, Jesus commanding the storm to subside, the very Creation of the earth, sea and heavens. None of these are demonstratable. None of these can even be theorised to be even remotely accurate. All those mentioned are against the natural order. What better word than "magic" to describe it?
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633814 Jun 28, 2013
RetardedRiversideRedneck wrote:
Answer the damn question you little coward.
Your question has been answered which you'd understand if you weren't mentally retarded.

As a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to accept your mortality like a rational adult, you should never ever refer to another person as "little coward".

You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your lack of reading comprehension skills and self-degrading projection, punk.

Location hidden

#633815 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence for that assertion.
You already did...
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633816 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
You are right Nazism was Christianity on steroids.
I'm glad we found something we can agree on! Christianity stole from many religions. No, I haven't studied Irminism specifically.

Location hidden

#633817 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think so, huh?
Hmmm.... Ok.
Scientifically quantify jealousy.
Go.
Scientifically quantify leprechauns.

Go.

See? God isn't real.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633818 Jun 28, 2013
whack job waaasssuuup wrote:
if there's no zuch thing as antichrist, heir mythbastard, vhy are you zo very antiCHRISTian?;)
As an anti-theist, I'm opposed to all dogma based indoctrination systems which produce cults of willfully ignorant self-righteous bigoted godbots like you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633819 Jun 28, 2013
Double Fine wrote:

The reason for that, I suspect, is the lack of (good) defintion of "god". I was a Christian and it boggled my mind how different churches would see thks deity and talk about its "character" and its "will".
"God" is a very, very broad term, and the religious are not helping, due to the diversity of their beliefs. Do an experiment. Go to your church and hear the preacher talk about God's message, as interpreted from a certain verse
then go to another church, and hear how they perceive the character of this deity.
Agreed. Many people have many outlooks on what God is and how the Bible is interpreted. I stopped going to church long ago partly because of that.
We simply make it simple. We do not believe in any god. Not on the clouds, not in the sky, not in heaven, or anywhere.

I understand and I'm not gonna try converting you it anything. But what bothers me is that so many atheists act like they know what Christians are thinking.(see Sharkey)
Then, your deity is claimed to have abilities to directly manipulate the natural order. Things like the burning bush, the long day of Joshua, tje Red Sea parting, Jesus commanding the storm to subside, the very Creation of the earth, sea and heavens. None of these are demonstratable. None of these can even be theorised to be even remotely accurate. All those mentioned are against the natural order. What better word than "magic" to describe it?
They can't be theorized or demonstrated because we're nowhere near understanding God's power. Hell, we don't know how the earth was formed, we have theories but nothing today is concrete.

I think atheists call it magic for a lack of a better word, for lack of understanding & to make lower God to something silly like Santa.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633820 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You already did...
Quitter.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#633821 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>it
I'm glad we found something we can agree on! Christianity stole from many religions. No, I haven't studied Irminism specifically.
Please read works by Karl Maria Willigut, Hans Hoerbiger..

Though I know the Nazi men would kill me, they had some very intelligent members..

Go to www.burzum.org , too. The sexy man who owns the site is Varg Vikernes, he speaks about how the hodgepodge religion called "Christianity" stole from many cultures, and mostly from European Irminism.

Jesus Christ is an impersonator of the Germanic god Baldur. Ymir a parody of Satan. The Christmas tree a parody of Yggdrasil. Christmas a parody of the European Yule winter festival. Heaven a parody of Asgaard, and so on... I can post a link to his article called Ultima Thule that talks about this: http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/paganism04....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633822 Jun 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Scientifically quantify leprechauns.
Go.
See? God isn't real.
Quick, Tim, quick!! Move them goalposts because you can't answer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 567,354
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min lil whispers 607,047
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 min GodFreeByChoice 5,753
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 22 min Clear Dharma 454
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 97,419
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min Remnant of 144000 39,645
Gay snapchat names 56 min Rhys 324
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Mickey Mouse 488
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 267,254
More from around the web