<quoted text>
Already chilled her out. All she needed was some Double Fine attention
I did notice that. I am impressed.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#634115 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay please enlighten us on how the mind is not a separate entity from the brain, oh great sage know-it-all.:)
Poke a pole straight through your eye. If your mind continues to exist, come and tell us.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#634116 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh lordy lordy lordy. Must we go down this road again?
There is evidence of jealousy. People behave jealously, people report feelings of jealousy, and we can pinpoint exactly what's going on in the brain during a fit of jealousy.
And yes, similar things can be said about "faith" or "religious experiences," but the fact that people experience religious feelings is only proof of those feelings.
I do not point to jealousy as evidence of some... jealous demon thing, and I don't point to love as evidence of cupid. You can't point to god belief as evidence of god. God belief on proves that people believe in god/believe they have experienced god.
As an educated and worldly man of the world, so very hip and in the know, and a faithful devotee of science and the "real" stuff, tell us how these "feelings" can be initiated by a "mind" created by and in parallel with a physical body bound by the laws of physics?

What physical forces can initiate those "feelings"? Drugs are not allowed as an answer. People have had these without them. If it is chemicals in the brain, what causes the emissions of them? Particularly if one is in an idle state physically and mentally?

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#634117 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you only don't believe in Thor because you've never really felt his glory.
Seriously though - bad analogy. The object would not be to show someone what jealousy feels like, only that it exists. Proving it's existence would be quite easy. Exhibit A - car door. Exhibit B - millions of gashes in car door. We can infer feeling from behavior, we can infer feeling from self reports, etc. The existence of jealousy is not in question.
And neither is the existence of faith, or of extremely euphoric religious experiences. Quite profound, I'm sure. I've even been known to have the occasional "awe inspiring" experience. These experiences aren't proof of any higher power though - just evidence that the human mind is very capable of experiencing the sensation of awe - some of us go the extra mile and attribute these feelings to some outside force.
The glory of Thor?

Lmao you really are ignorant.

This is why it is a good idea to not speak on something you know nothing about.

Irminists, or "Pagans" as the Christians call him, didn't look at their gods the same way Christians did. They did not sit back and hope. They believed in action and saw their gods as metaphors and representations of themselves.

Location hidden

#634118 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant get physical evidence of something that is meant to be an allegrical metaphor, smarta ss.
I dont know why this is so hard for atheists to understand this.
Poe.

Anaheim, California

#634119 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that there is no proof that quantum phenomena play a part in consciousness. The relevant effects decohere too quickly at the temperatures occurring in the human brain.
This is not to say that "quantum consciousness" isn't possible, just that there aren't any good reasons to believe it currently.
Okay now I see what you mean.

Location hidden

#634120 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I dont need weed.
Shove your second-rate "insults" back up your a ss.
It was a joke.. I was "making fun" of your strange word choice. A very tame insult, if you must call it that, all things considered.

Honestly though, it seems you could use the loving embrace of some green goodness. Calm yourself down, have some tea, maybe watch some cat videos, and then come back and behave like a nice young lady. You may even learn that not everyone who disagrees with you is looking to get into a youtube-esque insult match.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#634121 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind is not the brain.
The mind is the software of the brain.
You and that other psycho timn seem to be trying to convince me the mind is a physical substance.
Yet I'm idiotic?

Software, does your head have a usb port?

You are trying to say the mind is content, but there is no content without the brain. The two are inseparable , unless you have met some headless people who are great conversationalists , I have to disagree with you. Even If I think you are a sweet person
(when you're not angry). But you see things differently than us ...that's ok you're not (insert word here) because of it.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#634122 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
A sound concept, but now how is it possible to effectively initiate this plan. Remember, you will have to eradicate religion worldwide simultaneously. GL with that.
If 9-11 didn't spark an international ban on ALL religious cults then I can only imagine what horrific event will.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#634123 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the butch lesbians and transgenders!
bigotry is not flattery

Anaheim, California

#634124 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if you can demonstrate one without the other, you have a point.
*roll-eyes-back at you*
Let me clarify , a mind cannot exist without a brain.
But you could try to say a brain can exist that does not have a mind, but then you are talking about a damaged brain.
I am yet to encounter a mind without a brain.
Jesus Christ of the Nazareth...

How can a mind not exist without the brain?

Where do you think the mind comes from?

The mind is a nonphysical entity that is incorporated into the brain as soon as a fetus is born. But where does the mind come from when the fetus is born? Just because you dont know where it comes from doesnt mean it never existed before it came into the brain. This is my philosophy on this matter, this matter which is metempsychosis, or the migration of the "soul"/Ego/mind into a new physical body.

