Prove there's a god.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#633191 Jun 26, 2013
saidI wrote:
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is RR dyslexic too? wow I never would have guess the way he rants on and on about my spelling and grammatical errors.
Since I started on Topix, I have noticed how RR has improved. As I said to him he may not agree with what Atheists say, but they have certainly improved his vocabulary.
Pity you can’t say the same about his cognitive ability.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#633192 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you can't. It is one of life's little pleasures.
So if you have watched Double Fine, you probably know of the boundless humility Double Fine has?
Yes I do know.

But ironically , it's always only in my dreams.

And I hate that fact !!!!

#633193 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you believe in convenience.
There you go again trying to define what I believe. It really is not a nice personality trait you have there.

But I will say that having a convenient god to blame when you don’t understand seem pretty convenient to me.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#633194 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>No, you can't. It is one of life's little pleasures.

So if you have watched Double Fine, you probably know of the boundless humility Double Fine has?
DF's humility is legendary.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#633195 Jun 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So it was his unit? The way he represented himself in that quote was an accurate representation of being a journalist in a warzone? It was "his unit?" It would be on him to interrogate a prisoner? He would kill the prisoner for information?
He's pandering. He's giving you yokels an easy sound bite to use when you want to justify torture.
I took it as a journalist out in a war zone with a unit of troops being shot at.

You took it as a lying republican trying to look better.

And you only take it that way because you want another reason to not like Bill O'Reilly. That's your problem.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#633196 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Was very close. Must say... Pollock wasn't very consistent with his calls. Goddamned Kiwi.
Just finished watching NSW vs QLD game 2 tonight.
If you know you're sports than you will know what I am talking about.
Its now 1-1 , back to Sydney for the decider.
There is no better sporting contest than NSW vs QLD rugby league.
I went to a game a few years ago, there was 100,000 people there.
The emotions that come out during sporting contests is telling.
It wreaks of pure emotion.
It /we as pure non destructive energy will do everything in our power to win, and when both sides have that instinctual urge than we have one hell of a contest on our hands.
Everybody in the crowd , all 100,000 of them think they are right, they think they deserve to win , they think that they are better than the other supporters who are supporting the other team, when in actual fact it is the other team which they despise so much that gives them the opportunity to release this raw emotion.
Isn't it ironic?
Separating from the One really does bring out a individual being.
It gives chance.
Chance brings out emotion ????
Time out , seriously 12 schooners, and eight cones just now.....
Me think it time to go too bed.
Is spelling correct??
Probably, I'm pretty bloody gaod.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633197 Jun 26, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, isn't that cute? One religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic evolution and death denying cowardly fundieseased Christian redneck godbot supporting the inane personal delusions of a fellow freak.
Wash
Rinse
Repeat

That's your posts.

#633198 Jun 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the god we can all (theist and atheist alike) bow down to…

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633199 Jun 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Post # 632402 6/22/12
"Dystopia? Is that Chicago?" code for "Wherever black people are is a dystopia."
Post # 632719 6/25/12
"You'll find plenty of towels in the Middle East!" code for "Muslims are towelheads".
And you're STILL a f*cking LIAR when you say you'll leave this thread forever.
Of course you won't leave, because you love for your racist stupidity to be on full display too much.
I love it too so that I can snatch a knot in your pasty white cracker @ss.
Anything else your klan god has to say that you want to repeat, bastard?
"Code for": I didn't say either of those, your racially paranoid attitude reads into things too much.

It's hilarious how you need to twist my words to make them seem more racist then turn around and call me a cracker ass klans man.

You're a fruit loop.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633200 Jun 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>More lies.
You know you're ready to shoot your so called "black friend gets too uppity" because you're scared of him "being better than you."
You crackers are so schizophrenic. You want black people to be good but never better than you.
It bothers you that you have found out that you white folks are NOT the gods of this planet and cannot completely run things your way.
Good thing, too, or with the weapons you've invented this planet would have been a black ball of radioactive ash a long time ago.
You white people want to destroy the world because "those scary colored people" are in it.
You clowns don't fool me with that "B-b-but my best friend is black" garbage. You know you want black people to disappear, but guess what? THEY wish YOU would disappear!
You're nothing but a phony LYING piece of sh!t!
"Black friend" my ASS.
Boo

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#633201 Jun 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>I see you found a fellow klan member.
Now there are more people to worship your white-sheeted god (ahem, grand wizard) with you.
Hoo f*king-ray for self-extinction.
Thanks a lot for contributing, you stupid racist jack@ss.
Awwww.... You're upset about something, I just can't put my finger on it...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#633202 Jun 26, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
B
Define " length of time" please.
A long time. Thousands of years at the least.

