Prove there's a god.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#633612 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
HOW & WHY SCIENCE & RELIGION SHOULD WORK TOGETHER
Science is the antithesis of religion. Science is fact based relying on observation and experimentation. Religion is dogma based without any supporting observations or experiments.

Since: Mar 13

Anaheim, California

#633613 Jun 28, 2013
Science is good, but it gets boring after a while everytime an out-of-the-box idea gets shunned if we cannot get physical evidence of the possibility of that idea. Such thinking is ridiculous. I am not religious or atheistic. I am a seeker of the utmost Truth, and there is no science or religion higher than the utmost Truth.

Anaheim, California

#633614 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is the antithesis of religion. Science is fact based relying on observation and experimentation. Religion is dogma based without any supporting observations or experiments.
Did you even read my article? Obviously not. Please do so before posting irrelevant replies to me.

Thank you.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#633615 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, ALL of the scientific evidence fully supports an entirely natural origin for life on earth.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/orig...
"Even though recent, exciting research has provided plausible scenarios for the origin of life and has answered many questions, it is clear that a lot of research remains to be done, since much of the origin-of-life scenarios is still hypothesis."
HA HA HA HA !!!!!

"plausible scenarios" are not fact, son.

Get real. Admit it's your belief.

Anaheim, California

#633616 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Narrow-minded in-the-box arrogants like you are what my article is about, that goes for religious psychos, too.

I'm not religious or atheistic. F uck religion and atheism.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633617 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No, religiously retarded redneck, you can't refute historical facts by simply denying them because they contradict your programming. You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and should be institutionalized immediately to receive professional treatment of your mental illness, punk.
If you're being honest, then answer this instead of ignoring it:

"Please provide evidence that primitive cultures invented the concept of deities and that deities didn't expose themselves to the primitive cultures."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633618 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read my article? Obviously not. Please do so before posting irrelevant replies to me.
Thank you.
That's all the Mythic Idiot is, dude. Irrelevant replies.

Anaheim, California

#633619 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all the Mythic Idiot is, dude. Irrelevant replies.
Lol "Mythic Idiot". I'm giving you kudos for that one lol :P Thats how alot of science fanatics are: ignoring intuition..so base in their thinking, it limits their imaginations to the third-dimension..There is more to this third-dimension. Like Einstein said: Logic can take your from A to B, but imagination can take you anywhere. Our society doesnt realize both imagination (relgion) and logic (science) should work together. Everything is not all back and white. Science still doesnt know everything. I love science, dont get me wrong, but it is not the complete truth. When will people realize this I dont know. Like I said in my article, scientists are discovering what religious people have known INTUITIVELY for millennia.

Anaheim, California

#633620 Jun 28, 2013
Science is only the piece of the puzzle to The Big Picture Of The Ultimate Truth.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#633621 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
....something created life.
Thanks!
No.

Therefore, Life occurred.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#633622 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
According to approximately two billion brainwashed godbots via Christian indoctrination worldwide, the monstrous deity of a plagiarized work of fiction known as the bible willed himself into existence then created the universe and life on earth.
Whether these stark raving mad insane lunatics approve or not is irrelevant, there will someday inevitably be an international ban on religious brainwashing and the sooner the better.
One hopes so.

Rocky Ford, CO

#633623 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jesuit_s...

Stupidity is your interpretations of the real world and definitions of what's what.

Rocky Ford, CO

#633624 Jun 28, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Ca...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...

Rocky Ford, CO

#633625 Jun 28, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_humani...

Where your "secular" humanism of today comes from.

Jesus won, Topix atheists. Give it up. You are all walking talking products of the legacy he left. You don't "know" a damned thing else.

Rebellious children. Most of you will grow up.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633626 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol "Mythic Idiot". I'm giving you kudos for that one lol :P Thats how alot of science fanatics are: ignoring intuition..so base in their thinking, it limits their imaginations to the third-dimension..There is more to this third-dimension. Like Einstein said: Logic can take your from A to B, but imagination can take you anywhere. Our society doesnt realize both imagination (relgion) and logic (science) should work together. Everything is not all back and white. Science still doesnt know everything. I love science, dont get me wrong, but it is not the complete truth. When will people realize this I dont know. Like I said in my article, scientists are discovering what religious people have known INTUITIVELY for millennia.
I believe that science and religion can and do get along and have for centuries. Many of our greatest scientific minds were/are religious people.

It's the radically religious and radically anti-religious that get in the way of harmony.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633627 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Therefore, Life occurred.
O_o

Please demonstrate that "life occurred".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633628 Jun 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>One hopes so.
You hope for a religious ban?

HA HA!!

Good luck with that.

Anaheim, California

#633629 Jun 28, 2013
Ilovewhitemen20 wrote:
I'm going to post an article I wrote on my blog on Facebook that discussed a topic just like this one in this thread. Bear with me, I wrote alot, so I'm going to have to post it in pieces, because damn Topix doesnt allow more than 4000 characters..lame..Okay here we go:
It's been ages since I last posted any of my ideas on here...
I decided to post my article about science and religion in an attempt to lessen/ease the debate between scientists and religious fanatics, because I'm tired of witnessing debates with both scientists and religious people saying the most idiotic and ignorant things...Here are my two cents:
HOW & WHY SCIENCE & RELIGION SHOULD WORK TOGETHER
The Big Bang theory is the scientific explanation of how the universe began. This explanation is widely accepted by the science community, as well as by the majority of the human population.
Yes its true, after so many thousands of years of existing, being conscious, and pondering life’s mysteries, we still know nothing.
Science was once the promising frontier of a new age of rationality, but it is slowly losing some of its promise as we near what seems to be the “end” of the scientific potential to explain the mysteries of life, and revert back to human kind’s ancient roots.
People like Fred Alan Wolf and John Hogelin are living proof that science does not have ALL the answers…only some.
For those of you unfamiliar with these two geniuses, here’s a brief synopsis of their journey’s:
Fred Alan Wolf is a very famous theoretical physicist who made his film debut in the new age movie “What The Bleep Do We Know”, and then made a second film appearance in another new age film called “The Secret” based on the book by Rhonda Byrnes. He received a PhD in theoretical physics from UCLA in 1963. His main focus was quantum physics and how it relates to consciousness.
After a great deal of study and scholarly learning on the scientific side of things, he eventually found that there was a missing piece to the scientific puzzle, and went to write a book called “The Yoga Of Time Travel”,(which is one of my favorite books, and I highly recommend it t o anyone interested in quantum physics). In it he discusses self-realized masters like the Sri Ramana, Maharshi, Patajali, and Krishna. The Bhagavad Gita is mentioned more than once in this materpeice of science and spirituality.
Whoever judged this post as clueless and nutty is a clueless and nutty dumbf uck.

I bet it was Myth Bastard that judged it as that.

Anaheim, California

#633630 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that science and religion can and do get along and have for centuries. Many of our greatest scientific minds were/are religious people.
It's the radically religious and radically anti-religious that get in the way of harmony.
Yes you're very right hun. You have said in a simple short sentence what I have said in that long winded article nobody obviously didnt even read..:( It makes me sad having my ideas ignored.

Anaheim, California

#633631 Jun 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like philosophy? Can you understand esotericism? Have you heard of Theosophy? Study Theosophy:. Theosophy beautifully combines science, philosophy and religion together, and history too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Jim-ca 53,373
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 33 min onemale1 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Phooey 693,592
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 hr Peter Ross 56
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,483
Can Chinese girls date foreign men? 1 hr Puttin Bro 2
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 15
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) Mon dirtyguy34 35
More from around the web