This is why scientists need to incorporate some philosophy into their reasoning, because they see everything as black and white and too linear, thus rendering them ignorant.

Location hidden

#634125 Jun 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As an educated and worldly man of the world, so very hip and in the know, and a faithful devotee of science and the "real" stuff, tell us how these "feelings" can be initiated by a "mind" created by and in parallel with a physical body bound by the laws of physics?
What physical forces can initiate those "feelings"? Drugs are not allowed as an answer. People have had these without them. If it is chemicals in the brain, what causes the emissions of them? Particularly if one is in an idle state physically and mentally?
Infinite regress as applied to emotions?

I must say, your slow descent into lunacy does make for some excellent entertainment.

What is your question? Are you asking me how emotions work?

Location hidden

#634126 Jun 29, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
The glory of Thor?
Lmao you really are ignorant.
This is why it is a good idea to not speak on something you know nothing about.
Irminists, or "Pagans" as the Christians call him, didn't look at their gods the same way Christians did. They did not sit back and hope. They believed in action and saw their gods as metaphors and representations of themselves.
Poe poe poe poe. Goodness gracious.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#634127 Jun 29, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes without saying that your ignorance of Christianity and your cult's delusion of eternal life is astounding, punk.
http://www.christianity.org.uk/index.php/eter...
You stupid ass, read the FIRST SENTENCE!

"Death is not the end"

We all die, moron.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#634128 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ballroom dance? Beautiful Guiters? Nothing wrong about it, and it doesn't make one emasculated necessarily, but it is telling of you that you have occupations more regarded as feminine.
Ballet?
You don't have to shovel horseshit and spit like a man or act like a gorilla to be a masculine man.
Haven't you ever heard of the ultimate apex predator being also ....... a gentleman. It's an evolved and refinement of the rough edges, something you may not understand.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#634129 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
Dude, you only don't believe in Thor because you've never really felt his glory.

Stop moving the goalposts.
Seriously though - bad analogy. The object would not be to show someone what jealousy feels like, only that it exists. Proving it's existence would be quite easy. Exhibit A - car door. Exhibit B - millions of gashes in car door. We can infer feeling from behavior, we can infer feeling from self reports, etc. The existence of jealousy is not in question.
Oh? So the debts in the car door demonstrate jealousy?!

WTF?

Explain the feeling of jealousy to me. Go.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#634130 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a mere mortal, such as yourself, ever grasp the full extent of Double Fines manliness? How does one describe the indescribable? How does one define perfection? How can one person ever comprehend the full extent of Double Fine's awesomeness?
Did you know that it took five women three days to deliver Double Fine? Did you know that Double Fine built the very house he was born into? Did you know that when Double Fine rides into a town, all women fall pregnant, just through Double Fine's closeness? Did you know that when Double Fine calls on the Devil... The Devil answers him with 'sir'!?
You shall never understand, mortal
Um, Im calling BS on this one.
You forgot

Kingdoms quelled
Riots disbursed
Nymphomania cured
Wars Ended
And my personal specialty.
Orgasms Guaranteed

Anaheim, California

#634131 Jun 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Software, does your head have a usb port?
You are trying to say the mind is content, but there is no content without the brain. The two are inseparable , unless you have met some headless people who are great conversationalists , I have to disagree with you. Even If I think you are a sweet person
(when you're not angry). But you see things differently than us ...that's ok you're not (insert word here) because of it.
You need to read about Gilbert Ryle's "Ghost in the machine".

To think software doesnt exist until it is incorporated into hardware is ignorant.

Sure we think differently, but you are trying to come off as like you know everything, and are afraid to admit it because you dont want your ego shattered.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#634132 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>And you too should be ashamed of being feminine!

I used to post as largelanguage, btw.
So now you're stupid in TWO names.

Anaheim, California

#634133 Jun 29, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Poe poe poe poe. Goodness gracious.
Your mockery of what I posted as fact is proof of your ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min BongoNQuivSiggyNRoy 88,437
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Rosesz 703,809
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 11 min Doctor REALITY 6
Skype sex female (Dec '13) 1 hr krissa 9
Looking for lawsuits in Michigan against DHS/CP... (Jul '11) 1 hr CandylynnMoore 127
gay guys for skype?? (Jun '14) 2 hr Caliboy 9
Trump is Gods anointed!!! 3 hr John the Baptist 2