Location hidden

#633203 Jun 26, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
No , there is nothing better than being in third than slamming it back to second.
Make sure traction control is off.
Now you are living !!!!
I love my 351 !
Haha, very true.

Location hidden

#633204 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. However, I have been atheist for a few years now. At first, my position was "there may be a god". Now, the concept is quite far fetched. Why does there need to be one? What good would it do? I suppose if we really want, we can call anything "god" that led to some big thing happening, like the expanse of the universe. But that is a meaningless god altogether, and it would probably mean that the worshipper believes in a non-sentient entity.
I think one is better of worshipping the sun. If you think about it... The sun worshippers are the only ones that can claim they have a deity that actually does something- it gives life.
But believing in a sentient dude, somewhere far away, big enough to fart out galaxies, yet chooses to break my car when I have been naughty? Absurd
Indeed. It's absurd up and down.

Funny - as I was reading your post I was thinking that I was going to respond with "the sun is the most sensible god."

Location hidden

#633205 Jun 26, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe whatever you like. I won't lose a moments sleep over someone looking for something to be offended by.
No matter what your confederate flag and your visions of a southern utopia mean to you, you are being ignorant by not acknowledging the overall cultural meaning of your flag. To most people, a confederate flag is a sign of racism and intimidation, and whether or not you agree with those interpretations is irrelevant. It'd be like someone proudly sporting a swastika and defending it by citing it's "true" meaning as a symbol of peace.

Location hidden

#633206 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep trying to cop out of providing a case for your belief, and that is how I know that you are retreating from your position of alleged certainty to a position of agnosticism. If you really were an agnostic atheist, your would have absolutely no problem presenting your case as to why you don't believe.
And you keep asking for evidence even long after I presented my case, forever pretending the onus is not equally on you to provide your evidence for your belief.
To say most atheists value the scientific method is an unwarranted generalisation. Most atheists I meet don't even know what the scientific method is. They merely point towards some social problems as evidence of no God.
If not providing evidence of intelligent law all around us, then what would ever be evidence? Even that you have not stated. Admit it, your disbelief is based on emotion. You are very good at dismissing "this is not evidence, that is not evidence", but you still, after so many posts, did not state what would constitute evidence to you. Even scientific law is dismissed as apologetic nonsense to you.
My goodness. When did I ever say I was certain there is no god? You invented that position out of whole cloth to argue against. You're either stupid or dishonest at this point.

I don't believe because there is no evidence to believe. Very simple. I don't need to "present evidence for my belief" because it is not a belief. It is a lack of belief. Very simple. You are playing apologist games, acting as if I am even making a positive claim. I am not. I am asking you to provide evidence for your positive claim.

You have provided no evidence. You made a feeble attempt to ride to coat tails of current science. In what bizzaro universe does our scientific knowledge count as proof for god? By the way, how did you determine that the laws of the universe are "intelligent?" You are making dishonest assumptions.

It's hard to tell you what I would accept as evidence when we are talking about something I don't believe in. People define god in many ways, which is why it is up to the believer to define his god and then provide proof for it, not the other way around.

Does your book make any positive claims? Does it say that prayers are answered? If so, I bet we could see how that holds up against scrutiny.

Location hidden

#633207 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know nothing about the development and history of languages, as well as the effect of historical context. What was a relatively easy book for people in the past, is a complex study for us today, since language changes over time.
There is no sentence in the world written by anyone, that is meaningless. That is just your intellectual laziness talking.
The Quran is not a science textbook. It provides some suggestions to ponder about and much encouragement on where to look and how to look and to establish a mentality of inquiry, but ultimately it is not a science book. It is mainly a book on how to be.
Oh. Now it would mean what you say it means if only we could truly understand it.

I meant "meaningless" insofar as it having any scientific meaning - within the context of your post. It is. It may have metaphorical or spiritual meaning to some people, but it has no scientific meaning whatsoever.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#633209 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hondas are reliable cars. That is a fact. Good cars.
They just don't stir the heartstrings. Even worse, they don't stir the loins
You're a Vivaldi sort of guy.

I'll ride the Vanquish, with Mozart, Beethoven and Chopin.

Location hidden

#633210 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I took it as a journalist out in a war zone with a unit of troops being shot at.
You took it as a lying republican trying to look better.
And you only take it that way because you want another reason to not like Bill O'Reilly. That's your problem.
I don't need another reason to dislike him.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#633211 Jun 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Aero.

That is true. Double Fine's humility is as boundless as his seductive prowess

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min I Am No One_ 444,333
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min Lbj 990
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min kent 596,284
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 39 min SouthernBelle 56
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr PortaBella ITA 612,614
my wife neha ki chudai (May '14) 2 hr raavan 15
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 3 hr WasteWater 6,138
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web